Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6
Re: Bill Wyman + Mandy Smith
Posted by: franzk ()
Date: October 14, 2011 14:04

midimannz
Woah , only 120 years ago you were lucky to live till 40! Probably married by 13-16 as a girl, 20 as a boy.

relevant even today in some parts of the world

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: October 14, 2011 14:56

lapaz62
I had sex with a 14 year old, she was the older woman and took advantage of me, still haven't forgotten that 30 seconds.

x

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-09 20:35 by vudicus.

Date: October 14, 2011 15:21

I don´t know if he made things even worse when he stated (verbatim) that she and he slept nude together for months and he never even touch her...

watch here from 2:45

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: October 14, 2011 15:39

Bill's thing about "Joe Blo... down the road", it does happen and these people get beat up and all kinds of stuff.

Posted by: nanker phelge ()
Date: October 14, 2011 15:54

lapaz62
Maybe he was just doing research, hey Pete.

Ha Ha ha Very funny! - made me laugh out loud!

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: October 14, 2011 15:59

lapaz62

Always wondered if the song 5:15 was about the age range of his sexual "partners". That's the song with line "Girls of 15, sexually knowing"..hmmm.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: October 14, 2011 16:33

Baxter Thwaites
LeonidP
We weren't discussing jerry lee lewis ... and wasn't she 13 when Bill began dating her? It's funny, in Bill's book, he claims that he thought she was 21. Yeah, right.

To be fair she looked a lot older than 13.

That's not fair, sorry. He still knew her age, or found out soon after. And possibly she looked 14 or 15, certainly not 21 as Bill claims. Keep making excuses for the inexcusable.

Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: October 14, 2011 16:48

Father Ted
lapaz62

Always wondered if the song 5:15 was about the age range of his sexual "partners". That's the song with line "Girls of 15, sexually knowing"..hmmm.

I miss lyrics like this & 'Stray Cat Blues'. Everything is so PC these days. eye rolling smiley

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: October 14, 2011 16:55

Everything is so PC indeed.

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: October 14, 2011 16:57

Bill was not in really big trouble because Mandy's Mom
was ok with it...In fact she started dating Bill's son Steve....

Keep it in the family!! FAMILY---Good song..ha.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 14, 2011 16:59

Bliss
brianwalker
Bliss
Mandy presented herself as an 18 year old, in terms of the way she dressed, and also the way she was out in public, available to Bill. Her mother, who later married Bill"s son, also colluded in the arrangement. So I do not think of him as a predatory pedophile.

He knew she was 14.

It doesn't matter one bit what her Mother thought of it. Are you seriously saying that if a 50 year old man can find a 13 year old whos Mother doesn't care then anything is fair game? he can just say well her Mother didn't care.

If you want to start a thread about her skills as a Mother we can, but this thread is about Wyman.

Yes, those are my views. I don't think Bill exploited Mandy.

Regardless of whether those are your views, and regardless of whether the mother was complicit, had Mandy complained, Bill would be playing Jailhouse Rock.

Date: October 14, 2011 17:02

Sleepy City
Braincapers
Bliss
Mandy presented herself as an 18 year old, in terms of the way she dressed, and also the way she was out in public, available to Bill. Her mother, who later married Bill"s son, also colluded in the arrangement. So I do not think of him as a predatory pedophile.
wiki says "paedophilia is defined as a psychiatric disorder...typically characterized by a primary or exclusive sexual interest in prepubescent children"

I'm no expert but I think a paedo would be interested in a 14 yr old who looked her age or younger. Bill fancied a 14 year old who looked older so I wouldn't call him a paedophile.

However, while paedophiles are driven to these acts a non paedo who has sex with a 14 yr isn't compelled he makes a choice. Which is at least is just as bad. In this case if Bill knew her age and still had sex with her, regardless of what the mother thought, he was a sex offender who should have ben prosecuted (and probably the mother too which is why she didn't cooperate with the police).

There can't be many 13 or 14 year olds that are "prepubescent"... So, right or wrong, legal or illegal, it can't be described as "paedophilia" (unless you're a tabloid press reporter).

Gimme a break...I don't think as to whether someone has developed pubic hair is the 'all clear sign' on taking advantage of them.

Date: October 14, 2011 19:19

treaclefingers
Sleepy City
Braincapers
Bliss
wiki says "paedophilia is defined as a psychiatric disorder...typically characterized by a primary or exclusive sexual interest in prepubescent children"

I'm no expert but I think a paedo would be interested in a 14 yr old who looked her age or younger. Bill fancied a 14 year old who looked older so I wouldn't call him a paedophile.

However, while paedophiles are driven to these acts a non paedo who has sex with a 14 yr isn't compelled he makes a choice. Which is at least is just as bad. In this case if Bill knew her age and still had sex with her, regardless of what the mother thought, he was a sex offender who should have ben prosecuted (and probably the mother too which is why she didn't cooperate with the police).

There can't be many 13 or 14 year olds that are "prepubescent"... So, right or wrong, legal or illegal, it can't be described as "paedophilia" (unless you're a tabloid press reporter).

Gimme a break...I don't think as to whether someone has developed pubic hair is the 'all clear sign' on taking advantage of them.

I didn't say it was right, I'm just saying it's not the correct term.

Posted by: DragonSky ()
Date: October 14, 2011 19:21

Mandy Smith was a real person? She always looked like he jacked her out of some wax museum to haul around and poke while on tour I thought.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: October 14, 2011 19:35

I believe that I read that Keith and Mick were somewhat disgusted by Bill. If any grown man touched my 14 year old doughter I'd be sitting in prison right now. That includes Bill.

Date: October 14, 2011 19:51

More Hot Rocks
I believe that I read that Keith and Mick were somewhat disgusted by Bill.

Where did you read that? I doubt it somehow, though Keith probably assumed that Bill was just making her cups of weak tea.

Posted by: punkfloyd ()
Date: October 14, 2011 20:04

I didn't want to give my opinion in my opening post, to avoid forcing the conversation...but I think what Bill did is disgusting and I lost all respect for the guy when I heard about it. In the interview with him posted above he sounds so disingenuous when he is discussing it. An innocent thing from the heart...right.

Guess it's the quiet ones ya gotta look out for.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-14 20:06 by punkfloyd.

Posted by: ineedadrink ()
Date: October 14, 2011 20:26

perhaps mandy can be the opening act on the next stones tour.

Posted by: Happy Jack ()
Date: October 14, 2011 20:29

I'm sorry if it came out that I was excusing Bill's actions because other people have done them, I most certainly am not. My point, and perhaps I wasn't clear, was that Bill was not the only star to have slept with an underage girl, but perhaps was the most visible and the oldest to have been caught. I agree Wyman should have been prosecuted and I wonder if some legal wrangling took place behind the scenes so he didn't? Consensual my a**. From what I've read Mandy's parents were "ok with it" (e.g the money I'm sure). Its like when Howard Hughes pursued young girls and their parents were OK with it.
OK end of rant.

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: October 14, 2011 21:07

Mandy Smith: I DID sleep with Bill Wyman when I was 14...

Read more: [www.dailymail.co.uk]

Date: October 15, 2011 00:39

Sleepy City
treaclefingers
Sleepy City
Braincapers
Bliss

I didn't say it was right, I'm just saying it's not the correct term.

I'm just saying that physically developed is not the same as mentally or emotionally...everyone develops at a different rate for different things.

The safest bet is to NOT go there at all.

Date: October 15, 2011 00:41

Sleepy City
More Hot Rocks

Where did you read that? I doubt it somehow, though Keith probably assumed that Bill was just making her cups of weak tea.

I've read the same thing...but it was in the 80's when it all happened. It was quite an embarrassment.

Date: October 15, 2011 00:44

Bill's wife Suzanne was 17 when they first hooked up. Still on the young side for a guy in his forties at the time.

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: October 15, 2011 02:52

treaclefingers
Send It To me
it's only rock n' roll

unless it were to happen to your daughter.

In this instance wasn't the mother promoting the relationship?

Just sayin.......

Date: October 15, 2011 04:26

1cdog
treaclefingers
Send It To me
it's only rock n' roll

unless it were to happen to your daughter.

In this instance wasn't the mother promoting the relationship?

Just sayin.......

Well, if the mother is a crack whore, it still doesn't mean the child abrogates their rights.

Just sayin'

Date: October 15, 2011 06:53

treaclefingers
Sleepy City
More Hot Rocks

I've read the same thing...but it was in the 80's when it all happened. It was quite an embarrassment.

Being "embarassed" & being "disgusted" are very different things. I'd still like to know the source. Mick's probable only concern would've been the possibility of it damaging the band.

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: October 15, 2011 09:12

As far as I know Keith was never disgusted by Chuck Berry. Bill might have made a mistake, but why he should be pay for the same mistake for thirty years. Mandy Smith received millions, so the story is over.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: October 15, 2011 11:10

STRAY CAT BLUES was based on a real affair Mick had. And whereas, on the studio version, Mick says the girl was 15, on the Ya Yas version he says she's 13. Hmmm...wonder which is the truth?

Mick dated Devon Wilson—most famous as Jimi Hendrix's girlfriend—who told "Rags" magazine the following about Mick: "You know the song STRAY CAT BLUES? He told me he wrote it about a certain chick. He said he usually doesn't write like that but he had this one particular lady in mind. When he was in California the girl called him and said, `Thanks for writing that song about me.' He was shocked because he didn't think she could have recognized herself. But she did and it completely freaked him." She added. "He told me he likes fourteen-year-old girls who look like little boys."

Date: October 15, 2011 12:25

Title5Take1
"He told me he likes fourteen-year-old girls who look like little boys."

winking smiley

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: October 15, 2011 12:38

Stray Cat Blues came out in 1968. The RS never made a secret of their taste, in terms of that song. It has never been banned, no one ever condemned it on the basis of pedophilia, real or imagined.

Watch 'Blow Up'. The wannabe models looked distinctly underage, and no one ever said the film lacked plausibility.

The girls who throw themselves at rock stars and star photographers are not shy little flowers.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1434
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home