Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
"Superheavy" -album is no.2 in germanys charts
Posted by: Havo ()
Date: September 28, 2011 09:08

No surprise for me,cause almost every Stones-Album reached the top of the charts here, Even Jaggers "Goodess in the doorway" reached the No. 2 position.

Re: "Superheavy" -album is no.2 in germanys charts
Posted by: HighwireC ()
Date: September 28, 2011 09:33

Havo
No surprise for me,cause almost every Stones-Album reached the top of the charts here, Even Jaggers "Goodess in the doorway" reached the No. 2 position.

Why "Even" ?? Don't you like it? Are the germans silly people?
I say: No! Germans like good music and competent musicians, too. So it's no wonder that SuperHeavy goes to the top of the german charts.

BTW: Germany is the biggest marketplace for The Rolling Stones in Europe. They know it, dit the most european life acts here.

And yes, SuperHeavy will open up some very new market, worldwide.

Jagger did it.

cool smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-28 11:01 by HighwireC.

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: September 28, 2011 09:56

It's even number 1 in The Netherlands (dutchcharts

What also is an important factor is that buying albums is mostly popular among the people
of 30 years and older. That's why "older acts" like dEus and the Red Hot Chili Peppers are also
in the top 5.

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Posted by: novica ()
Date: September 28, 2011 09:57

great !
good music ,just listening to World Keeps Turning

Date: September 28, 2011 10:27

SuperHeavy No. 2 in swiss charts, too
[hitparade.ch]

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: September 28, 2011 10:55

...and it was heavy played in bars in Sicilia...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: September 28, 2011 11:32

If Germany is the number 1 marketplace in Europe why is the Some Girls movie only being played in one theater? I'm still upset about this. Would rather see the movie than have the SuperHeavy CD.

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: September 28, 2011 11:49

HighwireC
Havo

I say: No! Germans like good music and competent musicians, too. So it's no wonder that SuperHeavy goes to the top of the german charts.

BTW: Germany is the biggest marketplace for The Rolling Stones in Europe. They know it, dit the most european life acts here.

Jagger did it.

cool smiley

Germans are NOT competent musicians, they are competent carbuilders.

Date: September 28, 2011 11:51

JumpinJeppeFlash
HighwireC
Havo

Jagger did it.

cool smiley

Germans are NOT competent musicians, they are competent carbuilders.

LOL! smiling smiley

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: September 28, 2011 11:58

It's 13 or 14 in the UK.

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: September 28, 2011 12:45

No surprise; in the German charts we had Heintje, Milli Vanilli, Bony M and another crap "lonely at the top" ...

Date: September 28, 2011 12:53

RobertJohnson
No surprise; in the German charts we had Heintje, Milli Vanilli, Bony M and another crap "lonely at the top" ...

Haha..thumbs up

Date: September 28, 2011 13:13

JumpinJeppeFlash
RobertJohnson

Haha..thumbs up

Ahh, Heinje, the little dutchman!!! That can really explain the SuperHeavy No.1 position in The Netherland, I see smoking smiley

And The Rolling Stones will avoid the german market because of too high chart positions here [de.wikipedia.org] ...?
eye popping smiley
Ha!

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: September 28, 2011 13:27

RobertJohnson

Don´t think Boney M and Milli Vanilli have been chart toppers in Germany exclusively,and I´d like to add
a swedish pop group...

Nevertheless,the charts nowadays to compare with those from the early seventies is relatively questionable regarding
the development of population,formats,sales,media presence...

I´m sure Andrea Berg´s new album released this week will top the german charts sooner...or later.grinning smiley

Date: September 28, 2011 13:33

Heintje was in 1962

very cute, my mother loved this song. Don't blame my mother, please!!! smoking smiley

Date: September 28, 2011 13:37

HighwireC
Heintje was in 1962

Oh...thought he might have had a smash hit in the early seventies as well,but I could be wrong....

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: September 28, 2011 13:39

[/quote]
Still, germans are not competent musicians and Germany don´t have any kind of good music culture, but if somebody like ramstein i suggest they go to germany right away.[/quote]

A ridiculous post. There are not many famous german rock'n'roll bands since this music is somehow connected to the english language. There are great german jazz musicians, and you can listen to great classical performers from all over the world in every german small town. And one should not forget musicians like Max Raabe who revitalized the musical heritage of the 1920's Berlin, he sold out Carnegie Hall several times.

Date: September 28, 2011 13:40

Well, how much you germans try you will never ever have that much success regarding music and musical exports that we have in Sweden, as i wrote above i suggest that you keep on going with the cars. Porsche is the best car in the world and i love the 911 forever.

Date: September 28, 2011 13:40

shortfatfanny
HighwireC
Heintje was in 1962

Oh...thought he might have had a smash hit in the early seventies as well,but I could be wrong....

Heintje Simons 1995

Posted by: phd ()
Date: September 28, 2011 13:44

In France, and at the Fnac Megastore, I have just spotted at # 3 in the best selling CDs. Must say I have never heard it on the radio. And got no ideas of the sales volume.

Date: September 28, 2011 13:48

JumpinJeppeFlash
Well, how much you germans try you will never ever have that much success regarding music and musical exports that we have in Sweden, as i wrote above i suggest that you keep on going with the cars. Porsche is the best car in the world and i love the 911 forever.

I don't know who's the worst, Scorpions or Europe - Lena Meyer or Ace Of Base.

All I know is, from my crappy music country, there wouldn't have been any international Turbonegro-success if it wasn't for Germany. Norwegians didn't even notice the band before they got recognition abroad...

Date: September 28, 2011 13:54

DandelionPowderman
JumpinJeppeFlash

All I know is, from my crappy music country, there wouldn't have been any international Turbonegro-success if it wasn't for Germany. Norwegians didn't even notice the band before they got recognition abroad...

A-HA !
smileys with beer

Date: September 28, 2011 13:54

JumpinJeppeFlash

SAAB will survive!!! smileys with beer

And i like Populärmusik från Vittula very much:

smoking smiley

Date: September 28, 2011 13:57

DandelionPowderman
JumpinJeppeFlash

Ok, so you hint that Germany are as good musiccountry as Sweden, how stupid is that...ever heard of ABBA?

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: September 28, 2011 13:58

Still, germans are not competent musicians and Germany don´t have any kind of good music culture, but if somebody like ramstein i suggest they go to germany right away.

Bach and Beethoven must be rotating in their graves.....smileys with beer

2 1 2 0

Date: September 28, 2011 14:01

JumpinJeppeFlash
DandelionPowderman
JumpinJeppeFlash

Ok, so you hint that Germany are as good musiccountry as Sweden, how stupid is that...ever heard of ABBA?

I'm hinting that Sweden AND Norway both are crappy music countries. Sweden is a tad better than Norway (as always), though smiling smiley

Date: September 28, 2011 14:11

And don't miss this one:

Everyone should view this great movie ... cool smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-28 14:13 by HighwireC.

Date: September 28, 2011 14:24

A true classic !

Date: September 28, 2011 14:28

Date: September 28, 2011 14:31

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1929
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home