Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 27
Re: Well the wait's over - new Bootleg: Hampton 81
Posted by: stonesdan60 ()
Date: January 31, 2012 11:31

DandelionPowderman
corriecas
sorry,
think its all bullshit fromthe original poster.
nothing new on Stonesarchive, and i have not had an email
jeroen

Might be because it's released earlier in America. Wasn't that the case with Brussels as well?

As of right now, here in America there's no mention of it on the Stones archives or regular website, although I did click on the earlier poster's link and see it there.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: January 31, 2012 11:41

Sounds quite logical follower of BRUSSELS AFFAIR. So now the pattern of the releases can be seen: they tend to release high profile bootleg shows - the shows that are 'already tested' in bootleg markets. Perhaps a bit let down to some heavy bootleggers and stamp collectors, but I don't see any wrong in that. Quite opposite. Like with BA, it is wonderful to have better sounding version of the show we already know to be a hot one.

And this also confirms the thing that it doesn't matter if the tour is already documented in a live album (what we do now with STILL LIFE?). That's good.

Can't wait to hear it!

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-31 11:46 by Doxa.

Posted by: iggy.pop ()
Date: January 31, 2012 11:49

One hope :

In Europe, we will have a '82 tour concert from StonesArchives.

This is just a dream, but who knows ...

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: January 31, 2012 12:03

iggy.pop
One hope :

In Europe, we will have a '82 tour concert from StonesArchives.

This is just a dream, but who knows ...
For the moment we're waiting for anything at all from stonesarchives.
But, indeed, a Europe 82 would have cooler than this.
Didn't also some songs of Hampton end up on Still Life?

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: January 31, 2012 12:04

Whale
The music industry is still intent on getting everybody to grab their illegal download it seems.

Indeed. When will they realize that there are no f*ckin' regions on the internet? It's utterly pointless to release an album on different dates, different sites and different companies for different parts of the world nowadays. It's only gonna make people irritated and download it off Pirate Bay instead.

(Me, I'm gonna buy this from the StonesArchive and then seed the a$$ outta it.)

Date: January 31, 2012 12:17

Doxa
Sounds quite logical follower of BRUSSELS AFFAIR. So now the pattern of the releases can be seen: they tend to release high profile bootleg shows - the shows that are 'already tested' in bootleg markets. Perhaps a bit let down to some heavy bootleggers and stamp collectors, but I don't see any wrong in that. Quite opposite. Like with BA, it is wonderful to have better sounding version of the show we already know to be a hot one.

And this also confirms the thing that it doesn't matter if the tour is already documented in a live album (what we do now with STILL LIFE?). That's good.

Can't wait to hear it!

- Doxa

Except for Brussels, which we never had heard before, that is.

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: January 31, 2012 12:27

LieB
Whale
The music industry is still intent on getting everybody to grab their illegal download it seems.

Indeed. When will they realize that there are no f*ckin' regions on the internet? It's utterly pointless to release an album on different dates, different sites and different companies for different parts of the world nowadays. It's only gonna make people irritated and download it off Pirate Bay instead.

Well, there's no need to buy it than, is there?
Anyway, I'll buy it in all cases. But when I come home tonight it should be there, otherwise i'll download it elsewhere. Then if it finally is legally available, i'll also buy it.
Remember, the more people buy this, the more chance we have of getting more.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: January 31, 2012 12:30

LieB
Whale

Internet might be global, but publishing contracts etc. aren't.

Mathijs

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: January 31, 2012 12:31

Great but please dont let them continue with 1989. I know they will but please 1975.

Date: January 31, 2012 12:36

For the guys that got this album already: Are you sure it's the same Hampton show - or could it be the other Hampton performance?

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: January 31, 2012 12:44

Whale
LieB
Whale

Well, there's no need to buy it than, is there?
Anyway, I'll buy it in all cases. But when I come home tonight it should be there, otherwise i'll download it elsewhere. Then if it finally is legally available, i'll also buy it.
Remember, the more people buy this, the more chance we have of getting more.

This is a little OT, but I've already pointed out in a thread somewhere that I love to support the Stones for releasing stuff like this (I bought Brussels and I'm buying this), but at the same time I'm PISSED at the MAFFIAA (that's short for MPAA and RIAA) for what they're trying to do to the freedom of the internet merely for protecting their own outdated business models. That's why I don't mind sharing music for free but also buying certain releases.

Mathijs -- I know publishing contracts aren't global. But they have to be global -- or at least work globally -- if they're ever gonna compete with the file sharing community.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: January 31, 2012 12:53

LieB
And you must keep in mind that the USA is still sleeping. Its a few minutes till 6 a.m. in New York now and almost 1 a.m. in Honolulu winking smiley Why they put it in the middle of the night for USA?

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: January 31, 2012 13:06

Well, can't complain about this - Hampton's a pretty good show and it tells me that they're not averse to releasing boots that overlap with existing CDs...which portends well for future relaeases.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: January 31, 2012 13:07

Please provide the link to where it is posted it is Hampton 81 as the next release.

Date: January 31, 2012 13:08

ironbelly
LieB
And you must keep in mind that the USA is still sleeping. Its a few minutes till 6 a.m. in New York now and almost 1 a.m. in Honolulu winking smiley Why they put it in the middle of the night for USA?

It's weird, and there's nothing on the internet about this release whatsoever - except for the link provided here on this board where you can buy the show...

Date: January 31, 2012 13:09

whitem8
Please provide the link to where it is posted it is Hampton 81 as the next release.

[market.android.com]

Date: January 31, 2012 13:11

Yeah tried that. Says document is not available in my country. And nothing is on stonesarchive??? So is this official?

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: January 31, 2012 13:12

DandelionPowderman
ironbelly
LieB

It's weird, and there's nothing on the internet about this release whatsoever - except for the link provided here on this board where you can buy the show...

Maybe it's gone up prematurely on the Android Marketplace. Is Android Marketplace another outlet for Google Music? I thought the Stones digital distrubtion deal was with Google.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: January 31, 2012 13:13

What a let down

Date: January 31, 2012 13:13

whitem8
Yeah tried that. Says document is not available in my country. And nothing is on stonesarchive??? So is this official?

Only in the US - so far. Like the last time with The Brussels Affair...

Date: January 31, 2012 13:18

Yeah, but nothing on google as well. Android didn't break the story for Brussels so I am not completely sure.

Date: January 31, 2012 13:20

Well, people here have bought it already, so it's gotta be the release.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: January 31, 2012 13:57

Well it's not up on stonesarchieve, so maybe the thread-starter here downloaded a bootleg? How's the mix compared to the bootlegs? Different? If so, then it's probably the real thing, but if not......
Hampton 1981 would be a big disappointment for me. At least compared to what I expected....a 1975 or a 1977 performance.

Date: January 31, 2012 14:05

He said the mix was different. More guitars, less bass.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 31, 2012 14:13

UnderAssistantWCpromoMan
Well that was hardly worth the build up. Great show for the two of you out there that don't have it.

Unfortunately, fans who collect bootlegs tend to think the whole point of archive releases is that has to be all about filling gaps in their collection.

It isn't.

There are FAR more Rolling Stones fans who have never heard Brussels 73 or Hampton 81 than there are who own those or any other titles. Far, far more. Its not even close.

For anyone to expect half a dozen totally or mostly uncirculated recordings to be released over the next year is unreasonable and irrational.

PS - wasnt the closed circuit broadcast of this show called 'The Waiting is over' or something? Clever pun on your thread title if you meant it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-31 14:18 by Gazza.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: January 31, 2012 14:18

DandelionPowderman
He said the mix was different. More guitars, less bass.

So i guess now it's worst.

Date: January 31, 2012 14:23

Uh, I don't think anyone has purchased it yet. It isn't even on stonesarchive or google music yet. I have checked. And checked with folks in the US and they see nothing either. No news either on either site.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 31, 2012 14:24

whitem8
Yeah, but nothing on google as well. Android didn't break the story for Brussels so I am not completely sure.

US - google/android
Rest of the world - stonesarchive.com

same arrangement as last time, I'd imagine. Brussels was first announced on the US link too a few hours before the rest of the world could get it via the archive store.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: January 31, 2012 14:28

this is an outrage. you know what i'm gonna do? i'm gonna get me a free, illegal download version of this...that'll show the boys that they can't get away with this treachery again....

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: January 31, 2012 14:36

No announcement on Twitter and/or Facebook ?

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 27

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1295
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home