Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2930313233343536373839...LastNext
Current Page: 34 of 46
Re: The official "TICKET DROP" thread
Posted by: thunderball ()
Date: November 24, 2012 23:15

Blok B2 row F also available now for sunday

It's still coming up on TM.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 25, 2012 04:17

delacey99
just bought a single for tomorrow night £246 - block 113 row r!

GOOD DEAL .... great seat location & great price (relatively speaking of course) winking smiley

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: November 25, 2012 05:23

Hoping that Ticketmaster releases tickets days before the shows here in the US as well

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: November 25, 2012 05:39

paulywaul
delacey99
just bought a single for tomorrow night £246 - block 113 row r!

GOOD DEAL .... great seat location & great price (relatively speaking of course) winking smiley

Quite often, once they set up the stage in the venue, they will see that seats they had originally not planned on selling have an unobstructed view of the stage. These "side-stage" or "rear-stage" seats can be great, allowing you to see stuff that can't be seen from the front.

Posted by: partnerincrime ()
Date: November 25, 2012 08:21

lots of tickets still available at the 02 box office both for 25th and 29th show and all around in london ... just got mine and for a friend, section 108, below face value. who said it was sold out? bollocks!!!

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: November 25, 2012 11:03

partnerincrime
lots of tickets still available at the 02 box office both for 25th and 29th show and all around in london ... just got mine and for a friend, section 108, below face value. who said it was sold out? bollocks!!!

At the box office eh? That's interesting as for the 25th the secondary sites seem to have either sold theirs or handed them back, for the most part anyway. Viagogo have just 16 left as I write and Seatwave 70. All the prices, even for the upper tier, are higher than I paid a couple of days ago for B3 from Viagogo. Timing is everything and I can't believe my luck this time. Did you just ring the box office and arrange to collect? And were they selling below face value?

Date: November 25, 2012 11:51

partnerincrime

<<< who said it was sold out? bollocks!!! >>>

Now ANYONE that's ever believed for one second that it's been sold out since 7 minutes after the general public sale commenced on Friday 19th October is, I'm afraid to say, very gullible - if not a total idiot. It was great publicity to have said so however, and say so they did - loud and clear. It was all over the press for a good few days, and the talk of many a radio DJ too.

But the reality is that it has never been sold out, and it is not in fact even sold out as I write, on the morning of 25th November, the very date of the first of the two shows.

This sold out nonsense has been, as you rightly point out, a load of bollocks since day one !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-25 11:52 by paulywaul.

Posted by: SILBE64 ()
Date: November 25, 2012 11:57

Right now there is a pair of Tongue Pit tix for tonight available on viagogo, 650 £ each (plus viagogo fees, of course), just in case someone is desperate to get in there and willing/able to spend the sum.
Paulywaul, you were so right all the way through, and thank you for sharing your views, I managed to buy fantastic tickets at face value for both shows just by following your advise! And now we are nearly there!!! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: November 25, 2012 12:07

SILBE64
Right now there is a pair of Tongue Pit tix for tonight available on viagogo, 650 £ each (plus viagogo fees, of course), just in case someone is desperate to get in there and willing/able to spend the sum.
Paulywaul, you were so right all the way through, and thank you for sharing your views, I managed to buy fantastic tickets at face value for both shows just by following your advise! And now we are nearly there!!! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

A pleasure, glad I could help. Just to read you words alone justifies the 30 something pages of this thread, because personally I just HATE to see people get screwed for no reason whatsoever, or more to the point - get screwed because they don't fully understand the cynical manipulative manner in which ticket sales are conducted these days, and the total nonsense we have to put up with.

Anyway, thanks for your words, enoy the show(s)

Posted by: beepee ()
Date: November 25, 2012 12:38

I'm thinking of going there and buy a ticket from a reseller in order to get the price below FV.

Date: November 25, 2012 13:05

beepee
I'm thinking of going there and buy a ticket from a reseller in order to get the price below FV.

Said it many times already and will say it again, prepare to be disappointed AT THE ACTUAL VENUE LOCATION if you're expecting to see the landscape awash with scalpers. You won't, because the O2 Arena heavily discourages doorstep scalping and has its own people out to spot it happening and stop it. And THEY MANAGE TO DO THAT WITH GREAT EFFECTIVENESS.

So if you turn up ticketless at the O2 today, you'll pretty much be at the mercy of the box office only & whatever they're selling, and they sure as hell aren't going to be selling it to you at BELOW face.

Just be aware, and act accordingly.

Good luck

Posted by: lmatth8461 ()
Date: November 25, 2012 13:17

The morning on the gig and there are still 51 tickets on eBay...and blocks of 4 on TM. hmmm....

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: November 25, 2012 13:55

Man, what a shame it would be to play a half-full O2. I'd be full of Schadenfreude to see Mick's face, but I'll also be annoyed if I sit in a half-full arena.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: November 25, 2012 14:05

Halelujah. Lord be praised. Just got myself a ticket at Ticketmaster for tonight. Block 111 Row A seat 350. Off for a quick run and then down to the Pilot to see you good cats. We're rocking.

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: November 25, 2012 14:06

Lorenz
Man, what a shame it would be to play a half-full O2. I'd be full of Schadenfreude to see Mick's face, but I'll also be annoyed if I sit in a half-full arena.

The reality is they'll just fill up the lower levels from level 4 - doesn't hurt the atmosphere in there because 4 feels so cut off but it's a bummer that some of the best seats will go to those who have paid the least and a bunch of folk who would have loved to be there will miss out despite there being bags of room.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 25, 2012 14:18

So are there really tix available at the box office ? Anyone actually been there or called ?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: November 25, 2012 14:23

gotdablouse
So are there really tix available at the box office ? Anyone actually been there or called ?

I called but they offered crap single tickets in upper tiers. Been on the computer for 4 hours this morning until the ticket I wanted came up. Went in via the 02 Arena site.

Date: November 25, 2012 14:31

Silver Dagger
Halelujah. Lord be praised. Just got myself a ticket at Ticketmaster for tonight. Block 111 Row A seat 350. Off for a quick run and then down to the Pilot to see you good cats. We're rocking.

Good man SD thumbs up cool smiley hot smiley

So this ticket then ? It's for this Rolling Stones gig that sold out in 7 minutes on the morning of Friday 19th October 2012 - right ????

NEVER EVER believe this "sold out" crap, and certainly not at face value prices as high as these are for this clutch of Stones shows. Everyone that's used this thread, do yourselves a favour - either for future Stones gigs or any other artists' shows for that matter. Take your time, understand how the system works, pay attention, and don't fall for the nonsense and the hype. There's no need to be "fooled" by it.

Posted by: delacey99 ()
Date: November 25, 2012 14:46

holding 112 row k 373 in my basket - will let it go in 3 mins if anyone wants to try looking for it

Date: November 25, 2012 14:48

delacey99
holding 112 row k 373 in my basket - will let it go in 3 mins if anyone wants to try looking for it

I saw that as a matter of interest, that is a totally AWESOME seat. Good of you to hold and make it available for anyone that needs it. What a kind soul you are, kudos !!

thumbs up hot smiley

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 25, 2012 14:48

Wow this is excellent so when are they going to reopen the Thursday page ?!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: November 25, 2012 14:49

gotdablouse
Wow this is excellent so when are they going to reopen the Thursday page ?!

Probably Monday if I had to make a guess !

Posted by: bardo_b ()
Date: November 25, 2012 15:04

I'm in on thursday. Block 108; not the best place in the arena, but not too bad either. And I paid it 30% less than face value. See you there!

Ciao

Bardo

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..five strings, three notes, two fingers, one @#$%&..

take a look at my RS tribute band:
[www.stickyfingers.it]

[www.facebook.com]

Date: November 25, 2012 15:10

This is also on another thread, but I thought I'd stick it in here also seeing as the subject matter of the article is seats and prices and all that good stuff .....

[www.thesun.co.uk]

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: November 25, 2012 15:39

Lady Jayne
Lorenz

The reality is they'll just fill up the lower levels from level 4 - doesn't hurt the atmosphere in there because 4 feels so cut off but it's a bummer that some of the best seats will go to those who have paid the least and a bunch of folk who would have loved to be there will miss out despite there being bags of room.

How will that happen? Can I ask for an upgrade on arrival or will they just move everyone down before the show starts? I got some tickets for level 4 during the facebook pre-sale, obviously interested in upgrading if there is a possibility.

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: November 25, 2012 16:12

Interesting to read the Sun newspaper article and all the talk that 'thousands' of tickets remain unsold, and / or that the place will be far from sold out.

I had a quick look on all of the secondary ticket sites about an hour ago, as well as ticketmaster. Between the secondary sites there are no more than about 80 tickets available, approx 150 tickets on ebay (at an educated guess) and a few on TM. So I would say that there are maybe 400 or so seats still available?

That's about 98% full.

This is not including the people that snap up last minute tickets between now and showtime.

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: November 25, 2012 16:46

Lorenz
Lady Jayne
Lorenz

How will that happen? Can I ask for an upgrade on arrival or will they just move everyone down before the show starts? I got some tickets for level 4 during the facebook pre-sale, obviously interested in upgrading if there is a possibility.

Can only go on what happened to me on the last show in 2007 - I had a nosebleed seat and asked at the box office on the night about upgrading - got offered a floor seat at face value and declined as it was too much and then moved for free to the side stage block second row. The people around us I spoke to were all people who had either bought that day or been moved from upper levels on arrival. It may be totally different this time but never hurts to ask.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-25 16:47 by Lady Jayne.

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: November 25, 2012 17:23

I tell you what I don't get / understand ...

People that DON'T ACTUALLY WANT A TICKET looking at what's available knowing full well they're stopping someone THAT DOES WANT A TICKET seeing that seat for themselves

WTF is that all about ???

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: November 25, 2012 17:37

Lady Jayne - Did the box office actually offer you an "upgrade" in the sense that they offered you the opportunity to pay the difference in the face values between your ticket and the floor ticket? Or, did they just offer you the ticket at face?

In any event, I think you got lucky and that this is a rare occurrence.

For these shows, I don't think that there are large sections unsold in the 1st tier (and of course, not on the floor). If anyone has those tickets, it would be secondary sellers. In the rare instances where they end up with unsold blocks, they offer them to their best customers and then write the cost off as a business expense. They get tax savings equal to 40-50% of the value of the ticket. If you see a bunch of young bankers/lawyers all sitting together but not particularly interested in the show, that might be what happened.

Posted by: thunderball ()
Date: November 25, 2012 17:49

drbryant

In any event, I think you got lucky and that this is a rare occurrence.

Mr partners daughter was upgraded from Level 4 to Level 1 at the O2 last year. I have been upgraded twice at the Royal Albert Hall as well. If tonight is being filmed then it is very likely some people will be upgraded. Empty seats spent look too good on a DVD.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2930313233343536373839...LastNext
Current Page: 34 of 46

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1784
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home