Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516
Current Page: 16 of 16
Re: Toronto 2005, Light the Fuse...Is this the new release from the Bootleg series?
Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: June 28, 2012 19:02

StonesTod
it's responses like this that keep me deeply involved and committed to the iorr community. where else can one find such commradarie and esprit de corps?

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Re: Toronto 2005, Light the Fuse...Is this the new release from the Bootleg series?
Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: June 28, 2012 19:13

StonesTod
falo01
StonesTod
falo01
RobertJohnson
frankotero
Yes, wonder why there's almost a month delay already for this bootleg. Could it really be the fans complained too much?

I think nowhere it was mentioned that the archive releases would be periodically in a distinct interval.

they said 6 releases within a year and since the first 3 came out every 2nd month it was everybody`s guess that early june will be the release date.

they said, they said. who are they and who cares what they say anyway?

hey dumb ass, if you don`t know the facts, shut up.

it's responses like this that keep me deeply involved and committed to the iorr community. where else can one find such commradarie and esprit de corps?

Maybe in the French Foreign Legion?

Posted by: lamemodem2 ()
Date: June 28, 2012 19:17

StonesTod

The only thing you ever do that makes me laugh is when you get upset at people objecting to you filling threads with tons of nonsense.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: June 28, 2012 19:25

lamemodem2
StonesTod

The only thing you ever do that makes me laugh is when you get upset at people objecting to you filling threads with tons of nonsense.

i'll try to do more of this, then. thank you for your feedback.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: June 28, 2012 21:24

DandelionPowderman
mtaylor
Next release is here:

The Rolling Stones announce the release of Muddy Waters and the Rolling Stones: Live at the Checkerboard Lounge 1981 on 8th July 2012.

Never previously released, the DVD features Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Ronnie Wood and Ian “Stu” Stewart of the Rolling Stones, play with their musical hero Muddy Waters, at his club the Checkerboard Lounge, Chicago in November 1981.

The band were in Illinois about to start a three night residency at the Rosemont Horizon, part of their Tattoo You tour, and spent their rare night off, with the man whose song lyric inspired the band’s name, Buddy Guy (who the Stones last collaborated with for Shine A Light) and Junior Wells.

The DVD has been mixed and mastered by Bob Clearmountain and features DTS Surround Sound, Dolby Digital 5.1 and Dolby Digital Stereo.

TRACK LISTING:

DVD:
1) Sweet Little Angel
2) Flip Flop And Fly
3) Muddy Waters Introduction
4) You Don’t Have To Go
5) Country Boy
6) Baby Please Don’t Go
7) Hoochie Coochie Man
8) Long Distance Call
9) Mannish Boy
10) Got My Mojo Working
11) Next Time You See Me
12) One Eyed Woman
13) Baby Please Don’t Go (Instrumental)
14) Blow Wind Blow
15) Champagne & Reefer

CD:
1) Introduction Instrumental
2) You Don’t Have To Go
3) Baby Please Don’t’ Go
4) Hoochie Coochie Man
5) Long Distance Call
6) Mannish Boy
7) Got My Mojo Working
8) Next Time You See Me
9) One Eyed Woman
10) Blow Wind Blow
11) Champagne & Reefer

Amazon UK Pre-Order
[www.amazon.co.uk]

Amazon USA Pre-Order
[www.amazon.com]

[www.facebook.com]

As beautiful as this release is, it has nothing to do with the Stones Archive releases, though.
It's a Stones release - could be other interesting Stones releases ahead. Don't know how much succes the boot series are!! The number of downloads has fallen quite much since the first Brussles affair release. More fun for hard core fans than the broader public.

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: June 28, 2012 21:54

mtaylor
It's a Stones release - could be other interesting Stones releases ahead. Don't know how much succes the boot series are!! The number of downloads has fallen quite much since the first Brussles affair release. More fun for hard core fans than the broader public.

I would imagine that only Stones fans have the patience (even if they aren't necessarily waiting patiently) to keep up with the Archive project. I'm sure quite a few "casual fans" got Brussels Affair, but probably haven't been checking in every week, over the months, to see if the next one is out. And Hampton/L.A. did not get nearly as much advertising as Brussels. Though that may be on account of Brussels not doing as well as they'd hoped. I don't know.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 29, 2012 00:53

"it's responses like this that keep me deeply involved and committed to the iorr community. where else can one find such commradarie and esprit de corps?"

Well Falo is a Stones heavyweight and he just landed on your back. Yes the "crack" you've heard is your spine breaking in two.

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: June 29, 2012 00:58

They would all sell better if promoted. If they release a box set I think reviews would be brilliant and it would chart.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: June 29, 2012 01:16

It is almost a month since the news of this potential release started to spread. I is supposed to be about the time to speculate the next release.. Something has obviously happened. Anyway, it is likely that the biggest 'hype'for the archive realeses has decreased by now, and the releases from now on will not meet the demand, interest nor the the standard of quality we have been wittnessed so far.

- Doxa

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: June 29, 2012 03:04

They were all mixed and finished before. Why would the quality change?

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 29, 2012 06:16

Well, we're two Thursdays from July 12th. Maybe they'll throw us a nice bone for that milestones.

Date: June 29, 2012 10:27

Maybe they're holding it back for a while, because of the Checkerboard Lounge release?

Date: June 29, 2012 10:55

TeddyB1018
They were all mixed and finished before. Why would the quality change?

I think they released the best ones first, that's all. To maximize the interest towards the whole project. I suppose they have a marketing strategy there - for example, just to think had they relaesed LIGHT THE FUSE first? Would we had been so excited than of BRUSSELS? Now there are other "lovely things" - and who knows what else - happening, so the archive releases project is not so big deal among their possible target audience any longer. More like filling the contract now, and giving it an forced "equal" weight to each era when they 'need' to release something like LIGHT THE FUSE (if they do that)...

- Doxa

Date: June 29, 2012 10:59

DandelionPowderman
Maybe they're holding it back for a while, because of the Checkerboard Lounge release?

But the realese of high profilic SOME GIRLS LIVE IN TEXAS - which I think was a bigger deal than the Muddy thing (and personally easily the best "lovely thing" so far) - didn't seem to bother the release of BRUSSELS AFFAIR.

- Doxa

Date: June 29, 2012 11:04

Doxa
DandelionPowderman

But the realese of high profilic SOME GIRLS LIVE IN TEXAS - which I think was a bigger deal than the Muddy thing (and personally easily the best "lovely thing" so far) - didn't seem to bother the release of BRUSSELS AFFAIR.

- Doxa

True, but maybe they saw that the clash of releases affected the sales?

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: June 29, 2012 11:47

I don't understand how releasing things at the same time could cause poor sales. Downloads and cds are always available. Buy it when you like. Maybe that's why I'm not in businesswinking smiley

Date: June 29, 2012 12:07

frankotero
I don't understand how releasing things at the same time could cause poor sales. Downloads and cds are always available. Buy it when you like. Maybe that's why I'm not in businesswinking smiley

Me neither, but there might be a reason for bands not releasing multiple albums at the same time...

Date: June 29, 2012 14:52

DandelionPowderman
Doxa
DandelionPowderman

- Doxa

Yeah it could be. I suppose TEXAS DVD was a minor disappointment after good sales of LADIES AND GENTS. The point is that there is lots more of money in the film/DVD business, so a cheap alternative might bother that.

But I personally pity the fool who didn't purchase it... just watch it other day and it is f.....n brilliant - the best concert film ever captured! (and once again, I made two new Rolliong Stones fans with it - "I never knew they were such an awesome band". I used to do that by BRUSSELS AFFAIR, now it is this film.).

- Doxa

Date: June 29, 2012 15:20

Doxa
DandelionPowderman
Doxa
DandelionPowderman

- Doxa

Yeah it could be. I suppose TEXAS DVD was a minor disappointment after good sales of LADIES AND GENTS. The point is that there is lots more of money in the film/DVD business, so a cheap alternative might bother that.

But I personally pity the fool who didn't purchase it... just watch it other day and it is f.....n brilliant - the best concert film ever captured! (and once again, I made two new Rolliong Stones fans with it - "I never knew they were such an awesome band". I used to do that by BRUSSELS AFFAIR, now it is this film.).

- Doxa

thumbs up

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: July 1, 2012 16:15

24FPS
Well, we're two Thursdays from July 12th. Maybe they'll throw us a nice bone for that milestones.

Think your on the money.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516
Current Page: 16 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1610
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home