Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324...LastNext
Current Page: 19 of 46
Re: The official "TICKET DROP" thread
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 17, 2012 13:55

Yes I'd probably consider topping myself on the spot and MB might want to avoid such situations, after all they got their money and unless you look and act like the shoe terrorist on the plane to Miami they might be lenient, but I for one would not risk it.

Some people will go for anything though...for the Trabendo concert some people bought vouchers that would in theory let you buy a ticket at the Virgin Megastore...going price was anywhere between €100 and €800...and it didn't work for several people...and it worked for others like the guy I met at the bar after the show who had the setlist paper and Mick's guitar pick, he told me he'd paid €350 for a voucher (real or fake ?).

Will you be going to the Pilot's Inn for drinks before the show on the 25th?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 17, 2012 13:59

gotdablouse
Yes I'd probably consider topping myself on the spot and MB might want to avoid such situations, after all they got their money and unless you look and act like the shoe terrorist on the plane to Miami they might be lenient, but I for one would not risk it.

Some people will go for anything though...for the Trabendo concert some people bought vouchers that would in theory let you buy a ticket at the Virgin Megastore...going price was anywhere between €100 and €800...and it didn't work for several people...and it worked for others like the guy I met at the bar after the show who had the setlist paper and Mick's guitar pick, he told me he'd paid €350 for a voucher (real or fake ?).

Will you be going to the Pilot's Inn for drinks before the show on the 25th?[/[/b]quote]

Er ... undecided on that at the moment, need to consult other people etc etc

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Garbie ()
Date: November 17, 2012 14:01

You are right. I have two VIP packages and I will only receive a pass to get into the venue. Once inside, against my ID card or Passport, I will get the tickets.

Be carefull buying this in the secondary market. If they say the have the tickets, they are not telling the true.

gotdablouse
It seems our friend with the 101H is no longer taking offers? [edit - he is and has one coming his way !]

As for the VIP stuff, yes someone here who got one said the ticket would be given in the VIP area so it's anyone's guess what's going to happen in there if there's a name mismatch...MB will have every right to toss out the poor sucker who bought the "package" (non transferable clearly stated), now will they bave the heart to do it?

I'm in the pit on the 25th but must admit I'm now toying with the idea of catching the show on the 29th as I've been able to free up some time...possibly from a 101 or 112, guess I can wait until the 26th to decide on it!

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: November 17, 2012 14:03

I think I had an actual panic attack on Thursday. If they tour next year I can't go through this sh*t again .

Listening to the Leeds 82 boot has brought back memories of walking into HMV and buying 4 tickets............... for £38 ! NO HASSLE

GA 1982 £9.50
GA 2012 £950.00 or more

That's some incredible inflation !

sc uk

Date: November 17, 2012 14:37

Garbie
You are right. I have two VIP packages and I will only receive a pass to get into the venue. Once inside, against my ID card or Passport, I will get the tickets.

Be carefull buying this in the secondary market. If they say the have the tickets, they are not telling the true.

gotdablouse
It seems our friend with the 101H is no longer taking offers? [edit - he is and has one coming his way !]

As for the VIP stuff, yes someone here who got one said the ticket would be given in the VIP area so it's anyone's guess what's going to happen in there if there's a name mismatch...MB will have every right to toss out the poor sucker who bought the "package" (non transferable clearly stated), now will they bave the heart to do it?

I'm in the pit on the 25th but must admit I'm now toying with the idea of catching the show on the 29th as I've been able to free up some time...possibly from a 101 or 112, guess I can wait until the 26th to decide on it!

Moral of story therefore = BUYER BEWARE

Thanks for confirming this Garbie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-17 14:37 by paulywaul.

Date: November 17, 2012 14:50

straycatuk
I think I had an actual panic attack on Thursday. If they tour next year I can't go through this sh*t again .

Listening to the Leeds 82 boot has brought back memories of walking into HMV and buying 4 tickets............... for £38 ! NO HASSLE

GA 1982 £9.50
GA 2012 £950.00 or more

That's some incredible inflation !

sc uk

Some yearn for those days when that was how it all worked, but we're in the internet age now ... so with the exception perhaps of sneaky little club shows where you have to pay attention and be somewhere and queue up, those days are gone gone gone. Not sure whether that's a good thing or a bad thing, but it is nevertheless an inescapable truth ... that it's all different now, and for better or for worse - the internet is here to stay I guess !

But yeah, prices ? You betcha, that sure as hell is some inflation. But like I said somewhere earlier in this thread, if there was to be just ONE redeeming feature of ticket prices with a £400/$700 face value, it would be that if speculators f**k up (like it appears a lot of them will have done for these shows) and stupidly assume that they will be able to jack up prices EVEN further and people will STILL pay them, then ultimately there's a benefit to all. (A) The promoters have got rid of tickets, and (cool smiley us the public will ultimately find that there remains a curiously high availability of tickets at ever lower prices as showtime approaches; and i think that this is what we're seeing now. Especially as we're into the last week.

It's a bit nerve-wrecking for sure, but that's about the ONLY redeeming quality of a £400 ticket as far as I can see; easy enough to buy, NOT quite so easy to re-sell !!

Posted by: ladywilliam ()
Date: November 17, 2012 14:54

If anyone's still looking for a tongue pit ticket, please check my post on Trading thread and email me.

Date: November 17, 2012 14:55

So I think we can safely advise everyone to avoid any re sold VIP packages.

The other thing is that if they are reselling these, they probably didn't pay anything for them .................... Corporate BAST*RDS !

sc uk

Date: November 17, 2012 15:01

straycatuk
So I think we can safely advise everyone to avoid any re sold VIP packages.

The other thing is that if they are reselling these, they probably didn't pay anything for them .................... Corporate BAST*RDS !

sc uk

How'd ya figure that one ? I don't follow your rationale

Date: November 17, 2012 15:27

Well ok maybe I'm just bitter, but certainly one of the ebay sellers openly admitted that he / his company had been given them as a "hospitality gift " and they were "unwanted" GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

sc uk

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-17 15:32 by straycatuk.

Date: November 17, 2012 15:34

straycatuk
Well ok maybe I'm just bitter, but certainly one of the ebay sellers openly admitted that he / his company had been given them as a "hospitality gift " and they were "unwanted"

sc uk

Hmm yes, what a thing to be "unwanted" ... jeez !!

Anyway, just for your info, prices for pit tickets for the 25th on SEATWAVE are finally beginning to move downwards, there's currently 79 available and the cheapest has come down to £700 .... don't lets forget of course the £126 SEATWAVE fee on top of that !!

But if that's any indication, with that kind of volume of tickets still available (there's also 63 showing for the 29th) ... I'd think they'll be down to face value or perhaps not more than a few £s above face by the end of this forthcoming week. So if you've got the nerve, hold out for a little while longer.

Posted by: lmatth8461 ()
Date: November 17, 2012 16:02

flairville
B3, row G pair just went for £560! Face value of £406.00 each! That seller's having a shit Friday night.

Aww, poor lamb!
smiling smileycool smileysmiling smileycool smileysmiling smileycool smileygrinning smiley

Posted by: lmatth8461 ()
Date: November 17, 2012 16:04

TomGreen
2007critic is considering your offer 17-Nov-12 00:08:50 GMT
Your offer price: £1.00

Which one is that?
I fancy lowering the ante by offering 89p!

Date: November 17, 2012 16:16

lmatth8461
TomGreen
2007critic is considering your offer 17-Nov-12 00:08:50 GMT
Your offer price: £1.00

Which one is that?
I fancy lowering the ante by offering 89p!

thumbs up winking smiley

Date: November 17, 2012 16:17

lmatth8461
flairville
B3, row G pair just went for £560! Face value of £406.00 each! That seller's having a shit Friday night.

Aww, poor lamb!
smiling smileycool smileysmiling smileycool smileysmiling smileycool smileygrinning smiley

thumbs up cool smiley

Date: November 17, 2012 17:43

TM at 15.40 GMT :
Section : BK 101
Row : X
Seats : 25

@Paul - saw your comment for the Pilot Inn, let's see if bv suggests an "official" meeting point. Which block will you be in after all?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: November 17, 2012 17:57

gotdablouse
TM at 15.40 GMT :
Section : BK 101
Row : X
Seats : 25

@Paul - saw your comment for the Pilot Inn, let's see if bv suggests an "official" meeting point. Which block will you be in after all?

101 on 25th, 112 on 29th, yeah it would be great to meet

Date: November 17, 2012 18:05

Wow, all angles covered, eh, cool! The more I think of it, the more I think I need to come back on the 29th, hehe...hopefully I can arrange to buy a ticket for the 29th on Sunday or Monday, a low 112 would have my preference after the mosh pit action on the 25th...

--------------

Date: November 17, 2012 18:11

gotdablouse
Wow, all angles covered, eh, cool! The more I think of it, the more I think I need to come back on the 29th, hehe...hopefully I can arrange to buy a ticket for the 29th on Sunday or Monday, a low 112 would have my preference after the mosh pit action on the 25th...

Yes, although I WAS after a pit ticket for the 25th because two of my friends are in there, I had to abandon it because otherwise there was a danger I'd get stuck with the two I had in block 113. I could not keep the buyer for those waiting any longer .... it wouldn't have been fair either to them, or to me for that matter.

I really think you should see them TWICE, I mean come on now, be sensible - once simply is NOT enough ! winking smiley So er, see you in block 112 on the 29th winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-17 18:11 by paulywaul.

Posted by: rrronnie ()
Date: November 17, 2012 21:18

Wow, congrats to you having scored top tickets for both shows.I'm still hoping for the 29th. The idea of a meeting point is good. Any suggestions?

Posted by: thunderball ()
Date: November 17, 2012 22:10

A pair of tickets in Block 403 have just sold on eBay for £450. The face value was £816.

cool smiley

Date: November 17, 2012 22:33

thunderball
A pair of tickets in Block 403 have just sold on eBay for £450. The face value was £816.

cool smiley

Not surprised really, are you ? I mean Christ Almighty, a FOUR HUNDRED POUND ticket up in the bloody rafters of the building ? to be honest, I am staggered that so many were actually sold in the first place, and the crazy idea that they could then be sold on for even MORE; I just cannot get into the minds of people that would think like that. Well anyway, lots of those people are in the s**t now, and I for one have not the slightest sympathy. I hope they get fried, and it's looking like indeed they will.

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: November 18, 2012 00:50

Just offered (17.11.2012 22:50 GM) for 29th London show on TM:

Section
BK 102
Row
J
Seats
Description
INCL. VENUE FACILITY FEE £1
ENTRANCE B
Price Level 1
LEVEL 1
Type
Full Price Ticket
Ticket Price
£406.00 x 1
Price Details

Date: November 18, 2012 01:13

Not too shabby...102 doesn't start at H though right? Actually looking at 101 and 112 I'm not sure they start at H everywhere but possibly only on the sides as the map shows some "cut-outs".

--------------

Date: November 18, 2012 01:23

now -

BK 102
Row
H
Seats
Description
ENTRANCE B
Price Level 1
LEVEL 1

Date: November 18, 2012 01:30

Rolling Stones
The O2, London
Thu 29 Nov 2012, 18:30
Section
BK 102
Row
Q
Seats
Description
ENTRANCE B
Price Level 1
LEVEL 1
Type
Full Price Ticket
Ticket Price
£406.00 x 1
Price Details
SUBTOTAL*
£406.00

Date: November 18, 2012 01:31

Rolling Stones
The O2, London
Section
BK 102
Row
P
Seats
Description
ENTRANCE B
Price Level 1
LEVEL 1
Type
Full Price Ticket
Ticket Price
£406.00 x 1
Price Details
SUBTOTAL*
£406.00

Date: November 18, 2012 01:37

Still available -

Section
BK 102
Row
J
Seats

Date: November 18, 2012 01:38

The O2, London
Section
BK 102
Row
Y
Seats
52 - 53
Description
ENTRANCE B
Price Level 1
LEVEL 1
Type
Full Price Ticket
Ticket Price
£406.00 x 2
Price Details

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: November 18, 2012 01:45

Talk about the waiting game...

Interesting to read everyone's comments about the state of affairs with tickets.

I am hoping to get to at least the Sunday show, and, even though it's turning my hair grey, I'm holding out for some decent seats, I haven't buckled under the pressure yet!

Surely the meet-up will be at the pilot inn? It makes sense after the 2007 shows, and it's a nice break from the perfectly functional, but Disneyworld-esque vibe of the bars and restaurants inside the O2.

Touch wood, can't wait to see friends, old faces, at these shows!!

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324...LastNext
Current Page: 19 of 46

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2326
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home