Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6
Re: Bill Wyman + Mandy Smith
Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: February 3, 2016 04:24

Bill is one sick puppy

Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: February 3, 2016 04:46

Cooltoplady
Bill is one sick puppy

Agreed.

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: February 3, 2016 06:21

keefriff99
latebloomer
I've always thought it was a strange double standard between the sexes when it comes to this issue. With older man/very young or underage girl the "ick" factor is quite strong, but if you reverse it and have an older woman with a much younger or underage boy, the reaction is often quite different, as in....that aboy!

I used to be more judgmental about it, but the older I get the more I feel it depends on the individuals. Sometimes it works out, as is the case with Charlie Chaplin and Oona O’Neill, whom he married when she was 18 and he was in his fifties. They went on to have six children and were supposedly devoted to one another. But by all accounts, Bill and Mandy were a disaster together.
Chaplin was a known ephebophile (attracted to teenagers).

There's nothing biologically incorrect with a man of any age being attracted to a pubescent teen girl...society has set boundaries saying it's ethically wrong, but biologically, a man is supposed to be attracted to young women of child-bearing age.

Chaplin and Oona had 8 children together, not 6. He had a total of 10 children altogether. I'm a huge Chaplin fan, so I kinda know this stuff. He met Oona when she was 17 and married soon after she turned 18 and he 54. As for Chaplin being ephebophile...I don't know. Chaplin fans have discussed this for years. Paulette Goddard was in her mid-20's when they started dating. That whole Joan Berry fiasco, she was in her early '20s, too...but he was 50.

As for Bill: I knew a girl who was their flight attendant on some flights during the 1981 tour. She had nice things to say about all of them (Mick was a kind of aloof), except for Bill who she called "a dirty old man." And believe me, this girl was no angel. FWIW.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: February 3, 2016 06:30

May I remind you that doing heroin and other narcotics for many years, across many international boundaries was also quite illegal and some would say immoral. And I'll just bet you an underage girl or two found there way in other Stones' beds. Something inspired Stray Cat Blues.

Date: February 3, 2016 06:43

24FPS
May I remind you that doing heroin and other narcotics for many years, across many international boundaries was also quite illegal and some would say immoral. And I'll just bet you an underage girl or two found there way in other Stones' beds. Something inspired Stray Cat Blues.

I don't think anyone's saying that didn't happen (on a few occasions!), but I'll bet you a lot of groups were pretty cautious about it. Micky Dolenz tells a story about chain-letter paternity letters he used to get, from places he had never been. Meaning he's get a letter from the Smiths in New Jersey saying "if you send us $500..." Then he would show it to other rock groups and they'd say, "Oh, you got that letter from them, too? So did I!."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-03 06:44 by tomk.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: February 3, 2016 07:23

The equation is pretty simple: Old man with money or/and success equals very young pretty girl. Both Wyman and Chaplin would most certainly have been rejected had they not been rich and famous.
I have seen the other way around but it's very rare (and in some cases the young man turns out gay).

Date: February 3, 2016 08:20

Stoneage
Both Wyman and Chaplin would most certainly have been rejected had they not been rich and famous.
I have seen the other way around but it's very rare (and in some cases the young man turns out gay).

Well, Chaplin was more than famous. He was WORLD FAMOUS. More than most people can contemplate nowadays. This would be about 1916, when he was 26-27. I'm a Chaplin fan, but I do admit he got himself in trouble a few times. Regarding Bill and the Mandy Smith deal, I'm sure somebody slapped him upside the head and asked him him what the hell he was doing, but...

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: February 3, 2016 09:07

Back in 1990 the Stones wrote a song that, perhaps, had something to do with this called "Sex Drive": [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: February 3, 2016 12:19

Stoneage
The equation is pretty simple: Old man with money or/and success equals very young pretty girl. Both Wyman and Chaplin would most certainly have been rejected had they not been rich and famous.

It is part of our biology to seek
Out successful mates

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1640
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home