Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: 2013 Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame nominees
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: October 7, 2012 22:40

Max'sKansasCity
It is the tourist attraction in Cleveland which doesnt deserve it,
I would love to see some groups start telling the tourist attraction FKU! Esp the so called tough guy gansta rap groups. It would be awesome if supposedly bad ass, tough guy, gangsta rappa Ice Cube told em "FKU I dont want no part of your tourist attraction!, and dont ask me no more or I'll bust a cap in yo azz!"... of course he would have to take time out of making Coors light commercials

WORD!!! so funny to see these gangtsas actin all mad... YO!! its on now!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-08 00:51 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: jabhead ()
Date: October 8, 2012 00:47

Paul Butterfield Blues Band's first two albums especially East West make them worthy IMO. Bloomfield and Bishop on guitars... yeah baby

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: October 8, 2012 01:24

jabhead
Paul Butterfield Blues Band's first two albums especially East West make them worthy IMO. Bloomfield and Bishop on guitars... yeah baby

Yes, the title track to East West, the groove and the sound, is like Santana, only 3 years earlier.

Also, the PBBB had a profound influence on The Doors and the structuring of their early music and songwriting, in particular, Robbie Krieger explaining how "everbody was trying to copy Mike Bloomfield" so he came up with something different on slide guitar

and how he got the idea for the riff in Break On Through (To The Other Side) from the PBBB song Shake Your Money Maker (at 1:54)

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: October 8, 2012 01:36

It sounds like Santana but I hear a lot of similarity with CYHMKnocking

Date: October 8, 2012 01:43

NICOS
It sounds like Santana but I hear a lot of similarity with CYHMKnocking

Yes, that track as well. A hugely influential band.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: October 8, 2012 03:55

Still amazing they recorded this in 1966...wander if had any audience back then (it was all Beatles, Stones, Kinks etc.)

Date: October 8, 2012 05:04

NICOS
Still amazing they recorded this in 1966...wander if had any audience back then (it was all Beatles, Stones, Kinks etc.)

They didn't seem to have much of a nationwide audience back then in terms of popular album sales. Like many Elektra acts of the time, their popularity seemed to be more regional than national. Their eponymous 1965 debut album peaked at no. 123 on the Billboard pop album chart; their fabulous 1966 East West only got as high as no. 65. Musicians of the time certainly knew who they were, and the influence of their legacy is reinforced by the fact of their debut album being ranked among Rolling Stone's list of top 500 greatest albums of all time (no. 468 as of the 2012 ranking, up from no. 476 according to 2003's ranking), as well as ranking no. 11 in Down Beat magazine's list of top 50 blues albums. Their music has aged extremely well.

Posted by: Roscoe ()
Date: October 8, 2012 06:30

stonesnow
NICOS

They didn't seem to have much of a nationwide audience back then in terms of popular album sales. Like many Elektra acts of the time, their popularity seemed to be more regional than national. Their eponymous 1965 debut album peaked at no. 123 on the Billboard pop album chart; their fabulous 1966 East West only got as high as no. 65. Musicians of the time certainly knew who they were, and the influence of their legacy is reinforced by the fact of their debut album being ranked among Rolling Stone's list of top 500 greatest albums of all time (no. 468 as of the 2012 ranking, up from no. 476 according to 2003's ranking), as well as ranking no. 11 in Down Beat magazine's list of top 50 blues albums. Their music has aged extremely well.

A large part of the PBBB's audience back then was white college kids, my older brother and cousin amongst them. Very popular on a lot of campuses.

Posted by: ripthisjoint908 ()
Date: October 8, 2012 16:21

Come On
Paul Butterfield Blues Band YES ABSOLUTELY!!!

Classic band playing with Dylan when he get elektrified....

Mike Bloomfield heard Dylans first record and said "I'm gonna show you how the blues are played..." then Highway 61 Revisited was made.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: October 8, 2012 17:40

News flash! Joan Jett still sucks!

Posted by: deeppurple ()
Date: October 8, 2012 17:48

The problem with places or groups like the RRHOF is that over a period of time they become..staid..entrenched. We need something new. A real R&R Hall. No rap No Pop..just R&R!

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: October 9, 2012 16:43

GumbootCloggeroo
Max'sKansasCity
and, I forget, what rock and roll songs do they do again?
what rock and roll songs does Bob Marley do?
what rock and roll songs does Miles Davis do?
what rock and roll songs does Jimmy Cliff do?
what rock and roll songs do The Bee Gees do?

Why are those artists in the hall of fame if they don't play rock and roll? Is it because they are influential and culturally important? If that's the case, then Public Enemy and N.W.A. deserve to be in there.

I kind of thought the same thing when I heard Bob Marley and Johnny Cash nominated. Now I'm big fans of both...but neither seemed R&R (although Cash certainly seemed to start out that way!).

But then it was explained at the time of their influence on R&R. Marley certainly on Clapton, Cash on probably a number of folks...

So it makes sense in that regard.

But I too am struggling to understand what R&R NWA influenced??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-09 16:44 by kovach.

Date: October 9, 2012 16:59

You know, there seems to be a golden age of R&R, starting with Elvis and ending with disco. Now that's not to say great music wasn't made before Elvis, there's of course a huge number of great blues/jazz albums that deserve credit, and the post-disco alternative scene produced some good music as well.

But since the 20 year waiting period is way beyond the "golden age of R&R" as I suggest above...I think we're getting a lot of one hit wonders and novelty acts.

Just my opinion...

That being said...when's Vanilla Ice elegible?

VIP. Word to your mother.

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: October 9, 2012 17:17

Max'sKansasCity
Max'sKansasCity
I would love to see some groups start telling the tourist attraction FKU! Esp the so called tough guy gansta rap groups. It would be awesome if supposedly bad ass, tough guy, gangsta rappa Ice Cube told em "FKU I dont want no part of your tourist attraction!, and dont ask me no more or I'll bust a cap in yo azz!"... of course he would have to take time out of making Coors light commercials

Max'sKansasCity, how old are you? 14?

Date: October 9, 2012 17:34

Max'sKansasCity
Always amusing to see people show their ignorance by talking shit about Joan Jett.

Joan Jett had been more rock and Roll (in every way) for longer than most groups (or people) which anyone talks about on this, or any other, board.

I'm pretty rock and roll, can I get in? Oh wait a minute...I have been in, but I had to pay. smileys with beer

Date: October 10, 2012 00:27

GumbootCloggeroo
Max'sKansasCity
Max'sKansasCity

Max'sKansasCity, how old are you? 14?

Arent you are at the limit (20-30 useage limit) for that particualar reply... try a new one.

And I think it is funny as heck to see these oldazz rappers acting all mad and tough... yelling at a bottle of Coors Light... TOO FUNNY!! That crap is as lame as that parachute pants guy (probably another one of your heros) doing Taco Bell commercials.

Date: October 10, 2012 00:35

kovach
But I too am struggling to understand what R&R NWA influenced??
You are not the only one....

www.eazye.info/img/nwa.jpg

Dey all pizzededoff... gonna busta cap in yo azz!!
Shazzizzle to YOmutha! WORD! an shiznit like dat homey!!!

ps
What is the deal with pictures here lately? some work, some dont, some work for a while then stop working.... I wonder if some setting here have been changed... anyway, I guess I will start adding the link to the pictures... so it makes sense. YO!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-10 01:23 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: October 10, 2012 10:59

Purple should get in for Smoke on the Water alone. It's probably the most famous metal riff ever, the one that every kid in every garage learns to play wrong first (it's all on the D and G strings, no full barre chords, in the intro).

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: October 10, 2012 17:47

Max'sKansasCity
I'd like to see you enter a bar where black people hang out and say those words that you enjoy typing out. You wouldn't do it, would you? But it's fine when you have the protection of being anonymous on the internet, right? You're safe.

Again, I ask you, how old are you? You're mocking a culture and lifestyle. Are you an adult?

Date: October 10, 2012 22:00

GumbootCloggeroo
Max'sKansasCity
I'd like to see you enter a bar where black people hang out and say those words that you enjoy typing out. You wouldn't do it, would you? But it's fine when you have the protection of being anonymous on the internet, right? You're safe.

Again, I ask you, how old are you? You're mocking a culture and lifestyle. Are you an adult?

How utterly racist of you.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: October 11, 2012 15:23

COUNT RITCHIE BLACKMORE OUT OF A DEEP PURPLE ROCK HALL INDUCTION

10/10/2012

If Deep Purple is elected to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Ritchie Blackmore will not serve. The group is one of 15 finalists for the Rock Hall's class of 2013, but the guitarist -- who co-founded the iconic hard rock band and served three separate tenures in its lineups -- tells The Insider that he has no desire to be part of the induction if it happens. "Personally, I couldn't care less," Blackmore says. "I would never go. I'm not really a fan of that stuff. Considering some of the people that are in the Hall of Fame, I'm not sure if it's a good idea, so I don't care one way or the other, actually. I think our fans seem to care more than I do," he notes. "They're always saying, 'You should be in the Hall of Fame. You should be in this, you should be in that...' If I can pay the bills, that's all I care about." Blackmore left Deep Purple for good in 2003 and has since been playing Renaissance and Medieval music with his wife, Candice Knight, in the band Blackmore's Night. The troupe has just released a new live album, "A Knight in York," and is working on its eighth studio album for release in 2013.

Date: October 11, 2012 15:24

tatters

10/10/2012

If Deep Purple is elected to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Ritchie Blackmore will not serve. The group is one of 15 finalists for the Rock Hall's class of 2013, but the guitarist -- who co-founded the iconic hard rock band and served three separate tenures in its lineups -- tells The Insider that he has no desire to be part of the induction if it happens. "Personally, I couldn't care less," Blackmore says. "I would never go. I'm not really a fan of that stuff. Considering some of the people that are in the Hall of Fame, I'm not sure if it's a good idea, so I don't care one way or the other, actually. I think our fans seem to care more than I do," he notes. "They're always saying, 'You should be in the Hall of Fame. You should be in this, you should be in that...' If I can pay the bills, that's all I care about." Blackmore left Deep Purple for good in 2003 and has since been playing Renaissance and Medieval music with his wife, Candice Knight, in the band Blackmore's Night. The troupe has just released a new live album, "A Knight in York," and is working on its eighth studio album for release in 2013.

blackmore left in 1994 not 2003

Date: October 11, 2012 15:55

Blackmore is one underrated bad-ass. Underrated as in that he is not as notorious as other head-line hoggers. From the get-go his playing style, his stage moves, his HAT!; very often " a man in black".

Date: October 11, 2012 23:18

tatters

10/10/2012

RIGHT ON MR BLACKMORE!!!!!

And I didnt think I could respect Mr Blackmore anymore than I already did... I could go on and about seeing him live... or how much I have enjoyed listening to his music... or how this is one the greatest quotes EVER.... but instead... let play some... You wanna ROCK AND ROLL? THIS, is rock and roll...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-11 23:32 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: October 11, 2012 23:21

The Beard formally known as Chuck's Beard has never been nominated.

it's an outrage.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: October 11, 2012 23:28

tatters
Blackmore left Deep Purple for good in 2003 and has since been playing Renaissance and Medieval music with his wife, Candice Knight, in the band Blackmore's Night. The troupe has just released a new live album, "A Knight in York," and is working on its eighth studio album for release in 2013.

Damn, He's put out 8 studio albums of medieval music?
Wasn't one enough?

Date: October 11, 2012 23:35

Munichhilton
tatters
Blackmore left Deep Purple for good in 2003 and has since been playing Renaissance and Medieval music with his wife, Candice Knight, in the band Blackmore's Night. The troupe has just released a new live album, "A Knight in York," and is working on its eighth studio album for release in 2013.

Damn, He's put out 8 studio albums of medieval music?
Wasn't one enough?

You should see York, she is pretty hot.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: October 11, 2012 23:37

That medieval stuff is cheesy.

I bought one of them... Fires at Midnight.

Date: October 11, 2012 23:42

GravityBoy
That medieval stuff is cheesy.
Blame the lack of modern ointments...

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2476
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home