Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 43
Re: Rolling stones secret gig In Paris
Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: October 25, 2012 18:38

Bring on the reports!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 25, 2012 18:56

So sad to read that, sister marie, some people have no shame !

Finally got to the Trabendo, not too many people yet, gates won't open until 8 apparently...

Posted by: keith56 ()
Date: October 25, 2012 18:58

bv
At least nobody can complian about ticket prices. Fifteen Euro is affordable. And there were a few who asked for one ticket only. I was number 15 in the queue and I was given ticket vouchers number 23 and 24 by the Virgin people, which means a few in front of me in line took one only.

Now it is time for one hour sleep, and in four hours or so they will be on stage. The basic band we all came to love. Just the 6 of them. Just like in 1962. Except Ian is now Chuck and Bill is Darryl.

Hum ! And Brian is Ron ? Have a good time tonight.

Date: October 25, 2012 19:04

View from the front of the queue...there might be some sprinting going on !

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: October 25, 2012 19:07

gotdablouse
View from the front of the queue...there might be some sprinting going on !

Awesome... GREAT for you for nailing itsmileys with beer

Date: October 25, 2012 19:14

I hope you're not contemplating taking that camera in with you.......!!

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: October 25, 2012 19:18

Sister Marie
Sorry, in French:
Je suis arrivée peu après 8 heures, pensant que c'était trop tard, RTL ayant prévenu vers 7h30 qu'il y avait déjà la queue devant le Virgin. Puis miracle, j'arrive et il n'y avait qu'une bonne centaine de personnes, donc j'ai pu avoir un bon numéro. Les choses s'organisent bien tout d'abord, grâce à cette numérotation nous étions ASSURES d'avoir une place, on nous l'a répété.
Puis un 2e appel par numéro et on nous remet ces petits papiers tout simples avec des numéros, appelés contre-marques. C'est paradoxalement ce qui causera le ratage qui a suivi. Les scalpels ont eut le temps de voir ces contre-marques, les fabriquer et même les revendre 100 € ! Il ne restait plus aux resquilleurs que de s'infiltrer dans la queue.
C'est comme ça que j'ai attendu 5 heures, sûre d'avoir ma place, comme beaucoup d'autres, et qu'enfin arrivés devant le bureau de vente on nous dit qu'il n'y a plus de place... Personnel de Virgin : "on ne comprend pas" "le nombre de places a réduit plus vite au fur et à mesure des ventes" (comprendre : plein d'invités ont dû faire pression). Et ils ont repéré des contre-marques falsifiées, mais c'était trop tard, d'autres avaient dû en profiter avant.
Je ne verrai pas les Stones cette année, et je suis bien dégoûtée.

In English, so that if there is an English show everybody will be well warned to watch out for these bastards:

"I arrived soon after 8 thinking I was too late because RTL had said at 7.30 that there was already a queue in front of Virgin. A miracle - I arrived and there were only about 100 people, so I got a good number. Things were well organised at first, because of the numbering we were SURE to get a seat - we were told this many times. Then we were called up a second time in number order and given a simple little piece of paper with a number on it called a (counterfoil?). Funnily enough it was this that caused the disaster that followed. The scalpers had time to see these counterfoils, to fake them and even to sell them for 100 Euros! All the queue-jumpers had to do after that was to sneak into the queue.

That's how I waited 5 hours, sure of my place, and like many others when I finally arrived at the ticket office I was told that there was nothing left. Virgin staff couldn't understand it."

Apparently the Virgin staff seem to have realised later that there were forged number-slips, but by then it was too late.

That's dreadful, Sister Marie. I'm disgusted too.

Date: October 25, 2012 19:20

Well it's my phone, iPhone 4S (makes nice pics, eh !) no phones allowed in, not sure what I'll be doing with it, hope I can check it in!

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: October 25, 2012 19:24

gotdablouse
Well it's my phone, iPhone 4S (makes nice pics, eh !) no phones allowed in, not sure what I'll be doing with it, hope I can check it in!

please ignore comments like that, I have no fkg idea why they post shit like that... please take your phone in... just wrap it in tissue and slide it down the front of your pants or something.... and inside if they are watching dont pull it out until towards the end...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-25 19:25 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: BBrew ()
Date: October 25, 2012 19:25

Great news, congratulations to all who got the tickets, have a great night!!!

Posted by: superrevvy ()
Date: October 25, 2012 19:34

bv, here's somebody who says she needs a ticket. quite easy on the eye as well...

L'Wren Scott @lwrenscott

“@AShulman2: “@RollingStones: Tonight sees the first @RollingStones gig since 2007.” wish I were there @lwrenscott Me Too!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-25 19:35 by superrevvy.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: October 25, 2012 19:37

maybe sister marie can have one, bv? smiling smiley
have fun everybody smiling smiley

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: October 25, 2012 19:38

Wow - just think. Some really lucky people have got less than 4 hours till shgowtime...till they see The Rolling Stones. Cannot wait to hewar what will be in the setlist tonight. Sure we're gonna hear I Wanna Be Your Man.

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: October 25, 2012 19:42

I've just heard on radio RTL that the tonight show will last about 45 minutes instead of 30 minutes at 13pm.
With a little bit of luck, in a few minutes, it could last more than one hour !

It has also been said that one or two other public shows could be given in Paris, maybe at the Trianon !
Hope it's real !

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: October 25, 2012 19:45

Sister Marie's story makes me wanna hurl. Those bastards should be hung from the highest tree.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: dandelion1967 ()
Date: October 25, 2012 19:52

StonesTod
bv
At least nobody can complian about ticket prices. Fifteen Euro is affordable. And there were a few who asked for one ticket only. I was number 15 in the queue and I was given ticket vouchers number 23 and 24 by the Virgin people, which means a few in front of me in line took one only.

Now it is time for one hour sleep, and in four hours or so they will be on stage. The basic band we all came to love. Just the 6 of them. Just like in 1962. Except Ian is now Chuck and Bill is Darryl.

and mick is keith

And Ronnie is Brian!

--------------------------------------------

"I'm gonna walk... before they make me run"

--------------------------------------------

Posted by: Sister Marie ()
Date: October 25, 2012 19:57

Thanks for all your kind words.
You know, I am not the only one: people were very angry when this happened at the ticket office. And I imagine all the people who were still outside, waiting patiently. I also saw the face of a few scalpels, those who were "unmasked" with their false counterfoil (?).
Watching BFM TV a few minutes ago, I understand a third reason of this failure: one guy very happy, at the office desk, just got his tickets, said he had a number about 150 or 160!!! So he was not at the right place in the queue. Like many others I think. The queue was well organized for the 100 first people, but not after. And like I already wrote, a lot of people could go at the second queue first floor/ticket office without waiting outside... (the store is big and public, we couldn't know or see).

BTW, good concert to all of lucky you, we are waiting for your reviews tonight!

@Honestman, merci à toi aussi : si si, cela me remonte un peu le moral smiling smiley

EDIT: on BFM TV now, they said the concert could start at 23h00! (doors open at 20h00)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-25 20:13 by Sister Marie.

Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: October 25, 2012 20:02

jpasc95
I've just heard on radio RTL that the tonight show will last about 45 minutes instead of 30 minutes at 13pm.
With a little bit of luck, in a few minutes, it could last more than one hour !

It has also been said that one or two other public shows could be given in Paris, maybe at the Trianon !
Hope it's real !

13pm huh? Wow so the Stones are so amazing they can play at a brand-new, never before expierenced time?!

Posted by: glshanghai ()
Date: October 25, 2012 20:07

dandelion1967
StonesTod
bv

and mick is keith

And Ronnie is Brian!

1962 Charlie was still not in the band either

Posted by: WorriedAboutYou ()
Date: October 25, 2012 20:09

Nice work all of you who grabbed tickets. Very cool. I've been to club shows by arena/stadium level bands before (not the Stones, sadly) and know that you're just going to be totally blown away by the experience. Have an awesome gig, guys.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: October 25, 2012 20:20

@Gotdablouse

The cell phone off before the show and hidden in your pant, not very smart, but the best way to succeed and go in winking smiley

HMN

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: October 25, 2012 20:26

gotdablouse

Down by yer balls mate.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: October 25, 2012 20:27

The band is not staying at George's V. I missed them arriving at the Trabendo. 30 minutes ago there was no sign of tickets available for sale in last minute,
What a drag it is getting out ...
Now I need a drink.

Tv's are ready. Pics one hour ago. A small crowd.

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: phd ()
Date: October 25, 2012 20:31

Highwire75
Je suis arrivé à 8h avec le numéro 136 et la contre-marque.... et je me retrouve sans tickets. Merci aux resquilleurs qui n'ont pas joué le jeux (normal).

Je pleure...

Well you've surely met my little brother. He got the ticket number 148. If my maths are correct : 148 x 2 = 296. He got the stamp and the counter-mark availability for 2 tix ( one for me). He arrived at 08:10 or so. He waited in front of VirginMegastore till roughly 1:00 pm to be told by the Manager: no more tickets. Which means that after being 50 years on the road, The Stones have still a lot to learn about organisation. Congrats to those who got tix by not obvious means

Posted by: Bob C. ()
Date: October 25, 2012 20:32

You could leave the phone on vibrate. Might make the wait more fun.

Posted by: damnation ()
Date: October 25, 2012 20:39

Sister Marie
Thanks for all your kind words.
You know, I am not the only one: people were very angry when this happened at the ticket office. And I imagine all the people who were still outside, waiting patiently. I also saw the face of a few scalpels, those who were "unmasked" with their false counterfoil (?).
Watching BFM TV a few minutes ago, I understand a third reason of this failure: one guy very happy, at the office desk, just got his tickets, said he had a number about 150 or 160!!! So he was not at the right place in the queue. Like many others I think. The queue was well organized for the 100 first people, but not after. And like I already wrote, a lot of people could go at the second queue first floor/ticket office without waiting outside... (the store is big and public, we couldn't know or see).

BTW, good concert to all of lucky you, we are waiting for your reviews tonight!

@Honestman, merci à toi aussi : si si, cela me remonte un peu le moral smiling smiley

EDIT: on BFM TV now, they said the concert could start at 23h00! (doors open at 20h00)

Salut Sister Marie, it's really disgusting, just wanted to say you'll have other opportunities next week, don't worry. Bring your baseball bat this time and watch out for scalpers.... courage !

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: October 25, 2012 20:40

Sister Marie's story is truly a horrible one. I suspect that most lifelong Stones fans have had a similar feeling. I can still feel the pain in my stomach after flying to Atlantic City to find that the show was cancelled. They really should wristband people, although there's no guarantee there either. Where there is money to be made, there will be people trying to cheat the system.

Well, you live in the greatest city in the world. Meeting the band (minus Mick) in the lobby of the George V in 2006 remains one of my greatest memories.

Posted by: 3DTeafoe ()
Date: October 25, 2012 20:43

toomuchforme
The band is not staying at George's V. I missed them arriving at the Trabendo. 30 minutes ago there was no sign of tickets available for sale in last minute,
What a drag it is getting out ...
Now I need a drink.

Tv's are ready. Pics one hour ago. A small crowd.

Is that BV in the second pic?

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: October 25, 2012 20:49

Might be. I thought his hair had a bit more blonde.

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: October 25, 2012 20:53

French organization is always a mess ...

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 43

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2426
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home