Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627Next
Current Page: 26 of 27
Re: Well the wait's over - new Bootleg: Hampton 81
Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: February 3, 2012 20:40

rockdoc8885
sorry if I missed the directions posted somewhere on this thread. Can anyone tell this neophyte how to upload the file from my desktop into i tunes? Thanks.

I purchased the show from google music, downloaded the file to my computer, but haven't figured out how to copy into my i tunes library.

Another way is to use the pull down menus in iTunes "File>add Folder to Library>select the desktop" and all the mp3s on your desktop will appear in your iTunes library. You can go to the left side column of folders and go to "songs" , then sort them by the date they were added, they should appear at the top of the list. You can also select "add File to Library" and then just select the files individually in the explorer window that opens.

If your columns don't include the "date added" you can RIGHT click on the row acroos the top of the columns and then select which columns you want displayed. I usually keep song title, bit rate, date added, maybe file type and play count. It is totally customizeable to what you want to see. The default columns are pretty useless, to me. Hope that helps. peace

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: February 3, 2012 20:50

Doxa
CousinC
Mathijs
I think it is scientifically proven that 'Let it Bleed' from this Hampton release is the best thing the Stones have done. Ever.

Mathijs

Don't want to spoil the party.But I really doubt that anything from that tour is "best ever" from Stones. Least of all the Hampton 81 Miss you version as you said. I think one has to be very 81 focused to see it that way . .

C'mon, let the man (us) feel thrilled of the release. Time to serious reflection comes later...smileys with beer

- Doxa

Of course! Pardon me!

And Justin, - I wasn't talking Taylor/Wood.Both have their highpoints.
But imo f.i. the 78 Wood Miss you is a much superior rendition.

Posted by: coffeepotman ()
Date: February 3, 2012 22:17

I love Miss You and I've compared Miss Yous from every tour and sorry to say my personal favourite is from 2001 Concert for NYC, which wasn't really the Stones, it was just Mick and Keith with a backing band.

Posted by: mabo ()
Date: February 3, 2012 23:10

The 81-Tour leaves us the best Live-Versions ever from:

Under my thumb
Beast Of Burden

and
for specially for fantastic sax-playing the best best versions ever from:

Waiting On A Friend
You Cant Always Get What You Want
Miss you

That's it!

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: February 3, 2012 23:18

StonesTod
can i please be allowed to not be allowed to post anymore?

No !

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: February 4, 2012 01:39

always hated that song...

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: February 4, 2012 01:52

Just wanna say "thanks" again to Deltics for his great artwork. I printed it today and the CD cover looks great.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: February 4, 2012 01:58

Rolling Hansie
Just wanna say "thanks" again to Deltics for his great artwork. I printed it today and the CD cover looks great.

i think wyman's mixed too low on the artwork....

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: February 4, 2012 02:04

Rolling Hansie

My pleasure, glad you liked it.
Here are the full size versions, I've included two back covers for those who want to start disc 2 with YCAGWYW. [hotfile.com]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: February 4, 2012 02:13

StonesTod

i think wyman's mixed too low on the artwork....

At least I didn't airbrush him out completely! winking smiley

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: GOO ()
Date: February 4, 2012 02:18

listening to the kc81 shows right now....show without mt is better, he is too low in the mix to be worth anything...and im not drunk...yet

Date: February 4, 2012 17:56

So long since I listened to it!

Beast of burden and then after Waiting on a friend!

What a flow!

Stones really at their best!

Got fanatic after hearing this first time in the mid-eighties, when I found this 3-LP-Box-Set of the Hampton-show on a sunday morning in Berlin, on a market place!

That's what made me a real strong fan of this fantastic band for now more than 30 years!

Date: February 4, 2012 18:01

exclamations are the best!

Date: February 4, 2012 18:04

StonesTod
exclamations are the best!
Yes, I love it!

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: February 4, 2012 19:50

I think the version of Tumbling Dice on this show is killer. IMHO, it rocks you out of your seat and it brings that swagger that typifies what the Stones do best. Oh, and that Wood guitar solo (which ain't too shabby either) fits perfectly with this version.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: February 4, 2012 19:56

Sighunt
I think the version of Tumbling Dice on this show is killer. IMHO, it rocks you out of your seat and it brings that swagger that typifies what the Stones do best. Oh, and that Wood guitar solo (which ain't too shabby either) fits perfectly with this version.

Strangely enough, yes Tumbling Dice is a killer at Hampton 1981
It's always been my favourite track from this show, together with Let It Bleed and Time Is On My Side.

Date: February 4, 2012 20:59

Erik_Snow
Sighunt

It's always been my favourite track from this show, together with Let It Bleed and Time Is On My Side.

gotta throw limo in there too...one of the handful of best perfs from the tour...that last two 12 bars when woody, ernie and keith are all riffing...sublime stuff....

Date: February 4, 2012 21:30

StonesTod
Erik_Snow
Sighunt

gotta throw limo in there too...one of the handful of best perfs from the tour...that last two 12 bars when woody, ernie and keith are all riffing...sublime stuff....

Throw it in! It's another of them big highlights, I agree
....and I also think YCAGWYW is magical; BECAUSE of the movie - and Keith throwing out those simple but effective riffs, alone

Not comparing that one with the majestic 1972-1975 versions....that wouldn't be fair. Just saying that it's terrific.

Posted by: memphiscats ()
Date: February 4, 2012 21:40

Thanks to all the good people on IORR I've finally got Hampton successfully loaded onto my desktop - I'm listening to it for the first time right now. It's great - I haven't seen the Stones live since BTB tour so hearing this is a GREAT treat!
Cheers,
M.

Posted by: Slick ()
Date: February 4, 2012 21:54

mabo

What a flow!

Got fanatic after hearing this first time in the mid-eighties, when I found this 3-LP-Box-Set of the Hampton-show on a sunday morning in Berlin, on a market place!

That's what made me a real strong fan of this fantastic band for now more than 30 years!
hard to believe now, but that was the piss break of the tour... keith only got one song, and no one was leaving during little t&a.

Date: February 4, 2012 21:58

Slick
mabo

What a flow!

hard to believe now, but that was the piss break of the tour... keith only got one song, and no one was leaving during little t&a.

The "Keith song" being a pissbreak is one of the silliest "myth" I know.
The last 20 years, Keith doing Slipping Away or The Nearness Of You are the higlights of the show. Nevermind Happy and Before You Got Me Happy

Take your piss break during Streets Of Love - or nevermind the setlist and do it into your pants, which would suit you

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: February 4, 2012 22:08

Erik_Snow
The last 20 years, Keith doing Slipping Away or The Nearness Of You are the higlights of the show. Nevermind Happy and Before You Got Me Happy

Take your piss break during Streets Of Love - or nevermind the setlist and do it into your pants, which would suit you

ahhhhh Erik_Snow honey, here are roses for you, whether you ain't got none or not

@>----'-------
@>------,------
@>---,--------

Date: February 4, 2012 22:40

One song for Keith during a show is ok and always fine, if it's a rocker!

The 2nd, mostly slow one, has always been indeed a "piss break" during the last tours for many many visitors! The whole energie puffs slowly away into the air. And the singing WAS many, many times not really good. Let him sing ballads in the studio! And please put only ONE Keith-Song on a Stones Album. That's absolutely enough!

Date: February 4, 2012 22:47

mabo
One song for Keith during a show is ok and always fine, if it's a rocker!

The 2nd, mostly slow one, has always been indeed a "piss break" during the last tours for many many visitors! The whole energie puffs slowly away into the air. And the singing WAS many, many times not really good. Let him sing ballads in the studio! And please put only ONE Keith-Song on a Stones Album. That's absolutely enough!
amen.

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: February 4, 2012 22:55

with sssoul
Erik_Snow

ahhhhh Erik_Snow honey, here are roses for you, whether you ain't got none or not

@>----'-------
@>------,------
@>---,--------

these two are absolutely inadequate - he is all the time rude and aggressive, she is totally hysterical.

Date: February 4, 2012 22:59

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-09 21:46 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: February 4, 2012 23:00

I finally got the download - several days late and many hours laboring. And a longer mailcorrespondance later...

I think it's a very great listen compared to Still Life, but to my taste it is too middle of the road compared to GYYYO or Brussels or Texas 78. And I think I will jugde the 1981-tour somewhat milder after listening to this. UMT; JMI, BOB, LIB and MY are really very, very good.
But it is not dangerous. This is The Rolling Stones for us all, for children grandchildren, parents and grandparents. This is The Rolling Stones just like some sort of The Beatles. Which of course might be nice. But maybe a bit too nice.
To my ears the guitars are too "soft". Or AOR...

But this of course is just compared to the greatness of GYYYO an BA. I think it is phantastic that this is finally officially avaible - and in this quality. I look forward to the next four - and hope that one of them will be El Mocombo.
And that a Goats Head Soup will occur as one of the next deluxe-projects.

Date: February 4, 2012 23:03

proudmary
with sssoul
Erik_Snow

@>----'-------
@>------,------
@>---,--------

these two are absolutely inadequate - he is all the time rude and aggressive, she is totally hysterical.

So we are inadequate? And you are our saviour, and the "true voice" ? Have a happy time meditating to "Brand New Set Of Rules", "Too Far Gone", "Joy", etc. You sicko

No need to say "yes" to that question, Mary. I don't even laugh by your posts anymore.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-04 23:05 by Erik_Snow.

Date: February 4, 2012 23:04

proudmary
with sssoul
Erik_Snow

@>----'-------
@>------,------
@>---,--------

theyre ok, just vegas=era fans who cant appreciate the real deal.

Date: February 4, 2012 23:08

Slick
proudmary
with sssoul
Erik_Snow

@>----'-------
@>------,------
@>---,--------

theyre ok, just vegas=era fans who cant appreciate the real deal.

Slick; that's not true. In fact Keith's set (except for Happy or other "rockers" ) are what feels the furthest away from the rest of the Vegas show - which is why I like them

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-09 21:48 by Erik_Snow.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627Next
Current Page: 26 of 27

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2001
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home