Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 41
Re: ot- NFL 2012
Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: October 1, 2012 22:57

FrankM
Definitely won't be a team with a strong tie to it's city i.e. Pittsburgh, Dallas, Green Bay etc.- maybe the Rams or Raiders will try L.A. again.

I wouldn't be surprised if Jax is in the mix.

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: October 1, 2012 23:02

FrankM
Definitely won't be a team with a strong tie to it's city i.e. Pittsburgh, Dallas, Green Bay etc.- maybe the Rams or Raiders will try L.A. again.

I just hope is not the Chargers

Date: October 1, 2012 23:29

My educated guess (in order of probability) :

1) the Rams

2) the Chargers

3) the Jaguars

4) the Raiders

5) the Bills

6) the Saints - not really likely because of the strong ties to the community ....

These are the six teams without a modern stadium with luxury boxes and / or luxury suites which is what it really comes down to.

The Vikings have been approved for a new stadium in Minnesota.

I don't think that any other teams are seriously in the mix. K.C. and G.B. will stay,obviously.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: October 1, 2012 23:39

The oddest thing about this LA deal is... most people I know in LA could not care one bit about football. It starts too early... or something winking smiley and they have felt like that for years and years....

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: October 2, 2012 00:47

Max'sKansasCity
The oddest thing about this LA deal is... most people I know in LA could not care one bit about football. It starts too early... or something winking smiley and they have felt like that for years and years....
LA doesn't care because their pro team is USC.eye rolling smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: October 2, 2012 01:14

FrankM
There's no shame in losing to the 49ers but The Jets couldn't even score one point? Now Holmes is out for at least a few games and The Jets will be lucky to win six games this year. They need to draft or trade for a quarterback. Tebow is useful as a part time player but neither him or Sanchez is good enough to be a starting quarterback.

I don't think the NFL is going to expand anytime soon. If L.A. ends up with a team they will have to lure them from another city.

i will say this. before the season started i had the jets at 2-2 right now so no big shock in the W/L category. the problem was how crappy they looked in the 2 games they lost. as a long time jets fan i can say i saw them go 1-15 one year but this team is worse than the 1-15 team yet have 2 wins already. its a shame the jets might go 7-9 or 8-8 this year but as a fan i will say they don't deserve that

Date: October 2, 2012 01:42

dont kid yourself, they deserve that... Hell, we all deserve it

Date: October 2, 2012 01:50

Max'sKansasCity
dont kid yourself, they deserve that... Hell, we all deserve it

if the jets go better than 7-9 this year they don't deserve it and like i said they are my favorite team. the team that went 1-15 was much better than this. even the team that was 4-12 was better than this. at least they could score the ball:
[en.wikipedia.org]

Date: October 2, 2012 01:55

keefriffhard4life

if the jets go better than 7-9 this year they don't deserve it and like i said they are my favorite team. the team that went 1-15 was much better than this. even the team that was 4-12 was better than this. at least they could score the ball:
[en.wikipedia.org]

Oh I thought you meant they didnt deserve that bad of a record.... you meant the opposite... oops... ok, got ya.... It gonna be a weird year, even with the regular refs back.. and they suck as much as the fake ones, but at least they are real... what ever the hell that even means.

Date: October 2, 2012 05:31

BWWWAAAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA
Romo sucks so hard.... stick a fork in him..... he is so done

Date: October 2, 2012 05:32

And I am not even a big Bears fan or anti Cowboy fanatic... but ROMO SUCKS!

and for the record.... Romo is probably 10 x better than Matt Cassel sad smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-02 05:40 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: October 2, 2012 05:35

Time for the MLB post season break... this NFL seaon is just weird.

Study up... [mlb.mlb.com] there will be a test on this info

Posted by: JimmyTheSaint ()
Date: October 2, 2012 05:58

It would be nice if MNF mixed up the Stones tunes they are using.

One Hit is getting the most play. They need to delve deeper into the catalogue.

Date: October 2, 2012 06:01

JimmyTheSaint

I was so excited at first for this Stones MNF thing... but...
but... like this football season, it is a pretty big dissapointment sad smiley

Wasted potential is like a.... ah fk it.

tl/dr
Yeah, you are right.

Date: October 2, 2012 06:17

Did I mention Romo is done... stick him with a fork?

I did?... oh... ok then.... new News.... How about.... uh...

Detroit clinches the AL central beating.. someone sad smiley

If someone want to start a MLB post season thread I will play, but Im not starting it.... I think I hate all sports except the Olympics.... and NCAA Men's Basketball.

Posted by: doubledoor ()
Date: October 2, 2012 06:22

BEAR DOWN!

Date: October 2, 2012 06:24

doubledoor
BEAR DOWN!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-02 06:27 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: doubledoor ()
Date: October 2, 2012 06:28

Max'sKansasCity
doubledoor
BEAR DOWN!
Very nice

Posted by: slew ()
Date: October 2, 2012 06:29

Tony Romo = Useless!-

Date: October 2, 2012 06:46

doubledoor
Max'sKansasCity
doubledoor
BEAR DOWN!
Very nice

grinning smileysmileys with beer

Date: October 2, 2012 06:49

slew
Tony Romo = Useless!-

Yup... he is done....

Posted by: slew ()
Date: October 2, 2012 07:22

Bears look like they have a good team this year

Date: October 2, 2012 10:02

Max'sKansasCity
JimmyTheSaint

I was so excited at first for this Stones MNF thing... but...
but... like this football season, it is a pretty big dissapointment sad smiley

Wasted potential is like a.... ah fk it.

tl/dr
Yeah, you are right.

Sure,they should mix it up some more but,it's good to see "Hold on to Your Hat" and "One Hit (To the Body)" get some more exposure. The former never gets played on the radio and the latter gets played VERY rarely.

They could ease up on IORR and maybe play "Too Tough" or "All Down the Line" or "Soul Survivor" or the new single,which ever of the 2 new songs it turns out to be.

Date: October 2, 2012 10:53

slew
Tony Romo = Useless!-

Are you guys serious????? Did you actually watch the game????? I would not defend Romo if he was actually @ fault but,these are the facts of the situation :

The first four interceptions (or 3 interceptions and 1 fumble) were NOT Romo's fault.

* 1st Interception : The receiver,# 88,ran the wrong pass pattern. He failed to cut-off his route in adjustment to the safety blitz. Romo actually signaled to the receiver what to do IF the safety came in on a blitz. The safety DID blitz and the receiver failed to read it (even with the warning before hand by Romo). The receiver was supposed to be in between the ball and the defender who intercepted the ball. He wasn't there. The ball was already in the air. This WAS NOT Romo's fault AT ALL.

* 2nd Interception : This was a picture PERFECT pass by Romo. The pass went through the hands of the receiver,# 85,and bounced off of his shoulder pads or face mask up into the air and was intercepted. It should have been caught and it should have been a completion. Joe Montana or Troy Aikman could not have made a better pass in that situation. It was right there to be caught. 100% the fault of the receiver,NOT the fault of Romo.

* 3rd Interception : This looked like a fumble to me. Anyway,the blame for this goes to the right guard,# 73. The defender beat the right guard as badly as possible. My 85 year old grandfather might as well have been playing right guard on that play. The result could not have possibly been any worse (barring an injury). I put the blame for this turn-over 100 % on the right guard. Everyone loves to blame Romo but,they never seem to hold role players such as the right guard (in this case) responsible for anything. This guy is supposed to be a professional and needs to be held accountable for his performance or lack there of. He will be by the coaching staff. You can't let an interior defensive lineman totally free like that. Romo was trying to make a play and did not see the guy coming in from behind him. The defender SHOULD NOT have been there at all or @ the very least,he should not have been there that quickly. Once again,this turn-over was not Romo's fault.

* 4th Interception : This one is pretty simple. The receiver,# 19,should have crossed in front of the defensive back. Instead,he ran the route behind the D.B.. The ball was already in the air. I definitely would not blame this on Romo either,unless there is something that I'm not aware of. It seems pretty straight forward and easy to understand to me.

The 5th interception actually WAS Romo's fault. It seemed like he was pressing @ the time and didn't read the coverage correctly or,if he did read it correctly,did not make a good throw in this rare instance out of 42 or 43 pass attempts.

Romo completed 31 out of 43 pass attempts in this game which works out to better than 72% completion percentage - even with the dropped passes,the fumble which was counted as a pass for some reason,and the route running errors by the 2 receivers. 307 yards and a touchdown pass.

For perspective,Romo was @ fault in the game against the Lions last year (along with poor play calling after going ahead by 24 points in the 2nd half).

Romo also got unfair blame for the play-off loss to the Giants in January,2008. That's a game that Dallas most likely would have won if not for a crucial dropped pass by Patrick Crayton. I know dropped passes happen but,sometimes,even the best quarterbacks can't overcome CRUCIAL dropped passes. I reference Wes Welker's dropped pass on the throw from Tom Brady in Super Bowl XLVI .

Romo WAS NOT the culprit this time. Sorry. There's more to the actual story than what is presented on Sports Center.

Date: October 2, 2012 13:12

romo 2012 5 TDs and 8 INTs
sanchez 2012 5 TDs and 4 INTs

knda funny ain't it

Posted by: gimmelittledrink ()
Date: October 2, 2012 17:18

Dallas is lucky their defense is better this year because their offense certainly sucks. Just the opposite of last year.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: October 2, 2012 17:39

Winning Ugly VXII
Romo WAS NOT the culprit this time. Sorry. There's more to the actual story than what is presented on Sports Center.

You must be a big Dallas fan to make this many excuses!
Nice work...it ain't easy is it?

Date: October 2, 2012 18:28

Munichhilton
Winning Ugly VXII

I did not make one excuse. There is no excuse for that nonsense in the fourth regular season game. (This looked like a bad pre-season effort.) I simply pointed out what actually happened & I placed the blame for each individual turnover where it belongs.

The film doesn't lie. People blaming Romo here for more than 1 or 2 of the turnovers either did not watch the game,were not paying close enough attention to what really happened,do not understand football well enough,are too easily influenced by Sports Center,or are biased. It has to be 1 of those 5 possibilities or a combination there of.

Date: October 2, 2012 18:36

Winning Ugly VXII
Munichhilton
Winning Ugly VXII

I did not make one excuse. There is no excuse for that nonsense in the fourth regular season game. (This looked like a bad pre-season effort.) I simply pointed out what actually happened & I placed the blame for each individual turnover where it belongs.

The film doesn't lie. People blaming Romo here for more than 1 or 2 of the turnovers either did not watch the game,were not paying close enough attention to what really happened,do not understand football well enough,are too easily influenced by Sports Center,or are biased. It has to be 1 of those 5 possibilities or a combination there of.

Uh... I watched the game... and posted here as I did.

I would have thought Dallas fans would be leading the lynch mob to hang em (Romo) high. Being a QB in the NFL is not an easy task. Just ask a guy named Drew Bledsoe, he was pretty good too.... just not good enough. Romo is pretty good, just not good enough. Soemtimes it just does not work out and it is time to move on.

I watched the whole game last night and Romo threw some great passes to the other team. The game was not out of hand until his gift (that one thing you called a fumble) was returned for a TD... that was when I stuck a fork in him. This is not a one game issue with Romo. He just does not have what it takes to be an Super Bowl winning QB... and that goes back to watching him for years. In a clinch he fails. He has had his chances... He is done.... and I am not really the one saying that today... Jerry Jones probably is.... but I have not watched any sports today, so maybe not, maybe good ole Jerry is standing by Romo... but I doubt it.

The game was not out of hand when he presented the ball to the otehr team, and they ran it back 70 yards for a TD...then it out of hand.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-02 18:40 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: October 2, 2012 18:59

Like I said,# 73,the right guard was at fault for that. Watch the replay if you don't believe me. 9 times out of 10 Romo makes a positive play when a defender breaks free. He's probably the best in the league at that,largely because he doesn't give up on the play(s) and keeps his eyes down field. It's not always going to work out that way on a broken play. In this instance,he did not see the guy behind him. The defender should not have been there that quickly. I don't understand why the right guard gets a free pass when he clearly screwed up and was beaten badly.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 41

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1477
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home