Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 41
Re: ot- NFL 2012
Date: October 10, 2012 15:18

Edith Grove
keefriffhard4life
dumbeset

Well, you're a techy guy, or so you say.

You might want to invest in a good spell-checker. grinning smiley

since when did this site include a spell check option? i typed that very quickly as i was getting ready to leave work at 7:00am. sorry if i hit an extra key and didn't notice after being awake all night

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: October 10, 2012 16:01

keefriffhard4life
Edith Grove
keefriffhard4life
dumbeset

Well, you're a techy guy, or so you say.

You might want to invest in a good spell-checker. grinning smiley

since when did this site include a spell check option? i typed that very quickly as i was getting ready to leave work at 7:00am. sorry if i hit an extra key and didn't notice after being awake all night

Add "lack of sense of humor" to your shortcomings. eye rolling smiley

Date: October 10, 2012 16:07

stupidguy2
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Oh yeah, Keefriffhard4life, I was at the record breaking game last night. I am convinced it was the loudest thing I've ever heard. The NFL nor Katrina have anything to do with that, it's simply the Who Dat Nation enjoying life. Any sports fan with a bone of maturity in them knows the NFL didn't hand New Orleans a Super Bowl but the NFL certainly handed the Saints the biggest bowl of bullshit in the history of the game this year for something that has yet to be proven.

Fortunately, the people of New Orleans and the surrounding region know a lot about dealing with hardship etc so the NFL black eye is only that. It's just a game. A lot of people in this country bitched about the city and how could New Orleans deserve to have their team back before the people moved back and why would they have Carnival (which a lot of people ignorantly think it is called Mardi Gras the whole time, which it's not) and wah wah wah - the same smart ass people that run their ignorant mouths about New Orleans and Katrina that live all over the country come here to get stupid drunk and puke all over the place while spending their stupid money and they LOVE IT.

Yet they bitch about fixing the city up.

You come down here and see how everyone is and how life is celebrated here and then make a judgement. Do that and maybe you'll stop sounding/reading like you're a sore loser that has absolutely nothing good to say about a city you know nothing about. And I don't mean what you can read on Google about it.

Not the Katrina/woe-is-us card again. I sympathize with people less fortunate and who were affected by Katrina, but don't be bringing football into this.
The Saints rode that sympathy train and its time to stop making excuses. Im sick of hearing about all the 'adversity' the Saints had had to endure. Adversity is not getting caught for something they were getting away with.... They were putting bounties on athletes. Its illegal. Own up to that dirty little truth.
These athletes are not New Orleans. They were drafted to play there.
The Saints are no longer underdogs and they now sit at the grownups table. Get over it.

Did I say anything about Katrina, sympathy train or excuses regarding the Saints? Some of y'all just love to shit on LA for some reason. I talked about the region and how a lot of stupid whining bitching US citizens love to come down here, to New Orleans, and piss and vomit all over everything and then go home. There was no Katrina sympathy train with the Saints. Do you remember where they played that year? It was matter of factly done. There's more than Katrina in terms of hardship. It was not just about Katrina, not 'woe is us'. Some people just need to keep their mouths shut - they keep letting their flies out all over. Goodell still can't and never will prove anything on the players with intent to injure ie "bounty". He can say what he wants (and see what he wants) because he was given that power.

Date: October 10, 2012 16:09

keefriffhard4life
Edith Grove
keefriffhard4life
hey you dumbass bitch. why did you leave out the rest of the quote from stupidguy2 were he say lots of things i've been saying?

Because it was only my intent to point out to stupidguy2 that he hasn't been following the thread closely enough to understand what this argument is all about.

I don't believe stupidguy2 has the unmitigated hatred for New Orleans and it's people like you obviously do, so it doesn't matter much to me how he feels about specific issues.

You really need to pay better attention, kiddo. You've embarrassed yourself again.

who dat? the dumbeset and most ignorant fanbase of any sports franchise

You have a funny way of spelling J-E-T-S.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: October 10, 2012 16:34

I'm seeing some very unsportsmanlike conduct in this thread.

5 yards

Date: October 10, 2012 16:44

Munichhilton
I'm seeing some very unsportsmanlike conduct in this thread.

5 yards

I don't see offsetting penalties here so it must be against the offense.

Date: October 10, 2012 16:56

currently under review

Date: October 10, 2012 17:13

Munichhilton
currently under review

Are we using replacement refs ?

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: October 10, 2012 22:11

I wonder if the objective is to get the thread closed?
Because carrying on like it is a political thread will get that done.

Date: October 10, 2012 22:38

Max'sKansasCity

It will only get shut down if someone cries to BV about it.

I'd be surprised if BV even looks at this thread.

Date: October 10, 2012 22:49

Edith Grove
Max'sKansasCity

cool... well lets hope neither happen...
It would be a shame if sports threads became... well you know the deal.

Date: October 10, 2012 22:55

Max'sKansasCity
Edith Grove
Max'sKansasCity

Don't be so Doomy & Gloomy, will ya ? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: October 10, 2012 22:57

Edith Grove
Max'sKansasCity
Edith Grove
Max'sKansasCity

Don't be so Doomy & Gloomy, will ya ? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

BUT... BUT.... THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!! THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!

winking smiley

Date: October 10, 2012 23:26

After review. The thread will stand. Please reset the play clock.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: October 11, 2012 04:15

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
stupidguy2
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Oh yeah, Keefriffhard4life, I was at the record breaking game last night. I am convinced it was the loudest thing I've ever heard. The NFL nor Katrina have anything to do with that, it's simply the Who Dat Nation enjoying life. Any sports fan with a bone of maturity in them knows the NFL didn't hand New Orleans a Super Bowl but the NFL certainly handed the Saints the biggest bowl of bullshit in the history of the game this year for something that has yet to be proven.

Fortunately, the people of New Orleans and the surrounding region know a lot about dealing with hardship etc so the NFL black eye is only that. It's just a game. A lot of people in this country bitched about the city and how could New Orleans deserve to have their team back before the people moved back and why would they have Carnival (which a lot of people ignorantly think it is called Mardi Gras the whole time, which it's not) and wah wah wah - the same smart ass people that run their ignorant mouths about New Orleans and Katrina that live all over the country come here to get stupid drunk and puke all over the place while spending their stupid money and they LOVE IT.

You come down here and see how everyone is and how life is celebrated here and then make a judgement. Do that and maybe you'll stop sounding/reading like you're a sore loser that has absolutely nothing good to say about a city you know nothing about. And I don't mean what you can read on Google about it.

Not the Katrina/woe-is-us card again. I sympathize with people less fortunate and who were affected by Katrina, but don't be bringing football into this.
The Saints rode that sympathy train and its time to stop making excuses. Im sick of hearing about all the 'adversity' the Saints had had to endure. Adversity is not getting caught for something they were getting away with.... They were putting bounties on athletes. Its illegal. Own up to that dirty little truth.
The Saints are no longer underdogs and they now sit at the grownups table. Get over it.

Did I say anything about Katrina, sympathy train or excuses regarding the Saints? Some of y'all just love to shit on LA for some reason. I talked about the region and how a lot of stupid whining bitching US citizens love to come down here, to New Orleans, and piss and vomit all over everything and then go home. There was no Katrina sympathy train with the Saints. Do you remember where they played that year? It was matter of factly done. There's more than Katrina in terms of hardship. It was not just about Katrina, not 'woe is us'. Some people just need to keep their mouths shut - they keep letting their flies out all over. Goodell still can't and never will prove anything on the players with intent to injure ie "bounty". He can say what he wants (and see what he wants) because he was given that power.

whaaa-whaaa-whaaa.....
The Saints got busted. It has nothing to do with the city of New Orleans. The players, coaches got busted. That's it.
And I live in Houston, travel to LA occasionally - lovely place, lovely people...but the Saints probably have more bandwagon fans than any team in the NFL. Were you wearing that black and gold in the 70s, 80s, 90s...?
Hell no.

Date: October 11, 2012 04:24

At some point will someone please be the bigger man, and not reply back... is it possible to let it go?

Date: October 11, 2012 05:59

stupidguy2
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
stupidguy2
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

whaaa-whaaa-whaaa.....
The Saints got busted. It has nothing to do with the city of New Orleans. The players, coaches got busted. That's it.
And I live in Houston, travel to LA occasionally - lovely place, lovely people...but the Saints probably have more bandwagon fans than any team in the NFL. Were you wearing that black and gold in the 70s, 80s, 90s...?
Hell no.

You have been suspended for a year for your bounty on Saints fans and citizens of Louisiana.

Date: October 11, 2012 06:01

Max'sKansasCity
At some point will someone please be the bigger man, and not reply back... is it possible to let it go?

You started the damn thing.

Date: October 11, 2012 06:02

Munichhilton
Max'sKansasCity

Put a finger in it?

Date: October 11, 2012 06:08

Munichhilton
Max'sKansasCity

Not stop the whole thread, just stop the inane back and forth about the Saints.

Date: October 11, 2012 06:11

No one even stopped for a moment to pay respects to Mongo. [espn.go.com]

NFL great Alex Karras dies
DETROIT -- Alex Karras was one of the NFL's most feared defensive tackles throughout the 1960s, a player who hounded quarterbacks and bulled past opposing linemen.

And yet, to many people he will always be the lovable dad from the 1980s sitcom "Webster" or the big cowboy who famously punched out a horse in "Blazing Saddles."

The rugged player, who anchored the Detroit Lions' defense and then made a successful transition to an acting career with a stint along the way as a commentator on "Monday Night Football," died Wednesday. He was 77.

Karras had recently suffered kidney failure and been diagnosed with dementia. The Lions also said he had suffered from heart disease and, for the past two years, stomach cancer. He died at home in Los Angeles surrounded by family members, said Craig Mitnick, Karras' attorney.

"Perhaps no player in Lions history attained as much success and notoriety for what he did after his playing days as did Alex," Lions president Tom Lewand said.

His death also will be tied to the NFL's conflict with former players over concussions. Karras in April joined the more than 3,500 football veterans suing the league for not protecting them better from head injuries, immediately becoming one of the best-known names in the legal fight. Mitnick said the family had not yet decided whether to donate Karras' brain for study, as other families have done.

Born in Gary, Ind., Karras starred for four years at Iowa. Detroit drafted Karras with the 10th overall pick in 1958, and he was a four-time All-Pro defensive tackle over 12 seasons with the franchise.

He was the heart of the Lions' defensive line, terrorizing quarterbacks for years. The Lions handed the powerful 1962 Green Bay Packers their only defeat that season, a 26-14 upset on Thanksgiving during which they harassed quarterback Bart Starr constantly.

Packers guard Jerry Kramer wrote in his diary of the 1967 season about his trepidation over having to play Karras.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-11 06:19 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: October 11, 2012 06:12

Max'sKansasCity
Munichhilton
Max'sKansasCity

Not stop the whole thread, just stop the inane back and forth about the Saints.

And the Jets or whatever that team is in "New York".

Date: October 11, 2012 06:48

jets are the only nfl team to win a superbowl while actually playing in new york. they played home games in shea stadium until the giants built their stadium that was just torn down 2 years ago

Date: October 11, 2012 06:55

keefriffhard4life
jets are the only nfl team to win a superbowl while actually playing in new york. they played home games in shea stadium until the giants built their stadium that was just torn down 2 years ago

That's so... 300 years ago.

Date: October 11, 2012 07:23

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
keefriffhard4life

oh well the jets have 1 superbowl win, the saints have 1 superbowl win. luckily superbowl 3 was named the 2nd most important game in nfl history by espn classic

Posted by: doubledoor ()
Date: October 11, 2012 08:54

Way too much about the Jets..Tebow (meaningless) and Saints (Maybe next year) on this thread. The NFL will all be about the team that started it all long ago this year. THE BEARS. So start getting with the program. With em or against them, that is where its at.

Date: October 15, 2012 02:01

Oh the NFL... its a long season... and now the play clock breaks.

Date: October 15, 2012 02:51

every team in the AFC EAST is 3-3. its wide open. each team looks good 1 week and bad the next although the patriots look the most consistant.

jets demolish the colts

Date: October 15, 2012 03:13

keefriffhard4life
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
keefriffhard4life

oh well the jets have 1 superbowl win, the saints have 1 superbowl win. luckily superbowl 3 was named the 2nd most important game in nfl history by espn classic

Technically the third Super Bowl was the first Super Bowl, the Jets win, since, as you recall, it was retroactively called the Super Bowl for AFL-NFL championship games 1 and 2. And for whatever INANE reason they use stupid Roman numerals instead of regular numbers. Who they hell wants to go around saying 'Oh man, SB ex-eye-vee-vee was awesome'?

Date: October 15, 2012 03:20

MIA beat STL. Not a huge surprise.

ATL barely beat OAK.

DET beat PHIL? I figured that would be a 0-0 tie.

NYJ beat IND? BUF beat ARZ? SEA beat NE!!?? NYG beat SF!!??

What the HELL is going on?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 41

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1574
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home