Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Johnny Rotten on the Stones
Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: June 3, 2012 05:26

Here's an interview from 2001 from the Q awards. He actually does like Paul McCartney--as a person.

www.johnlydon.com/q2001.html

Date: June 3, 2012 05:54

Now if archaeologists would only study the restroom walls of the 100 Club, they could save it from future threats of closing--an archaeological study like that could have saved CBGB's in New York.

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2064199/Sex-Pistols-graffiti-studied-archaeologists-important-caves-Lascaux-southern-France.html

Date: June 3, 2012 23:21

Just an additional link for this thread, a recent interview about Lydon's plans for growing old disgracefully (i.e., becoming the world's first performing punk rock pensioner), noteworthy also because Lydon at last admits to admiring Paul McCartney--both the man and his music. It seems Mr. Lydon has been studying Sir Paul and Sir Mick in terms of remaining active into old age. While he professes admiration for Sir Paul, he criticizes Sir Mick for trying to pretend to be young and also contends that Sir Mick still has not learned to dance.

www.dailyrecord.co.uk/showbiz/celebrity-interviews/2010/06/27/punk-rock-superstar-john-lydon-planning-to-grow-old-disgracefully-86908-22364802/

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: June 5, 2012 17:01

hbwriter

Thanks, D- for the record - I think HM rocks - always have - that's what I was sort of taken aback by the negativity and insulting nature of his quips this time out - but whatever

Please accept my apologies for being an arsehole Chris!

Got some on going sad and also frustrating stuff going on in my personal life which makes me get all angsty. confused smileythumbs down

smileys with beer

Posted by: Pietro ()
Date: June 12, 2012 02:54

jeff14
Without the likes of Johnny Rotten would we have ever gotten Some Girls?

Excellent point. People don't realize it now, but the Rolling Stones were running a little bit scared in 1978 when they made "Some Girls." Songs like "Lies" and "Respectable" on that album were the Stones taking a stab at punk. The punks were nipping at their heels, and the Stones felt they had to put some punk chords and attitude into some of the "Some Girls" songs.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 18, 2012 03:00

................................. herald sun ... 18 june 2012

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Braincapers ()
Date: June 18, 2012 18:46

In the BBC Punk Brittania Mick said that the Clash did like the Beatles and the Stones. John Cooper Clarke said that he'd never met a punk that didn't like the Stones and then said "If you don't like the Stones you shouldn't be in a rock and roll band".

Mark Perry of sniffin' Glue fame said 'we didn't come from outer space, we had Deep Purple albums!"

Posted by: thabo ()
Date: June 18, 2012 22:11

Ofcourse Rotten liked the Stones originaly. The argument is simple. He has said that the Stones were a rip off, because when you went to see them, you couldn't see them because they were so far off on a stage far away that you could only see little puppets in a distance. Now, the argument is you don't go to see a band that you don't wanna see, especially not if you complain about the fact you couldn't see them properly. I think he really liked the Stones at first but got very disappointed after having gone to one of their concerts, and realised that the Stones were not those sharp edged rebels he thought they were, sometimes the fantasy is better than the reality. And since than he critisises the Stones. There is a thin line between love and hate.

Posted by: sanQ ()
Date: June 19, 2012 01:18

I think he was merely looking for publicity by smudging the Stones, that's all there is to it. He always liked The Rolling Stones. He's also grown a lot as a person over the years and from what I read, he's big into all kinds of music. If someone only sticks to one bag as a music lover, they aren't really a music lover. There's only two kinds of music: good and bad. Look at Keith, he likes all kinds of different genres. Rotten is the same way. It was primarily an act that was created by Malcom Mclaren which was to copy the original Stones image but take it a step further. That's all. Just an act. It sells records and concert tickets. Any real professional musician loves the Rolling Stones in my opinion. Anyone who is worth a damn musically does.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1754
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home