Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2526272829303132333435...LastNext
Current Page: 30 of 46
Re: The official "TICKET DROP" thread
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: November 22, 2012 19:52

TomGreen
Pit £649 and no fees now on Stub Hub!

That fingers gettin' real itchy now and is starting to walk towards my mouse.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 22, 2012 19:58

Silver Dagger
TomGreen

Silver Dagger, sent you two e-mails, can u reply Y or N, thanks

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: November 22, 2012 20:00

Silver Dagger
TomGreen

Tell me about it!

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Date: November 22, 2012 20:14

paulywaul
Silver Dagger
TomGreen

Silver Dagger, sent you two e-mails, can u reply Y or N, thanks

Going there now Paul. Hang on.

Date: November 22, 2012 20:15

Silver Dagger
TomGreen

Or should that be the heavy throbber's itchin'! No, it's a family show!

Posted by: Welsh Stone ()
Date: November 22, 2012 20:32

Finally - my patience has paid off! I managed to pick up a ticket for Sunday on eBay last night at face value! Alright, it's not the best of seats but it's inside the Arena which is all I really care about. Can finally relax now - well, will do when it's in my hand!!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 22, 2012 20:35

Well done! With all the crazy action over the past week we're going to need to rest before Sunday if we want to make it through the show.

Not sure what's going on with Stubhub but with the huge drops today people are going to be playing the waiting game I suspect...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: November 22, 2012 20:51

Welsh Stone
Finally - my patience has paid off! I managed to pick up a ticket for Sunday on eBay last night at face value! Alright, it's not the best of seats but it's inside the Arena which is all I really care about. Can finally relax now - well, will do when it's in my hand!!

Nice one Welsh. Hope to see you at The Pilot Inn on Sunday.

Posted by: Welsh Stone ()
Date: November 22, 2012 21:02

Cheers SD. I may pop along for a cheeky pint....

Date: November 22, 2012 21:17

Anyone know how many people allowed in the pit each night?

Date: November 22, 2012 21:19

Silver Dagger
Anyone know how many people allowed in the pit each night?

One estimate I heard was 300-350

Date: November 22, 2012 21:38

I think that was found by looking at the Superbowl pit but it's unlikely to be the same design (too long and too deep), BTW here is the "Tongue Pit" thread with some pics of the SB setup -> [www.iorr.org]

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Sister Marie ()
Date: November 22, 2012 21:49

Pour info:
On TM right now: BK 110 row A Seat 306

Posted by: Sir Mick ()
Date: November 22, 2012 22:38

Block 112 seats (2) Row X on TM half hour ago. Block 112 Row V (2 seats) just come up now. They're getting closer to the front. I think Block 112 are the best in the house and it's a good idea to be raised up a bit maybe Row H and back from there.

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: November 22, 2012 22:45

paulywaul
Gazza
Just won a pair of first level tickets for Sunday on e-bay for about two-thirds of their face value - which was pretty much what I'd said I was willing to pay to begin with for that area (I'd no interest in the 400's).

Bill & Mick T being confirmed finally got me interested but happily I was able to play the Stones and scalpers at their own game - and win. It helped too that getting advance info on the concert dates meant I got a good price on a hotel nearby.

See y'all at the Pilot Inn on Sunday. thumbs up

Bingo .... well done that man !!
I'm surprised that there hasn't been more reactions to Gazzas post. I'd say here is somebody climbing off his high horse. Understandable since Bill & Mick are coming but it makes some earlier posts somewhat less credible.
The whole reason I was willing to pay 400 quid was because it was clear something special was going to happen. That fact wasn't taken along in the reasoning about the high ticket prices.

It's also unlikely Gazza that you played the scalpers at their own game. Maybe you bought below face value cause somebody else decided to go for something better than the first ring. Basically you don't know whether you bought tickets from a scalper. You surely haven't played the Stones at their own game. Not even TM. The stones have their money anyhow, even if not a single ticket is sold, and TM probably received their money from the perceived "scalper".

Nope. No interest. Mind was made up the moment I clicked out of ticketmaster a few minutes after 9 am the day the tickets went on sale. Had a price limit, nothing decent was available in that range so it was one of the easiest decisions I've ever made. Cathartic, in fact.

A 24 hour trip at short notice - even allowing for the fact I got a very good price on a hotel room because I booked it way before the shows were confirmed - would cost me about £500 if I got a concert ticket for £300. Thats @#$%& insane and I have loads of other priorities and things I'd rather spend my dough on. Good luck to everyone who's decided to go, however.

A first ring ticket is 406. Two thirds is pretty close to 300.
And apparently that hotel was reserved too.

Mind you, you made the right decision, but the above quote feels a little weird now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-22 22:46 by Whale.

Date: November 22, 2012 23:01

Whale
paulywaul
Gazza
Just won a pair of first level tickets for Sunday on e-bay for about two-thirds of their face value - which was pretty much what I'd said I was willing to pay to begin with for that area (I'd no interest in the 400's).

Bill & Mick T being confirmed finally got me interested but happily I was able to play the Stones and scalpers at their own game - and win. It helped too that getting advance info on the concert dates meant I got a good price on a hotel nearby.

I'm surprised that there hasn't been more reactions to Gazzas post. I'd say here is somebody climbing off his high horse. Understandable since Bill & Mick are coming but it makes some earlier posts somewhat less credible.
The whole reason I was willing to pay 400 quid was because it was clear something special was going to happen. That fact wasn't taken along in the reasoning about the high ticket prices.

It's also unlikely Gazza that you played the scalpers at their own game. Maybe you bought below face value cause somebody else decided to go for something better than the first ring. Basically you don't know whether you bought tickets from a scalper. You surely haven't played the Stones at their own game. Not even TM. The stones have their money anyhow, even if not a single ticket is sold, and TM probably received their money from the perceived "scalper".

Nope. No interest. Mind was made up the moment I clicked out of ticketmaster a few minutes after 9 am the day the tickets went on sale. Had a price limit, nothing decent was available in that range so it was one of the easiest decisions I've ever made. Cathartic, in fact.

A 24 hour trip at short notice - even allowing for the fact I got a very good price on a hotel room because I booked it way before the shows were confirmed - would cost me about £500 if I got a concert ticket for £300. Thats @#$%& insane and I have loads of other priorities and things I'd rather spend my dough on. Good luck to everyone who's decided to go, however.

Mind you, you made the right decision, but the above quote feels a little weird now.

I don't understand the point of your comment here Whale.

Gazza, like myself and many other Stones fans, didn't want to pay an extortionate price for a ticket. It was pretty obvious that prices were going to tumble. That's called playing the game. It's like taking a bet.
When Gazza made that statement I'm sure he was as pissed off as the rest of us who were duped into thinking the whole shebang sold out in hours. He wasn't riding a high horse. He, like the rest of us living in a recession, was saying enough is enough. I don't understand what your beef here is Whale. Are you pissed off that you could have paid less for your ticket like Gazza?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-22 23:03 by Silver Dagger.

Date: November 22, 2012 23:15

Yes, this is not the place to pick on other members, let's just be happy for those who get a good deal/are happy with what they got.

So I'm confused now, why have TM taken down that 29/11 search page, at times there was nothing available for 25th but you could still waste your time searching for tix...well I guess they're doing us a favour then ;-)

The huge drop in the pit tix doesn't seem to have generated any sales so far, neither at Getmein/Seatwave/Viagogo/Stubhub, etc...I guess they're all watching one another other at this point. I wonder who'll crack first...

--------------

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: November 22, 2012 23:16

Silver Dagger
Whale
paulywaul
Gazza

I don't understand the point of your comment here Whale.

Gazza, like myself and many other Stones fans, didn't want to pay an extortionate price for a ticket. It was pretty obvious that prices were going to tumble. That's called playing the game. It's like taking a bet.
When Gazza made that statement I'm sure he was as pissed off as the rest of us who were duped into thinking the whole shebang sold out in hours. He wasn't riding a high horse. He, like the rest of us living in a recession, was saying enough is enough. I don't understand what your beef here is Whale. Are you pissed off that you could have paid less for your ticket like Gazza?
Not pissed off at all. Anybody should do as they see fit.

What I'm saying is that it's not at all clear that scalpers are duped here, and neither are the stones or ticketmaster. It's likely somebody lost a few quid but that somebody may very well not be a scalper. TM & the stones have got their cash.

Moreover the prices are indeed abusive. The only reason I'm still going for it is that it's a very special concert. Which is the same reason Gazza is paying near to 300 quid. Also that's an outrageous amount compared to Zep's 125 quid 5 years earlier. But we pay that amount because Bill / Mick are there. In the end Gazza did the same trade-off as everybody else. I hope he has the best of tickets. They can't be any worse than mine.

Gazza was just smarter than I was, he waited, like others here. It's not that he wasn't willing to pay a ridiculous amount.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: November 22, 2012 23:16

Will be intresting the next few days regarding prices.

Still hoping to make the 29th and on reading people who are travelling from abroad and other parts of the uk, makes my two hours from brum look nothing in comparison.

Not really bothered about getting a nose bleed, but now way paying £400 for that priveledge thou.

Thanks for all the info on this thread and good luck to everybody who obtains a ticket for sunday.

Posted by: TomGreen ()
Date: November 22, 2012 23:20

Well done everyone who has held out for pit tickets so long, I regret buckling so early as I would have saved £500 if I'd bought now let alone tomorrow, Sat or Sun itself! I have a feeling I won't be too bothered when I walk away on Sun night though.

Date: November 22, 2012 23:31

Yeah, you gotta do what you gotta do, and your decision made sense when you pulled the trigger, and on the plus side you've had peace of mind for a few days. See you in the pit! Actually I started a list over there on who will be in that still mysterious place -> [www.iorr.org] ;-)

--------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-22 23:32 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 23, 2012 00:52

Whale
paulywaul
Gazza

Firstly - I do know I bought them off a scalper. His history on e-bay (plus the fact that he bought several tickets for an event he wasnt attending) suggests he's an old hand at it. Either that or he has very weird tastes in music, being both a huge fan of the Stones AND Justin Bieber.

Silver Dagger is basically right. I wanted to go - which is why I reserved a hotel room two weeks before the shows were confirmed (because luckily enough I knew when the shows would take place) but I had a ceiling as to what I was willing to pay and the sort of ticket I was willing to buy. When those options werent available on the sale day I logged out of TM, quite happy with the fact that for once I was able to exercise a bit of self control. Trust me, if you knew the amount of money Ive spent following the Stones and how much of it has been beyond my means, you'd understand how cathartic that was. I had absolutely no wish to give the Rolling Stones £408 for an evening out. After that, I had no interest in going until the band confirmed Taylor and Wyman would be part of the shows.

I held on to the hotel reservation (which wasnt prepaid and which was fully refundable if I cancelled) because I wanted to sell the room (for the same price) to another fan rather than give it back and see it re-sold at maybe twice or three times what I would have been paying for it.

And the amount I'm paying for a ticket is a lot closer to 200 quid (my original limit) than 30o. Plus I got the only level (1st) that I was interested in (obviously I would prefer floor tickets but I always knew they were going to be out of my price range. When I heard before the shows were announced that tickets were going to be around £400 I assumed that this would only be for floor tickets)

The Stones, Branson and TM got their 408 quid from someone else. All they got from me was little more than half that - indirectly via someone else - because I refused to pay it. So its quite easy to see who was duped.

You're right that its an outrageous amount, but for all of us we have a limit as to the definition of what we're willing to pay I guess. If I couldnt have got a ticket for less than £300 or so, I was happy to stay at home with no regrets - but now I'm glad with what I got and that I'm going. As it turns out, I paid less for this ticket than I did from seatwave for a ticket at the final show in 2007 when I chose to upgrade for the benefit of two friends who were coming over from the US (admittedly my seat isnt as good this time!). Hope to see you for a beer at the Pilot! smileys with beer

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-23 01:07 by Gazza.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: November 23, 2012 01:04

Excellent work Gazza.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: November 23, 2012 01:11

Gazza. I for one am glad you held out. Your method may be a blueprint for all of us if they tour. Personally I wanted Front A blocks or PIT for these shows and buckled completely over a week ago. Luckily I had a credit with getmein from a previous cock up to cushion the blow slightly, but it's been a really painful experience.

We've put all that behind us now .See you on Sunday !

sc uk

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: November 23, 2012 01:12

Well done Gazza! I'm still holding out for the block and row I really want - if it doesn't come off, I can live with it.

-
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: November 23, 2012 04:38

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-23 16:25 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: November 23, 2012 04:58

straycatuk
Gazza. I for one am glad you held out. Your method may be a blueprint for all of us if they tour. Personally I wanted Front A blocks or PIT for these shows and buckled completely over a week ago. Luckily I had a credit with getmein from a previous cock up to cushion the blow slightly, but it's been a really painful experience.

We've put all that behind us now .See you on Sunday !

sc uk

Well, I can't remember a Stones show where the prices of front A blocks (or in this case, the pit) go down much. If you want those seats, you'll have to pay for them, and you are almost always better off buying them in the presales (IF you can get them). For the O2 shows, A1 and A3 were available during the Amex presale, but they went fairly quickly. I threw a couple back and checked VIP packages before returning back to ticketmaster. By then, they were gone, and I had to buy a "Brussels Box" to get A1 tickets. But, even with the Brussels box, that was cheaper than buying from any secondary sight over the past couple of months (because of service charges and VAT). Even today, I think it would be hard to beat 406 for a decent A block or pit seat because of those service charges. You MIGHT get a better deal on Ebay in the next couple of days, but you bear the risk of a bad seller.

I can recall many times when people are practically giving away tickets, but the first 10-15 rows stay solid in price. Similarly, I've never had trouble selling those seats when I want to upgrade.

So, to get the best seats, I think that the best bet is to get lucky in the presales. Unfortunately.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-23 05:01 by drbryant.

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: November 23, 2012 11:55

I got B2 row K for £295 from double8tickets, 25% below face value. They are also a sort of scalpers but this is a good price. Why should not Gazza or anybody else get good price tickets from any possible source?

Date: November 23, 2012 12:33

TM currently has availability in blocks 110 and 107 for the 25th .....

Posted by: Sister Marie ()
Date: November 23, 2012 12:40

MartinB
I got B2 row K for £295 from double8tickets, 25% below face value. They are also a sort of scalpers but this is a good price. Why should not Gazza or anybody else get good price tickets from any possible source?
How did you do? 295 £ is the price of "economy seats" on their website :/
Their block B is 395 £
???

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2526272829303132333435...LastNext
Current Page: 30 of 46

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1524
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home