Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 16
Re: Newest bootleg: Roundhay Park (Live, 1982)
Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: November 15, 2012 22:30

Well, since I was at this show (at the time it was supposed to be their final ever show...yes I know!) I will get a copy. I saw them 3 times on that tour and I don't remember this as being an outstanding show or anything, but memory may have failed me and it was a bit breezy and the sound was fading in and out where I was positioned.

At some point in the afternoon the fence was pushed over and this let in a few hundred more! My girlfriends brother had turned up without a ticket and was wandering around the entrance to the back stage area and some security guard come roadie gave him a pass. I was so pissed off as he wasn't even a Stones fan as such and I was a good two hundred yards back in the masses. So he got a free gig, a back stage pass and a nice laminate to show for it. Thank god he didn't meet the band, that would have been too much to take!

Posted by: rangerdave ()
Date: November 15, 2012 22:36

Anyone think the Stones are playing a game with the last couple of Archive releases? We wanted Toronto '77, we get Toronto 2005; we wanted Leeds '71, we get Leeds '82..
What next? We want MSG '72, we get MSG 2003? We want Paris '76, we get Paris 2006? We want Sydney '73, we get Sydney '95? winking smiley
For the record, I ain't complaining, I've loved all the releases so far
Dave

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 15, 2012 22:37

rangerdave
Anyone think the Stones are playing a game with the last couple of Archive releases? We wanted Toronto '77, we get Toronto 2005; we wanted Leeds '71, we get Leeds '82..
What next? We want MSG '72, we get MSG 2003? We want Paris '76, we get Paris 2006? We want Sydney '73, we get Sydney '95? winking smiley
Dave

for the luv of gawd someone please demand El Mocambo '67!!

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: November 15, 2012 23:04

rangerdave
we wanted Leeds '71, we get Leeds '82..

Why would anyone want Leeds 71? We have this show already for 40 years?

Mathijs

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: November 15, 2012 23:16

Mathijs
rangerdave

Mathijs

Because some things shine brighter when they become official .....

Date: November 15, 2012 23:18

muenke
Mathijs
rangerdave

Mathijs

and some lose their luster.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: November 15, 2012 23:47

StonesTod
muenke
Mathijs
rangerdave

Mathijs

and some lose their luster.

and some stay exactly the same with no discernible difference as if the Stones themselves raided their own swinging pig collections to brick wall something...[see IBC Demos 1963]

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 16, 2012 00:12

So this Leeds 82 is as "hot"/brickwalled as the rest of the SAs... Not good!

"as if the Stones themselves raided their own swinging pig collections to brick wall something...[see IBC Demos 1963]"

Are you implying that :
the GRRRR songs hit the red meter too
they used the TSP releases Dieter the German TSP guy sent them?

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: November 16, 2012 00:39

Mathijs
rangerdave

Mathijs

Maybe...Because we don't have the complete show? Because we don't have it in stereo? Because we don't have a Bob Clearmountain remix? Because it is a rare '71 show and it's quite good?

One of my all-time favorite boots, I would love to have the spruced up version of this show!

Ross

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 16, 2012 01:07

rangerdave
Dave

I don't think so. I think like I did some time (months?) ago that they used the best bullets first to get the excitement going on (as it did) and then fill the contract with less profilic shows. I personally love having Roundhay Park show, but, of course, I know that it is rather lame and disappointing choice from the classical, prior 89 shows. Really difficult to understand the logic of it (since having a show from the same era already). Was it because it was 'sonically' okay (the best they had in vaults), having a good footage to promote that, or what?

But let's be fair, the first three shows really indicated too strong hopes for the rest to come. And I don't think many is very satisfied what we actually then have.

- Doxa

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: November 16, 2012 09:18

>And I don't think many is very satisfied what we actually then have.

I disagree. I can't fathom a Stones fan not being happy with an official release of a heretofore undocumented tour, executed in most bravura fashion.

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: November 16, 2012 09:40

dcba
So this Leeds 82 is as "hot"/brickwalled as the rest of the SAs... Not good!

"as if the Stones themselves raided their own swinging pig collections to brick wall something...[see IBC Demos 1963]"

Are you implying that :
the GRRRR songs hit the red meter too
they used the TSP releases Dieter the German TSP guy sent them?

The GRRR tracks from the post-'71 era are less brick walled than the individual album reissues. The ABKCO tracks are the same as previously issued.

Date: November 16, 2012 11:25

Ross
Mathijs
rangerdave

Mathijs

Maybe...Because we don't have the complete show? Because we don't have it in stereo? Because we don't have a Bob Clearmountain remix? Because it is a rare '71 show and it's quite good?

One of my all-time favorite boots, I would love to have the spruced up version of this show!

Ross

But we have Leeds in perfect quality, just missing two songs. There's no reason releasing this at all, especially since it is not their best gig of the tour (I find it quite lame actually, with Taylor overplaying each and every song). If they release something from 71 let them release the Roundhouse, which is a red hot show, or release some of the early shows with Can't You Hear Me Knocking and Wild Horses.

Mathijs

Date: November 16, 2012 11:28

I am actually amazed how good this Leeds 82 show is. My fave tour is the 81 tour, and never really liked the 1982 tour that much. Messy, bad sounding guitars, too fast, too coked up. But this Leeds show just is fantastic! It easily ranks up with Hampton, a show I always have considered one of the best Stones shows ever. But man this rocks -fantastic guitar sound from Keith, Jagger singing's remarkbly good, and man what a difference Bill Wyman makes. He really is the difference between the best band in the world and a Vegas act. The only thing I have to get used to is the horns kicking in at very strange moments, like in Going To A Go Go. And I prefer Ernie Watts over Gene Barge, but maybe I just have to get used to him a bit more.

Mathijs

Date: November 16, 2012 11:50

Mathijs
I am actually amazed how good this Leeds 82 show is. My fave tour is the 81 tour, and never really liked the 1982 tour that much. Messy, bad sounding guitars, too fast, too coked up. But this Leeds show just is fantastic! It easily ranks up with Hampton, a show I always have considered one of the best Stones shows ever. But man this rocks -fantastic guitar sound from Keith, Jagger singing's remarkbly good, and man what a difference Bill Wyman makes. He really is the difference between the best band in the world and a Vegas act. The only thing I have to get used to is the horns kicking in at very strange moments, like in Going To A Go Go. And I prefer Ernie Watts over Gene Barge, but maybe I just have to get used to him a bit more.

Mathijs

I agree. However, the warhorses sound a bit... messy. This JJF-version is really something else. The long jams between the two verses sound like something Keith is doing to piss Mick off. I think Mick is saying something the first time he does it as well. And - no third verse smiling smiley

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: November 16, 2012 12:12

kowalski
Link for MP3 version on Stones Archive : [www.stonesarchivestore.com]

Thanks! How you found this I don't know - it's still not on any easy path from the home page. Anyway, just downloaded, now I'm off to the gym to listen while working out. Looking forward to it!

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: November 16, 2012 12:34

Listened to it one time so far and it´s a great show.
My first disapointment´s gone...well done to release this one.
Bizarre version of Angie,btw.

my favourites from the archive

1- Brussels
2- LA Friday
3- Leeds
Hampton
5- Toronto
6- Tokyo ( don´t have and don´t want knowing the footage ...)

Live In Texas belongs somehow beetween Brussels and LA Friday.

Date: November 16, 2012 12:51

I've looked on the archive site but can't find it available in flac. Is there any way of getting it on flac in the Uk?

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: November 16, 2012 13:00

crumbling_mice
I've looked on the archive site but can't find it available in flac. Is there any way of getting it on flac in the Uk?

[www.stonesarchivestore.com]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: November 16, 2012 13:01

crumbling_mice

sent my brother the following link yesterday and it did work for him.

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: November 16, 2012 13:13

rebelrebel
kowalski

Thanks! How you found this I don't know - it's still not on any easy path from the home page. Anyway, just downloaded, now I'm off to the gym to listen while working out. Looking forward to it!
quite strange, I have the same problem. Yet I am a registered member of stonesarchivestore but no Leeds'82 link appears on the page, even when I use the search button on the site.

Date: November 16, 2012 13:34

jpasc95
rebelrebel
kowalski

quite strange, I have the same problem. Yet I am a registered member of stonesarchivestore but no Leeds'82 link appears on the page, even when I use the search button on the site.

Same here, but the links we get here worked, luckily smiling smiley

Date: November 16, 2012 13:35

shortfatfanny
crumbling_mice

Brilliant - thanks Guys...don't know how I missed it, all I was getting was the MP3 option.

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: November 16, 2012 13:43

crumbling_mice
shortfatfanny
crumbling_mice

Brilliant - thanks Guys...don't know how I missed it, all I was getting was the MP3 option.
thanks for the flac link too !

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: November 16, 2012 13:57

How polished is this recording? It sounds too good considering the context (outdoor concert, windy etc). Is it a Bob Clearmountain job? Sounds like it. Are there any SB:s to compare with?

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: November 16, 2012 14:14

jpasc95
rebelrebel
kowalski

They haven't updated the website yet. But the pages for Leeds 82 are already up.
It's easy to find them : Leeds 82 MP3 is #BGDDRS78 and FLAC is #BGDDRS79. You just need to click on any previous show page and change the last number for 8 (MP3) or 9 (FLAC) in the adress bar.

Date: November 16, 2012 14:17

Glam Descendant
>And I don't think many is very satisfied what we actually then have.

I disagree. I can't fathom a Stones fan not being happy with an official release of a heretofore undocumented tour, executed in most bravura fashion.

you need to work on your fathoming

Date: November 16, 2012 14:28

Stoneage
How polished is this recording? It sounds too good considering the context (outdoor concert, windy etc). Is it a Bob Clearmountain job? Sounds like it. Are there any SB:s to compare with?

The balance seems like it's untouched, but the intruments' sounds are definitely tweaked.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: November 16, 2012 14:30

I've just noticed on the artwork. Engineer - Glyn Johns.

I thought he'd walked out in 75/76 after a row with Keith.

He had an incredible history with the band. Has he ever told his story ?

sc uk

Date: November 16, 2012 14:37

DandelionPowderman
Stoneage

The balance seems like it's untouched, but the intruments' sounds are definitely tweaked.

What do you mean with tweaked? The guitars sound just like they did in '81/'82.

Mathijs

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1467
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home