Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2526272829303132333435...LastNext
Current Page: 30 of 38
Re: Stones tour pushed back to 2013
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 14, 2012 21:09

There'll be no tour without Keith, period. He is not an interchangeable part. No Mick, No Charlie, No Keith, no tour. Bill is just a wild card that might participate on some level. Mick Taylor hasn't even been mentioned, and as far as we know did not show up for the rehearsal session.

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: April 14, 2012 22:47

24FPS
There'll be no tour without Keith, period. He is not an interchangeable part. No Mick, No Charlie, No Keith, no tour. Bill is just a wild card that might participate on some level. Mick Taylor hasn't even been mentioned, and as far as we know did not show up for the rehearsal session.

Well, it certainly wouldn't be THE same Rolling Stones - but I think a short tour or any other creative endeavor of Jagger/Wood/Watts/Wyman/Taylor would be of major interest.

Those five still perform on stage.

Jagger could write with Ronnie/Taylor/Watts.

Ronnie could take over Keith's 2 song restroom break - and Blondie Chap could be dropped from the line-up.

Posted by: rogue ()
Date: April 15, 2012 12:57

SweetThing
24FPS

Well, it certainly wouldn't be THE same Rolling Stones - but I think a short tour or any other creative endeavor of Jagger/Wood/Watts/Wyman/Taylor would be of major interest.

Ronnie could take over Keith's 2 song restroom break - and Blondie Chap could be dropped from the line-up.

Amen to Blondie being let go.
After all the talk of overdubs and Blondie playing Kieth's fils and the backstage tech band who do the sound check actually playing for Keith I went back and watched, listened to the ABB box set- especially the Austin show.

Blondie needs to go so people know who is playing. I worry that too much production will take away from the legacy but too little and the truth will be known.

Date: April 18, 2012 16:30

SweetThing
24FPS

Don't worry - hardly anyone will notice.

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: April 18, 2012 21:20

Something tells me that the whole reason nothing is going on is because of the Cohl v. Live Nation contractual spat. ARGH!! Of Course stones want nothing to do with it. who would? They are fighting over future business with the stones and nothing has probably been promised to anyone. It makes me really sick. why would they work with either party ever again after this mess.

read: [www.hollywoodreporter.com]

of course its old news but I just read this

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-18 21:23 by tumbled.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 18, 2012 21:24

tumbled
Something tells me that the whole reason nothing is going on is because of the Cohl v. Live Nation contractual spat. ARGH!! Of Course stones want nothing to do with it. who would? They are fighting over future business with the stones and nothing has probably been promised to anyone. It makes me really sick. why would they work with either party ever again after this mess.

read: [www.hollywoodreporter.com]

of course its old news but I just read this

Frankly, I think the 'spat' has little to do with the Stones not currently touring.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: April 19, 2012 14:15

The longer the position has remained unconfirmed, the wilder the speculation has become. [No surprise around here].

I'm sure there are various reasons for the current uncertainty and/or lack of information. There may be truth in any or all of the theories put forwrad on these pages.

I think it's probably a combination of things...not least of which has simply been indecision as to what kind of thing to do and when might be a good time to do it.

Age,health issues, economic circumstances would all dicate that the days of oiling up the old intercontinental touring Juggernaut are over.
If it were just a case of kick starting the usual "World Tour" of stadiums...all they'd have to do is enter the launch codes and push the button. Once more around please Mr conductor.

Having to do something different [and making the decision as to what] is not quite so easy.

Date: April 19, 2012 17:13

rogue
SweetThing
24FPS

Amen to Blondie being let go.
After all the talk of overdubs and Blondie playing Kieth's fils and the backstage tech band who do the sound check actually playing for Keith I went back and watched, listened to the ABB box set- especially the Austin show.

Blondie needs to go so people know who is playing. I worry that too much production will take away from the legacy but too little and the truth will be known.

There is a big misunderstanding if people think Blondie is playing Keith's fills. Never happened.

However, he is mainly playing the acoustic, contributing to a fuller sound on SOME songs.

Listen to Nearness Of You, one of the few songs where he actually is audible in the mix, to hear when he plays more than just ordinary strumming.

Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: April 19, 2012 19:34

He does seem to only be playing rhythm, but it still bothers me to see him playing that Les Paul. I believe he was playing it on "Little T&A" and "She's So Cold" on the last tour. I love Keith's comment to Mick in his book - "there's only 2 guitarists in the Stones, pal, and you're not one of them."

Funny as he doesn't seem to mind Blondie joining in.

Date: April 19, 2012 20:36

theimposter
He does seem to only be playing rhythm, but it still bothers me to see him playing that Les Paul. I believe he was playing it on "Little T&A" and "She's So Cold" on the last tour. I love Keith's comment to Mick in his book - "there's only 2 guitarists in the Stones, pal, and you're not one of them."

Funny as he doesn't seem to mind Blondie joining in.

Then he was referring to songs where Mick wanted to drive the band (Rock And A Hard Place, Sad, Sad, Sad, the songs in 1978 +++). That´s a different thing.

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: April 19, 2012 21:42

How good or how bad is the health of Keith Richards and the other members?? There were some cancelations during the 'A Bigger Bang World Tour' because of health problems of Keith and Mick.

Date: April 20, 2012 10:58

Got an email from Bill German regarding 2013:

"Hi everyone,

If you thought this year marks the Stones' 50th anniversary, think again.
The
Stones are telling us that we're off by a year. Log on to Beggars Banquet
Online for an explanation, and for the latest roundup of Stones news:"

[www.beggarsbanquetonline.com]

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: April 20, 2012 18:24

DandelionPowderman

"Hi everyone,

The

Same as what Ronnie says:
Apr. 20, 2012

"WE WERE instructed by his people not to ask any questions about the Rolling Stones...
So instead of asking Wood flat out about the Stones’ plans, we took a roundabout route, suggesting he merely tell readers anything he can about what’s on the docket for the “World’s Greatest Rock ’n’ Roll Band.”
Although there will apparently be no new album or tour this year, Wood acknowledged the Stones will hardly be out of sight and mind: “We got exhibitions. We got documentaries. We got books. We’ll see what happens after that.”
[www.philly.com]

Unbelievable - nothing in their anniversary year.
It turned out that Mick is more humane than the of Stones fans thought and doesn't like money as much as they hoped

I do not believe that in 2013 something will happen.
But in any case we have Life

Date: April 20, 2012 20:04

proudmary
DandelionPowderman

"Hi everyone,

The

Apr. 20, 2012

"WE WERE instructed by his people not to ask any questions about the Rolling Stones...
So instead of asking Wood flat out about the Stones’ plans, we took a roundabout route, suggesting he merely tell readers anything he can about what’s on the docket for the “World’s Greatest Rock ’n’ Roll Band.”
Although there will apparently be no new album or tour this year, Wood acknowledged the Stones will hardly be out of sight and mind: “We got exhibitions. We got documentaries. We got books. We’ll see what happens after that.”
[www.philly.com]

It turned out that Mick is more humane than the of Stones fans thought and doesn't like money as much as they hoped

Let´s see winking smiley

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: April 21, 2012 00:31

DandelionPowderman
proudmary
DandelionPowderman

"Hi everyone,

The

Apr. 20, 2012

[www.philly.com]

Let´s see winking smiley

Wow, DP, do you really think they are up to something?
Be realisticwinking smiley

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: April 21, 2012 03:46

Went to the fortune teller, had my fortune read, she said your in lo-oove

Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: April 21, 2012 09:58

proudmary
DandelionPowderman
proudmary
DandelionPowderman

"Hi everyone,

The

Apr. 20, 2012

[www.philly.com]

Let´s see winking smiley

Wow, DP, do you really think they are up to something?
Be realisticwinking smiley

Looks like they are going to drag this out to the last possible moment. Of course if they do nothing I am going to be eating some serious crow.

Posted by: RRMan03 ()
Date: April 22, 2012 08:21

I am gonna take a small wager and bet that if they are all in good health you will see the Stones in 2013 onstage with Bill Wyman.There will be less traveling and probably fewer dates and definitely higher ticket prices.The process has already began to get things in order as that is a larger task.Some of the things I read on hear are correct and some are quite funny.Keith is playing again after not playing for almost 2 years.Will you see a Stones show from 1981. I think not.Remember these guys are in their high 60's.And it takes a big effort to tour,perform,travel,deal with the media and all the other things involved with a huge tour.I know because I work in the industry and it is a lot more complicated than showing up and playing.I compare it to a traveling circus with 500 members.It takes a little planning and a lot of lawyers and insurance guys.Remember if this goes as planned it will be a billion dollar tour. Yes that how big a deal it really is.A lot of people are gearing up now just in case it happens. you cannot just one day show up and say we are heading out tomorrow. It takes months to get all the details in place.I have heard some very optimistic things and if i hear more i will post as much as can be said.Some things that are know are confidential until it is time to tell the world.For now enjoy what you have and save your money would be my suggestion.

Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: April 22, 2012 09:21

RRMan03
I am gonna take a small wager and bet that if they are all in good health you will see the Stones in 2013 onstage with Bill Wyman.There will be less traveling and probably fewer dates and definitely higher ticket prices.The process has already began to get things in order as that is a larger task.Some of the things I read on hear are correct and some are quite funny.Keith is playing again after not playing for almost 2 years.Will you see a Stones show from 1981. I think not.Remember these guys are in their high 60's.And it takes a big effort to tour,perform,travel,deal with the media and all the other things involved with a huge tour.I know because I work in the industry and it is a lot more complicated than showing up and playing.I compare it to a traveling circus with 500 members.It takes a little planning and a lot of lawyers and insurance guys.Remember if this goes as planned it will be a billion dollar tour. Yes that how big a deal it really is.A lot of people are gearing up now just in case it happens. you cannot just one day show up and say we are heading out tomorrow. It takes months to get all the details in place.I have heard some very optimistic things and if i hear more i will post as much as can be said.Some things that are know are confidential until it is time to tell the world.For now enjoy what you have and save your money would be my suggestion.

thumbs up

Posted by: StoneChoppers ()
Date: April 22, 2012 09:28

RRMan03

Remember if this goes as planned it will be a billion dollar tour smileys with beer

Date: April 22, 2012 19:45

No way the Stones will make a billion dollars. A Bigger Bang was as big as it'll get for the Stones - and even that figure would have been more if they'd actually sold out every show. Things have gotten more costly since that tour.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 22, 2012 20:29

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
No way the Stones will make a billion dollars. A Bigger Bang was as big as it'll get for the Stones - and even that figure would have been more if they'd actually sold out every show. Things have gotten more costly since that tour.

This is probably true, but never put it past the Stones to figure out how to make it less costly. Plus they could always up the sponsorships to handle certain costs. Less moving about obviously helps finances, with longer stands in cities that could be hubs for fans being drawn in from surrounding areas. I think the days of playing in places like Idaho, just because they've never played there, are over. Risking a rainy, sparsely attended concert in India would be crossed out. Staging can be modified to be less costly. I would love to know what a Bigger Bang cost to erect, operate, breakdown and move as compared to earlier efforts like Steel Wheels and Bridges to Babylon.

It's hard to calculate in currency what the value of having Wyman, or even Taylor on board would be, if any monetarily. These are attractions for the hard core Stones fan, not the general populus. Much as the 2012 Stones appear to be on top of social networking, and download only live recordings, I'm sure they're parsing out how to pull this off right now. The anniversary, their long absence from the stage, and the feeling that yes, THIS could be The Last Time, has created an opportunity I'm sure they're poised to exploit to its fullest. They are indeed squeezing the last of the wine from vintage grapes.

Date: April 22, 2012 22:17

24FPS
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

This is probably true, but never put it past the Stones to figure out how to make it less costly. Plus they could always up the sponsorships to handle certain costs. Less moving about obviously helps finances, with longer stands in cities that could be hubs for fans being drawn in from surrounding areas. I think the days of playing in places like Idaho, just because they've never played there, are over. Risking a rainy, sparsely attended concert in India would be crossed out. Staging can be modified to be less costly. I would love to know what a Bigger Bang cost to erect, operate, breakdown and move as compared to earlier efforts like Steel Wheels and Bridges to Babylon.

It's hard to calculate in currency what the value of having Wyman, or even Taylor on board would be, if any monetarily. These are attractions for the hard core Stones fan, not the general populus. Much as the 2012 Stones appear to be on top of social networking, and download only live recordings, I'm sure they're parsing out how to pull this off right now. The anniversary, their long absence from the stage, and the feeling that yes, THIS could be The Last Time, has created an opportunity I'm sure they're poised to exploit to its fullest. They are indeed squeezing the last of the wine from vintage grapes.

I recall hearing that when the Stones played the Louisiana Superdome for the Voodoo tour it cost them $100,000 a day in just rent for the building. The stage was there for 3 days and attendance was just under 18,000 people. I'm sure the Stones made the rent and plus some just from the attendance but not much, maybe around $500,000 considering that the floor was not sold out and there weren't many in the $25 seats in the bowl sections. U2 suffered the same problem 3 years later but had just a few more thousand people in attendance.

I would think a few greatly underattended shows like that on a tour can really put a dent in the financing for things. And it's probably quite safe to think that rentals on stadia has gone up a bit since 1994...

If the Stones could find a place to play for a number of days it would probably be more geared towards 10,000 people or so, not the huge football stadium numbers. The risk of playing in something that holds a lot of people for night after night is too much. There simply isn't the demand that there used to be. As sucessful as A Bigger Bang was it showed that they had over extended themselves.

Posted by: superrevvy ()
Date: April 23, 2012 11:53

[www.sfgate.com]

Bobby Keys skirts the oft-rancorous internal politics of the Stones with the
deft ease of somebody who has been able to hold on to his job longer than
anyone else in the band ("Mick's got his good points," he says cheerfully)
and happily offers speculation about the band's plans for a 50th anniversary
tour next year.

"I've heard tantalizing rumors," he says. "That's an opinion - not based on
anything - but, hell, yeah, they're going to do it."

He watches me take notes and reverses field. "I don't know," he says. "That's
a lie. I'm just an old man, trying to excuse myself for blurting out such
nonsense."

[www.independent.ie]

There is some talk that with the Stones due to reform in 2013 for a
farewell tour that Mick Taylor -- and Bill Wyman -- will be asked to play on it.
"It would be nice if they did," Taylor said recently. "I just know that
when I play with them, all the stuff that I used to do in the past -- even
now -- it's just such an instinctive thing for me and I fit into that role
quite easily. I mean, you know, there's not too many people like Mick
Jagger as a frontman, so I don't get a chance to play that type of rock and
roll very often. I really enjoy it, because it's a different aspect of my
playing. It brings out a different side to my playing."

[journalstar.com]

When Keys and I spoke, news that Richards, Jagger, Charlie Watts and Ron
Wood had gone into the studio had just been reported. Keys said he had no
idea what was going on with that session or an earlier one that included
bassist Bill Wyman, who left the Stones 20 years ago.

"They don't consult me," Keys said. "I have too many progressive ideas to
suit them. I think we ought to do more instrumentals myself. It's hard to
sell that to Mick."

Nor does Keys know if the Stones will tour to mark their 50th anniversary
or if they'll play weeklong residencies in major markets, as has been
speculated. Nor is he going to try to find out. Calling Richards about a
tour, he said, always leads to this conversation.

"He'll say, 'You'll be fine Bobby, don't worry. Leave it up to me. You'll
be there,'" Keys said. "So that's what I do."

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-23 12:06 by superrevvy.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 23, 2012 13:37

superrevvy
Wood had gone into the studio had just been reported.

Something we don't know, or misuse of words?

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-23 13:38 by Doxa.

Posted by: superrevvy ()
Date: April 23, 2012 13:45

Doxa
superrevvy
Wood had gone into the studio had just been reported.

Something we don't know, or misuse of words?

misuse of words almost certainly

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 23, 2012 15:30

StoneChoppers
Remember if this goes as planned it will be a billion dollar tour smileys with beer

Its going to gross twice as much as the last tour then? A tour that took in about 150 shows in two years at sky-high prices before a recession and where they struggled to sell tickets as it progressed?

Yeah, right.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: April 23, 2012 16:09

Ladykiller
How good or how bad is the health of Keith Richards and the other members?? There were some cancelations during the 'A Bigger Bang World Tour' because of health problems of Keith and Mick.

So????
Let ronnie bring his band come and play, like they did in Atlantic City on April 21.
That would suit me fine.
Jeroen

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: April 23, 2012 17:49

corriecas
Let ronnie bring his band come and play
That would suit me fine.

Absolutely fine with me too. But I would still like to see the Stones again

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: April 23, 2012 17:50

Yeah, ofcourse i do too ,hansie !!
Jeroen

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2526272829303132333435...LastNext
Current Page: 30 of 38

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2555
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home