Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5051525354555657585960Next
Current Page: 58 of 60
Re: GRRR! The Rolling Stones
Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: October 3, 2012 20:36

This is gonna be a long year....thanks schillid

Date: October 4, 2012 03:32

Munichhilton

What!? It's October! The end of the year wind down! It's almost over. 2013 is a hop, skip and a faht away!

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: October 4, 2012 04:46

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-11 05:09 by schillid.

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: October 4, 2012 10:10

At the end everyone will like the friendly gorilla. I hope the 2 new songs are worth the waiting. It is very strange that it hasĀ“nt been heard by anyone. It is the secret of the secrets

Date: October 5, 2012 18:00

Did you know that Keith Richards fell out of a coconut tree?

How is that even allowed to continue being repeated? GRRRRRR!!!!!

The band have not toured since their monstrous 2005-2007 A Bigger Bang world tour, which saw Keith Richards fall out of a coconut tree in Fiji, and the band earn an astonishing $558,255,524 - the second highest grossing tour of all time.

[www.mirror.co.uk]

Date: October 5, 2012 18:03

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Munichhilton

What!? It's October! The end of the year wind down! It's almost over. 2013 is a hop, skip and a faht away!

I refer to the Stones fiscal year.
Its only just starting...

Date: October 5, 2012 19:15

Munichhilton
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Munichhilton

I refer to the Stones fiscal year.
Its only just starting...

Fiscal me this fiscal me that, Mick's promises have gone completely flat. GRRRRR.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: October 8, 2012 02:23

are they going to promote this thing (concerts, chat shows, appearances, etc.) or just put it out?

Date: October 8, 2012 22:19

Send It To me
are they going to promote this thing (concerts, chat shows, appearances, etc.) or just put it out?

Mick said we'd be sick of the Stones by the end of the year. It's getting near the middle of the 10th month.

Perhaps what he meant was there'd be a compilation released with the dumbest title ever and that is why we'd be sick of the Stones by the end of the year...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 8, 2012 22:45

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Send It To me

Mick said we'd be sick of the Stones by the end of the year. It's getting near the middle of the 10th month.

Perhaps what he meant was there'd be a compilation released with the dumbest title ever and that is why we'd be sick of the Stones by the end of the year...

Mick prolly didn't even know the name of the compilation at that point...that obviously means he's clairvoyant! smileys with beer

Date: October 8, 2012 23:14

treaclefingers
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Send It To me

Mick prolly didn't even know the name of the compilation at that point...that obviously means he's clairvoyant! smileys with beer

Mick still doesn't know the name.
and remember its the 'fiscal' year skip....'fiscal'.

Posted by: MrHappy ()
Date: October 9, 2012 04:53

Has the official tracklist for the GRRR compilation been released yet, and if not, why not?
Christ, the thing's coming out next month and nobody knows what's on the damn thing? At this point I'll just be happy if there are no edited tracks.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: October 9, 2012 05:35

MrHappy
Has the official tracklist for the GRRR compilation been released yet, and if not, why not?
Christ, the thing's coming out next month and nobody knows what's on the damn thing? At this point I'll just be happy if there are no edited tracks.

Look around on pages 49-50 of this thread.. it got kind of buried in the our silliness.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-09 06:33 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: claudine ()
Date: October 9, 2012 10:40

Please allow me to introduce myself, my name is GRRRegory

[twitter.com]

Posted by: superrevvy ()
Date: October 9, 2012 16:12

official track listings

[www.rollingstones.com]

but when do you think they'll announce the super dooper deluxe edition with all
the unreleased things?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-09 16:13 by superrevvy.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: October 9, 2012 16:59

"BONUS CD OF PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED FIRST EVER STUDIO RECORDINGS"

????

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 9, 2012 17:25

superrevvy
official track listings

[www.rollingstones.com]

but when do you think they'll announce the super dooper deluxe edition with all
the unreleased things?

Wow, thanks for the listing...the bonus discs are very cool.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 9, 2012 22:05

KRiffhard

????

Yes they are. Of the 'classic' original six piece line up anyway (recorded March 1963).

They did do a 3-song demo in October 1962, but that pre-dated Bill and Charlie joining the band.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: October 10, 2012 00:08

Why is Streets of love out of chronological order on the 3 cd version ?

Damm it ! I wasn't gonna buy,but I've got to have that bonus cd and vinyl !confused smiley

sc uk

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-10 00:09 by straycatuk.

Posted by: plusplusjames ()
Date: October 10, 2012 04:06

Just seen on band website: Doom And Gloom will be available on Thursday, October 11th. This will be 50% of all new tracks to be released in 2012. Jeez!

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: October 10, 2012 04:24

KRiffhard

????

It's on the website.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: October 10, 2012 09:28

Great that they are releasing the IBC demos and BBC tracks. Not good that it's only part of silly super dooper collection.

Though I think this is a sign that a Stones at the Beeb set might appear at some point in nearish future. thumbs up

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-10 09:37 by His Majesty.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 10, 2012 09:58

His Majesty
Great that they are releasing the IBC demos and BBC tracks. Not good that it's only part of silly super dooper collection.

Though I think this is a sign that a Stones at the Beeb set might appear at some point in nearish future. thumbs up

Yeah, actually this fall is almost a dream come true to Brian Jones era fans. These historical recordings with the CHARLIE IS MY DARLING live album (as the extended film itself) is a nice compensation for being (most likely) ignored in bootleg archives series. The only problem is the stuff is basically aimed to 'item collectors', but let us hope they also be available (soon) in less expensive formats.

Actually I have high hopes for the CHARLIE IS MY DARLING (why that one has not a sticky thread?) live album. It seemingly is an extended version of British EP of GOT LIVE IF YOU WANT that I think is actually their best (prior archive releases) official live recording only next to GET YER YA-YA'S OUT!. It captures the band in live surroundings incredibly well - the problem they seem to have since YA-YA'S (in transforming the feeling of actual live show to a record). I hope that they could have improved the messy sound of the original EP, which I think is possible thanks to modern technology.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-10 10:01 by Doxa.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: October 10, 2012 10:06

I'm wondering if they're going to push the Bootleg Series aside for now until all their Christmas goodies are out there.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 10, 2012 10:23

24FPS
I'm wondering if they're going to push the Bootleg Series aside for now until all their Christmas goodies are out there.

That's a good question -. even though they did release BRUSSELS AFFAIR (totally out of blue, remember!) around the same time as SOME GIRLS BONUS/LIVE IN TEXAS.

Anyway, I think they purposively released the best stuff first when there was no other stuff in the market. Thinking especially of HAMPTON 81 and LA FRIDAY. If we look at the reaction here (a very good indication of very audience of these releases) the fuzz around TOKIO 90 seemed to fade away almost immediately when the bootleg was relaesed, and no one seems to talk talk about it any longer (I personally gave it one listening and then put it into my archives). The idea of that 2005 show seemed to be killed before it was even released (but I guess we will have it later). My guess at the moment is that they will complete the Bootleg Series as they promised, but it won't make much difference now. Unless they come out with some really hot show from their heyday. But, like said, I think they have used their best bullets already.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-10 10:24 by Doxa.

Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: October 10, 2012 23:34

Can't see a reason not to release a 60's show. Hawaii '66?

Date: October 11, 2012 19:13

straycatuk
Why is Streets of love out of chronological order on the 3 cd version ?

Damm it ! I wasn't gonna buy,but I've got to have that bonus cd and vinyl !confused smiley

sc uk

None of the discs have all the songs in chronological order. Makes zero sense to me but whatever. Perhaps they have it listed wrong, just as the site says "The Harlem Shuffle".

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: October 12, 2012 03:47

........................... They're GRRR!

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: October 12, 2012 03:51

Max'sKansasCity

i could be wrong about this but--did'nt alexis korners' band do 'i've got a tiger in my tank'?...believe it or not i think i have it on an old blues LP compilation from the 1980's.....hmmmmmmm...must look that one up when i get home....anyone?

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: October 12, 2012 08:46

lunar!!!
Max'sKansasCity

i could be wrong about this but--did'nt alexis korners' band do 'i've got a tiger in my tank'?...believe it or not i think i have it on an old blues LP compilation from the 1980's.....hmmmmmmm...must look that one up when i get home....anyone?

Don't know, but Muddy Waters does it on "Live At Newport".

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5051525354555657585960Next
Current Page: 58 of 60

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1345
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home