Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

unreleased tracks collection recommendation
Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: April 4, 2012 21:42

can anyone recommend me (point me in the direction of) a good collection of the best unreleased tracks from, say, 1969-83? I'm thinking about basically completed tracks that were left of albums for whatever reason. i'm only really after the best audio quality ones, eg. criss cross mind/man.

is there a good compilation? or did you make your own that you'd be willing to share?

thank you

these are good months to be a stones fan!

Re: unreleased tracks collection recommendation
Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: April 4, 2012 22:45

google "The Rolling Stones - 50 Years Of Dirty Work" spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: June 18, 2012 20:38

i'm going to BUMP my message of a few months back.

i'm about to embark on a long drive from the Texas border into the middle of Mexico, and could really use some good listening to keep me occupied.

i googled 50yrs of Dirty Work, but what I'm looking for is something like a 25 track compilation of (good audio quality) studio outtakes from 69-83(ish)

Can someone help me stay sane on the highway?

(i take it the Great Urban Steel no longer has is wonderful page of stuff to download?)

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: June 18, 2012 22:21

"Unsurpassed Masters" should be a good start. It's a collection of unreleased recordings from 1963 to 1979 in seven parts.
[www.collectorsmusicreviews.com]

Posted by: pjs425 ()
Date: June 18, 2012 23:32

To get a good snapshot of unreleased/alternative versions yo(c'd need a few releases. But for the era you're interested in I'd recommend Acetates Contains two versions of Criss Cross plus other alternative mixes from GHS and It's Only rock n roll) and Static in the Attic focussing on Black and Blue, Some girls and emotional Rescue. Both releases are presented in top quality.

Date: June 19, 2012 01:16

thank you guys

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1299
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home