Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: pubs in london on sunday
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 23, 2012 03:30

treaclefingers
Gazza
Pilot Inn again pre-show I presume?

You sound like your weakening...can I presume you'll at least be in London the day of the show, looking for scalpers tix on the cheap?

Already sorted. See the ticket drop thread. Just paid what I was originally willing to pay for the level of tickets I wanted, so I'm in. For considerably below face value. thumbs up

Date: November 23, 2012 03:35

bv
Yes. Pilote Inn is the place to be pre-show. As they say - just a Stones' throw from the O2 arena...

[www.pilotgreenwich.co.uk]

This is where we met last, and this is where we will meet... again!

I hope someone reminded them to put extra staff on to cope with the influx. I've been a bit out of the loop with the pre-show arrangements this time as I only decided yesterday to go.

Last time I called them a week before the Stones shows and advised them that they were going to be swamped with hundreds of Stones fans all week, and it was just as well as they really hadnt prepared for it. It maybe wont be as crazy this time as because of the higher ticket prices there are less people from the various boards going, but hopefully they'll be well enough staffed. I suppose theyre used to this sort of thing by now because in 2007 the venue had newly opened and (unless Prince's fans did something similar) it was probably something totally new to them.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 23, 2012 16:09

Yes a call might be in order although :
- maybe there is a lot more available inside the O2 now?
- they close at 18:00 on Sundays apparently, maybe they stay open longer when there is a concert ?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: November 23, 2012 17:46

There's plenty of bars in the 02, but the problem with that is that its easier to meet fellow fans from the internet forums if there's a common meeting point at a location near the venue as opposed to actually in it.

Tried to call them just now but no answer. Will try again later. The number is 020 8858 5910 in case anyone else wants to contact them re: opening hours and to let them know they'll have a busier day than usual.

Posted by: lmatth8461 ()
Date: November 23, 2012 18:05

Gazza
There's plenty of bars in the 02, but the problem with that is that its easier to meet fellow fans from the internet forums if there's a common meeting point at a location near the venue as opposed to actually in it.
The other problem being thqat the O2 bars charge an arm and a leg.
The Pilot is definetely the pub to head for, it's only 10 mins walk from the venue...if that.

Lee

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 23, 2012 18:15

lmatth8461
Gazza
The other problem being thqat the O2 bars charge an arm and a leg.
The Pilot is definetely the pub to head for, it's only 10 mins walk from the venue...if that.

Lee

somebody try to race gazza from the pub to the venue....that's always worth a chuckle or two...

Date: November 23, 2012 18:15

Sure, so I just called them too and didn't get a reply either, odd, hope they haven't gone under :-( They're most likely getting braced for Sunday ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: November 23, 2012 19:08

Same here - no reply & no ansaphone message either.

Date: November 23, 2012 21:44

I just called them - and theyre open from 12 noon to 10.30 pm. Food available early afternoon.

They were aware the Stones gig is on but weren't aware that they would be having a lot of fans converging on the place. They are now!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 23, 2012 21:54

We will fill up their house! I will post the Pilot Inn as the main meeting place on Sunday afternoon. I just love the place! For how long do they have food?

Bjornulf

Date: November 23, 2012 22:06

I think she said until about 3 pm or so.

Posted by: Edith_Grove ()
Date: November 23, 2012 23:16

See u There !

Posted by: SessionsMartin ()
Date: November 24, 2012 01:11

Since 2003 the pub in London for gatherings (Stones, Taylor, Waters, Wood, Wyman) has always been the Jack Horner on Tottenham Court Road just a short way north from the Underground past the St Giles Hotel which has traditionally been the hotel venue, meeting place for after the show. Directly before the gig - not a better place than the Pilot Inn near the O2. Take a CD to the venues and they will play them, at least they did in the past.

Martin.
www.stonessessions.com

Date: November 24, 2012 01:30

They did in 2007, Martin - it was me who supplied them..LOL

Just did a 3-CD playlist this evening!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-24 01:30 by Gazza.

Date: November 24, 2012 01:33

Sounds good, I take it you have GS from "The Stars in the Sky they Never Lie" ? on there ? ;-)

--------------

Posted by: stourbridgestone ()
Date: November 24, 2012 15:42

I'm gonna be in London pretty early on Sunday and heard mentions of Jack Horners pub first, maybe bills 'sticky fingers' for eats and definately the pilot all afternoon. Anywhere else that I should pop in to?

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 24, 2012 15:58

it's the sabbath; please don't drink

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: November 24, 2012 17:06

bv
We will fill up their house! I will post the Pilot Inn as the main meeting place on Sunday afternoon. I just love the place! For how long do they have food?

eatin' is cheatin'...have fun !

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Previous page Next page First page IORR home