Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 6 of 7
Re: What Is Your Perfect Ending For The Rolling Stones?
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 7, 2015 02:35

They finish this tour, whatever it is, and then don't say anything. And that's it. Just release archival things... let it fade away.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 7, 2015 02:51

blivet
24FPS
But have they added much to their musical legacy that wasn't already set by 2007? Not in my opinion.

You're probably right about the legacy, but I like "Doom and Gloom" better than anything on A Bigger Bang.

Me too, although 'Rough Justice' is a late period classic. But, Doom & Gloom almost doesn't seem like a Stones song, more like a Mick solo cut.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: March 7, 2015 03:05

I also think they are doing it with their continued recent tours....I've had enough joy from this band to last my lifetime.

but while we're dreaming...if they would do another record of 70's style rock with 70's style production I'd be first in line to buy it. Maybe their revisit of SF will remind them how it's done. Otherwise giving birth to a band who could carry on the rock and roll tradition and provide us with a run of new kick ass rock records would do. grinning smiley

peace

Posted by: Gemini ()
Date: March 7, 2015 03:07

It will be over when the breaking news we are all dreading starts coming through... that Mick or Keith have died.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-07 03:07 by Gemini.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 7, 2015 05:47

Gemini
It will be over when the breaking news we are all dreading starts coming through... that Mick or Keith have died.

Or Charlie.

Perhaps, especially Charlie.

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: March 7, 2015 08:24

JumpingKentFlash
The short answer is:
Make a 10 song album with most of it being covers. Then tour and televise the last concert from a mini club in Ealing. Full circle.

I see the potential in this idea, or some semblance of it, but a small club gig would be impossible for most to attend. Therefore, I propose:

A 10 song album of covers for the store shelves, and a massive FREE outdoor show
in London available as a Pay Per View telecast and ultimately a dvd release. They are (or were) a London-based band, and ending it in London would achieve the full circle effect.

In hindsight, their Glastonbury performance is already damn near the perfect ending.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-07 08:25 by StonedInTokyo.

Date: March 7, 2015 08:28

Max'sKansasCity
MightyStonesStillRollin50
We all know that the end is near. Whether it ends next year, or as late as the 50th anniversary of Satisfaction in the summer of 2015, time is running out. So what is your perfect ending for the Rolling Stones? A classic new album? A blockbuster tour? Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor rejoin the band? Jeff Beck joins them on a farewell tour?

I wish people who want the Stones to go away would away themselves right now, end it for yourself. Now, its over for you, wasnt that easy? The Stones are over for you. No more worries.... now go off and do what ever it is you need to do and stop making threads about how you so look forward to The Stones stopping and how you love to fantasize about it.

Yeah, I've been hearing "The Stones are over" for more than 35 years now.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: March 7, 2015 09:12

Returning from a private gig for Vladimir Putin (for which they have been paid an exorbitant amount of money), their corporate jet crashes into Bill Wyman's tour bus thus starting WW3 when hordes of enraged bloggers invade Russia.>grinning smiley<

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: March 7, 2015 09:46

It makes you wonder how many Rolling Stones tribute and clone bands the Rolling Stones have outlasted.

I think that one last album and one last concert would be nice.

Imagine that this summer they all agree to just hang out together at somebody's house and record there. You think of the recording sessions at Stargroves as an example. Then, they go to LA and do the final mix-down. Perhaps find some black girls to do some backing vocals.

Date: March 7, 2015 10:55

MileHigh
Perhaps find some black girls to do some backing vocals.

WANTED: Black female vocalist(s) to record backing vocals for album project.
Send resume to...

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: March 7, 2015 11:10

Me dying front row while they're playing JJF on stage.

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: March 7, 2015 11:54

A tour in some clubs with Mick Taylor and Bill only without any other musicians with the band. A blues album made of covers and original tracks and of course a lot of deluxe editions of their big albums.

Posted by: Sam4741 ()
Date: March 7, 2015 12:53

A tour this summer in which the setlist each show varies, with rarites and never before played live songs sprinkled in. Then this fall, they head back into the studio with Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor. Mick and Keith rekindle their songwriting partnership and we get one last classic album, something that can hold a candle to their work from '68-'83. Do I see any of this happening? Probably not. But it's a great thought.

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: March 7, 2015 13:10

Back to their beginnings: Blues, Berry Rock on a new double or threefold CD, a mix of newly written tracks and traditionals: Robert Johnson, Jimmy Reed, Charley Patton and so on. A tour, yes, but no Circus de Soleil featuring a band formerly known as The Rolling Stones, a "pure" line up like 69 or 78. In persona: Richards, Jagger, Wood, Taylor, Wyman, Watts, on the piano no Chuck, no Jagger Pater Pan disco like Miss You or Emotional Rescue. And then after all is said and done, a never ending vault series: 1. Live from the Vaults, 2. Studio from the Vaults. That's it.

Date: March 7, 2015 15:06

I don't care what they do if they would just give us one last album of originals. A band like album.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 7, 2015 15:29

Play Altamont again ... right on midnight all The Stones head on stage in a bus with Keith drivin' ....................................if that cat don't cool it...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: March 7, 2015 15:36

....to have the Rolling Stones come to my hometown of Rochester, New York and play a gig, which if I am not mistaken, they have not played since 1965 (I was 9 at the time and too unaware of who the Stones were) when a riot broke out after 3000 kids allegedly stormed the stage and the show was eventually halted after they did 6 or 7 numbers. It seems like I have spent the majority of my life following the Stones from nearby cities such as Buffalo, Syracuse, Toronto, and Philly-but no Rochester! It would really complete things for me if they came here.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 7, 2015 15:46

StonedInTokyo
JumpingKentFlash
The short answer is:
Make a 10 song album with most of it being covers. Then tour and televise the last concert from a mini club in Ealing. Full circle.

I see the potential in this idea, or some semblance of it, but a small club gig would be impossible for most to attend. Therefore, I propose:

A 10 song album of covers for the store shelves, and a massive FREE outdoor show
in London available as a Pay Per View telecast and ultimately a dvd release. They are (or were) a London-based band, and ending it in London would achieve the full circle effect.

In hindsight, their Glastonbury performance is already damn near the perfect ending.

so if you can make it to the gig, it's free but if you watch on tv, you have to pay?

love free enterprise.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: March 7, 2015 22:05

Rockman

Play Altamont again ... right on midnight all The Stones head on stage in a bus with Keith drivin' ....................................if that cat don't cool it...

Ah, good to see the Angels came out again and parked their bikes in a nice tidy row.grinning smiley

Posted by: HeatherAnnePeel ()
Date: March 8, 2015 01:59

"Don't Stop".

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: March 8, 2015 02:55

Till the Next Goodbye

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 8, 2015 03:20

No more resurrections of MightyStonesRollin50/JumpinJackOLantern/TheLoneRangerRidesAgain threads!!!!!!!!!!!

Date: March 8, 2015 07:18

The "perfect ending" has already happened....Who could expect more? No band or very few artists have lasted this long! Get a grip, grow up or grow old! The last 3 years have shown the Stones have it!

Posted by: Stoner72 ()
Date: March 8, 2015 07:47

That their remaining shows are strong.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 9, 2015 02:07

The perfect ending would have been a last concert on New year's eve 1999 and then calling it a day. But that never happened...

Date: March 9, 2015 02:17

Stoneage
The perfect ending would have been a last concert on New year's eve 1999 and then calling it a day. But that never happened...

That's almost 20 years ago, stoneage....are you just coming out of your cave now? confused smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-09 02:31 by latebloomer.

Date: March 9, 2015 02:25

There's so many amazing (and sad) ideas on this thread...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-09 02:25 by BeforeTheyMakeMeRun.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 9, 2015 02:34

You mean cave, Bloomer? No, I really mean that. In an ideal world they should have carried on with business as usual during the 80s and 90s. No break ups and long periods of inactivity.
New tours and albums with adequate intervals. And then a last concert at the end of the century to finish it up while still on top...

Date: March 9, 2015 02:55

You mean cave, Bloomer?

Yes, fixed it...been having trouble with typos lately. smiling smiley

But seriously, if you think that, then I guess all the bands that haven't had a hit for a long time, like Fleetwood Mac, Aerosmith, and even Springsteen, should stop touring. I don't get your logic here.
Musicians perform live to entertain and to make money, it's always been this way. Do you think they always did original material back in the stone age? grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-09 03:02 by latebloomer.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: March 9, 2015 05:14

The Stones are on stage. Midway through a song, Keith and Mick look at each other...Keith says 'Charlies missed a beat or two". They look around and Charlie is slumped over his drum kit.

That's how I see it going. It's certainly NOT what I want.

But it's how the Stones should go out.... Playing on the stage that has been theirs for 50 plus years.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 6 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1794
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home