Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 29
Re: Stones to jam in studio this month
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 10, 2011 02:48

Gazza
Seriously, what the f**k is there to be unhappy about?

state of the economy...the penn state sitch....my dog has fleas...just for openers....

Posted by: Loudei ()
Date: November 10, 2011 02:50

I am thrilled! Gazza ... bring on the tour, I'll be there.

Gazza
So much over-analytical bullshit as usual. Some people here should be working for contact music with the ludicrous spin they put on any Stones news.

Band members who havent played together for four years getting their chops together and making some music as theyve played so little lately, in order to get back into some kind of groove so that rehearsal time next year is less an issue if they keep relatively busy. Its also normal practice for some of them to work on some stuff together before they go near a recording studio (Mick was working with Charlie a few months ago, for example)

Keith Richards wants some much-needed guitar practice with a view to working with the Rolling Stones in the near future. And there's the prospect of more archive releases.

Seriously, what the f**k is there to be unhappy about?

Posted by: Sam Spade ()
Date: November 10, 2011 03:05

Sorry, I'm not that enthusiastic about this, it sounds more like Phase I of the PR blitz for the SG reissue.

This month, Keith Richards will meet fellow Rolling Stones Ronnie Wood and Charlie Watts in a London studio. "We're just going to play a little together, because we haven't played for three or four years," Richards says. "You don't necessarily want to rehearse or write anything – you just want to touch bases. That's a good start: me, Charlie and Ronnie. Mick's welcome, and I'm sure he'll turn up, but right now we just want to get our chops down."

Haven't Ronnie and Charlie been making music for the past year? Keith is the one who needs to practice.

Beginning in October 1977, the band hunkered down at a live rehearsal space in Paris' Pathé Marconi studios and jammed for months on end. "Everybody was exploding with riffs," says Wood.

September 30, 1977: Keith Richards and Ron Wood take the Concorde to Paris, France, to start rehearsals for the Rolling Stones' next recording sessions.

Appears they were jamming for 10 days only prior to beginning work on Some Girls.

October 10-November 25, 1977: The Rolling Stones start recording sessions for Some Girls at EMI- Pathé Marconi Studios in Paris, France, with engineer Chris Kimsey.

December 9-21, 1977: The Rolling Stones resume recording sessions for Some Girls in Paris, working on Miss You, Just My Imagination and Black Limousine among others.

January 5-March 2, 1978: The Rolling Stones resume and complete recording sessions for Some Girls at EMI-Pathé Marconi Studios near Paris, France. Far Away Eyes, Start Me Up, Some Girls, Lies, Hang Fire and Before They Make Me Run are among the songs recorded.

Beyond that, the Stones' plans for their 50th anniversary next year remain unclear. "I just hope we can perform live," says Wood. "It'd be great to see if that old spark is there."

Ronnie has been with them for 36 years, the band itself is just shy of 50 years and Ronnie wants to see "if that old spark is there."

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 10, 2011 03:11

Loudei
Don Was lovers I see... well I would rather have a producer that could help these cats make new music instead of a fanatic producer wanting to revive some past glory. The old stuff is great I like the music too, but seriously what has Don Was giving us and the Stones? 17 years is enough!!!!!

RICK RUBIN
DANIEL LANOIS
T BONE BURNETT

where are you?!?

Yes Don Was should take a hike. And any of you don't like my honest opinnion you can all kiss my ass. >grinning smiley<

Rubin and Jagger hate each other and Lanois (great producer in his own right) would ruin the Stones' sound.

If they're not motivated to write good songs then no producer in the world is going to be able to polish a turd.

Next.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-10 03:28 by Gazza.

Posted by: jjsteve ()
Date: November 10, 2011 03:38

""If they never went in the studio again, you could have a new Stones album every year for the next 50 years, and it would all be good."

so why the hell do we only get 10 songs each time and not all the material don was?

Date: November 10, 2011 03:42

'cos he's their employee, not their employer.

(theres 12 on the new one, by the way...)

Re: OK, here it is finally! (STONES TO JAM this month!!!)
Posted by: flilflam ()
Date: November 10, 2011 03:44

It would appear that the Stones are going to embark on a world tour soon, and I am elated. I hope to see a new CD soon, instead of all the remakes of older CD's.

The Stones always say they hope they can still play together. They get their groove back in a couple of days. Where can I buy two tickets to see the Stones at Nationwide Arena in Columbus, Ohio!!??

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: November 10, 2011 03:45

Be nice if Keith brought some solid songs with him.

Date: November 10, 2011 03:51

flilflam
It would appear that the Stones are going to embark on a world tour soon, and I am elated. I hope to see a new CD soon, instead of all the remakes of older CD's.

The Stones always say they hope they can still play together. They get their groove back in a couple of days. Where can I buy two tickets to see the Stones at Nationwide Arena in Columbus, Ohio!!??

In the parking lot outside should be easy enough!

Psst - maybe they'll play Schottenstein instead. There cant be too many cities in the world that have two 20,000 capacity indoor arenas...

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: November 10, 2011 03:54

No, no, no...
- too much hopin`,too little substance...

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: November 10, 2011 03:55

Gazza
flilflam

Psst - maybe they'll play Schottenstein instead. There cant be too many cities in the world that have two 20,000 capacity indoor arenas...
And a 100,000 seat stadium. Biggest little city in Ohio.eye rolling smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: November 10, 2011 04:06

Mick's voice is not going to magically revert to 1968. Some people, and you know who you are, do nothing but bitch about how his voice is nasal and mannered. I don't hear it, but you must have incredible ears. I just heard the updated Plundered My Soul and Sophia Loren and they were magnificient. The only jarring thing is the female background singers, which they never used in the old days except for the choir on YCAGWYW. I'm assuming you will not be attending any new concerts or buying any new album, or listening to the update SG tracks or any others in the future where the nasal, mannered Mick Jagger dares to put down vocals. Good luck being miserable.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 10, 2011 05:11

StonesTod
treaclefingers
StonesTod
Hillside Blues
StonesTod
any predictions on what will be on the 2058 new stones album?

I hear Fiji Jim will be included on that one.

let's see now...jagger will be 115 then...hope his overdubs don't ruin it....

I hear they are planning on cryogenically freezing his larynx next year...which means no new stones output for awhile, but come 2058 at least we'll get his 68 year old voice on some new overdubs on the late 70s recordings!

remember that creepy bit on the 25x5 video where mick comes out of his frozen state from 1972? that gave me the willies...sorta like alot of what goes on with him now...

If memory serves, that was from Video Rewind, and it was actually Bill the Caretakers fault for waking Mick up.

And yes, it was a little unsettling.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: November 10, 2011 05:15

Gazza
flilflam

I much prefer them at Nationwide, long and narrow...easier parking and getaway...unless you're coming in to see them--then you can have whichever venue you like. :-)

I see nothing but good news in this announcement, Charlie, Ronnie and Keith! Mick will join in later on, hopefully...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-10 05:16 by angee.

Posted by: neylon79 ()
Date: November 10, 2011 06:41

I read the mick is welcome line in a less aggressive manner. Keith just saying that the band need to rehearse together, go over some warhorses and oldies if it's a tour, rehearse and jam to write songs if it's an album. Mick doesn't need to rehearse brown sugar, and he might not want to show up to write songs until the band has something of substance. But if he wants to come and get in on the action, he's welcome to.
That's how I read it anyway.

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: November 10, 2011 07:22

I love this place! A place a hard-core Kennedy Assassination enthusiast would feel at home in.

Mick's Absence means . . ..???? Keith's leaking a coded message through crony's at RStone Mag! Ronnie said 'spark' that's code for . . .??????

THE TODGER!!!! OMG!!! That's the missing piece of the puzzle.

Another political controversy -- Watergate -- is perhaps the most illuminating: "Follow the money."

Nothing will prevent them from cashing in on the 50th thing not even 'Life.' If they can play, not a small issue, and the economics, insurance, etc, are favorable it will happen. The size (sorry Mick) and scope are uncertain, but it will happen.

Aint' no way they are going to say no to cashing in.

BTW, if they can record F-Was, so yesterday. Jack White. Or MickJ swallow hard and get Rubin. Don't play it safe and go out like Pussies!

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: November 10, 2011 10:10

Loudei
You are an idiot for not knowing.

Intelligent humor. Cool.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: November 10, 2011 10:15

Loudei
kiss my ass

Could I see a picture of it first before I say yes or no ?

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: November 10, 2011 10:26

Gazza
Loudei
Don Was lovers I see... well I would rather have a producer that could help these cats make new music instead of a fanatic producer wanting to revive some past glory. The old stuff is great I like the music too, but seriously what has Don Was giving us and the Stones? 17 years is enough!!!!!

RICK RUBIN
DANIEL LANOIS
T BONE BURNETT

where are you?!?

Yes Don Was should take a hike. And any of you don't like my honest opinnion you can all kiss my ass. >grinning smiley<

Rubin and Jagger hate each other and Lanois (great producer in his own right) would ruin the Stones' sound.

If they're not motivated to write good songs then no producer in the world is going to be able to polish a turd.

Next.

Chris Kimsey is still around...

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 10, 2011 11:02

..... and T BONE BURNETT would have ta be one of the most boring producers around ...

ROCKMAN

Date: November 10, 2011 11:16

Rockman
..... and T BONE BURNETT would have ta be one of the most boring producers around ...

+ 1

He would have wanted the Stones to go as lo-fi as they can get. Listen to John Mellencamp's latest - all recorded in a circle with one mike. It's fun for a couple of songs, but then you really start urging for a better sonic experience, imo.

Posted by: Scooby ()
Date: November 10, 2011 11:22

Gazza
Loudei

RICK RUBIN
DANIEL LANOIS
T BONE BURNETT

where are you?!?

Next.

Pretty much as I see it too.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 10, 2011 11:22

Rolling Hansie
Loudei
kiss my ass

Could I see a picture of it first before I say yes or no ?

LOL!

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: November 10, 2011 11:42

I would be curious to see what jack white could do as a producer

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: November 10, 2011 11:46

so if the stones are going to last another 50 years(dead or alive) that takes me up to 93(dead or alive) if im still going i might just chuck being a stones fan though, 93 is as good an age as any to quit.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: November 10, 2011 11:46

Gazza
Loudei

RICK RUBIN
DANIEL LANOIS
T BONE BURNETT

where are you?!?

Next.

yes and ... no
of course without good songs there's no chance to have a good record
and yet a producer that has word on the sound and the band choices could push them to risk something or not, could understand and show them were the real deal is or not
was seems to be a guy on the "or not" side
maybe a good coach for them as a studio pal but not someone to push them further (if there's still something to push of course..)
i recently listened again to the voodoo lounge sessions and again i got struck by the feeling that somewhere there there was an incredible and edgy and mean record that was in the end tamed and sanitized a great deal, overdone also
of course jagger in the first place and also richards and the way they have been working "together" in the last decades are the only ones accountable for the result
still i think/dream of someone that could "help" mick evaluate better stuff like why you running or look out baby or samba etc
also i think it depends a lot on what these guys listen to and like
i mean, it is different if nowadays you spin joss stone and norah jones or say anna calvi and bon iver...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-10 12:18 by maumau.

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: November 10, 2011 12:44

In my ears it sounds like Jagger is still pissed of Richards. And this is Richards' try to put the preasure on Jagger to join or split the band.

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: November 10, 2011 12:46

Whichever slant or otherwise you want to put on it, this news has got to be better than them not playing together at all, which is what we've had for the last 5 years. Over-analysing what they're doing is futile....it may or may not be the beginning of their plans for next year, but at least it's a start !!
Chris

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: November 10, 2011 13:03

Hope they record the sessions - if it's decent enough we could almost have Keith's riposte to Jammin' With Edward but 40 years on.

Date: November 10, 2011 13:19

Thommie
In my ears it sounds like Jagger is still pissed of Richards. And this is Richards' try to put the preasure on Jagger to join or split the band.

How can you read that from what Keith says??

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1696
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home