Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 29
Re: Stones to jam in studio this month
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 19, 2011 17:12

71Tele
stonescrow
straycatuk
Their last 3 albums have been almost as long as Exile. I'd rather have 10 quality tracks over 40 mins. Why does everyone want to fill cds with "filler" ?

sc uk

I agree. ABB would have been much better trimmed to ten songs.

...it would be even better trimmed to two songs.

two yes. but 3 with the deluxe edition.

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: November 20, 2011 00:02

StonesTod
71Tele
stonescrow
straycatuk
Their last 3 albums have been almost as long as Exile. I'd rather have 10 quality tracks over 40 mins. Why does everyone want to fill cds with "filler" ?

sc uk

Streets Of Love w/Rain Fall Down, bonus: Sweet Neocon, Infamy, Look What the Cat Dragged In

How about that? Goes to show "trimming" an album does not help at all with getting the good songs to the public.
That's why I actually prefer really long albums which have all the material from the sessions.

Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: November 20, 2011 02:35

billwebster
StonesTod
71Tele
stonescrow
straycatuk

sc uk

Streets Of Love w/Rain Fall Down, bonus: Sweet Neocon, Infamy, Look What the Cat Dragged In

How about that? Goes to show "trimming" an album does not help at all with getting the good songs to the public.
That's why I actually prefer really long albums which have all the material from the sessions.

I think the bottom line (at least for me) is that ABB was ultimately a respectable album. Hopefully, the next one will see a return to greatness. Mediocre for the Stones shouldn't be acceptable.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: November 20, 2011 18:48

yeah just like the yankees

Date: November 21, 2011 00:43

melillo
yeah just like the yankees

Exactly. Once the bar is set anything less is viewed as a disappointment.

Posted by: TOOTSIE ()
Date: November 21, 2011 08:11

new stuff and ppenig the vaults

Posted by: readymade ()
Date: November 21, 2011 11:10

Are they rehearsing right now?

Posted by: nocomment ()
Date: November 21, 2011 14:11

Max'sKansasCity
treaclefingers
nocomment
NOTHING would be better than if Mick Jagger did NOT turn up for this
jam session. Nothing would give this 50th thing more credibility than
for Jagger's forward-looking mentality to be locked out while this collective
of rearward-looking musicians, including Taylor and Wyman, cook up some
fresh stew. Jagger should wait til the others are more or less done before
tacking on his vocals. This particular album must be led by the musicians,
not the frontman, or else just forget about it.

That is nonsense.

Consider the source, this is not even the dumbest statement that poster has made.

bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Usa today today:

The Rolling Stones will hit their golden anniversary next year, fueling
expectations for a tour. No plans for a 50th blowout have been revealed, though
rumors flared when Keith Richards announced that he, Charlie Watts and Ronnie
Wood intended to convene soon to jam.

"It all sounds great, and I'm sure we're going to do lots and lots of wonderful
things," says Mick Jagger, who isn't participating in those sessions.

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: November 21, 2011 16:57

nocomment, your faith and trust in the media (and we all know the media is ALWAYS right) is impeccable!

Date: November 21, 2011 20:45

nocomment
Max'sKansasCity
treaclefingers
nocomment
NOTHING would be better than if Mick Jagger did NOT turn up for this
jam session. Nothing would give this 50th thing more credibility than
for Jagger's forward-looking mentality to be locked out while this collective
of rearward-looking musicians, including Taylor and Wyman, cook up some
fresh stew. Jagger should wait til the others are more or less done before
tacking on his vocals. This particular album must be led by the musicians,
not the frontman, or else just forget about it.

That is nonsense.

Consider the source, this is not even the dumbest statement that poster has made.

bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Usa today today:

The Rolling Stones will hit their golden anniversary next year, fueling
expectations for a tour. No plans for a 50th blowout have been revealed, though
rumors flared when Keith Richards announced that he, Charlie Watts and Ronnie
Wood intended to convene soon to jam.

"It all sounds great, and I'm sure we're going to do lots and lots of wonderful
things," says Mick Jagger, who isn't participating in those sessions.

Oh, really, you don't say.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: November 21, 2011 20:55

Tomorrow it will be 9 days till the end of the month.Will we hear anything in the next week or so ???? I do hope so. If December comes and no news,it wouldn't surprise me as The Rolling Stones machine can work in funny ways. eye rolling smiley

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: November 21, 2011 21:51

As much as I love Mick, I am beginning to like him less and less. He has no sense of humor and comes off a bit greedy these days. Maybe I am wrong.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: November 22, 2011 00:32

crawdaddy
Tomorrow it will be 9 days till the end of the month.Will we hear anything in the next week or so ???? I do hope so. If December comes and no news,it wouldn't surprise me as The Rolling Stones machine can work in funny ways. eye rolling smiley

You will be sorely disappointed if you are putting all your money on this jam. There will be no "news" to report once they do meet. Look at Keith's responses to the questions regarding the subject...he himself doesn't want to make this a bigger deal than it is. And it's not. It's a bunch of guys getting together and playing music. They aren't coming to write any songs, there will be no recording, there will be no 50th Anniversary plans, nor are they writing out their set lists for the new tour.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: November 22, 2011 03:26

Midnight Toker
As much as I love Mick, I am beginning to like him less and less. He has no sense of humor and comes off a bit greedy these days. Maybe I am wrong.

...based on what??...the cobbling of a few interviews and the rants on this site?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 22, 2011 03:48

Midnight Toker

Well...you've said it...maybe you are.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: November 22, 2011 06:26

Midnight Toker

Funny, he's always said nice things about you...

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: November 22, 2011 12:03

Mick states his reasons for not coming to the sessions...

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: November 22, 2011 13:23

LOL

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Re: OK, here it is finally! (STONES TO JAM this month!!!)
Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 22, 2011 23:01

Doxa
Odd talk from Keith Richards. He makes a public announcement that he will jam with Charlie and Ronnie in London in this month, and "Mick's welcome." Well, if Jagger will not turn up, it will not be a Rolling Stones jam session.

I guess this is all meaningless PR bs in promoting the new product, SOME GIRLS re-issue, but still it sounds odd. I take Keith's talk to mean that Mick Jagger is not involved in this jam session, or any kind of primus motor in planning that. And I can't read that as any kind of positive signal in regards to future Stones activities. Besides it echoes so much the contrast Keith makes in LIFE of Mick against the others (the band), like separating Jagger from the rest of them.

Ronnie's comment is typical Ronnie bs: from the base of 35-40 years old tapes they make an imlplication what a great live and they not were, but ARE. Now, that's logic.

It looks like that the Stones decided to start the SOME GIRLS promotion work with the bullshit department. And Keith sounds still like promoting his book...

- Doxa

No Doxa this sounds to me like KR is trying to pull a rhythm section together for a great foundation to a Stones 2012 event.

I would guess the way he thinks that this is genuinely his intention, he's beyond promoting his book and the Some Girls thing too, except for relearning some of the tuines with Ronni8e and Charlie and maybe Mick.

You obviously can't tell MJ what to do even if you're KR.

Good news then. peace.

Posted by: mickjagger1009 ()
Date: November 23, 2011 06:41

I agree. There is not much question if Mick Jagger can still go on tour... he could. The real question is can the guitars still do it. I think Keith realizes that by the end of the last tour, he was not the force he once was. Mick knows it. I get the sense that Keith has really started taking better care of himself. I don't think he is drinking and smoking, although he would rather not come out and say that due to his image. Now being in a better pysical condition, he needs to see if he can bounce back some. I think Jagger needs to see a band that can still perform to go out with the Stones. I don't think they will go out with the guitars playing like they were in 2007. I think Keith needs to prove to himself and to Jagger that the guitars are up for a 50th anniversary tour. If Keith can do that, there will be a tour. If he can't prove it to both of them, there will not. No one can give a definitive answer on if there will be a tour because I really don't think they know yet. I think this jam is a big test. They can make it seem like they will just play together, hang out, jam, etc., but this jam will decide the touring future of the Rolling Stones.

"You'll be studying history and you'll be down the gym. And I'll be down the pub, probably playing pool and drinking."

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 23, 2011 09:34

mickjagger1009
I agree. There is not much question if Mick Jagger can still go on tour... he could. The real question is can the guitars still do it. I think Keith realizes that by the end of the last tour, he was not the force he once was. Mick knows it. I get the sense that Keith has really started taking better care of himself. I don't think he is drinking and smoking, although he would rather not come out and say that due to his image. Now being in a better pysical condition, he needs to see if he can bounce back some. I think Jagger needs to see a band that can still perform to go out with the Stones. I don't think they will go out with the guitars playing like they were in 2007. I think Keith needs to prove to himself and to Jagger that the guitars are up for a 50th anniversary tour. If Keith can do that, there will be a tour. If he can't prove it to both of them, there will not. No one can give a definitive answer on if there will be a tour because I really don't think they know yet. I think this jam is a big test. They can make it seem like they will just play together, hang out, jam, etc., but this jam will decide the touring future of the Rolling Stones.

This is completely plausible.

Re: OK, here it is finally! (STONES TO JAM this month!!!)
Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 23, 2011 10:22

Naturalust
Doxa
Odd talk from Keith Richards. He makes a public announcement that he will jam with Charlie and Ronnie in London in this month, and "Mick's welcome." Well, if Jagger will not turn up, it will not be a Rolling Stones jam session.

I guess this is all meaningless PR bs in promoting the new product, SOME GIRLS re-issue, but still it sounds odd. I take Keith's talk to mean that Mick Jagger is not involved in this jam session, or any kind of primus motor in planning that. And I can't read that as any kind of positive signal in regards to future Stones activities. Besides it echoes so much the contrast Keith makes in LIFE of Mick against the others (the band), like separating Jagger from the rest of them.

Ronnie's comment is typical Ronnie bs: from the base of 35-40 years old tapes they make an imlplication what a great live and they not were, but ARE. Now, that's logic.

It looks like that the Stones decided to start the SOME GIRLS promotion work with the bullshit department. And Keith sounds still like promoting his book...

- Doxa

No Doxa this sounds to me like KR is trying to pull a rhythm section together for a great foundation to a Stones 2012 event.

I would guess the way he thinks that this is genuinely his intention, he's beyond promoting his book and the Some Girls thing too, except for relearning some of the tuines with Ronni8e and Charlie and maybe Mick.

You obviously can't tell MJ what to do even if you're KR.

Good news then. peace.

Well, I have also updated my view since writing that in the first page of this thread when the announcement was "news". What you and mickjagger1009 write is the scenario I have in my mind also now.

- Doxa

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: November 23, 2011 23:25

"I don't think they will go out with the guitars playing like they were in 2007."

Ronnie wasn't bad, he infact carried the guitar on the ABB Tour. He has also been playing good the last years, both solo, with Faces and as a guest.
The solution is probably a trio of Keith, Ronnie and Mick T., where Ronnie and Keith do the rythm part and Mict T. the solo.

Posted by: mickjagger1009 ()
Date: November 23, 2011 23:36

I agree with this completely:

"The solution is probably a trio of Keith, Ronnie and Mick T., where Ronnie and Keith do the rythm part and Mict T. the solo."

Because I disagree with you about Ronnie. He can't play a solo like he used to... and Keith could use some help with the rythm these days... its a perfect solution.

"You'll be studying history and you'll be down the gym. And I'll be down the pub, probably playing pool and drinking."

Date: November 24, 2011 11:35

mickjagger1009
I agree with this completely:

"The solution is probably a trio of Keith, Ronnie and Mick T., where Ronnie and Keith do the rythm part and Mict T. the solo."

Because I disagree with you about Ronnie. He can't play a solo like he used to... and Keith could use some help with the rythm these days... its a perfect solution.

BS, they should both be playing solos, of course.

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: November 24, 2011 12:38

mtaylor
"I don't think they will go out with the guitars playing like they were in 2007."

Ronnie wasn't bad, he infact carried the guitar on the ABB Tour. He has also been playing good the last years, both solo, with Faces and as a guest.
The solution is probably a trio of Keith, Ronnie and Mick T., where Ronnie and Keith do the rythm part and Mict T. the solo.

We see you predilections by your cyber name, but it's not going to be that way. MT is not going to be playing all the solos for the Rolling Stonex in 2012 or 2013. If he is involved, all three guitarists will solo.

Date: November 24, 2011 13:45

TeddyB1018
mtaylor

We see you predilections by your cyber name, but it's not going to be that way. MT is not going to be playing all the solos for the Rolling Stonex in 2012 or 2013. If he is involved, all three guitarists will solo.

so, then, what's keith's role...serving wench?

Date: November 24, 2011 14:04

StonesTod

with exceptions of course:

keith does bandleading and embellishments* (like duke ellington in his latter days)

ronnie does mandatory rhythm and themes...

taylor does solos and prettification*...

everybody goes home happy

*"prettification" is much like "embellishments", only more so, yet still neither
strident nor overbearing

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-24 14:17 by nocomment.

Date: November 24, 2011 14:20

nocomment
StonesTod

keith does bandleading and embellishments* (like duke ellington in his latter days)

*"prettification" is much like "embellishments", only more so, yet still neither
strident nor overbearing

i thought ronnie was the prettification guy...you know, like when mick exhorts ron to "play it pretty woody"? i guess maybe ron has been giving keith prettification lessons or something...

Date: November 24, 2011 15:25

nocomment

keith does bandleading** and embellishments* (like duke ellington in his latter days)

strident nor overbearing

**clarification: bandleading involves varying amounts of rhythm work,
depending on the mood of the maestro.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1924
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home