Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 43
Re: Rolling stones secret gig In Paris
Posted by: schillid ()
Date: October 25, 2012 14:58

Congratulations to everyone who is lucky to attend the show

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: October 25, 2012 15:02

Well Gazza that means 220 fans (about) and 120 guests (or Virgin employees...too). Unique since El Mocambo ? (for a public show - I do not mention 1985 one)

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: mrsoandso ()
Date: October 25, 2012 15:14

Congrats to BV and all who got in. This one will be special.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 25, 2012 15:18

Sorry, I must have misread jpasc95's post - I assumed he meant that 350 tickets had gone on sale.

I think the 100 Club show in 1982 had about 350 people as well, didnt it?

The story I'd heard originally was that this would be a completely private show (a la 100 Club 1986), then it seemed to be changed to predominantly for invited guests but that there might be a small number of fans allowed in.

I'm astounded that people would queue for a show like this, with a €15 ticket price and when given the chance to buy two tickets, would instead choose to buy only one. Have these people no friends? confused smiley Still, the positive about that is that there are people who got lucky who would not have otherwise got in at all.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-25 15:22 by Gazza.

Posted by: chelskeith ()
Date: October 25, 2012 15:21

Vik- that's writing at its best. You can feel your heart beating, your mind racing, and i felt your passion more than anything I've ever read from you.

When you apologized to your wife and family by blood, it really hits home for many of us who are within the same Stones family as you. Many times I've gone through the same type of drill for this band, and while my wife, friends or strangers would think I'm crazy, for some unknown reason the Rolling Stones have caused this effect on our lives.

This board allows me some peace if mind as I will live vicariously through you and others this evening, and for that I can't thank you enough.

Looking forward to your report of every last detail from the front row, especially on how they sound.

Thank you !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-17 19:53 by chelskeith.

Posted by: chelskeith ()
Date: October 25, 2012 15:25

Oh yeah, and to those who have doubted Keith Richards can still play the guitar, your time to bitch, piss and moan is over.

Posted by: capsula ()
Date: October 25, 2012 15:25

Great for all of you who have tickets! Please, enjoy this unique oportunity and report as soon as possible.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: October 25, 2012 15:28

bv - what a great story, with a happy ending even! I was humbled at your dedication and perserverence.

Hope you enjoy the show and that you find a worthy companion.

CindyC

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: Bob C. ()
Date: October 25, 2012 15:30

Have fun! What an experience.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: October 25, 2012 15:31

Tickets went on sale today for $20.

[uk.reuters.com]

Posted by: spain73 ()
Date: October 25, 2012 15:31

For those about to rock, congratulations...

And I'm lookin' forward your fresh, complete and fast repports about the show.

Date: October 25, 2012 15:35

Stones have tweeted that no camera photo and ... were allowed. of course spinning smiley sticking its tongue out. But I hope more than reports.

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: October 25, 2012 15:36

Let us know all about the Paris gig, friends.

I will fly to London in november!

See you all there!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 25, 2012 15:36

chelskeith
Oh yeah, and to those who have doubted Keith Richards can still play the guitar, your time to bitch, piss and moan is over.

The first concert review of the 50th Anniversary tour! Seven hours before the opening gig takes place. Excellent. thumbs up

Posted by: folon ()
Date: October 25, 2012 15:42

not mine, unfortunately...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-25 15:43 by folon.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: October 25, 2012 15:44

congratulations for everyone who got tickets. have a great night and enjoy the band
One Love
jeroen

Posted by: Georges ()
Date: October 25, 2012 15:45

Waiting on Champs Elysées this morning just before sunrise. Four hours before getting my tickets.

Date: October 25, 2012 15:47

nominative tix but only for ONE person. You can sell the other tix 10.000 euros to someone who come along...

Posted by: ladywilliam ()
Date: October 25, 2012 15:51

Congratulations for everyone who got tickets!!
Have a smashing night!!!

Posted by: Green Lady ()

Congratulations to those whose dedication was rewarded. Have a great time - and tell us all about it!

Posted by: Sister Marie ()

toomuchforme
I come back from Virgin to try again.
People who had numbers and papers with numbers did not have their tix. They said they had no more tickets after n° 120 ! Edith Grove who had number 148 has no tix !
Watch BFM tv and Itélé for interviews about fans complaining.
In fact Virgin buzz is maybe good for them but people are in anger.
Again true fans are spoiled and will be just a few inside sad smiley
Yes moi aussi. Distusting! Arrived at 8h00, a good number, and the selling stopped just before me!!! False numbers + VIP I think. Really disgusting.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: October 25, 2012 15:53

"A Short Warm Up Set"

How short for 15 Euro ?

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: October 25, 2012 15:53

Happy for all - especially BV - looking forward to the reviews.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: October 25, 2012 15:54

Looking forward to the reports. Great post by BV - I could almost feel the nervousness as he made the decision to commit to one place to queue.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 25, 2012 15:55

My extra ticket went to Marc Lafferayrie a.k.a. marclaff. I phoned home when I was still in the queue, asked if there were any response on my post (I did not do the posts, they were done on behalf of me via phone) and Marc asked nicely and also I know him as a Stones fan who deserve to be in the club gig so it pays off to be on IORR. Sorry to all who asked - I wish I had more, but there was only one extra.

PS. Face value 15 Euro of course. I got offers for large money but this was a matter of simply finding one person among many who all deseve to be at the club. Not so easy.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-25 16:01 by bv.

Posted by: Memorymotel62 ()
Date: October 25, 2012 16:00

So Happy for all of you who'll attend this gig tonite, have great one. Magic I believe...

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: October 25, 2012 16:02

MightyStonesStillRollin50, or whatever his name was, was off by only 6 days. Quite some time ago he predicted a club gig on Halloween night.

Posted by: Sister Marie ()
Date: October 25, 2012 16:03

Sorry, in French:
Je suis arrivée peu après 8 heures, pensant que c'était trop tard, RTL ayant prévenu vers 7h30 qu'il y avait déjà la queue devant le Virgin. Puis miracle, j'arrive et il n'y avait qu'une bonne centaine de personnes, donc j'ai pu avoir un bon numéro. Les choses s'organisent bien tout d'abord, grâce à cette numérotation nous étions ASSURES d'avoir une place, on nous l'a répété.
Puis un 2e appel par numéro et on nous remet ces petits papiers tout simples avec des numéros, appelés contre-marques. C'est paradoxalement ce qui causera le ratage qui a suivi. Les scalpels ont eut le temps de voir ces contre-marques, les fabriquer et même les revendre 100 € ! Il ne restait plus aux resquilleurs que de s'infiltrer dans la queue.
C'est comme ça que j'ai attendu 5 heures, sûre d'avoir ma place, comme beaucoup d'autres, et qu'enfin arrivés devant le bureau de vente on nous dit qu'il n'y a plus de place... Personnel de Virgin : "on ne comprend pas" "le nombre de places a réduit plus vite au fur et à mesure des ventes" (comprendre : plein d'invités ont dû faire pression). Et ils ont repéré des contre-marques falsifiées, mais c'était trop tard, d'autres avaient dû en profiter avant.
Je ne verrai pas les Stones cette année, et je suis bien dégoûtée.

Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: October 25, 2012 16:17

Ouch...

However, i dont understand how 100 people queuing for hours can nicely let scalpers come in without saying anything.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-25 16:18 by beepee2.

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: October 25, 2012 16:21

yeah that's the kind of situation that can turn into fight !
If I had gone this morning, I would've had the same problem as Sister Marie cos I don't have the scalpers' mentality

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 43

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2102
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home