Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 14
Re: OT: RIP Whitney Houston
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: February 13, 2012 17:05

Sure, ROPENI, she was just another casualty. Before Death we are all alike. I was just pointing out the reason why the death of a celebrity attracts more attention than the death of an average person.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 13, 2012 17:19

Mathijs
I never could stand her singing, and still can't. Just as I can't stand Mariah Careys singing, and can't stand the entire generation it spawned, like Beyonce.

I just hate this technical acrobatry of 'I can sing 16 octaves, and I am going to show it in every two words, preferably with lots of empty air in between'. It's just as I can't stand all the technical guitar wizzards of the 80's, playing a million notes in every bar.

Sorry.

Mathijs

Technic doesn't exclude musical feeling.
I think she was a great and soulful singer that passed away too early.

At least Brian Jones had the guts to drown in a swimming pool instead of an ordinairy bath. Does that satisfy your frozen and fossilized mind? Probably not.

Posted by: Claire_M ()
Date: February 13, 2012 17:25

tipps
Some women are drawn to particular men and can't get free, like they
are trapped. That result is due to the man, some men are good at that.
Maybe she was scarred to leave. Its very sad but still love her.

Yes, it could've been that. But also some may recall that the "Whitney is a lesbian" rumors were getting very loud at that point. She was very discreet about her private life, if she had a boyfriend pre-Bobby Brown she kept it quiet. Instead, it was said that she was very close to a longtime female friend, Robyn I think her name was, a woman who worked for her.

Date: February 13, 2012 17:47

I guess you are on to something there, Clair M. I also had the feeling that Bobby was an alibi of some sort. If she was a lesbian it's a pity that she didn't acknowledge that. I think she herself would have benefited from it in the end. But this is of course only speculation.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: February 13, 2012 18:07

Amsterdamned

At least Brian Jones had the guts to drown in a swimming pool instead of an ordinairy bath. Does that satisfy your frozen and fossilized mind? Probably not.

You actually must be a total retard to be able to make the switch from my dislike of technical wizardry to my 'satisfaction' when comparing the way Jones and Houston died, the latter of which I didn't say a word because I really have no interest in that.

Disturbed you are.

Mathijs

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: February 13, 2012 18:29

stupidguy2
21stcenturystones
sorry no sympathy here. yes for the children. but come on, bobby brown....ghetto....drugs....

You must have never known an imperfect human being.
Lucky you.
+1

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: February 13, 2012 18:30

Mathijs
Amsterdamned

You actually must be a total retard to be able to make the switch from my dislike of technical wizardry to my 'satisfaction' when comparing the way Jones and Houston died, the latter of which I didn't say a word because I really have no interest in that.

Disturbed you are.

Mathijs

Yeah! Wtf!? confused smiley

Posted by: René ()
Date: February 13, 2012 18:33

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-13 18:34 by René.

Posted by: René ()
Date: February 13, 2012 18:34

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-14 08:51 by René.

Date: February 13, 2012 18:36

Was the bathtub full or empty?

Did her lungs have water in them?

- Detective Hammerstein...

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: February 13, 2012 18:36

For the danish iorrians the rock critic Klaus Lynggaard's obituary: Lyset engel - Mørkets hjerte (Angel of light - Heart of Darkness):

[www.information.dk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-13 22:37 by GetYerAngie.

Date: February 13, 2012 19:07

steel driving hammer
Did her lungs have water in them?

That's the report now, yes. I guess that means she was conscious, she struggled. Maybe a heart attack?

I was surprised to read she'll be laid to rest in Atlanta.

Posted by: M4000D ()
Date: February 13, 2012 21:21

I thought she was a jersey girl

I just read she is going home to jersey

Posted by: dubclub ()
Date: February 13, 2012 22:19

Six pages on this board about Whitney Houston.
Maybe Elton John can sing a song about her.....

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 13, 2012 23:16

ROCKMAN

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: February 13, 2012 23:25

M4000D
I thought she was a jersey girl

I just read she is going home to jersey

She was born in Newark, N.J.. One town away from my hometown.

"Lyin' awake in a cold, cold sweat. Am I overdrawn, am I going in debt?
It gets worse, the older that you get. No escape from the state of confusion I'm in.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-13 23:27 by FrankM.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: February 13, 2012 23:31

dubclub

He did, see page 5 of this thread:

Elton John
"This is a sad day today, all I want to talk about is her music. She was the
most beautiful woman I think I ever saw .... Thank you for giving us your
talent, and one of the most beautiful voices I've ever heard." — Elton John,
from the stage at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas, before dedicating the song "Don't
Let the Sun Go Down on Me" to Houston.

Posted by: dubclub ()
Date: February 13, 2012 23:35

Thanks Koen.
I can´t believe it.....Elton John did it again.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 13, 2012 23:40

........................................ Bobby Brown arrives in LA

ROCKMAN

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: February 13, 2012 23:46

Rockman

........................................ Bobby Brown arrives in LA

So much could be said about this @#$%&,but l don't want to be accused of being insensitive..>grinning smiley<

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Date: February 13, 2012 23:48

Aretha speaks:
Motown legend Aretha Franklin told CNN Sunday that she thought her goddaughter Whitney Houston had conquered her addiction problems before Houston’s sudden death at a Beverly Hills hotel Saturday afternoon.

“Well, we were all aware of her challenges, but I felt she was overcoming them,” Franklin said in a phone interview from Charlotte, N.C.

“She looked really great in the movie ‘Sparkle.’ I saw some of the previews and a lot of the scenes as a matter of fact were done in Detroit. So, I thought she really, really looked good, and I was just mentioning it to her people had they seen it and how well she looked. And I thought at that point she had kind of conquered the challenges that were ahead of her.”

Read more: [dailycaller.com]

Date: February 13, 2012 23:57

Agree with you, Ropeni. There are some things I could say about this hood with cap and white Bentley style but I won't. Better to keep silent.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: February 13, 2012 23:59

Claire_M
Aretha speaks:
Motown legend Aretha Franklin told CNN Sunday that she thought her goddaughter Whitney Houston had conquered her addiction problems before Houston’s sudden death at a Beverly Hills hotel Saturday afternoon.

“Well, we were all aware of her challenges, but I felt she was overcoming them,” Franklin said in a phone interview from Charlotte, N.C.

“She looked really great in the movie ‘Sparkle.’ I saw some of the previews and a lot of the scenes as a matter of fact were done in Detroit. So, I thought she really, really looked good, and I was just mentioning it to her people had they seen it and how well she looked. And I thought at that point she had kind of conquered the challenges that were ahead of her.”

Read more: [dailycaller.com]

Motown legend?

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: February 14, 2012 00:07

Seams like some people a this board that are very cold about Whitney Houston death becasue her involvment in drugs are the same people that idolize Keith.

Date: February 14, 2012 00:33

Everyone who knew Bobby and Whitney well, says that this whole idea of Bobby having led innocent Whitney astray is not true.
I loved Whitney as a singer. I know the type of singer Mathijs is talking about. I LOATHE that kind of singing. W/o going into details, but the situation I'm in - I hear that kind of vocalizing all day long. Where screeching and screaming is mislabelled as beautiful singing. But IMO Whitney was nothing like that.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 14, 2012 00:53

Disturbed you are.<Mathijs>

Why doesn't it occur to you when someone passed away 1 day ago, the last thing most people are interested in is your dislike about (her) singing abillties.

Maybe that makes you understand my "switch", not to be taken literally. And you know it.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: February 14, 2012 00:57

Some of the Dutch guys out here makes Holland to shame.................come on...... don't post your displeasure on this thread have some dignity

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: February 14, 2012 01:01

Koen
dubclub

He did, see page 5 of this thread:

Elton John
"This is a sad day today, all I want to talk about is her music. She was the
most beautiful woman I think I ever saw .... Thank you for giving us your
talent, and one of the most beautiful voices I've ever heard." — Elton John,
from the stage at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas, before dedicating the song "Don't
Let the Sun Go Down on Me" to Houston.

What, no "Candle In The Wind"?

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: February 14, 2012 01:06

Amsterdamned

Disturbed you are.<Mathijs>

Why doesn't it occur to you when someone passed away 1 day ago, the last thing most people are interested in is your dislike about (her) singing abillties.

Because this thread is 50% discussion on her music, with as many people liking it as disliking it, and 50% about her life and especially her demise.

As I am not interested in her life and her demise, but interested in music general, I feel I am free to state here that I always has disliked her, as much as I disliked most of the soulless, technical wizardry of 80's music, whether it being kitch pop or guitar orientated music. Of course, you had to react due to the latter, which made you come out as a total retard.

Mathijs

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: February 14, 2012 01:13

?

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1786
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home