Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5051525354555657585960Next
Current Page: 56 of 60
Re: GRRR! The Rolling Stones
Date: September 28, 2012 04:12

Somebody uploaded a video on Youtube, where you can see how the Grrr! gorilla animation looks like on a smartphone, when you use the app to scan the cover. Maybe some people without smartphones (like me) want to take a look? The animation is followed by "Satisfaction" and some pictures of the band, the end is missing.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: September 28, 2012 04:21

StrawberriesBlueberries
Somebody uploaded a video on Youtube, where you can see how the Grrr! gorilla animation looks like on a smartphone, when you use the app to scan the cover. Maybe some people without smartphones (like me) want to take a look? The animation is followed by "Satisfaction" and some pictures of the band, the end is missing.

I do... Thank you very much SB smiling smiley I was curious

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: September 28, 2012 04:29

Thank you StrawberriesBlueberries, very thoughtful of you.smiling smiley

Date: September 28, 2012 04:36

No problem! So... do you think he pronounces "Grrr!" correctly in the video? winking smiley

Date: September 28, 2012 04:49

StrawberriesBlueberries
No problem! So... do you think he pronounces "Grrr!" correctly in the video? winking smiley
Kind of... but I didnt expect him to have an English accent.

Date: September 28, 2012 04:54

Max'sKansasCity
StrawberriesBlueberries
Kind of... but I didnt expect him to have an English accent.

Well, the Stones are an English band, of course they chose an English gorilla consequentially. I heard that's why King Kong didn't get the role during the casting.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-28 05:13 by StrawberriesBlueberries.

Date: September 28, 2012 05:24

Rocket88
[en.wikipedia.org]!

Wikipedia just changed the track listing yet again...the third time today!

I guess we'll have to wait a little while longer smiling smiley

I'm sorry. I'll quit monkeying with wikipedia.

Date: September 28, 2012 05:25

treaclefingers
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
treaclefingers
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
thabo
What a huge dissapointment why didn't they go for the more obscure but brilliant songs like

don't Wanna be your Slave

Etc etc, there are so many brilliant Stones songs why the hell would they come with a re-issue of "the greates hits" AGAIN?

Because there isn't a song called 'don't Wanna be your Slave'?

You stand corrected:

No need to thank me.

I won't.

But you'd like to, admit it.

Admit what? I don't like fishsticks.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: September 28, 2012 10:48

If the latest track listing is correct - why isn't I Wanna be your Man on there ? Their 2nd. single,a top twenty hit, with probably the 1st slide guitar solo ever heard in England. If it's because of royalties, I can no longer comprehend the level of Mick and Keith's greed..............disgusting.

Still the worst title/ artwork concept ever IMHO.

sc uk

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: September 28, 2012 18:29

me likee that gorilla.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 28, 2012 21:34

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
treaclefingers
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
treaclefingers
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
thabo
What a huge dissapointment why didn't they go for the more obscure but brilliant songs like

Etc etc, there are so many brilliant Stones songs why the hell would they come with a re-issue of "the greates hits" AGAIN?

You stand corrected:

No need to thank me.

I won't.

HA! You admitted it! You don't like fishsticks and you admitted it!

Who doesn't like fish sticks? They're rectangular, boneless, crunchy, healthy, and oh so tasty!

EDIT: The Surgeon General has in fact stated there is no nutritional value to fish sticks. I stand corrected.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-29 00:31 by treaclefingers.

Date: September 29, 2012 01:52

treaclefingers
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
treaclefingers
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
treaclefingers
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
thabo

You stand corrected:

No need to thank me.

I won't.

Who doesn't like fish sticks? They're rectangular, boneless, crunchy, healthy, and oh so tasty!

EDIT: The Surgeon General has in fact stated there is no nutritional value to fish sticks. I stand corrected.

You know what is awesome? malt vinegar on fish and chips.

Date: September 29, 2012 01:56

Max'sKansasCity
treaclefingers
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
treaclefingers
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
treaclefingers
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
thabo

You stand corrected:

No need to thank me.

I won't.

you know what, you're right, malt vinegar is TOTALLY awesome on fish and chips, or as the french say, 'poisson & french fries'.

Date: September 29, 2012 01:58

treaclefingers
Max'sKansasCity
treaclefingers
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
treaclefingers
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
treaclefingers
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
thabo

You stand corrected:

No need to thank me.

I won't.

you know what, you're right, malt vinegar is TOTALLY awesome on fish and chips, or as the french say, 'poisson & french fries'.

And suddenly I am struck by intense hunger... for malt vinegar on fish... bye!

Date: September 29, 2012 02:09

Max'sKansasCity
treaclefingers
Max'sKansasCity
treaclefingers
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
treaclefingers
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
treaclefingers
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
thabo

You stand corrected:

No need to thank me.

I won't.

And suddenly I am struck by intense hunger... for malt vinegar on fish... bye!

I was starving myself...I just snarfed down a half a big bag of chips. My fingers and face feel greasy.

Date: September 29, 2012 04:49

Interesting to see this thread is getting into StupidHeavy numbers...

Posted by: stones40 ()
Date: September 29, 2012 17:46

GRRR is likely to be a massive flop as the mast majority of songs are covered in Hot Rocks & 40 Licks which most fans already have.
As 40 licks sold over 1.0m copies in the UK and Hot Rocks over 10.0m world wide there is unlikely to be any real sales interest in GRRR.
The Stones are going thru the motions with the record deal they have with Universal to try and keep them happy.
Hopefully they will release Doom & Gloom & One Last Shot as a single which if so then i will buy but not GRRR.
To pay £100.00 for the alleged 80 song version is daylight robbery especially as the track listings for the other 30 tracks are not yet available.
As far as going back on the road the Stones need 2 weeks full rehearsal time plus 5/6 concerts before they are back in the groove.
At their advanced age plus the money they have already accumulated can't see where the motivation to perform again will come from and A Bigger Bang which finished in 2007 may indeed be the last time.

Date: September 29, 2012 17:55

No Stones compilation will ever sell the amount that Hot Rocks has sold, which, if those numbers are correct, Hot Rocks was bought by 5 million people. Pre-SoundScan sales were estimated on orders. Albums were certified before they even sold that amount. Yet with Hot Rocks I would tend to believe that it's been bought by considerbly more than 5 million people since the beginning of the third week of December of 1971.

Date: September 29, 2012 18:22

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
No Stones compilation will ever sell the amount that Hot Rocks has sold, which, if those numbers are correct, Hot Rocks was bought by 5 million people. Pre-SoundScan sales were estimated on orders. Albums were certified before they even sold that amount. Yet with Hot Rocks I would tend to believe that it's been bought by considerbly more than 5 million people since the beginning of the third week of December of 1971.

I had thought it had sold 12 million units. Perhaps they are counting double albums as two? Does anyone know?

Date: September 29, 2012 18:33

treaclefingers
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

I had thought it had sold 12 million units. Perhaps they are counting double albums as two? Does anyone know?

They used to. New double LPs count as one sale now. Meaning, if a band releases a double album now (and since SoundScan started, as I understand it), it counts as one sale. However, vinyl era LPs still count as two, although Exile is counted as one since it's on one CD. Hot Rocks, More Hot Rocks and Love You Live sales are counted as two if one person buys it.

Date: September 29, 2012 23:06

GRRR!

Date: September 29, 2012 23:48

Max'sKansasCity
GRRR!

I can't understand why you keep quoting Axl Rose.

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: September 30, 2012 03:43

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
treaclefingers
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
treaclefingers
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
thabo

You stand corrected:

No need to thank me.

I won't.

well....mick taylor loves fish sticks and ron wood hates them...so who should be in the band NOW eh??.....the choice is obvious....

Date: September 30, 2012 03:46

stones40
GRRR is likely to be a massive flop as the mast majority of songs are covered in Hot Rocks & 40 Licks which most fans already have.
As 40 licks sold over 1.0m copies in the UK and Hot Rocks over 10.0m world wide there is unlikely to be any real sales interest in GRRR.
The Stones are going thru the motions with the record deal they have with Universal to try and keep them happy.
Hopefully they will release Doom & Gloom & One Last Shot as a single which if so then i will buy but not GRRR.
To pay £100.00 for the alleged 80 song version is daylight robbery especially as the track listings for the other 30 tracks are not yet available.
As far as going back on the road the Stones need 2 weeks full rehearsal time plus 5/6 concerts before they are back in the groove.
At their advanced age plus the money they have already accumulated can't see where the motivation to perform again will come from and A Bigger Bang which finished in 2007 may indeed be the last time.

GGGGRRRRR-R or whatever will be in the cut-out bins in record time---faster than Rewind was....and THAT was record time....

Posted by: vermontoffender ()
Date: September 30, 2012 09:30

Here's what I think.
It's almost identical to what you think.
Yet, I feel the need to say it anyway.

Tedious.

Date: September 30, 2012 15:44

What would Tony The Tiger say?

Date: September 30, 2012 16:19

Max'sKansasCity

Are you trying to drag that StupidHeavy's logo into saying something now?

Date: September 30, 2012 16:32

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Max'sKansasCity

Tony would probably not say that, guess again.

Date: September 30, 2012 18:44

Max'sKansasCity
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Max'sKansasCity

Tony would probably not say that, guess again.

Tony The Stupid Heavy logo saying "Grrrrorrible!"?

Date: September 30, 2012 20:41

vermontoffender
Here's what I think.
It's almost identical to what you think.
Yet, I feel the need to say it anyway.

Tedious.

tedious. ooops..you already said that. tedious....aw rats. i already said that...nuts--said that too..geez...lets forget the whole thing....

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5051525354555657585960Next
Current Page: 56 of 60

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2432
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home