Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4546474849505152535455...LastNext
Current Page: 50 of 60
Re: GRRR! The Rolling Stones
Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: September 20, 2012 10:54

The 80's

"Emotional Rescue"
"Dance Pt. 1"
"She's So Cold"

"Start Me Up"
"Waitin' On A Friend"

"Undercover of The Night"
"She Was Hot"

"Harlem Shuffle"

"Mixed Emotions"
"Almost Hear You Sigh"

Comments:

- ten tracks - two/album

- Doxa

Date: September 20, 2012 10:55

DandelionPowderman
Doxa
The 70's

"Brown Sugar"
"Wild Horses"
"Moonlight Mile"

"Tumbling Dice"
"Rocks Off"
"Shine A Light"

"Angie"
"Doo Doo Doo (Heartbreaker)"

"It's Only Rock'n'Roll"
"Time Waits For No One"

"Fool To Cry"
"Hot Stuff"

"Miss You"
"Respectable"
"Beast of Burden"
"Faraway Eyes"
"Shattered"

Comments:
- well.... all together, that's not much, innit? 17 tracks. Seemingly the deal is to be eaqual in teh post ABKCO days
- SOME GIRLS is represented strongly

- Doxa

Where is Happy? Happy was released as the second single from Exile.

Exactly!

- Doxa

Date: September 20, 2012 10:55

It will be heavily edited in places. 23 tracks on one cd???

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-20 10:55 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: September 20, 2012 10:56

Happy IS included. Last track of disc 2 on the 3 disc version. So it must be an error.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-20 10:58 by Blueranger.

Date: September 20, 2012 10:58

The 90's

"Highwire"

"Love is Strong"
"You Got Me Rocking"
"I Go Wild"

"Like A Rolling Stone"

"Anybody Seen My Baby?"
"Saint of Me"

Comments:

- well... VOODOO LOUNGE over-presented
- 7 songs

- Doxa

Date: September 20, 2012 11:01

The 00's

"Don't Stop"

"Streets of Love"

- two tracks... but that's enough I guess grinning smiley

- Doxa

Date: September 20, 2012 11:04

The 10's

"Plundered My Soul"

"Gloom And Doom"
"One Last Shot"

Comments:
- stronger than during the 00's...

- Doxa

Date: September 20, 2012 11:18

Blueranger
Happy IS included. Last track of disc 2 on the 3 disc version. So it must be an error.

On yeah - I was checking just the 80 song version. I thought all the songs would be included there, but seemingly not. Interesting detail that "Happy" didn't make that...

But.. a question arises: why on earth there needs to be so many versions? For different pockets...

For my eyes only the 40 track version sounds somehow a well organized, solid package, the rest starts to look like a mess...

- Doxa

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: September 20, 2012 11:22

I think its an error. I think Happy will be on the 80 track version as well.

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: September 20, 2012 11:22

DandelionPowderman
stonesnow
DandelionPowderman
Doxa
Just a few quick observations concerning the 80 song version.

- covers indeed the whole of their career and tries - and succeeds - to be 'equal', from "Come On" to "Plundered My Soul". That's good, and I think the song selection is rather well representative (well, for that amount of songs it must be...)
- seemingly divided to two different halves: two CDs of most well-known songs and hits, and then the rest less known
- the first two CDs are put in chronological order, but the question arises: why didn't make it properly? Why "Under My Thumb", "Sympathy For The Devil", "We Love You", and especially "Start Me Up" couldn't be placed to their proper places? I don't think that have ruined the aesthetic value of the listening experience.
- having all their early UK singles included - good job!
- some surprising choices: "She Said Yeah", "I'm Free", "I am Waiting". There could have been more, though
- nice that they recognize the value of "Plundered My Soul"
- pretty hard to 'complain' what songs are missing (it goes so subjective) but what stands out is the lack of Keith's tracks. Only' "You Got The Silver"! Where is such an obvious song as "Happy" (a top 20 hit among other things), and I think "How Can I Stop" would have been a good represenative of their latter day greatness. Also "Before They Make Me Run" (with that special mix) wouldn't have hurted. Mick's revange?

- Doxa

Weren't both She Said Yeah and I Am Waiting singles?

This is doubtful, because She Said Yeah is the lead track on the UK version of Out Of Our Heads and I Am Waiting was also on the UK version of Aftermath.

Let me correct myself, I KNOW that She Said Yeah has been released as a single (might have been a re-release, though - see link below), but what about I Am Waiting? I remember a promo performance on TV in the 60s where they played it live.

[itunes.apple.com]

Sorry, I was thinking only of the UK. If She Said Yeah appeared on December's Children, which I think it might have, then it may have seen release as a single either as an A or B side. Don't know about I Am Waiting, though--doesn't seem like Top 40 oriented material. And neither song appears on the Singles Collection: The London Years.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-20 11:24 by stonesnow.

Date: September 20, 2012 11:36

stonesnow
DandelionPowderman
stonesnow
DandelionPowderman
Doxa

- covers indeed the whole of their career and tries - and succeeds - to be 'equal', from "Come On" to "Plundered My Soul". That's good, and I think the song selection is rather well representative (well, for that amount of songs it must be...)
- seemingly divided to two different halves: two CDs of most well-known songs and hits, and then the rest less known
- the first two CDs are put in chronological order, but the question arises: why didn't make it properly? Why "Under My Thumb", "Sympathy For The Devil", "We Love You", and especially "Start Me Up" couldn't be placed to their proper places? I don't think that have ruined the aesthetic value of the listening experience.
- some surprising choices: "She Said Yeah", "I'm Free", "I am Waiting". There could have been more, though
- pretty hard to 'complain' what songs are missing (it goes so subjective) but what stands out is the lack of Keith's tracks. Only' "You Got The Silver"! Where is such an obvious song as "Happy" (a top 20 hit among other things), and I think "How Can I Stop" would have been a good represenative of their latter day greatness. Also "Before They Make Me Run" (with that special mix) wouldn't have hurted. Mick's revange?

- Doxa

This is doubtful, because She Said Yeah is the lead track on the UK version of Out Of Our Heads and I Am Waiting was also on the UK version of Aftermath.

Let me correct myself, I KNOW that She Said Yeah has been released as a single (might have been a re-release, though - see link below), but what about I Am Waiting? I remember a promo performance on TV in the 60s where they played it live.

[itunes.apple.com]

Sorry, I was thinking only of the UK. If She Said Yeah appeared on December's Children, which I think it might have, then it may have seen release as a single either as an A or B side. Don't know about I Am Waiting, though--doesn't seem like Top 40 oriented material. And neither song appears on the Singles Collection: The London Years.

As far I know there are no single relaeses of "I am Waiting" in their 'major' (UK & US) markets. The performance Dandie talks about is probably just to promote AFTERMATH album. They performed it at least in READY STEADY GO (with another non-single song "Under My Thumb"), and is there some other US color version as well where Brian plays hand broken?

And the same goes for "She Said Yeah"; there is a tv performance of that as well, but not a single. NOTHING in those collections is 'definitive' or 'proper' in the sense the songs should be single hits or something like that. There are strong tendencies for that direction, though. I would say both songs - "I am Waiting" and "She Said Yeah" - came out of blue. Not that they are not great songs but rather unprofilic ones.

- Doxa

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 20, 2012 11:42

ROCKMAN

Date: September 20, 2012 11:46

But I need to say that now once seeing the cover and what it contains, all there is left to do is just to hear the new songs. For that the cheapest version will do for me (unless the DVD contains something remarkable).

But damn I hope that the new songs are strong enough for the shortest set to have some lasting value as a representation of their career.

So that's GRRR...as far as I am concerned.

- Doxa

Date: September 20, 2012 11:58

Doxa
stonesnow
DandelionPowderman
stonesnow
DandelionPowderman
Doxa

- Doxa

[itunes.apple.com]

As far I know there are no single relaeses of "I am Waiting" in their 'major' (UK & US) markets. The performance Dandie talks about is probably just to promote AFTERMATH album. They performed it at least in READY STEADY GO (with another non-single song "Under My Thumb"), and is there some other US color version as well where Brian plays hand broken?

And the same goes for "She Said Yeah"; there is a tv performance of that as well, but not a single. NOTHING in those collections is 'definitive' or 'proper' in the sense the songs should be single hits or something like that. There are strong tendencies for that direction, though. I would say both songs - "I am Waiting" and "She Said Yeah" - came out of blue. Not that they are not great songs but rather unprofilic ones.

- Doxa

There is a single smiling smiley

[itunes.apple.com]

EDIT: And both are definitely GRRREAT songs!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-20 12:00 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: September 20, 2012 12:03

GRRReat competition going on now, seemingly: eye rolling smiley

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: claudine ()
Date: September 20, 2012 12:10

Date: September 20, 2012 12:13

DandelionPowderman
Doxa
stonesnow
DandelionPowderman
stonesnow
DandelionPowderman
Doxa

- Doxa

[itunes.apple.com]

- Doxa

[itunes.apple.com]

Okay, now there is a single...grinning smiley

But it could be the case that it was realeased as a single in some part of the world back in the day. And even being a hit in that market - there had been such cases, such as "Walking The Dog" in Australia (If I recall it right), etc..

- Doxa

Date: September 20, 2012 12:16

Doxa
DandelionPowderman
Doxa
stonesnow
DandelionPowderman
stonesnow
DandelionPowderman
Doxa

- Doxa

[itunes.apple.com]

- Doxa

[itunes.apple.com]

Okay, now there is a single...grinning smiley

But it could be the case that it was realeased as a single in some part of the world back in the day. And even being a hit in that market - there had been such cases, such as "Walking The Dog" in Australia (If I recall it right), etc..

- Doxa

Yeah, but remember, it was also featured on December's Children.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 20, 2012 12:31

ROCKMAN

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: September 20, 2012 13:30

does anyone now when a possible new single will be released.. possibly start of November???
jeroen

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: September 20, 2012 14:14

corriecas
does anyone now when a possible new single will be released.. possibly start of November???
jeroen

50 pages about the 50th anniversary release, but no real info, not even a track list

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-20 14:18 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: September 20, 2012 14:27

Max'sKansasCity
corriecas
jeroen

50 pages about the 50th anniversary release, but no real info, not even a track list

tracklist somewhere on page 48 spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: September 20, 2012 14:44

Stoneswolf
Max'sKansasCity
corriecas
jeroen

tracklist somewhere on page 48 spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

I guess that is what happens when a thread become to big to fail and/or gets
"flooded by nonsense, missing / hiding essential information" to quote someone winking smiley

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: September 20, 2012 14:45

claudine

In fact it's pretty damn cool! If you have smartphone try it.
I know some grumpy men here find any mention of the children out of place and annoying, but my kids (14 and 18) like the whole idea very much and they see it as exciting.
  As for me, pointing my device on gorilla I feel like a teenager again.

Date: September 20, 2012 14:53

proudmary

I know some grumpy men here find any mention of the children out of place and annoying, but my kids (14 and 18) like the whole idea very much and they see it as exciting.
thumbs up

Seems to be unanimous this is a hit with the young folks, and that is making the Moms and Dads happy... and that should make Mick happy... and if Mick is Happy... then everyone is happy... or something like that.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: September 20, 2012 14:58

i am not interested in the tracklist!!!
i asked about release of the next single.....
jeroen

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: September 20, 2012 15:03

corriecas
i am not interested in the tracklist!!!
i asked about release of the next single.....
jeroen

I doubt it will be released on single. At least not before long after the album. Otherwise they'd lose a lot of money....

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: September 20, 2012 15:14

Max'sKansasCity
proudmary

thumbs up

Seems to be unanimous this is a hit with the young folks, and that is making the Moms and Dads happy... and that should make Mick happy... and if Mick is Happy... then everyone is happy... or something like that.

smiling smileythumbs up

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 20, 2012 15:15

Doxa

- Doxa

"Happy" appears to be the only song which is on the 3-CD version but NOT on the 4-CD version. Very odd.

As they did with 40 Licks, the track selections on all versions of this release are a 50/50 split between ABKCO and post-ABKCO releases (each release includes the 2 songs - Brown Sugar and Wild Horses - which ABKCO owned but which were released on Rolling stones Records and which regularly pop up on compilations issued by both labels.

All 36 of the 'old' songs (plus 'Dont Stop') which were released on 40 Licks are also available on 'Grrr!'. 30 are replicated on the 2-CD version and 33 on the 3-CD version. There are four songs on the 2-CD version of Grrr! which were only released after 40 Licks (Streets of Love, Plundered My Soul and the two new songs)

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: September 20, 2012 16:00

Was 'Don't Stop' really one of their greatest hits?

I think this calls the integrity of this project into question...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4546474849505152535455...LastNext
Current Page: 50 of 60

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1938
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home