Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: OT - Black Sabbath is back
Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: November 6, 2011 02:26

They´re back and they´ll rock as they`ve always done. Period,

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: November 6, 2011 02:32

mickijaggeroo
They´re back and they´ll rock as they`ve always done. Period,

I agree- and if they mount a large tour and play well, they have a chance to pull of something sort of classic and unexpected - a genuine comeback tour that matters

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: November 6, 2011 07:54

I hope they do a Black Sabbath tour (as opposed to headlining something like Ozzfest). I saw them (1st of 4 times) from the 8th row at the Long Beach Arena a few months after Paranoid was released

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: November 6, 2011 13:27

HB I would ask them if Dio's death has something to do with this new Reunion. Not only for Heaven and Hell's members who had no longer singer but maybe it was a shock and time to realize that time goes by.

There is an anecdotic debat about wether or not Ozzy is the one who sings on The great "Solitude". It does not sound like his voice but it is supposed to be. an official answer would be appreciated.

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Date: November 6, 2011 16:28

toomuch-these are good and different - let me see what i can do (the dio angle interested me, too - though my gut says this is a totally separate affair)

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: November 6, 2011 20:50

I want a tour, not festivals

But I really don't want an album. There is nothing to be gained from new material because like the Stones, it simply cannot match up to the godlike genius past

Date: November 6, 2011 23:20

oh good we get to hear ozzy butcher the sabbath classics. i'd go just to say i saw the real sabbath but i've seen them with dio

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: November 6, 2011 23:33

saw the orginal Black Sabbath in 2005 in an amazing super concert, all 4 members were in top form!!!!

Saw also Black Sabbath with Toni Iommi as only orginal member, in 1990, but that concert sucked!!!

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: November 8, 2011 03:13

BLACK SABBATH PLANNING "SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT" THIS WEEK

11/7/2011

The original members of Black Sabbath will be making a "special announcement" on Friday (November 11) at the Whiskey a Go-Go in Los Angeles, where the group played its first show in the city 41 years ago that date. There's no word on exactly what the group will be announcing: frontman Ozzy Osbourne told Billboard.com in October that some new Black Sabbath material was "a very, very strong possibility," while guitarist Tony Iommi tells The Insider that the quartet got together to play earlier this year "for a bit of fun, and to see if we could all play. It was good, but it was just purely, 'Let's have a go and see what happens.' " As for future recording and touring, Iommi says that the four are "talking. We've always been talking, to be honest. We've always been in touch wtih each other. There might be a lawsuit in-between us, but we still talk to each other like nothing's happened." The most recent legalities occurred in 2009, when Osbourne sued Iommi over the latter's ownership of the Black Sabbath name. The matter was settled out of court in June of 2010, and the terms have never been revealed. Iommi says that "it would be nice to do another album with the guys, yeah. There's always unfinished business, isn't there?" The original quartet's last studio album was "Never Say Die" in 1978. Meanwhile, Iommi has published his autobiography "Iron Man: My Journey Through Heaven & Hell With Black Sabbath," while the documentary "God Bless Ozzy Osbourne" comes out on DVD and Blu-ray on November 15.

Date: November 8, 2011 04:41

Like I said, I'll be there - I'll have pics and interviews later that morning - I'll share some here for anyone that is interested

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: November 8, 2011 05:19

hbwriter
Like I said, I'll be there - I'll have pics and interviews later that morning - I'll share some here for anyone that is interested
Thanks so much. Greatly looking forward to an official announcement of any kind.

Date: November 8, 2011 09:59

double post

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-08 10:00 by RollingFreak.

Date: November 8, 2011 10:36

another "we are getting back together" tour. ozzy's voice won't make it past the first 10 shows

Date: November 8, 2011 11:43

21stcenturystones
another "we are getting back together" tour. ozzy's voice won't make it past the first 10 shows

if that many

Posted by: TheDailyBuzzherd ()
Date: November 8, 2011 18:10

Perry Mason's on the case.

Date: November 11, 2011 10:32

so i got a note that henry rollins is hosting the event tomorrow morning - just fyi

like i said, i'll have pics and video from this

Date: November 11, 2011 12:09

hbwriter
so i got a note that henry rollins is hosting the event tomorrow morning - just fyi

like i said, i'll have pics and video from this
Still very excited. Thanks so much for sharing the info here with everyone.

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: November 11, 2011 13:21

Date: November 11, 2011 18:57

Damn. Thought the announcement would have happened already. Realizing that I guess its Pacific time if theres another 2 hours.

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: November 11, 2011 21:22

Studio album and world tour for 2012 --- will be nice to hear and see

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: November 11, 2011 21:31

Will head the Download Festival

Date: November 11, 2011 21:35

Wonder if hbwriter has any dates that they may have announced. I'm guessing it probably won't be till later next fall for the US judging by the Download Festival date. I'm also wondering how much of this new album is completed. I mean, I can't imagine they're almost done and NO ONE knew about this or how far along it was.

Posted by: TheDailyBuzzherd ()
Date: November 11, 2011 21:52

RATS ... and I thought BUFFALO SPRINGFIELD was going to reunite.

Date: November 11, 2011 23:51

no songs finished yet - rick rubin told me they sound great though- and they are writing every day - i will have more here in just a few - just got back and have to sort through

Date: November 12, 2011 00:09

my first story on it - just an overview -just went up -
[www.noisecreep.com]

Date: November 12, 2011 00:12

and here is a shot my son took that I'd like to just share here with IORR

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: November 12, 2011 01:57

A fantastic photo. They look great. Good for them. I'm truly excited just looking at it. Thanks HB.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: November 12, 2011 02:08

Nice. The Godfathers of metal. Love to see them.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: November 12, 2011 02:43

Great news! This really could be something interesting and special. It bodes well that Rubin is at the helm, let's hope Ozzy can put it out....

Date: November 12, 2011 02:45

The band seems focused and ready - Rubin is more than ready to pull something cool out of them - they are all taking this very seriously

hey - here is a shot I took of Ozzy this morning - just for you all here on iorr

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1492
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home