Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 43
Re: Rolling stones secret gig In Paris
Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: October 25, 2012 17:26

wonderful present to someone who truly deserves it. the best thing about bv's score is we will get a REAL report on the show from someone who both cares and knows what they are talking about. would love to hear some of the other stories from the 13 people that were there before bv.

this is really starting to get exciting. the stones really know how to do crazy.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 25, 2012 17:28

toomuchforme
nominative tix but only for ONE person. You can sell the other tix 10.000 euros to someone who come along...

eye rolling smiley

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: October 25, 2012 17:30

It's nice to see and hear and read that the enthusiasm is all over here.
I'm looking forward to the reviews and hope people of iorr inside will pay attention to how they are playing and don't go on automatic just because they are happy to get inside.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: October 25, 2012 17:36

Dreamer
I'm looking forward to the reviews and hope people of iorr inside will pay attention to how they are playing and don't go on automatic just because they are happy to get inside.

you trying to spoil their fun or something??

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: October 25, 2012 17:41

We are near the hour. A bit of stress not being IN. And a factory girl started me up but said at last "no invitation" (real). what a day thumbs down
anyway I try the Four Season to see the band getting out. Maybe Trabendo too.
maybe some pics to follow

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: October 25, 2012 17:41

During last tour IORR-ions in collectiveness established a tradition: setlist messages during the show. Back in those days, when smartphones and mobile internet were not as common as they are now, the songtitles were texted to Gazza (if I'm not mistaken) who posted them in the appropriate What's going on in X thread. Of course, these things are done even faster now!

So, to the lucky ones that are inside tonight: please help us poor fellows out and keep us informed. winking smiley

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: October 25, 2012 17:43

StonesTod
Dreamer

you trying to spoil their fun or something??

Ah, the funny guy!
No. Read my other posts on this eye rolling smiley

Date: October 25, 2012 17:46

Limbostone
During last tour IORR-ions in collectiveness established a tradition: setlist messages during the show. Back in those days, when smartphones and mobile internet were not as common as they are now, the songtitles were texted to Gazza (if I'm not mistaken) who posted them in the appropriate What's going on in X thread. Of course, these things are done even faster now!

So, to the lucky ones that are inside tonight: please help us poor fellows out and keep us informed. winking smiley

not advised. i was texting gazza from the first beacon show. some of the damned song titles didn't lend themselves to quick acronyms...when they did champagne & reefer with buddy guy...dammit i missed half the song just trying to get the text out!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 25, 2012 17:48

At least nobody can complian about ticket prices. Fifteen Euro is affordable. And there were a few who asked for one ticket only. I was number 15 in the queue and I was given ticket vouchers number 23 and 24 by the Virgin people, which means a few in front of me in line took one only.

Now it is time for one hour sleep, and in four hours or so they will be on stage. The basic band we all came to love. Just the 6 of them. Just like in 1962. Except Ian is now Chuck and Bill is Darryl.

Bjornulf

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: October 25, 2012 17:48

BV's post was wonderful, and it is very exciting reading the reports of others who luckily got tickets

Am green with envy of course, but can't wait to hopefully see the setlists Live -if texted in and out on the boards. YouTube videos tomorrow, reviews, photos - the Stones are back!

A setlist full of surprises would be amazing, 'I wann be your man', 'Come On'..etc

Posted by: RG ()
Date: October 25, 2012 17:49

Jealous of everyone who is in Paris tonight! But have a lot of fun, boys!

Looking forward to your reviews!

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: October 25, 2012 17:50

Well done BV and everyone else that were able to score some tickets! Should be some fun tonight! Can't wait for reviews.

Date: October 25, 2012 17:50

bv
At least nobody can complian about ticket prices. Fifteen Euro is affordable. And there were a few who asked for one ticket only. I was number 15 in the queue and I was given ticket vouchers number 23 and 24 by the Virgin people, which means a few in front of me in line took one only.

Now it is time for one hour sleep, and in four hours or so they will be on stage. The basic band we all came to love. Just the 6 of them. Just like in 1962. Except Ian is now Chuck and Bill is Darryl.

and mick is keith

Date: October 25, 2012 17:56

People are a bit presumptive and over optimistic about audio and video recordings of this circulating at all - let alone 'tomorrow'.

The less fans that get in, the less likely someone's going to be recording it.

Hopefully the official site will have a couple of songs uploaded as was the case for the Phoenix show in 2005 - a gig which never widely circulated in any other form until last week's archive release.

Posted by: bam ()
Date: October 25, 2012 17:57

and mick is keith

Ouch.

Date: October 25, 2012 17:59

Dreamer

I predict that there will be so many defiant uses of the expression 'on fire' over the next 24 hours that this board will need an extinguisher. .

Posted by: mitch ()
Date: October 25, 2012 17:59

another one:

[www.leboncoin.fr]

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: October 25, 2012 18:00

What a great autumn in Paris! Congratulations to everyone who got tickets!

Date: October 25, 2012 18:01

Gazza
Dreamer

I predict that there will be so many defiant uses of the expression 'on fire' over the next 24 hours that this board will need an extinguisher. .

but there won't be any wobble reports...however ronnie and mick's guitar weaving will be the new headline...

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: October 25, 2012 18:03

mitch
another one:

[www.leboncoin.fr]
Can someone who got a ticket tell us if his name appears on it ?

Date: October 25, 2012 18:06

the name of the ticket's buyer appears on both tickts.

Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: October 25, 2012 18:06

Let me guess... as for nearly every concert being followed and reviewed on discussion boards, "best Brown Sugar ever"... "best live JJF since 72", and so on...

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: October 25, 2012 18:09

mitch
the name of the ticket's buyer appears on both tickts.
so, it's a rip off cos it's nominative and you have to show your identity card if you want to get in

Date: October 25, 2012 18:12

you didn't have to give the name of the other person when you bought the tickets.

Posted by: Vocalion ()
Date: October 25, 2012 18:15

bv

Kind of a big difference IMHO...

Date: October 25, 2012 18:15

beepee2
Let me guess... as for nearly every concert being followed and reviewed on discussion boards, "best Brown Sugar ever"... "best live JJF since 72", and so on...

it won't even be the best-ever live doom and gloom, prolly....

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: October 25, 2012 18:18

jpasc95
mitch
another one:

[www.leboncoin.fr]
Can someone who got a ticket tell us if his name appears on it ?

There's a pic of a ticket here: [www.iorr.org]

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: October 25, 2012 18:27

Commiserations to Sister Marie. Her experience is really bad news. They should have policed the line better than that.

But congratulations again to all those who got in!! This board is going to be smoking tonight when the reports hit.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: October 25, 2012 18:28

Guys, these things are NEVER perfect. Many tickets end up being sold in the second hand market - well, those tickets will be bought by diehard fans for very high prices. Seems like many diehard fans who queued did not get tickets. That is a shame. But, from what I am hearing, a few diehard fans (such as BV) ended up with tickets at 15 Euro. I am happy for them, and at the end of the day, they did try to limit the amount that gets sold to touts. To be honest, with the way this tour has been priced and promoted, I was almost expecting them to charge 2500 Euro each for the tickets and sell them as part of an "Experience the Stones Intimate Warm Up Show VIP Package".

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: October 25, 2012 18:29

Sister Marie
Sorry, in French:
Je suis arrivée peu après 8 heures, pensant que c'était trop tard, RTL ayant prévenu vers 7h30 qu'il y avait déjà la queue devant le Virgin. Puis miracle, j'arrive et il n'y avait qu'une bonne centaine de personnes, donc j'ai pu avoir un bon numéro. Les choses s'organisent bien tout d'abord, grâce à cette numérotation nous étions ASSURES d'avoir une place, on nous l'a répété.
Puis un 2e appel par numéro et on nous remet ces petits papiers tout simples avec des numéros, appelés contre-marques. C'est paradoxalement ce qui causera le ratage qui a suivi. Les scalpels ont eut le temps de voir ces contre-marques, les fabriquer et même les revendre 100 € ! Il ne restait plus aux resquilleurs que de s'infiltrer dans la queue.
C'est comme ça que j'ai attendu 5 heures, sûre d'avoir ma place, comme beaucoup d'autres, et qu'enfin arrivés devant le bureau de vente on nous dit qu'il n'y a plus de place... Personnel de Virgin : "on ne comprend pas" "le nombre de places a réduit plus vite au fur et à mesure des ventes" (comprendre : plein d'invités ont dû faire pression). Et ils ont repéré des contre-marques falsifiées, mais c'était trop tard, d'autres avaient dû en profiter avant.
Je ne verrai pas les Stones cette année, et je suis bien dégoûtée.

VIP de dernière minute + avantage évident aux parisiens sur place + enfoirés de scalpers = peu de chance pour les autres !

J'ai manqué l'Olympia 1995 et l'Olympia 2003 pour à peu près les mêmes raisons que toi, ça ne te consolera pas, mais tu te sentiras moins seule winking smiley
Sûr, ça dégoute...

HMN

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 43

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2176
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home