Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 43
Re: Rolling stones secret gig In Paris
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 25, 2012 16:22

bv
This will just be a short message, more later, as I on my move from my place now in the St Lazare area and on to a place near Le Trabendo.

This was by far the hardest tickt ever. All people think I get to know everything, and that I get what I want from the Stones. Fact is I get very little information, and people tell me less because they think I will tell others and publish, which is a problem for me of course. But then you see who you can trust and who is a real friend and who is what and so on.

It took me all my 41 years of being a hard core Stones fan and all my experience to get this ticket. In the end, when it was official by 8am or so this morning, there were 100+ in the queue, but that was the only ones who got tickets I think. I was in the smallest queue I have been in ever. I arrived into Virgin Megastore as number 15 in the queue. By then I had been scanning the city of Paris for queues and locations all day. The taxi drivers had been driving me large loops when I knew it was much shorter. But I stayed focused, left the cabs and started walking. My years of training paid off, I passed by l'Olympia, Goeorge V, the Megastore, the Mogador and a bunch of other places in search for information and knowledge. I stayed at a place you must have when you do such work. Nearby the estimated location. And I used all other things that need to be a business secret when it comes to being in a queue of just 100 or so lucky people. I must have walked for 12 hours yesterday and tonight. Luckily I managed to get 4 hours sleep from 00:30 to 04:30. I took the risk and I made it, but it was a dangerous risk I know.

So I saw the queue got closed down behind me on Champs Elysee at 9:05 this morning. That was when the Megastore security people came and made it clear this was the place. We were then told we could take one or tow tickets. Big surprise for me, as I travel alone always, I have hundreds of friends on tours but they change from time to time and place to place. Now I have an extra ticket I need to find a person for, a friend that deserve it and who is nearby for this show tonight. But that have to wait until I have found a new place to work from now.

It was surrealistic to get the ticket, so many things happened, so many people with diferent emotions, so many camera people, press, and to walk up to the 2nd floor of the Megastore in the first selected group of people... I am happy.

The ticket was 15 Euro. The camera people asked me if that was ok. I said I would pay a million for it, which is not so far from the truth.

My wife and my family would have to forgive me for the past days and weeks. In order to get such a ticket you must stay focused like a top athlet and I have not been much available as seen from my mind. My brain hs been hooked on Paris, rehearsals, club show and stuff like that. But when you work hard anything is possible. So now I am just as hapy as I am when I am on the top of Kilimanjaro. The same feeling. Plus tonight will top it, the first time we will hear the new song live, the first time I will hear Brown Sugar live without saxophone, the first time I will see the Stones as they werre 50 years ago, with a minimum of backing musicians. Friends I met who saw them and hearded them at the rehearsals say they sound just great stripped down.

So the ticket says:

THE ROLLING STONES
A SHORT WARMUP SET
Jeudi 25 Octobre 2012
LA TRABENDO
20:00
15.00 Euro

And lots other in French which I do not understand, but as there were no wristbands, and we had to show ID, I assume an ID is needed also at the entrance.

More later...

Fantastic BV, congratulations!

I'm quoting your message because I had to do about as much hunting for your post in this thread as you had to do in your cab this morning!

Enjoy tonight and look forward to your report!

Posted by: keith56 ()
Date: October 25, 2012 16:24

Sister Marie
Sorry, in French:
Je suis arrivée peu après 8 heures, pensant que c'était trop tard, RTL ayant prévenu vers 7h30 qu'il y avait déjà la queue devant le Virgin. Puis miracle, j'arrive et il n'y avait qu'une bonne centaine de personnes, donc j'ai pu avoir un bon numéro. Les choses s'organisent bien tout d'abord, grâce à cette numérotation nous étions ASSURES d'avoir une place, on nous l'a répété.
Puis un 2e appel par numéro et on nous remet ces petits papiers tout simples avec des numéros, appelés contre-marques. C'est paradoxalement ce qui causera le ratage qui a suivi. Les scalpels ont eut le temps de voir ces contre-marques, les fabriquer et même les revendre 100 € ! Il ne restait plus aux resquilleurs que de s'infiltrer dans la queue.
C'est comme ça que j'ai attendu 5 heures, sûre d'avoir ma place, comme beaucoup d'autres, et qu'enfin arrivés devant le bureau de vente on nous dit qu'il n'y a plus de place... Personnel de Virgin : "on ne comprend pas" "le nombre de places a réduit plus vite au fur et à mesure des ventes" (comprendre : plein d'invités ont dû faire pression). Et ils ont repéré des contre-marques falsifiées, mais c'était trop tard, d'autres avaient dû en profiter avant.
Je ne verrai pas les Stones cette année, et je suis bien dégoûtée.

Quel organisation !! Comme si ils ne pouvaient remettre les places directement
à la premiere attente...tu aurais pû assister , c'est vraiment con...

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: October 25, 2012 16:26

Sister Marie
Sorry, in French:
Je suis arrivée peu après 8 heures, pensant que c'était trop tard, RTL ayant prévenu vers 7h30 qu'il y avait déjà la queue devant le Virgin. Puis miracle, j'arrive et il n'y avait qu'une bonne centaine de personnes, donc j'ai pu avoir un bon numéro. Les choses s'organisent bien tout d'abord, grâce à cette numérotation nous étions ASSURES d'avoir une place, on nous l'a répété.
Puis un 2e appel par numéro et on nous remet ces petits papiers tout simples avec des numéros, appelés contre-marques. C'est paradoxalement ce qui causera le ratage qui a suivi. Les scalpels ont eut le temps de voir ces contre-marques, les fabriquer et même les revendre 100 € ! Il ne restait plus aux resquilleurs que de s'infiltrer dans la queue.
C'est comme ça que j'ai attendu 5 heures, sûre d'avoir ma place, comme beaucoup d'autres, et qu'enfin arrivés devant le bureau de vente on nous dit qu'il n'y a plus de place... Personnel de Virgin : "on ne comprend pas" "le nombre de places a réduit plus vite au fur et à mesure des ventes" (comprendre : plein d'invités ont dû faire pression). Et ils ont repéré des contre-marques falsifiées, mais c'était trop tard, d'autres avaient dû en profiter avant.

ce n'est pas mon métier et pourtant c'était simple à faire : un tampon VIRGIN sur la main + immédiatement un bracelet pré-résa scellé au poignet de chaque arrivant (comme pour Olympia 95) et voilà ....
il te reste le concours sur la page FB du groupe avec Uview...

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: October 25, 2012 16:32

SisterMarie c'est toi la fille qui chante Gimme shelter sur la video du NObs ?

Posted by: mitch ()
Date: October 25, 2012 16:33

et voilà, ca commence:
[www.leboncoin.fr]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-25 16:33 by mitch.

Posted by: Highwire75 ()
Date: October 25, 2012 16:39

Je suis arrivé à 8h avec le numéro 136 et la contre-marque.... et je me retrouve sans tickets. Merci aux resquilleurs qui n'ont pas joué le jeux (normal).

Je pleure...

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: October 25, 2012 16:39

Date: October 25, 2012 16:41

Highwire75
Je suis arrivé à 8h avec le numéro 136 et la contre-marque.... et je me retrouve sans tickets. Merci aux resquilleurs qui n'ont pas joué le jeux (normal).

Je pleure...

Si en meme temps tu laisses le mec se pointer devant toi sans rien dire ya un probleme...

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: October 25, 2012 16:42

Congrats to the ticket holders! Damn, why am I not there? This is the first secret club gig in Europe since 100 Club in '85. I'll follow the updates on IORR tonight and live vicariously. The Stones are playing TONIGHT!!!!!

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: October 25, 2012 16:43

beepee2, ne nous dis pas que tu as joué les resquilleurs ?

Posted by: rollingloc ()
Date: October 25, 2012 16:44

suis deg pour vous...
l'honnêteté ne paie plus...

Date: October 25, 2012 16:45

jpasc95
beepee2, ne nous dis pas que tu as joué les resquilleurs ?

Mais non, je suis meme pas a Paris, mais bon je me pose des questions quand je vois des gens faire la queue des 2h du matin, et puis se plaindre que 3 resquilleurs se sont incrustés...

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()

Thommie
800€: [www.leboncoin.fr]

THat's a bargain - compared to the London/Newark tickets; since it's a club gig
The seller could sell them for 10 times as much

Thommie

angry smiley

je n'ai pas vu la resquille elle même mais des têtes inconnues des cercles habituels

Posted by: aprilfool ()
Date: October 25, 2012 16:46

Sister Marie
Sorry, in French:
Je comprends que tu sois degoutee. Tout ca pour rien. Moi, j'avais reellement quelque chose de beaucoup plus important a faire ce matin, de plus avec mon boulot, j'aurais pas pu y aller ce soir. Mais de toute facon, j'aurai certainement ete decu. Voir les stones juste pour voir les stones, et dieu sait pourtant comment j'aime ce groupe, et bien j'ai passe ce cap. Je vois pas comment l'etat de keith, de ses mains je veux dire, pourrait regresser et ne pas l'empecher de jouer, d'autant plus qu'il n'est plus du tout le moteur, ce n'est pas lui qui entraine le reste

Posted by: Sister Marie ()
Date: October 25, 2012 16:47

Arrêtez de dire qu'on a laissé des gens passer devant, moi je n'ai rien vu ! Après coup, il est facile de comprendre que vu qu'on nous faisait attendre dehors (en nous faisant rentrer par petits groupes) et que la vente se déroulait au premier étage du Virgin dans une zone publique, les resquilleurs qui savaient qu'il ne fallait pas tarder ont eu tout le loisir de se glisser dans la 2e file en haut.

@beepee2: non ce n'est pas moi

@ Highwire : bienvenue au club, même histoire. Je pense qu'il y a aussi eu des passe-droits "officiels" pour faire pencher le pourcentage des invités en leur faveur.
sad smiley

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: October 25, 2012 16:47

JumpingKentFlash
Congrats to the ticket holders! Damn, why am I not there? This is the first secret club gig in Europe since 100 Club in '85. I'll follow the updates on IORR tonight and live vicariously. The Stones are playing TONIGHT!!!!!
You Kent Always get What You Want !

Date: October 25, 2012 16:48

rollingloc
suis deg pour vous...
l'honnêteté ne paie plus...

si si, keep your values thumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: aprilfool ()
Date: October 25, 2012 16:50

Merde, j'avais pas fini angry smiley
Pour terminer, jagger me saoule un peu a toujours vouloir chanter en articulant a mort. Avant il yaourtait pas mal et c'etait quand meme mieux. Bon, encore un qui negative mais faut pas se voiler la face.

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: October 25, 2012 16:56

What time is the show?

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: October 25, 2012 16:58

Erik_Snow
Thommie

THat's a bargain - compared to the London/Newark tickets; since it's a club gig
The seller could sell them for 10 times as much

I was about to say the same thing. It shouldn't be but in this day and age it is.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: October 25, 2012 16:59

bv
This will just be a short message, more later, as I on my move from my place now in the St Lazare area and on to a place near Le Trabendo.

This was by far the hardest tickt ever. All people think I get to know everything, and that I get what I want from the Stones. Fact is I get very little information, and people tell me less because they think I will tell others and publish, which is a problem for me of course. But then you see who you can trust and who is a real friend and who is what and so on.

It took me all my 41 years of being a hard core Stones fan and all my experience to get this ticket. In the end, when it was official by 8am or so this morning, there were 100+ in the queue, but that was the only ones who got tickets I think. I was in the smallest queue I have been in ever. I arrived into Virgin Megastore as number 15 in the queue. By then I had been scanning the city of Paris for queues and locations all day. The taxi drivers had been driving me large loops when I knew it was much shorter. But I stayed focused, left the cabs and started walking. My years of training paid off, I passed by l'Olympia, Goeorge V, the Megastore, the Mogador and a bunch of other places in search for information and knowledge. I stayed at a place you must have when you do such work. Nearby the estimated location. And I used all other things that need to be a business secret when it comes to being in a queue of just 100 or so lucky people. I must have walked for 12 hours yesterday and tonight. Luckily I managed to get 4 hours sleep from 00:30 to 04:30. I took the risk and I made it, but it was a dangerous risk I know.

So I saw the queue got closed down behind me on Champs Elysee at 9:05 this morning. That was when the Megastore security people came and made it clear this was the place. We were then told we could take one or tow tickets. Big surprise for me, as I travel alone always, I have hundreds of friends on tours but they change from time to time and place to place. Now I have an extra ticket I need to find a person for, a friend that deserve it and who is nearby for this show tonight. But that have to wait until I have found a new place to work from now.

It was surrealistic to get the ticket, so many things happened, so many people with diferent emotions, so many camera people, press, and to walk up to the 2nd floor of the Megastore in the first selected group of people... I am happy.

The ticket was 15 Euro. The camera people asked me if that was ok. I said I would pay a million for it, which is not so far from the truth.

My wife and my family would have to forgive me for the past days and weeks. In order to get such a ticket you must stay focused like a top athlet and I have not been much available as seen from my mind. My brain hs been hooked on Paris, rehearsals, club show and stuff like that. But when you work hard anything is possible. So now I am just as hapy as I am when I am on the top of Kilimanjaro. The same feeling. Plus tonight will top it, the first time we will hear the new song live, the first time I will hear Brown Sugar live without saxophone, the first time I will see the Stones as they werre 50 years ago, with a minimum of backing musicians. Friends I met who saw them and hearded them at the rehearsals say they sound just great stripped down.

So the ticket says:

THE ROLLING STONES
A SHORT WARMUP SET
Jeudi 25 Octobre 2012
LA TRABENDO
20:00
15.00 Euro

And lots other in French which I do not understand, but as there were no wristbands, and we had to show ID, I assume an ID is needed also at the entrance.

More later...

GREAT POST. Congratulations, bv ... you deserve to be there.

Posted by: wope ()
Date: October 25, 2012 17:01

Come on guys, be a bit calm.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-25 17:15 by wope.

Posted by: superrevvy ()
Date: October 25, 2012 17:04

wope
And for those not-Stones-fans who managed to get tickets to sell for exagerrated prices or whatever, ... you'll have to live with yourselves for the rest of your lives.

lol!

Posted by: iggy.pop ()
Date: October 25, 2012 17:07

mitch
et voilà, ca commence:
[www.leboncoin.fr]

Strange, I thought the tickets were registered under your name. How could you buy a ticket from someone else ? Some will buy these tickets a lot of money and stay out from the Trabbendo.

Anyway, congratulations to those who have tickets and i hope you will have some fun during this gig.

Date: October 25, 2012 17:09

wope

And for those not-Stones-fans who managed to get tickets to sell for exagerrated prices or whatever, ... you'll have to live with yourselves for the rest of your lives.

yawning smiley

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: October 25, 2012 17:15

Congratulations to BV

awesome.. hope for a sneaked video from someone, somehow
grinning smiley

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: October 25, 2012 17:21

chelskeith
Oh yeah, and to those who have doubted Keith Richards can still play the guitar, your time to bitch, piss and moan is over.

I can understand how you guys feel.
And congratulations!
It will be special: just the Stones on stage is the most unique experience you can have as a Stones fan.
But....smoking smiley don't jump too high by giving reviews before the show! grinning smiley

Sure, get high on luck but pay attention tonight. How many songs is Mick playing guitar? How many on harmonica? How is Keith playing? How is Ronnie doing? Etc.

Have fun!

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: October 25, 2012 17:23

aprilfool
Sister Marie
Sorry, in French:
Je comprends que tu sois degoutee. Tout ca pour rien. Moi, j'avais reellement quelque chose de beaucoup plus important a faire ce matin, de plus avec mon boulot, j'aurais pas pu y aller ce soir. Mais de toute facon, j'aurai certainement ete decu. Voir les stones juste pour voir les stones, et dieu sait pourtant comment j'aime ce groupe, et bien j'ai passe ce cap. Je vois pas comment l'etat de keith, de ses mains je veux dire, pourrait regresser et ne pas l'empecher de jouer, d'autant plus qu'il n'est plus du tout le moteur, ce n'est pas lui qui entraine le reste

No not French: in English please!!!

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: October 25, 2012 17:23

so bv's gone for awhile. i know what you're all thinking and i'm thinking right along with you:

word of the day is back!!!!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 43

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1717
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home