Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627
Current Page: 27 of 27
Re: Well the wait's over - new Bootleg: Hampton 81
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: February 4, 2012 23:14

proudmary
with sssoul
@>----'-------
@>------,------
@>---,--------

these two are absolutely inadequate - he is all the time rude and aggressive, she is totally hysterical

why thank you, mary - i'm glad you're enjoying us! :E

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: February 4, 2012 23:24

Erik_Snow
StonesTod
Erik_Snow
Sighunt
I think the version of Tumbling Dice on this show is killer. IMHO, it rocks you out of your seat and it brings that swagger that typifies what the Stones do best. Oh, and that Wood guitar solo (which ain't too shabby either) fits perfectly with this version.

Strangely enough, yes Tumbling Dice is a killer at Hampton 1981
It's always been my favourite track from this show, together with Let It Bleed and Time Is On My Side.

gotta throw limo in there too...one of the handful of best perfs from the tour...that last two 12 bars when woody, ernie and keith are all riffing...sublime stuff....

Throw it in! It's another of them big highlights, I agree
....and I also think YCAGWYW is magical; BECAUSE of the movie - and Keith throwing out those simple but effective riffs, alone

Not comparing that one with the majestic 1972-1975 versions....that wouldn't be fair. Just saying that it's terrific.

not with you on that, my son. all versions of this song, post-73 must be discounted and discarded after initial listenings....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-04 23:28 by StonesTod.

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: February 4, 2012 23:25

Erik_Snow
proudmary
with sssoul
Erik_Snow
The "Keith song" being a pissbreak is one of the silliest "myth" I know.
The last 20 years, Keith doing Slipping Away or The Nearness Of You are the higlights of the show. Nevermind Happy and Before You Got Me Happy

Take your piss break during Streets Of Love - or nevermind the setlist and do it into your pants, which would suit you

ahhhhh Erik_Snow honey, here are roses for you, whether you ain't got none or not

@>----'-------
@>------,------
@>---,--------

these two are absolutely inadequate - he is all the time rude and aggressive, she is totally hysterical.

So we are inadequate? And you are our saviour, and the "true voice" ? Have a happy time meditating to "Brand New Set Of Rules", "Too Far Gone", "Joy", etc. You sicko

No need to say "yes" to that question, Mary. I don't even laugh by your posts anymore.

People like you do not know how to laugh - you only see how others do it and try to mimic, but what turns out is a grimace of hatred.

I like my Stones, plenty of songs with Jagger on lead vocal - he's the singer of the band, isn't he? - but for you Slipping Away or The Nearness Of You are the higlights

Date: February 4, 2012 23:25

with sssoul
proudmary
with sssoul
@>----'-------
@>------,------
@>---,--------

these two are absolutely inadequate - he is all the time rude and aggressive, she is totally hysterical

why thank you, mary - i'm glad you're enjoying us! :E

Always!

Posted by: Slick ()
Date: February 4, 2012 23:26

Erik_Snow
Slick
proudmary
with sssoul
Erik_Snow
The last 20 years, Keith doing Slipping Away or The Nearness Of You are the higlights of the show. Nevermind Happy and Before You Got Me Happy

Take your piss break during Streets Of Love - or nevermind the setlist and do it into your pants, which would suit you

ahhhhh Erik_Snow honey, here are roses for you, whether you ain't got none or not

@>----'-------
@>------,------
@>---,--------

these two are absolutely inadequate - he is all the time rude and aggressive, she is totally hysterical.
theyre ok, just vegas=era fans who cant appreciate the real deal.

Slick; I hate the Vegas era. I haven't lsitened to a Vegas era recording in 15 years. But when Keith does his songs, it's not a part of the Vegas era, in my ears. It's just....something else

So please don't call me a vegas era fan.

You owe me an apology.
telling someone that pissing in their pants would suit them is one thing... but calling someone a vegas-era fan is pretty low, my bad! lmao

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: February 4, 2012 23:34

Slick
Erik_Snow
Slick
proudmary
with sssoul
Erik_Snow

@>----'-------
@>------,------
@>---,--------

theyre ok, just vegas=era fans who cant appreciate the real deal.

Slick; I hate the Vegas era. I haven't lsitened to a Vegas era recording in 15 years. But when Keith does his songs, it's not a part of the Vegas era, in my ears. It's just....something else

So please don't call me a vegas era fan.

You owe me an apology.
telling someone that pissing in their pants would suit them is one thing... but calling someone a vegas-era fan is pretty low, my bad! lmao

Pissing pants can be excused. It's just something of the moment

But a Las Vegas fan....that's something else. You got that right.

Date: February 4, 2012 23:35

proudmary
Erik_Snow
proudmary
with sssoul
Erik_Snow

@>----'-------
@>------,------
@>---,--------

So we are inadequate? And you are our saviour, and the "true voice" ? Have a happy time meditating to "Brand New Set Of Rules", "Too Far Gone", "Joy", etc. You sicko

No need to say "yes" to that question, Mary. I don't even laugh by your posts anymore.

People like you do not know how to laugh - you only see how others do it and try to mimic, but what turns out is a grimace of hatred.

I like my Stones, plenty of songs with Jagger on lead vocal - he's the singer of the band, isn't he? - but for you Slipping Away or The Nearness Of You are the higlights

Mary, don't you have a mars bar or something ?

Date: February 4, 2012 23:42

Erik_Snow
proudmary
Erik_Snow
proudmary
with sssoul
Erik_Snow

@>----'-------
@>------,------
@>---,--------

I'm worried about you. Tell me honestly - are you the psychiatric clinic patient? Take your medicine, Mars bar wherever you shove it won't help

Date: February 4, 2012 23:52

proudmary
Erik_Snow
proudmary
Erik_Snow
proudmary
with sssoul
Erik_Snow

@>----'-------
@>------,------
@>---,--------

I'm worried about you. Tell me honestly - are you the psychiatric clinic patient? Take your medicine, Mars bar wherever you shove it won't help

"I'm worried about you" - so this is your last card ?

Date: February 5, 2012 00:22

Erik_Snow
proudmary
Erik_Snow
proudmary
Erik_Snow
proudmary
with sssoul
Erik_Snow

@>----'-------
@>------,------
@>---,--------

I'm all sixes and sevens and nines

Date: February 5, 2012 00:34

proudmary
Erik_Snow
proudmary
Erik_Snow
proudmary
Erik_Snow
proudmary
with sssoul
Erik_Snow

@>----'-------
@>------,------
@>---,--------

...at least!

Date: February 5, 2012 00:40

Y'all be smokin' some really really bad crack.

Date: February 5, 2012 00:50

Erik_Snow
proudmary
Erik_Snow
proudmary
Erik_Snow
proudmary
Erik_Snow
proudmary
with sssoul
Erik_Snow

@>----'-------
@>------,------
@>---,--------

...at least!

My ace in the hole

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: February 5, 2012 01:52

proudmary

Those are not very nice things you say about Keith and Mick

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: February 5, 2012 01:56

My compliments with sssoul. You handle this with grace

-------------------

Date: February 5, 2012 23:25

GOO
Glad most of us like this release, it really is that good

thumbs up I played it lots of times in the past week

-------------------

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: February 9, 2012 19:27

@#$%& ! awesome Ernie Watts solo on WOAF . thank you.

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: February 9, 2012 20:32

Keith is otherworldly amazing on Jumpin Jack....otherworldly

Posted by: stonesdan60 ()
Date: February 9, 2012 20:34

Munichhilton
Keith is otherworldly amazing on Jumpin Jack....otherworldly[/quote

One of the best JJF performances EVER!!

Posted by: texas fan ()
Date: February 9, 2012 21:35

Sorry, Mary, but sssoul and Erik offer a lot of interesting thoughts and analysis about the MUSIC, and you could learn an awful lot from them. I've read their posts longer than you, I think, and I can assure you that neither of them is anti-Mick, so just relax and let them like what they like.

By the way, I like it when you talk about the music, too, even when we disagree.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: February 9, 2012 21:55

Erik_Snow
The last 20 years, Keith doing Slipping Away or The Nearness Of You are the highlights of the show.

Don't be leaving out Learning The Game.
That was magically terrific

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: February 9, 2012 21:57

Munichhilton
Erik_Snow
The last 20 years, Keith doing Slipping Away or The Nearness Of You are the highlights of the show.

Don't be leaving out Learning The Game.
That was magically terrific

but, keith should've realized that there are actually peeps outside of texas who dig buddy holly.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627
Current Page: 27 of 27

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1986
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home