Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 4 of 7
Re: What Is Your Perfect Ending For The Rolling Stones?
Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: February 18, 2013 21:38

A comprehensive reissue programme, with 2 cd deluxe reissues of certain albums.

Plus, all stonesarchive gigs to be issued on CD.

That's what I want, and, if they wish, a new album. Doom & Gloom, and One More Shot, show that they still have the feel, but whether they have the inclination is another matter.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: February 18, 2013 22:09

marvpeck
April 17, 1967
in Athens, Greece.
Yes, it has already happened.

Kudos to anyone who figures that out.

lol...........what's this? the 4 second kudos shop?.......

Date: February 19, 2013 03:29

Reinstate Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor, do one last great album, and one last tour, then call it a day. If not, let the 12-15 -'12 show be the curtain closer.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: February 19, 2013 05:35

My perfect ending...

After growing up with the Stones, loving their music, and seeing them in concert on nearly every American tour since 1969... and after being inspired by young Keith and younger Mick Taylor to learn to play guitar as a kid...

My perfect ending would be for them to play a couple of shows a few miles away from my house in New Jewsey near NYC -- at which my hero Mick Taylor would somehow rejoin them... and I would somehow get to see both shows for cheap or for free... maybe someone would just appear on my computer and offer me tickets...

And I have experienced my perfect Stones ending! I really got satisfaction.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-19 16:12 by schillid.

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: February 19, 2013 06:50

I think the perfect ending would be for a film crew to spend a few months with them in a recording studio. Shoot miles of film and edit it down to a natural and honest document of the "band" at work together. Release the last album, that's it.

In many ways the Stones are already gone. It's like sometimes you meet someone that you knew 20 years ago, and they are essentially the same person. Sometimes, you notice it's like they are a completely different person. The Stones as an "act" or a group fall into the latter category.

On another level, the Stones will never die. You look a pictures of them performing in 1970 or 1971 and you can just feel "The Stones" in your heart and in the pit of your stomach. You can feel a raw energy and an excitement. You listen to Brown Sugar for the millionth time and you can still get yourself into the groove if you want to. It's still magic.

Posted by: lazzzybones ()
Date: February 19, 2013 15:28

We wakeup and it was all a dream

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: February 19, 2013 17:40

Someone said here already a nothing but the blues album with Mick Taylor and Bill Wyman in the line-up. I'm all for it, too. It should be a triple album with a mix of traditionals and own compositions. Further a really stripped down tour like the '78 or '69 tours. No brass, Ian McLagan on the keyboards, no back-up singer. Mick Taylor and Bill Wyman on stage all the time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-19 17:42 by RobertJohnson.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: February 20, 2013 00:46

I would happy with Plundered My Soul being the last classic and than they do a 'farewell tour' with Taylor.
The Stones will never end. Ever.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: February 28, 2013 20:09

I got to see this:

I didn't think I'd ever see Mick Taylor onstage again with the Rolling Stones!

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: February 28, 2013 20:14

The world is coming to a end...And the last thing we see in life is the Rolling Stones looking
and playing like they did in 1969!!!!

WOW.....What could be better!!!

Yep the wife & kids are there too...haha.

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: February 28, 2013 20:54

My perfect ending;

The Stones somehow manage to hang on until the year 2035. By that time the moon has been colonized and interplanetary space travel is the norm. The Stones who now have the nickname "The Universe's Greatest Rock And Roll Band" play their final concert in a giant stadium on the moon in front of five million humanoids from various planets.

"Lyin' awake in a cold, cold sweat. Am I overdrawn, am I going in debt?
It gets worse, the older that you get. No escape from the state of confusion I'm in.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: February 28, 2013 21:07

I'd like to see a global T.V. special live broadcast from an intimate setting.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: February 28, 2013 21:34

For me, it would be a long series of shows at the Beacon Theatre, say over a 3 month period, priced fairly and the ticket price would include a meet & greet for anyone who wanted to say hello in the receiving line. With only 1000 or so seats, you can imagine it would take hours in that line but it could be held in a large room where you could mingle ( in small groups of 100 at a time), and I would be able to present each Stone with a personal gift, have my photo taken with them all and say good bye. No one would be rushed out the door, and it would be no mass hysteria!
And of course I would take Mick off into the night for a private dinner....ok, you did say PERFECT ENDING! I can indulge my fantasy!

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: February 28, 2013 21:45

My perfect ending is to wind back the clock to 1972, when I attend the Stones farewell concert from the front row....

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: February 28, 2013 21:51

The perfect end would be for them to share their riches with all IORR posters who have a scientific reference in their user name.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 28, 2013 21:51

My perfect ending is to wind back the clock to 1973, when I attend the Stones farewell concert in Brussels from the front row....

Date: February 28, 2013 21:57

treaclefingers
My perfect ending is to wind back the clock to 1973, when I attend the Stones farewell concert in Brussels from the front row....

My perfect ending pre-empts yours. Please don't take it personally. But it does kinda feel good.

Date: February 28, 2013 22:00

GRNRBITW
treaclefingers

My perfect ending pre-empts yours. Please don't take it personally. But it does kinda feel good.

I've reconciled with myself that my choice forced the inclusion of Goat's Head Soup.

One has to be prepared to make sacrifices.

Date: February 28, 2013 22:05

treaclefingers
GRNRBITW
treaclefingers

I've reconciled with myself that my choice forced the inclusion of Goat's Head Soup.

No Soup for You!

Date: February 28, 2013 23:07

GRNRBITW
treaclefingers
GRNRBITW
treaclefingers

No Soup for You!

Damn! No Head for me either I guess!

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: February 28, 2013 23:24

treaclefingers
GRNRBITW
treaclefingers
GRNRBITW
treaclefingers

No Soup for You!

Really treacle? Um..er...nevermind.

Date: March 1, 2013 00:10

latebloomer
treaclefingers
GRNRBITW
treaclefingers
GRNRBITW
treaclefingers

No Soup for You!

This is family-hour. Do you mind?

Date: March 1, 2013 01:00

latebloomer
treaclefingers
GRNRBITW
treaclefingers
GRNRBITW
treaclefingers

No Soup for You!

Look, there isn't any GOAT for me either, I was just getting to that!

Date: March 1, 2013 01:01

GRNRBITW
latebloomer
treaclefingers
GRNRBITW
treaclefingers
GRNRBITW
treaclefingers

No Soup for You!

YEAH Latebloomer, it's family hour!

You can't say 'Um..er'...that has some sexual connotations.

Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: March 1, 2013 02:27

just bring out double cd with all new tracks and play them live with the hits.
STONES ARE WAY OF LIFE,50 YEARS AND MORE TO COME.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: March 1, 2013 02:27

treaclefingers
GRNRBITW
latebloomer
treaclefingers
GRNRBITW
treaclefingers
GRNRBITW
treaclefingers

No Soup for You!

YEAH Latebloomer, it's family hour!

You can't say 'Um..er'...that has some sexual connotations.

Why what EVAH are you boys talkin about?

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: March 1, 2013 02:34

MightyStonesStillRollin50
We all know that the end is near. Whether it ends next year, or as late as the 50th anniversary of Satisfaction in the summer of 2015, time is running out. So what is your perfect ending for the Rolling Stones? A classic new album? A blockbuster tour? Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor rejoin the band? Jeff Beck joins them on a farewell tour?

I wish people who want the Stones to go away would away themselves right now, end it for yourself. Now, its over for you, wasnt that easy? The Stones are over for you. No more worries.... now go off and do what ever it is you need to do and stop making threads about how you so look forward to The Stones stopping and how you love to fantasize about it.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 1, 2013 05:24

Max'sKansasCity
MightyStonesStillRollin50
We all know that the end is near. Whether it ends next year, or as late as the 50th anniversary of Satisfaction in the summer of 2015, time is running out. So what is your perfect ending for the Rolling Stones? A classic new album? A blockbuster tour? Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor rejoin the band? Jeff Beck joins them on a farewell tour?

I wish people who want the Stones to go away would away themselves right now, end it for yourself. Now, its over for you, wasnt that easy? The Stones are over for you. No more worries.... now go off and do what ever it is you need to do and stop making threads about how you so look forward to The Stones stopping and how you love to fantasize about it.

thumbs up thumbs up

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: bam ()
Date: March 1, 2013 05:30

Brian is back with the gang, miraculously still alive, and he sings "Summer's Gone" as the last ... oh sorry, that already happened, but it was a different group. And then that jerk Mike Love went back out on the road with his fake Beach Boys group.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-01 05:31 by bam.

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: March 1, 2013 05:56

The boys set themselves up in a little mountain resort in Mexico to record.

An small earth tremor occurs one night, and giant rolling stones rumble down the mountain. When the dust settles it becomes apparent that the Rolling Stones met their fate from the rolling stones.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 4 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2020
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home