Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7
What Is Your Perfect Ending For The Rolling Stones?
Date: May 26, 2012 21:13

We all know that the end is near. Whether it ends next year, or as late as the 50th anniversary of Satisfaction in the summer of 2015, time is running out. So what is your perfect ending for the Rolling Stones? A classic new album? A blockbuster tour? Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor rejoin the band? Jeff Beck joins them on a farewell tour?

Re: What Is Your Perfect Ending For The Rolling Stones?
Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: May 26, 2012 21:32

I think it will be no abrupt ending, they will retire from tour projects, of course, but as long as they live they will do some studio work and write some new titles, maybe one or another album. Further don't forget the immense back catalog with unreleased tracks and concerts.

Date: May 26, 2012 21:41

RobertJohnson
I think it will be no abrupt ending, they will retire from tour projects, of course, but as long as they live they will do some studio work and write some new titles, maybe one or another album. Further don't forget the immense back catalog with unreleased tracks and concerts.

I like your ending. Would be nice to see Mick and Keith become really close in their latter years and bang out some blues tunes together. I hope we have them around for a long time, long after their tour days are over, which I think are either presently over or will be within the next three years.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: May 26, 2012 22:05

The truth of the matter is that if the Stones were unable or unwilling to perform with Jagger on SNL, then they are getting to the point where it is going to be difficult to convince me, and other hardcore fans, that they are in-fact a functioning band.

I would love for them to play a 'final' tour. Not A Bigger Bang style, just a final tour of less than 20 shows... New York, Chicago, LA, the rest International ending with a final 3 night stint in London.

The whole 'never saying its over' thing is getting old. Bring all living Stones members on a final tour, have a blast, then continue to open up the vaults. My DREAM would be a final blues-based album but who knows what we'll get.

Regardless, I will be happy with anything they do this year or next. My wife has never seen them live and she asks every month or so whether a tour is coming or not.. The moment they announce, we're there, and will enjoy whatever happens. I don't care how many bum notes Keith hits, as long as I don't hear Blondie louder than Keith or Ronnie, I will be happy.

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: May 26, 2012 22:09

I doubt they will 'end' per se. And there won't be a farewell tour/concert/whatever.

I think they will just begin doing less - no more huge concerts with pyrotechnics, no more announcements via flatbed truck & blimps,less and less activity.

In my opinion, the Stones give the fans credit for understanding this slowing down. We all slow down evetually!tongue sticking out smiley So, I think they'll will just go with the natural flow of life.

Date: May 26, 2012 22:17

flacnvinyl
The truth of the matter is that if the Stones were unable or unwilling to perform with Jagger on SNL, then they are getting to the point where it is going to be difficult to convince me, and other hardcore fans, that they are in-fact a functioning band.

I would love for them to play a 'final' tour. Not A Bigger Bang style, just a final tour of less than 20 shows... New York, Chicago, LA, the rest International ending with a final 3 night stint in London.

The whole 'never saying its over' thing is getting old. Bring all living Stones members on a final tour, have a blast, then continue to open up the vaults. My DREAM would be a final blues-based album but who knows what we'll get.

Regardless, I will be happy with anything they do this year or next. My wife has never seen them live and she asks every month or so whether a tour is coming or not.. The moment they announce, we're there, and will enjoy whatever happens. I don't care how many bum notes Keith hits, as long as I don't hear Blondie louder than Keith or Ronnie, I will be happy.

I wouldn't read too much into them not appearing on SNL. I think we can all agree that Keith is the only question mark at the moment. Charlie probably doesn't have the endurance for any sustained tour, and I say "probably" because we just don't know exactly what he has left in the tank. Even if for some reason they can't tour they can still produce a new album to mark their 50th. If I had a choice between a new album and a tour I would rather have the album anyway, but that's just me.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 26, 2012 22:26

A studio album with a bluesy feel, including Bill on bass and Mick Taylor contributing. And maybe an unearthed cut from the 60s with Brian that they make into something interesting. Something heartfelt and not just a by the numbers lazy ass chuck berryish fast numbers job. They wouldn't even have to tour if they could just put out one more meaningful album.

Date: May 26, 2012 22:29

Cocaine Eyes
I doubt they will 'end' per se. And there won't be a farewell tour/concert/whatever.

I think they will just begin doing less - no more huge concerts with pyrotechnics, no more announcements via flatbed truck & blimps,less and less activity.

In my opinion, the Stones give the fans credit for understanding this slowing down. We all slow down evetually!tongue sticking out smiley So, I think they'll will just go with the natural flow of life.

I kind of like the idea of an ending, but only if they are done producing new music. The touring is going to end soon, if it hasn't already. However, if they can still manage to get together in the studio and record new music then they should continue as the Rolling Stones for as long as possible. On the other hand if all they have planned is re-issues then they should go ahead and announce their retirement as a functioning band. They can still allow the vault doors to remain open. Of course maybe they are thinking if they are still around in ten years they could still do another studio album and mark their 60th? As long as they are still making albums they are still a functioning band even if they are no longer touring. At least that is the way I view it. Anybody disagree and think that once a band stops doing live performances they are no longer considered to be functional?

Date: May 26, 2012 22:39

24FPS
A studio album with a bluesy feel, including Bill on bass and Mick Taylor contributing. And maybe an unearthed cut from the 60s with Brian that they make into something interesting. Something heartfelt and not just a by the numbers lazy ass chuck berryish fast numbers job. They wouldn't even have to tour if they could just put out one more meaningful album.

thumbs up

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: May 26, 2012 22:45

They'll fade away quietly; I think they're doing it now as I write.

Posted by: boituvense ()
Date: May 26, 2012 22:54

NEVER ENDING...

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: May 26, 2012 22:55

As I said before: Keith gives back the Chuck Berry and Muddy LPs to Mick while
standing at the train station in Dartford. "It´s been a great ride, thanks",
both say. A short hug and off they go.

Date: May 26, 2012 22:57

MightyStonesStillRollin50
24FPS

thumbs up

Yes, a new album today would be far more significant than a tour of "recycles". If they tour at all, I sure hope they incorporate as many new songs as possible. I can understand always doing a few of the warhorses, but staying away from the stadiums will allow them to work in more new songs and more rarities. I hope they don't lock into the mentality that because it is possibly the last tour that they have to perform nothing but the classics.

Date: May 26, 2012 22:59

tomcasagranda
They'll fade away quietly; I think they're doing it now as I write.

I am not sure that is in the best interest of their legacy.

Date: May 26, 2012 23:03

boituvense
NEVER ENDING...

Unfortunately, all things living and breathing come to an end, but I do understand what you are saying here. It is a nice thought.

Date: May 26, 2012 23:08

TooTough
As I said before: Keith gives back the Chuck Berry and Muddy LPs to Mick while
standing at the train station in Dartford. "It´s been a great ride, thanks",
both say. A short hug and off they go.

I would much prefer to see this in October of 2021 for the 60th anniversary of their meeting at the station.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: May 26, 2012 23:45

A 15 minute version of Let it loose with a gospel choir backing as the very last song played live..................

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-26 23:45 by EddieByword.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 27, 2012 00:21

As things are now, a one-off commemorative concert with Bill and Mick T invited in 2012. Maybe a 50 Licks CD with 2-3 new bonustracks on. And some kind of official statement that it's all over.

Date: May 27, 2012 00:36

Stoneage
As things are now, a one-off commemorative concert with Bill and Mick T invited in 2012. Maybe a 50 Licks CD with 2-3 new bonustracks on. And some kind of official statement that it's all over.

All good, but would like to see one last great album. One that would be right up there with their best. I know they can do it. They must realize how important it is to close with a bang, they always have, at least up to now.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: May 27, 2012 00:43

There is no ending, perfect or otherwise. It ends when you die. Why don't you ask Leslie West what he thinks a perfect ending would be?

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: May 27, 2012 00:46

Did the Beatles ever end ?

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: May 27, 2012 00:49

Rolling Hansie

Last I heard, Olivia Harrison was thinking of giving one of George's unfinished tracks to Paul to finish, so, in a very real sense, no.

Date: May 27, 2012 00:50

tatters
There is no ending, perfect or otherwise. It ends when you die. Why don't you ask Leslie West what he thinks a perfect ending would be?

We are talking about the perfect ending for the Rolling Stones as a band here, not the end of life. What is your perfect ending for the Rolling Stones?

Posted by: spsimmons ()
Date: May 27, 2012 00:59

The perfect way to go out would be for the world to end before the Stones. That way they went on forever and ever.

Date: May 27, 2012 01:00

tatters

We are talking about the perfect ending for the Rolling Stones as a band here, not the end of life. What is your perfect ending for the Rolling Stones?

Mick Jagger, one of the last surviving people on earth who "saw" the early Rolling Stones in concert, dies peacefully in his sleep on July 26, 2050, his 107th birthday. The Rolling Stones really wouldn't be over until then.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-27 01:01 by tatters.

Date: May 27, 2012 01:11

Rolling Hansie

Most people would answer 1970.

Date: May 27, 2012 01:14

tatters
tatters

Mick Jagger, one of the last surviving people on earth who "saw" the early Rolling Stones in concert, dies peacefully in his sleep on July 26, 2050, his 107th birthday. The Rolling Stones really wouldn't be over until then.

tatters, maybe it's time for YOU to go grill some burgers? I do think he has a shot at 95 to 100, seriously.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-27 02:27 by MightyStonesStillRollin50.

I LOVE THE STONES thumbs up
Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: May 27, 2012 01:17

Come On guys, have one of these and enjoy life

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: May 27, 2012 01:19

spsimmons
The perfect way to go out would be for the world to end before the Stones. That way they went on forever and ever.

Dead people do not keep memories alive. Or legacies. That job is left to the living.

Date: May 27, 2012 01:22

tatters
tatters

tatters, maybe it's time for you to go grill some burgers? I do think he has a shot at 95 to 100, seriously.

What is the point of having some kind of official "ending"? The Who announced their "ending" in 1982 and they toured more in the 00's than they did in the 70's. How many times have you said, "I'll never do that again", and then, you do it again? Same thing with farewell tours. You put yourself in a position where you can't change your mind, and then you change your mind anyway. It's just a part of what it is to be human. You can say anything you want, but you never really know what you're going to want to do in the future, until you have no future, when you're dead.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-27 01:27 by tatters.

Goto Page: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1363
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home