Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3334353637383940414243Next
Current Page: 40 of 43
Re: Rolling stones secret gig In Paris
Posted by: Tajlibar ()
Date: October 30, 2012 12:19

As far as i'm concerned, i had a cam. I was there with great hopes of getting in. That did not work out but i did not queue for hours just to get a picture. If you want to offend those who tried something, feel free to do so. But that sounds quite easy after everyone has heard nobody could get in.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 30, 2012 14:34

Link for the Trabendo Getty pics : [tinyurl.com] (register for free and remove the watermark), some have not been used by the papers it seems.

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: October 30, 2012 17:19

dcba
So the people with cameras (aka the poors) were the ones who couldn't enter the Mogador, and the ones who had an invitation (the rich ones) were specifically asked not to bring a cam with them.

Silly world... And I think the most pitiful ones are the ones who had cams. They seem like beggars who admire the nobles who pass them by. eye rolling smiley

I took a long break from this forum so forgive me if this is a rhetorical question but do you ever have anything positive to say?

Posted by: roby ()
Date: October 30, 2012 20:11

The official Rolling Stones site is ashamed to note that the band has played a PRIVATE gig for Garmignac gestion ? Why talking about a secret gig as The Trabendo was ?

Posted by: Georges ()
Date: October 31, 2012 11:39

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: October 31, 2012 12:37

roby
The official Rolling Stones site is ashamed to note that the band has played a PRIVATE gig for Garmignac gestion ? Why talking about a secret gig as The Trabendo was ?

This is NOT correct. For the Trabando they speak of a SURPRISE GIG for the Mogador they speak of a SECRET GIG hot smiley

Date: October 31, 2012 12:39

Mogador show review

[www.lefigaro.fr]

[lci.tf1.fr]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-31 12:42 by roby.

Date: October 31, 2012 12:44

Ok smiling smiley But they could speak of Garmignac gestion

Grison
roby

This is NOT correct. For the Trabando they speak of a SURPRISE GIG for the Mogador they speak of a SECRET GIG hot smiley

Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: October 31, 2012 13:08

The Queen hates Jagger, i can't imagine she would kindly recommend private bankers to him... i'm not sure they even talk, she was off when he was made a knight.

Posted by: DoomNGloom ()
Date: October 31, 2012 15:14

beepee2
The Queen hates Jagger, i can't imagine she would kindly recommend private bankers to him... i'm not sure they even talk, she was off when he was made a knight.

No surprise here. Many of his fans don't even like him.

Posted by: FoolToCry ()
Date: October 31, 2012 15:46

Miss You LIVE from Paris!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 31, 2012 16:16

thanks for the link, that Daryl solo was great.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: October 31, 2012 16:22

gotdablouse
thanks for the link, that Daryl solo was great.

Seconded!

Posted by: no satisfaction ()
Date: October 31, 2012 16:23

Merci pour ce cadeau...spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: October 31, 2012 17:31

FoolToCry

Great, sounds better than the boring bigger bang tour versions.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 31, 2012 18:03

beepee2

Nice to see Christopher Andersen on here.... grinning smiley

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: October 31, 2012 18:06

TheBlockbuster
FoolToCry

Big time. The slower tempo brings the danceable groove back. It sounds way more "in the pocket".

Date: October 31, 2012 18:06

Grison
roby

Yet they provided minute by minute twitter updates of the Trabendo gig as it happened.

Whereas the existence of the Mogador gig didnt even get mentioned until the following day.

the irony being that everyone knew the date and location of the 'secret' gig about a week or more in advance, whereas the 'surprise' gig's location only leaked about 24 hours before it took place.

Posted by: LSTNT ()
Date: October 31, 2012 18:11

Gazza
Grison
roby

Yet they provided minute by minute twitter updates of the Trabendo gig as it happened.

Whereas the existence of the Mogador gig didnt even get mentioned until the following day.

the irony being that everyone knew the date and location of the 'secret' gig about a week or more in advance, whereas the 'surprise' gig's location only leaked about 24 hours before it took place.

Really do not know what all the fuss is about. This was a PRIVATE show with no public tickets sold, so there is no reason to provide any information. Gret a life folks.

Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: October 31, 2012 18:17

LSTNT

Really do not know what all the fuss is about. This was a PRIVATE show with no public tickets sold, so there is no reason to provide any information. Gret a life folks.

You don't get it.

The reason there's no public information about it not because it's private. It's because they know it's wrong and it reveals who they are; it conveys a picture which is not very nice and which their PR people try to avoid at all cost. (Mick chatting with bankers about what the Queen said...)

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: October 31, 2012 18:19

beepee2, what are your reliable sources for Jagger and the Queen and the bankers?

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: October 31, 2012 18:39

Those comments of Mick's were mentioned the next day in reviews by French speakers who attended. The links to the reviews are around here - somewhere...

Date: October 31, 2012 18:49

LSTNT
Gazza
Grison
roby

Balls. The point of their social media pages are to provide an official service for concert info and setlists etc, even though 99.999% of their readership cant get access to the show in question. If they can do that for the Trabendo show, they can do it for the private show as well. Why pretend it wasnt happening?

Date: October 31, 2012 18:57

stonesrule
beepee2, what are your reliable sources for Jagger and the Queen and the bankers?

A conversation that Christopher Andersen appears to have overheard between the Queen and Prince Charles.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: October 31, 2012 19:06

andrewt
TheBlockbuster
FoolToCry

Big time. The slower tempo brings the danceable groove back. It sounds way more "in the pocket".
One, two and one, two, three - next he will probably count to four etc.
Counting belongs to kindergarten - not in a consert. They are not that senile yet.

Date: October 31, 2012 19:29

beepee2
LSTNT

You don't get it.

The reason there's no public information about it not because it's private. It's because they know it's wrong and it reveals who they are; it conveys a picture which is not very nice and which their PR people try to avoid at all cost. (Mick chatting with bankers about what the Queen said...)

You are clueless. The STONES are a business, they owe you nothing. Now go back to your parents basement.

Date: October 31, 2012 19:33

Gazza
LSTNT
Gazza
Grison
roby

Balls. The point of their social media pages are to provide an official service for concert info and setlists etc, even though 99.999% of their readership cant get access to the show in question. If they can do that for the Trabendo show, they can do it for the private show as well. Why pretend it wasnt happening?

Did they provide this for any of the other private shows they have done? Nobody's pretending it didn't happen, it's just none of your business. Typical liberal thinking. are they posting any of the rehearsal songs, where they had lunch etc. in your mind we should all be told everything they do.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: October 31, 2012 19:47

[rockerparis.blogspot.fr]

(...) Charlie's looking good and Keith Richards looks a zombie, Scary.
Mick Jagger's is talking in french mostly, "I can't believe that we're still standing up" Yeah that's right specially regarding Keith Richards shadow, He looks scary and very frail; most of the time, there is no life in his eyes and from time to time there's a smile or a wink of an eye or a grin that shows us that there's still a bit of life in his body & brain. I've been told they had trouble finding an insurance Cie to sign them for a tour, I can understand why by looking at Keith.
The guitar playing is (still) perfect but kept to a minimum but isn't it his trademark ?
Ronnie 's shining so is Mick.

[rockerparis.blogspot.fr]

(...) Keith Richards ' playing is kept to a minimum which is very worrying.

sad smiley

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: October 31, 2012 19:51

Don't even bother with that BS the blogger wrote. He also wrote that Ronnie has taken all the "lead" guitar parts. Whatever the hell that's supposed to mean. This dude had all the wrong expectations coming into the concert.

Date: October 31, 2012 21:28

LSTNT
Gazza
LSTNT
Gazza
Grison
roby

Did they provide this for any of the other private shows they have done? Nobody's pretending it didn't happen, it's just none of your business. Typical liberal thinking. are they posting any of the rehearsal songs, where they had lunch etc. in your mind we should all be told everything they do.

Excuse me? You assume to know my politics now? Let alone that I give a shite about political terms in your country.

They didnt post setlists from previous tours at all as far as I know, so the issue of what they did or didnt do for private shows is a moot point.

No. I dont think we should be told 'everything'. Try reading what I said. If theyre using social media sites to post news and info on concerts, then do it properly and consistently or dont do it at all. They have a track record of providing an online service that tends to be half-arsed at best.

Outside of a studio or a concert stage I couldnt give a flying f**k what they do the rest of the time.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-01 02:31 by Gazza.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3334353637383940414243Next
Current Page: 40 of 43

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1763
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home