Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 27
Re: Well the wait's over - new Bootleg: Hampton 81
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: January 31, 2012 17:20

CousinC
Max'sKansasCity
How surprising.... supposed Stones fans severely dissappointed,unhappy and complaining about a Rolling Stones release... never heard that before... a million times.

"Supposed . ."? Who are you? Have I to like everything they(or their organization) gives me? And after all - this is a message board ..

If you feel I was talking to you, that is about you..... I didnt mean you.

Date: January 31, 2012 17:22

Max'sKansasCity
DandelionPowderman
His Majesty
Max'sKansasCity
ironbelly
Max'sKansasCity
How surprising.... supposed Stones fans severely dissappointed,unhappy and complaining about a Rolling Stones release... never heard that before... a million times.

Sure. I am positive that if it would be Al Pachino 77, somebody would be extremely unhappy by absence of Mick Taylor winking smiley
LOL, yup.... it doesnt matter what they do, most here would whine... but for casual fans.... or non (not yet) fans (kids), this vintage real rock and roll stuff is gonna blow them the fk away...

Some of them will think it's utter crap.

It's a Rolling Stones release, hopefully in fantastic quality - crap or not, I'm buying! grinning smiley

Me too.... and no matter what some may say about "losing interest", everyone will... and sooner or later all the "dream boots" will be released.... but as someone said, it may not even a good idea to release something like the Lt Columbo show this early in the game. We are only on release 2, and they said they would do 6.... but in reality, I bet before it is all said and done, it will more like 666 releases or more.... they have a lot of recordings and as long they sell, they will keep relasing them.

I'll vote for the Lt. Kojak-show winking smiley

Posted by: tkl7 ()
Date: January 31, 2012 17:22

UnderAssistantWCpromoMan
Gazza
'The Waiting is over' or something? Clever pun on your thread title if you meant it!

Man, nothing get's past you Gazza. You're a scary cat.

And I hear what you're saying about expecting only the rarest of the rare which is, while not necessarily going to happen, would be nice for someone like myself who really is only collecting material such as that (at this point).

When I was 14, I bought the triple vinyl "American Tour 81" less than a year after the concert was played. I was so blown away to have a TRIPLE box set of the complete show in awesome sound, that I made myself very familiar with it. So, yeah, for me this was a let down coz I've heard this one more than any other boot, perhaps.

Doxa nailed it basically: releasing boots with solid track records. But, I still have to wonder, if they are releasing "the archives" who is their intended market??? As good as Hampton '81 is, the casual "Hot Rocks" fan isn't gonna buy it. So, maybe next time let's have something not off the shelf yet.

There are plenty of Stones fans beyond the Hot Rocks level who have never heard the bootlegs, whether it be because they are too goody goody to break copyright laws, or that they just are unaware of them because they don't hang out on the fansites.

Date: January 31, 2012 17:24

DandelionPowderman
I'll vote for the Lt. Kojak-show winking smiley
LOL.... why do I suddenly have a craving for a tootsie pop. winking smiley

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: January 31, 2012 17:28

Max'sKansasCity
CousinC
Max'sKansasCity

"Supposed . ."? Who are you? Have I to like everything they(or their organization) gives me? And after all - this is a message board ..

pick me! pick me!!!

Posted by: GOO ()
Date: January 31, 2012 17:28

i welcome the new release.....great version of waiting on a friend

Date: January 31, 2012 17:29

I don't know, I just realized I've turned into an "iorr complainer". I think I better log off now and take my prozac. Maybe do some yoga, walk around and look at some trees.

Posted by: straycat58 ()
Date: January 31, 2012 17:29

hampton 81?

..finacially satisfied, philosophically dissatisfied, sexually...trying.

whatever, the first was with taylor, this second with ronnie, hopefully the third one will be with...

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: January 31, 2012 17:30

Still nothing on stonesarchivestore... angry smiley

Date: January 31, 2012 17:30

straycat58
hampton 81?

whatever, the first was with taylor, this second with ronnie, hopefully the third one will be with...

....blondie?

Date: January 31, 2012 17:32

StonesTod
Max'sKansasCity
CousinC
Max'sKansasCity

pick me! pick me!!!

I was gonna pick you, but I figured you were busy making a comment like.... I'm not willing to date pictures I havent met yet..... on the "can anyone date this thread?"... It was such a softball... I was gonna do it, but I left it for you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-31 17:33 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: January 31, 2012 17:35

Max'sKansasCity
StonesTod
Max'sKansasCity
CousinC
Max'sKansasCity

pick me! pick me!!!

I was gonna pick you, but I figured you were busy making a comment like.... I'm not willing to date pictures I havent met yet..... on the "can anyone date this thread?"... It was such a softball... I was gonna do it, but I left it for you.

oh. well, i'm not clever enough for stuff like that.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: January 31, 2012 17:36

More Hot Rocks
Do you think we'll get a show from the mid 60's?

I asked them via twitter, but as of yet haven't received a reply.

If this series follows the brussels release, and possibly Hampton, it seems we will be getting well known bootleg titles, but possibly alternate versions, at the very least higher quality versions mixed by Bob Clearmountain.

So given what limited Jones era bootlegs there are, perhaps something from 60's Paris gigs could be released if they have the tapes from the Musicorama radio station!?

If they turn Brian down like they did for R&R Circus I am going to virtually hunt down those responsible and virtually stab them in the ears. angry smiley grinning smiley

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: January 31, 2012 17:37

Whale
Still nothing on stonesarchivestore... angry smiley

It's about time. Brussels was uploaded around 16.00 GMT.

Date: January 31, 2012 17:40

btw, if we're looking for any patterns after the first two of these...both were originally recorded as part of broadcasts. most of the quality bootlegs that circulate are line recordings (sbds typically), but were not done for radio or tv broadcasts...if that holds out...you can scratch kokomo off the list....

Date: January 31, 2012 17:42

just listened to bootleg....great mix.....

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: January 31, 2012 17:42

UnderAssistantWCpromoMan
I don't know, I just realized I've turned into an "iorr complainer". I think I better log off now and take my prozac. Maybe do some yoga, walk around and look at some trees.

Read Keith's book, really uplifting stuff for us supposed stones fans. grinning smiley

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: January 31, 2012 17:44

StonesTod
btw, if we're looking for any patterns after the first two of these...both were originally recorded as part of broadcasts. most of the quality bootlegs that circulate are line recordings (sbds typically), but were not done for radio or tv broadcasts...if that holds out...you can scratch kokomo off the list....

Good point, didn't think of that.
So I guess we can expect Wembley 1990, San Diego 1998 and the likes for future releases. And maybe Leeds 1971 as well.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: January 31, 2012 17:44

Sounds good to me. I don't have the Hampton boot.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: January 31, 2012 17:46

There is no pattern here. Nor any justice. nay is there any El Mocambo.
Just remixed leftovers.

Date: January 31, 2012 17:52

Perhaps Hampton on the 19th as some of the song times are quite different.
Probably not though

Date: January 31, 2012 17:54

Munichhilton
...nay is there any El Mocambo....

maybe if people would spell it correctly....

Posted by: straycat58 ()
Date: January 31, 2012 17:54

StonesTod
straycat58
hampton 81?

....blondie?
smileys with beer

Date: January 31, 2012 17:55

Erik_Snow
StonesTod

Good point, didn't think of that.
So I guess we can expect Wembley 1990, San Diego 1998 and the likes for future releases. And maybe Leeds 1971 as well.

it's enough to make a grown man cry...or something....

Date: January 31, 2012 17:55

Max'sKansasCity
Munichhilton
...nay is there any El Mocambo....

maybe if people would spell it correctly....

After the earlier thread I had long ago given up on that...but you may be right.
Perhaps

Date: January 31, 2012 17:58

just burned show to cdr....sounds great in car.....made two copies for friends already.all for $4.99,.....sweet

Date: January 31, 2012 18:08

GOO
just burned show to cdr....sounds great in car.....made two copies for friends already.all for $4.99,.....sweet

you can post from your car?

Date: January 31, 2012 18:08

i phone....

Posted by: vermontoffender ()
Date: January 31, 2012 18:09

I understand that people are entitled to whine and bitch as they please, but man, it's just sad to read.
The "official" Hampton sounds amazing. Thank you boys.

Posted by: stonesdan60 ()
Date: January 31, 2012 18:13

GOO

Can't wait to download this! Oddly, here in the USA there is still nothing about it on the Stones archives site, but I went on Google music and there it was! I don't believe Google music sells illegal product. Somehow, there's just no official announcement about this release here in the US as of now...but it is there, available for purchase as the latest Stones official bootleg release.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 27

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1357
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home