Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516Next
Current Page: 13 of 16
Re: Newest bootleg: Roundhay Park (Live, 1982)
Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: November 17, 2012 13:18

Check out those vids! I never thought I'd consider 1982 to be an important part of the "real" era but hell yeah. And listen to Keith and Ronnie (yes, weaving) here:

video: [youtu.be]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-17 13:21 by Redhotcarpet.

Date: November 17, 2012 13:28

Mick using the band to launch a solo career. Must have been his idea of a farewell tour with uptempo nice pop songs and none of the "dark" Keithish era songs: Gimme Shelter, SFTD, Rambler. Which is fine, the didnt belong in the 78 package either but 1978 was all about Some Girls. And the 50s was cool in the 80s so...

Posted by: mrfancyman ()
Date: November 17, 2012 13:48

Angie is not on Hampton.......

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: November 17, 2012 16:38

KeithNacho
By that time KR's lead roles were almost absolute. RW is almost unaudible here and in Hampton's. KR was great, very great during that tour, and his unique style, albeit technical limited skills, was the signature sound of the <RS i love.
During the 1975 RW had brilliant lead roles that never have repeated during this last 35 years.
Can you imagine these two guys playing properly as they did??? It could be heaven

RW isn't inaudible here, I think, brilliant sidekick work all over (absolutely e.g. in Let Me Go or at the end of TD), but also some quite good solos e.g. in Black Limo, YCAGWYW. You are right, that Ronnie was on his peak during 75/76. In general the boot series is a great rehabilitation of Ronnie's abilities, he is brilliant on LA Friday and Leeds. On no official live or studio album he could prove his great guitar skills and musicality. What a shame! Later on he was a victim of his alcohol problems and the profile neurosis of the both super-egos of the band I think.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 17, 2012 16:56

gave it a spin last night. slow DOWN, boys! couldn't wait for the tour to be over or something?

yeah - it's the last gig for the band formerly known as the rolling stones...or something. all good things must come to and end and stuff.

highlights? idk...maybe the break-neck run-thrus of let me go and hang fire...keef doing those up-and-down runs faster and faster and faster. good job, keefy!

angie wasn't half-bad...maybe only 1/4 bad...better than other versions i've heard from the tour...

goodbye stones! thanks for memories....

Posted by: Slick ()
Date: November 17, 2012 18:31

StonesTod
gave it a spin last night. slow DOWN, boys! couldn't wait for the tour to be over or something?

yeah - it's the last gig for the band formerly known as the rolling stones...or something. all good things must come to and end and stuff.

highlights? idk...maybe the break-neck run-thrus of let me go and hang fire...keef doing those up-and-down runs faster and faster and faster. good job, keefy!

angie wasn't half-bad...maybe only 1/4 bad...better than other versions i've heard from the tour...

indeed. historically significant as not only stu's last show, but the last rolling stones show ever, to be reincarnated as the vegas stones in 1989. show rocks, LOVE the speed, fine way to go out, RIP rolling stones.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: November 17, 2012 18:48

StonesTod
gave it a spin last night.

I agree with everything you typed except the above...

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: November 17, 2012 18:56

StonesTod

is another goodbye thread to be expected ?

Posted by: Keessie ()
Date: November 17, 2012 19:10

UK TV (YTV) 'Calendar', 26 July, 1982 with reports from Leeds, Roundhay Park, 25 July, 1982
With:
Interviews with officials of Leeds
Under My Thumb -Leeds 25.7.82
Brown Sugar -Leeds 25.7.82, part only
Honky Tonk Women -Leeds 25.7.82, part only

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-17 19:14 by Keessie.

Posted by: TeaAtThree ()
Date: November 17, 2012 19:40

KeithNacho
By that time KR's lead roles were almost absolute. RW is almost unaudible here and in Hampton's. KR was great, very great during that tour, and his unique style, albeit technical limited skills, was the signature sound of the <RS i love.
During the 1975 RW had brilliant lead roles that never have repeated during this last 35 years.
Can you imagine these two guys playing properly as they did??? It could be heaven

Keith Nacho,
Listen to this with headphones. Ron is clear, loud and jamming all over the place.
T@3

Date: November 17, 2012 20:04

Slick
StonesTod

indeed. historically significant as not only stu's last show, but the last rolling stones show ever, to be reincarnated as the vegas stones in 1989. show rocks, LOVE the speed, fine way to go out, RIP rolling stones.

Yup that was the last Rolling Stones show.

Date: November 17, 2012 20:08

Redhotcarpet
Check out those vids! I never thought I'd consider 1982 to be an important part of the "real" era but hell yeah. And listen to Keith and Ronnie (yes, weaving) here:

Im q-ing myself here but listen to this, 2.55 Under my thumb. So freaking good.

video: [youtu.be]

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 17, 2012 20:14

deardoctor
what a mess! the only song i need from that tour is CHANTALLY LACE which is NOT included confused smiley

Nor should it be. It had been dropped from the set about 3-4 weeks earlier.

Didnt think it was THAT great a cover, myself.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: November 17, 2012 21:17

Gazza
deardoctor
what a mess! the only song i need from that tour is CHANTALLY LACE which is NOT included confused smiley

Honestman has come to the rescue!

[www.iorr.org]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Date: November 17, 2012 21:20

Gazza
deardoctor

You're too damn diplomatic Gazza.
The cover was utter crap...embarrassing to hear Jagger's "Big Bopper".

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: November 17, 2012 21:29

Jimmy Savile again in the clip above.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: November 17, 2012 21:30

StonesTod

The first time I heard hang fire from this tour I thought the horns sounded really weird but on this show it has grown on me, its one of my favorite tracks on it.

Date: November 17, 2012 21:33

ryanpow
StonesTod

The first time I heard hang fire from this tour I thought the horns sounded really weird but on this show it has grown on me, its one of my favorite tracks on it.

they played this one so fast that keef doubled up his guitar break and it still clocked in at a record short length...the speeding stones...

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: November 17, 2012 21:52

The only good thing about Chantally Lace was Stu starting it off. I thought it was a plodder.

Listened to JJF on headphones last night. Keith is ON FIRE .He seems to be lost in the moment . The 3rd verse is abandoned completely despite Mick trying to get his attention ! Weave away boys . BALLS OUT ROCK N ROLL .End of an era indeed . A totally unexpected release and my favourite of the Archive series.

OK I'm biased as I was there.

sc uk

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-17 21:53 by straycatuk.

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: November 17, 2012 21:55

TooTough
Jimmy Savile again in the clip above.

Yep, Savile had a flat in the park until he died..fairly exclusive des res. Often saw him jogging in the park.

Interesting he says he spent 2 hours with the band before they went on stage...wonder if he and Perks were ...I won't go there!

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: November 17, 2012 21:57

Don't !

Date: November 17, 2012 21:57

straycatuk
The only good thing about Chantally Lace was Stu starting it off. I thought it was a plodder.

Listened to JJF on headphones last night. Keith is ON FIRE .He seems to be lost in the moment . The 3rd verse is abandoned completely despite Mick trying to get his attention ! Weave away boys . BALLS OUT ROCK N ROLL .End of an era indeed . A totally unexpected release and my favourite of the Archive series.

sc uk

I'm biased and I was nowhere near there. This show sizzles

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: November 17, 2012 22:07

The Rolling Stones cover of "Chantilly Lace" isn't great by any means. But it has some sort of irreverent campiness about it. At least it had then, maybe not now.

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: November 17, 2012 22:14

I've re-watched those clips from the Roundhay show and I'm now wondering why I left the gig feeling that it wasn't a particuarly good show. I'd seen them twice on that tour before this gig and thought they were better, but watching those clips they were on fire! I remember thinking as I watched the firework show at the end, if that's the end of the band then what a let down.

I can only think it was due to where I was stood, and the poor sound quality. I so wish I could go back and do it again now. I also was feeling pretty rough as I'd had to drink all our booze before we went in and then the only cigarettes on sale were red Marlboros which I didn;t normally smoke but managed to get through two packets that afternoon.

I hope they do release the DVD, as I feel priviliged I was there and would like to watch it from the comfort of my sofa.

Date: November 17, 2012 22:21

straycatuk

sc uk

you made me read this before the disclaimer? bad form....

Posted by: Keessie ()
Date: November 17, 2012 22:33

Date: November 17, 2012 22:34

StonesTod
ryanpow
StonesTod

they played this one so fast that keef doubled up his guitar break and it still clocked in at a record short length...the speeding stones...

I guess it kinda became the Rip This Joint of the 82 tour.

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: November 17, 2012 22:44

RobertJohnson
KeithNacho

RW isn't inaudible here, I think, brilliant sidekick work all over (absolutely e.g. in Let Me Go or at the end of TD), but also some quite good solos e.g. in Black Limo, YCAGWYW. You are right, that Ronnie was on his peak during 75/76. In general the boot series is a great rehabilitation of Ronnie's abilities, he is brilliant on LA Friday and Leeds. On no official live or studio album he could prove his great guitar skills and musicality. What a shame! Later on he was a victim of his alcohol problems and the profile neurosis of the both super-egos of the band I think.
Rom Wood came from The Faces...a great band with great songs...it was a drinkin band....with no guitar hero...tAYLOR WAS a so called guitar hero...The Stones were almost a hardrock band...with wood they went back to the R&R and punk funk blues......you cant really compare...a totally different band

Date: November 17, 2012 23:03

rooster
RobertJohnson
KeithNacho

Rom Wood came from The Faces...a great band with great songs...it was a drinkin band....with no guitar hero...tAYLOR WAS a so called guitar hero...The Stones were almost a hardrock band...with wood they went back to the R&R and punk funk blues......you cant really compare...a totally different band

we can't compare? then wtf have been here wasting our time doing the past coupla decades? thanks for telling us NOW!

Date: November 17, 2012 23:39

we can contrast though. feel free to contrast all you want.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516Next
Current Page: 13 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1570
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home