Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 16
Re: Toronto 2005, Light the Fuse...Is this the new release from the Bootleg series?
Posted by: keith56 ()
Date: June 1, 2012 16:17

well, Toronto 1995, without me, i'll wait the next one.

Re: Toronto 2005, Light the Fuse...Is this the new release from the Bootleg series?
Posted by: keith56 ()
Date: June 1, 2012 16:23

Oops sorry Toronto 2005 and not Toronto 1995..But i'll wait the next one too

Posted by: HighwireC ()
Date: June 1, 2012 16:27

keith56
Oops sorry Toronto 2005 and not Toronto 1995..But i'll wait the next one too

Toronto 2015 ... ?

smoking smiley

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: June 1, 2012 16:37

Thank God it's not from the 80's

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: June 1, 2012 16:43

this was talked in "ANY NEWS" topic.
Seems correct

JUNE 2 = CHARLIE's birthday.// a day for releasing a BOOT smiling bouncing smiley

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: HighwireC ()
Date: June 1, 2012 16:43

More Hot Rocks
Thank God it's not from the 80's

Think, Toronto 1985 would have been a nice one ... smoking smiley

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 1, 2012 16:46

It's kind of hard to get excited about shows from an era that is well documented on DVD. I kind of thought the spirit was to illuminate well known boots in a higher quality. I would definitely pass on this one, enjoy the many 'lovely things' we've already received, and hope that the August release is more tasty.

Date: June 1, 2012 16:55

We should not forget that even on this board, amongst the hard core fans, the BB-tour was voted as the all time best Stones-tour.

I bet they know that very well, and that's why they had to include a show from that tour, imo.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: June 1, 2012 17:05

Ho.

Hum.

Posted by: Stones Blah ()
Date: June 1, 2012 17:07

Even if it's not the show you hoped for I still think for a full show with really good sound quality it would be hard to pass up. Not to mention the low cost. Remember how much boots used to cost and many of them left much to be desired sound wise. I just hope they continue to release more shows.

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: June 1, 2012 17:28

Good choice...I'm looking forward to listen to 19NB and Infamy.

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: June 1, 2012 17:35

Excellent KR's posing on the Marley's song. Only at the end he semms to play some decent 1-chord rythm pattern

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: June 1, 2012 17:46

If this is the new release then that pretty much guarantees that they won't be releasing the El Mocambo show anytime soon. Maybe never.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: June 1, 2012 17:58

I was at that show and let me tell ya, it was F**KING GREAT!
Even aside from the fact that being in a club with a beer in your hand watching the Stones from 20 feet away would bias a person.

The crowd ate up Get Up, Stand Up for what it's worth (the place got thick with weed smoke on that tune) but I will never forget Keith ablsobultely f**king slaying Jumping Jack Flash.
So loud and so awesome. No posing, just major riffhard magic. 19th Nervous Breakdown came off way better than later attempts on that tour. I rate it as a better performance than the Palais Royale and that was pretty freaking awesome too.
I'm really excited to hear this again. You may be pleasantly surprised.

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: June 1, 2012 18:11

andrewt stop exciting me with these loud promised guitars

grinning smiley

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: June 1, 2012 18:16

I wanna London showangry smiley

Posted by: skunx ()
Date: June 1, 2012 18:25

I think this is going to be kick-ass... they wouldn't releaese a bland half ass performance, especially something recent... they know it would get slammed by critics and hardcore fans.

Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: June 1, 2012 18:30

DOPE!

Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: June 1, 2012 18:45

Glad to see a little enthusiasm being shown for the potential release. Personally I am excited to hear it, and as another poster stated, they would release a poorly-done performance. They have hundreds of recorded shows to choose from, so there must be something about this one that they considered it noteworthy enough to warrant an official release.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: June 1, 2012 18:45

24FPS
It's kind of hard to get excited about shows from an era that is well documented on DVD. I kind of thought the spirit was to illuminate well known boots in a higher quality. I would definitely pass on this one, enjoy the many 'lovely things' we've already received, and hope that the August release is more tasty.

The band that started off the ABB tour and the band that ended the ABB tour were two different bands and a lot had happened in between with what eventually was captured in those DVDs. We are looking at a relatively healthy Keith coming off the Licks tour and ready to go on this new tour so we should be in for a nice snapshot of the band before everything was lost forever (Shine A Light, in particular).

I'm looking forward to it and there's no reason to assume it won't be just as good as any of the other releases, they've showed no signs of releasing any clunkers. The performances can still be amazing on this release and people here will still crap on it just because it wasn't a vintage release. It's the Stones...it's the vaults..I'll take it.

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: June 1, 2012 22:02

I’m not a big fan of stones live after ’78, but I’m glad to see that their focusing on having (what seems to be) their entire history represented within the boot format. If the next one is from the ABB tour, it hopefully means that they intend to release more than 6 bootlegs. The only sad thing is that one has to wait two months for the next one –how about St. Louis ’72drinking smiley
Anyway, I'm excited to hear the mix of Toronto 2005, it might not be as slick as the official releases from the Vegas era. Maybe more guitars...

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: June 1, 2012 22:23

Too bad they don't release the DVD on a torrent for a small charge too
That is excellent quality!!

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: June 1, 2012 23:09

This period has already been very well documented, and I cannot imagine why they think this is the best thing to put out now, unless they simply do not have quality recordings of shows from earlier periods like 1971, 72, El Mocambo, etc.

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: June 1, 2012 23:17

They really seem to have done their homework on these series of boots.
Brussels Affair, LA 75 and Hampton 81 are very popular amongst the die hard Stones fans and now they're releasing a show that has never been circulated. I can't complain and the setlist looks great.
Bring them all on!

Date: June 2, 2012 00:25

GUSU is pretty good. Charlie does his own reggae type drumming. He doesn't make the mistake to overdo it, and start hitting cymbals only on the odd beats, but e.g at 4:01 he shows what he is up to.
But right at that same time point Jagger is really flat. Jagger is rarely that flat.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: June 2, 2012 00:30

toomuchforme
andrewt stop exciting me with these loud promised guitars

grinning smiley

This may not be much to go by but---telecaster on, head down & rocking!
Shot from about where I was standing but not by me. And yeah, it was LOUD!

Date: June 2, 2012 01:13

Justin
24FPS

The band that started off the ABB tour and the band that ended the ABB tour were two different bands and a lot had happened in between with what eventually was captured in those DVDs. We are looking at a relatively healthy Keith coming off the Licks tour and ready to go on this new tour so we should be in for a nice snapshot of the band before everything was lost forever (Shine A Light, in particular).

I saw them twice, in 2005 and at the end in 2006 in America. Excellent shows. But again, well documented. And we've got Get Up, Stand Up, and Mr. Pitiful as bonus material on The Biggest Bang. There's just not enough ooomph there, especially sinc the preceeding boot releases were so marvelous. Maybe this is for the younger fans, who may not be as judgmental about the Stones sound. I can hardly take Daryll's thudding bass on some songs. And that's my problem.

I'm looking forward to it and there's no reason to assume it won't be just as good as any of the other releases, they've showed no signs of releasing any clunkers. The performances can still be amazing on this release and people here will still crap on it just because it wasn't a vintage release. It's the Stones...it's the vaults..I'll take it.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: June 2, 2012 01:23

Will be a nice release I'd personally rather have the Licks warm-up show but oh well.

Date: June 2, 2012 04:27

You can tell the lack of enthusiasm by the very few responses. It's like, Toronto 2005, huh? Ehhh.

Posted by: GOO ()
Date: June 2, 2012 04:42

I think it's a good thing

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1649
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home