Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223...LastNext
Current Page: 18 of 46
Re: The official "TICKET DROP" thread
Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: November 16, 2012 18:28

Careful with that one . They where on last week starting bid £1600 then removed as if sold . We had offered to drive over there and hand over cash if tickets checked out.NOTE - He has zero feedback.

sc uk

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-16 18:30 by straycatuk.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 16, 2012 20:53

And he cut-off email contact since ?

Was looking at Seatwave and this is what they do for their 15% (+VAT) cut :

What is this for?
Our service charge allows us:
To deliver a safe and transparent marketplace
To provide a team of passionate people making sure you receive dedicated customer service
To cover all our fans with our unique protection guarantees
Wow, how nice of them to do all that hard work they should also clarify that they shave off 10% of the seller's price too, so 25% for doing jack, not bad.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 16, 2012 21:03

gotdablouse
And he cut-off email contact since ?

Was looking at Seatwave and this is what they do for their 15% (+VAT) cut :

What is this for?
Our service charge allows us:
To deliver a safe and transparent marketplace
To provide a team of passionate people making sure you receive dedicated customer service
To cover all our fans with our unique protection guarantees
Wow, how nice of them to do all that hard work they should also clarify that they shave off 10% of the seller's price too, so 25% for doing jack, not bad.

Not only that, but this too ................. THEY NEVER LIST THE FULL DETAILS OF WHAT IS BEING SOLD.

Have you noticed (you'd be both an idiot and blind if you hadn't) that when you buy a ticket at face value off a primary agency like TM or SEE, you know exactly what you're getting for your money; i.e. block/row/seat ?

Have you subsequently noticed (you'd be both the same idiot and equally blind if you hadn't) that you never ever see seat numbers quoted, and quite often not even row number ?

WHAT THE F**K !!!!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: November 16, 2012 21:10

straycatuk
Careful with that one . They where on last week starting bid £1600 then removed as if sold . We had offered to drive over there and hand over cash if tickets checked out.NOTE - He has zero feedback.

sc uk

Dave, have some fun with him/her, put in 50 bids starting at 1p and ending at 50p. Waste his/her time, as he/she is wasting yours .... winking smiley

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: November 16, 2012 21:13

paulywaul
TM drop right now for 29th November in block 101 rows W and Y - 15:30 UK time Friday 16th

Yep, also X and Z. If it was A or B I'd have it 'cos block 101 looks like next to stage
Tried for an hour, maybe tomorrow?

Date: November 16, 2012 21:19

exhpart
paulywaul
TM drop right now for 29th November in block 101 rows W and Y - 15:30 UK time Friday 16th

Yep, also X and Z. If it was A or B I'd have it 'cos block 101 looks like next to stage

Just for your interest, the first ROW of block 101 is H. that is because the ramp and the wheelchair seating area is a permanent installation at the O2, and occupies the area that would normally be occupied by rows A to G - of block 101 that is. Bear that in mind. so if you see stuff in 101 rows K/L/M and so on, it's not as bad as it seems, you're not 16/17/18 rows up, you're actually only 4/5/6 rows up !!

Take my word for it, I was in block 101 row H (first row) for the middle O2 show in 2007. Awesome view, and it will be even better this time - because of the tongue "protrusion" .... !!

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: November 16, 2012 21:21

paulywaul
exhpart
paulywaul

Just for your interest, the first ROW of block 101 is H. that is because the ramp and the wheelchair seating area is a permanent installation at the O2, and occupies the area that would normally be occupied by rows A to G - of block 101 that is. Bear that in mind. so if you see stuff in 101 rows K/L/M and so on, it's not as bad as it seems, you're not 16/17/18 rows up, you're actually only 4/5/6 rows up !!

Take my word for it, I was in block 101 row H (first row) for the middle O2 show in 2007. Awesome view, and it will be even better this time - because of the tongue "protrusion" .... !!

Thank you so much would never have known that

Date: November 16, 2012 21:34

That's a good tip indeed, how hard would it be for the O2 or TM to spell that out on their maps !

straycatuk
Did it again apparently, probably trying to do some off-ebay deal, with his zero feedback he has nothing to lose I guess...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: November 17, 2012 00:16

B3, row G pair just went for £560! Face value of £406.00 each! That seller's having a shit Friday night.

Date: November 17, 2012 00:29

Indeed, was that on eBay ?

--------------

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: November 17, 2012 00:32

Yes eBay. Fill your boots all who are still undecided.

Posted by: TomGreen ()
Date: November 17, 2012 01:19

Anyone get pit tickets from the Facebook presale - or ever got offered them at face value on a normal website? Wonder where all these have come from, guessing all ended up with touts.

Date: November 17, 2012 01:27

flairville
B3, row G pair just went for £560! Face value of £406.00 each! That seller's having a shit Friday night.

thumbs up cool smiley

Date: November 17, 2012 01:28

TomGreen
Anyone get pit tickets from the Facebook presale - or ever got offered them at face value on a normal website? Wonder where all these have come from, guessing all ended up with touts.

I know someone who did ... the FB presale

Date: November 17, 2012 01:30

TomGreen

Not all ... but a vast proportion yes

Date: November 17, 2012 01:30

flairville
Yes eBay. Fill your boots all who are still undecided.

thumbs up cool smiley

Date: November 17, 2012 02:05

exhpart
paulywaul
exhpart
paulywaul

Thank you so much would never have known that

Here you go, your block 101 row H (front row) tickets for the 29th - a right bargain at .... wait for it .... £4,500 !!

[www.ebay.co.uk]

Well it does say "make an offer, so why don't you ? I'd suggest £500, and f**k the £4,000 .... see what that does to him/her on a Saturday morning !! winking smiley

Posted by: TomGreen ()
Date: November 17, 2012 02:09

2007critic is considering your offer 17-Nov-12 00:08:50 GMT
Your offer price: £1.00

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: November 17, 2012 12:13

O2 1st night - Section 111 (lower tier) £429. Not bad.

Date: November 17, 2012 12:17

More pit tickets on ebay, the Mark Butler package thing ..........

[www.ebay.co.uk]

Although I can't really imagine too many people still looking would be tempted by this, if they are - be warned. I was having a conversation with someone at Mark Butler basically trying to gauge whether I could get a pit ticket at face value off them without having to fork out for all the food and champagne etc, and we touched on the subject of their packages ending up on ebay and the like. The person I spoke to basically said that they were aware of some of their packages being offered for sale on ebay and other re-selling sites, and that they were "onto it" and would take steps to ensure that those packages were effectively "non-transferable".

They didn't expand on precisely how they would achieve that, but they were intending to act and ensure that whoever bought the package in the first place was the party that used it, in other words they were going to make it as difficult as possible for a transfer to be put into effect.

So if you're tempted, and are looking for a "hassle free" experience, I'd suggest you avoid recycled Mark Butler packages, because hassle is what you might just get a load of .........

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-17 12:23 by paulywaul.

Date: November 17, 2012 12:21

Silver Dagger
O2 1st night - Section 111 (lower tier) £429. Not bad.

Yep, it's getting better all the time. No surprises really SD, because TM is just following its customary habit of filling up the venue from the top and the back, working downwards and forwards. I've got little gripe with TM in that respect. Their remit is to sell tickets and fill the venue .... simple. Once you understand how they function, it ain't that difficult to figure out that "early ain't always good" and "late" can definitely (on occasions and if you pay attention and get your timing right) ..... be "great great great" !! winking smiley

Date: November 17, 2012 12:30

Saturday 17th 10:30 UK time

29th November - Block 101 row X available on TM

Date: November 17, 2012 12:45

paulywaul

[www.ebay.co.uk]

Although I can't really imagine too many people still looking would be tempted by this, if they are - be warned. I was having a conversation with someone at Mark Butler basically trying to gauge whether I could get a pit ticket at face value off them without having to fork out for all the food and champagne etc, and we touched on the subject of their packages ending up on ebay and the like. The person I spoke to basically said that they were aware of some of their packages being offered for sale on ebay and other re-selling sites, and that they were "onto it" and would take steps to ensure that those packages were effectively "non-transferable".

They didn't expand on precisely how they would achieve that, but they were intending to act and ensure that whoever bought the package in the first place was the party that used it, in other words they were going to make it as difficult as possible for a transfer to be put into effect.

So if you're tempted, and are looking for a "hassle free" experience, I'd suggest you avoid recycled Mark Butler packages, because hassle is what you might just get a load of .........

Yes I agree Pauly.
I've attempted to get info.from 2 or 3 different ebay sellers about these packages.

One said he would need my details to change names on packages, but wouldn't answer my direct question "have you got the actual standing tickets in hand?"

Another said he had the "VIP tickets in hand" despite been ask the same direct question .

and one of them insisted that the packages where a complete sell out even though I'd provided the phone number to buy pit and A blocks - he was asking £3.5 K for a pair !

BUYER BEWARE !

sc uk

Date: November 17, 2012 12:54

straycatuk
paulywaul

[www.ebay.co.uk]

Yes I agree Pauly.
I've attempted to get info.from 2 or 3 different ebay sellers about these packages.

One said he would need my details to change names on packages, but wouldn't answer my direct question "have you got the actual standing tickets in hand?"

Another said he had the "VIP tickets in hand" despite been ask the same direct question .

and one of them insisted that the packages where a complete sell out even though I'd provided the phone number to buy pit and A blocks - he was asking £3.5 K for a pair !

BUYER BEWARE !

sc uk

Any ebay seller who is flogging these packages and who is claiming to have these tickets in hand at the moment is basically being less than truthful I would think, because if I'm not mistaken, they get issued on arrival at the venue.

So yes indeed .... BUYER BEWARE !!

What a crying shame that buying a ticket for a rock n' roll gig has come to having to put up with this shit ! The "age of the internet" eh ..... !! Really !!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-17 12:54 by paulywaul.

Date: November 17, 2012 12:57

So, Paul, have you got yourself sorted with a pit ticket/sold your existing tickets yet or are you playing the waiting game as well?

Date: November 17, 2012 13:11

Manofwealthandtaste
So, Paul, have you got yourself sorted with a pit ticket/sold your existing tickets yet or are you playing the waiting game as well?

Given up on a pit ticket, have sold my existing yes, and am happily sorted elsewhere in the lower tiers. I always did have a cut-off point, simply because I already had others to sell. Had I not, I'd be still playing the waiting game for sure.

But I do wish those of y'all that are still looking the best of British, and to be honest, I cannot imagine that everyone that's still looking won't get what they want in the end ... there's simply too much availability remaining with just a week to go. Come the middle to end of next week, I reckon you guys n' gals will be spoilt for choice ... at face value or pretty bloody close to it, if not even below it

Keep on rollin' cool smiley

I tell ya one thang Manofwealthandtaste my friend, if there's going to be more Stones gigs after these five, I am never ever going to allow myself to fall victim to all this over-hyped "sold out in 10 minutes" nonsense, the likes of which we saw here. WHAT a load of bo****ks ...

Date: November 17, 2012 13:22

It seems our friend with the 101H is no longer taking offers? [edit - he is and has one coming his way !]

As for the VIP stuff, yes someone here who got one said the ticket would be given in the VIP area so it's anyone's guess what's going to happen in there if there's a name mismatch...MB will have every right to toss out the poor sucker who bought the "package" (non transferable clearly stated), now will they bave the heart to do it?

I'm in the pit on the 25th but must admit I'm now toying with the idea of catching the show on the 29th as I've been able to free up some time...possibly from a 101 or 112, guess I can wait until the 26th to decide on it!

--------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-17 13:29 by gotdablouse.

Date: November 17, 2012 13:29

gotdablouse
It seems our friend with the 101H is no longer taking offers?

As for the VIP stuff, yes someone here who got one said the ticket would be given in the VIP area so it's anyone's guess what's going to happen in there if there's a name mismatch...MB will have every right to toss out the poor sucker who bought the "package" (non transferable clearly stated), now will they bave the heart to do it?

I'm in the pit on the 25th but must admit I'm now toying with the idea of catching the show on the 29th...possibly from a 101 or 112, guess I can wait until the 26th to decide on it!

Well now for £900 or £1K, that would be a risk that I personally would absolutely not be prepared to take, so if there's anyone out there that would ... they're a lot braver than I !!

Jeez, imagine how you'd feel if MB really did put their foot down hard and simply say "you broke our rules, you're being denied entry" ? F**k me, unimaginable, I think you'd feel like killing yourself right there and then !!

Date: November 17, 2012 13:51

Suicide right in the stage so to speak ?smoking smiley

Date: November 17, 2012 13:52

straycatuk
Suicide right in the stage so to speak ?smoking smiley

thumbs up winking smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223...LastNext
Current Page: 18 of 46

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Previous page Next page First page IORR home