Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 66
Re: Let's talk RARE Stones vinyl
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 3, 2012 17:49

steffiestones
arc-angel
steffiestones
Come On
Now it has been talked and showed pics for 13 pages but is it someone here that got Ya Ya's on Red Decca Label? that's a rare Stones Vinyl worth talking about...

Maybe the Australian red decca stereo label but i don't think YY's exist in mono!
I have an Apple acetate with 4 songs from YY in mono but on my knowledge, the album are never pressed in mono. LIB was the last one.
Nice one, Stefaan!
What songs are on this apple acetate?

Andreas

-Jumping Jack Flash
-Carol
-Sympathy for the devil
-Street fighting man

Unfortunately, there is a big deep scratch on the song Carol, so the first half part of the song is not playable. The other 3 songs are in VG condition.

Very nice indeed. What is the story with the Apple label? My guess is that the tapes were either mixed or mastered there? Is that true?

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: January 3, 2012 17:52

GYYYO is the only album that was cut on Apple acetates. Apparently, the Apple studios offered an acetate cutting service which was used by other recording labels. There are other examples of Apple acetates by bands that didn't release anything on Apple records such as Slade, The Zombies, The Who, Rolling Stones, Fairport Convention,...

Posted by: 1963luca0 ()
Date: January 3, 2012 18:17

I have a one-sided acetate of Kracker's album on RSR, on Apple.
It's not a true RS album, but it might help knowing that Apple was still working, in 1973, for other labels.
Bye, Luca

Posted by: rootsman ()
Date: January 3, 2012 18:56

steffiestones
On my opinion, it was made for the Dutch market.
Have You Seen Your Mother Live is made for the Scandinavian market.

NCB means Nordic Copyright Bureau, I think - made for Scandinavia, I´d say.
I bought the stereo Flowers here in Sweden myself in 1967, so that was definitely available here - not sure about the mono...

Date: January 3, 2012 19:29

Thanks for some great information guys!

Date: January 3, 2012 20:30

Rockman

...here ya go treacle found another etched Juke-Box 7" Start Me Up/Brown Sugar
Pretty sure I also have a couple of etched Anybody Seen My Baby somewhere

Thanks Rockman...bizarre...what prompted them to release Start Me Up b/w Brown Sugar in 1993? Was it just a speciality item for juke boxes? Was it the promo for Jump Back?

I need me one!

Date: January 4, 2012 07:52

OK, so this is my 'homage' to the new Some Girls Deluxe release...straight from 1978-79...the Some Girls 45 promos, starting with Miss You:

Interesting as a few years later, there is another release of a Miss You promo to coincide with the release of REWIND...different catalogue number. These ones are the original from 1978,

Next single up, is Beast of Burden...

While most promo singles up to this point had a white and a blue label side, denoting mono and stereo respectively, with Beast, it is both sides blue, meaning stereo, with either the long version or short (single) version of the song.

Next, is the third single, Respectable (with picture sleeve) for Europe and Shattered for North America (not sure what the release was in other parts of the world). For UK/Europe, they stayed with yellow label for RSR's.

Finally...KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEF! I love this picture sleeve...Keith at possibly his coolest. This was a promo-only... I should have photo'd it but yellow label, exact same song on both sides. I have no idea why this never became an actual single as it deserved to be!

The Stones Marketing Machine really took shape during the Some Girls years.

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: January 4, 2012 10:05

Love the yellow label Respectable !!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 4, 2012 10:10

what prompted them to release Start Me Up b/w Brown Sugar
in 1993? Was it just a speciality item for juke boxes?

...... I guess just easier for them ta have the two Stones classics back ta back on the same single

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Jan Richards ()
Date: January 4, 2012 11:58

Come On
treaclefingers
Come On
Now it has been talked and showed pics for 13 pages but is it someone here that got Ya Ya's on Red Decca Label? that's a rare Stones Vinyl worth talking about...

Come on! Does that holy grail even exist? Also, if it does I presume it is in a BOXED DECCA label and a UK pressing?

Do you have a photo of it as I've never seen that one before?

Yep your absolutely right (you can read about it on: 'Stones on Decca') and I haven't seen it either...but I like too...smiling smiley

Hmmm. I'm the guy who has put together the Stones On Decca page. Don't remember where I have mentioned this LP?? As far as I know, Ya Ya's was never pressed in Mono in UK.....
Red label Ya Ya's do exist but pressed in Australia and that LP is stereo, not mono.

Jan Richards

[www.stonesondecca.com]

Posted by: Carster ()
Date: January 4, 2012 17:47

treaclefingers

A quick photo analyse...you've got one genuine & two counterfeits. Did this ruin your day?

Date: January 4, 2012 18:42

Carster
treaclefingers

A quick photo analyse...you've got one genuine & two counterfeits. Did this ruin your day?

My day was ruined hours ago Carster...so no, you couldn't possibly have ruined it.

With that said, please do tell...I've looked at all three, and do see that one is a bit different (luckily, if your correct, this on is the one in the best physical condition)...give me your analysis...I'm sitting down.

Posted by: arc-angel ()
Date: January 4, 2012 18:53

treaclefingers
Carster
treaclefingers

My day was ruined hours ago Carster...so no, you couldn't possibly have ruined it.

With that said, please do tell...I've looked at all three, and do see that one is a bit different (luckily, if your correct, this on is the one in the best physical condition)...give me your analysis...I'm sitting down.

Hi, a real one can also be identified, if it comes directly from the record company as this one here (with original mailer envelope), it has by the way the same sleeve structure/paper/details as another one I own (pic comes later). So without a closer look to yours I could'nt say which of yours is genuine and which is a fake, but first guess is that the let one is a genuine and middle and right one are the fakes, because of the different structure / sharpness of the picture.

Andreas

Date: January 4, 2012 20:17

treaclefingers
My day was ruined hours ago Carster

This is a classic topic.
The counterfeit front sleeve is simply a VERY BAD reprint.
Additionally, the genuine has STEREO b/w MONO & the counterfeit has MONO b/w MONO.
Keep the far left one.

Now, the BIG question: Would you eBay the two bad ones without telling what you know?

Date: January 4, 2012 21:38

Carster
treaclefingers
My day was ruined hours ago Carster

This is a classic topic.
The counterfeit front sleeve is simply a VERY BAD reprint.
Additionally, the genuine has STEREO b/w MONO & the counterfeit has MONO b/w MONO.
Keep the far left one.

Now, the BIG question: Would you eBay the two bad ones without telling what you know?

Good question! No I wouldn't ebay the 'bad ones'...price of an education as they say.

I didn't pay that much for the fakes, if it turns out they are, under $20 each. I think I did pay about $28 for the 'good one'.

I'll check to see if the labels are mono/mono when I get home.

VERY interesting...thanks for spotting and helping with that, both you a Carster and Andreas (love the shot of the envelope from Atlantic you included by the way!).

Do either of you know of some other fakes that are fairly prominent in the marketplace? I've heard Beast of Burden of course, but any others that we should be wary of? I'm shopping for Dandelion/We Love You...that would be a pricey burn!

Posted by: dewlover ()
Date: January 4, 2012 21:42

Has anyone mentioned a red vinyl "Cops & Robbers" 12" record?

Date: January 4, 2012 21:50

dewlover
Has anyone mentioned a red vinyl "Cops & Robbers" 12" record?

Not to my knowledge...let's see it!

I have a very cool cops and robbers lime green with black speckled 45...I'll see if I can dig it out a post a pic.

Dewlover, can you post a picture of your 12"....can I say that on TV?

Date: January 4, 2012 22:45

treaclefingers
OK, so this is my 'homage' to the new Some Girls Deluxe release...straight from 1978-79...the Some Girls 45 promos,...

These promo singles of yours are relatively easy to catch.
But one TRULY RARE original 1978 US promo 7" off the Some Girls album is missing in your post!

Who wants to shine?

Date: January 4, 2012 22:58

I'll see what i can do...

Date: January 4, 2012 23:45

Carster
treaclefingers
OK, so this is my 'homage' to the new Some Girls Deluxe release...straight from 1978-79...the Some Girls 45 promos,...

But one TRULY RARE original 1978 US promo 7" off the Some Girls album is missing in your post!

Who wants to shine?

UNCLE already! Which US promo am I missing?

I'm not aware of any of the other songs that were released as singles, so are you referring to an alternate version of one of the ones I already posted?

Your also not referring to the promo from 1977 for Love You Live, correct?

Posted by: deardoctortake1 ()
Date: January 4, 2012 23:54

treaclefingers
Carster
treaclefingers

Who wants to shine?

I'm not aware of any of the other songs that were released as singles, so are you referring to an alternate version of one of the ones I already posted?

You are missing the ultra rare Far Away Eyes promo 45 which if memory serves me right, it has the same serial number as Miss You so it may have been a mistake. I will find my mint copy to confirm

Date: January 4, 2012 23:58

deardoctortake1
treaclefingers
Carster
treaclefingers

Who wants to shine?

You are missing the ultra rare Far Away Eyes promo 45 which if memory serves me right, it has the same serial number as Miss You so it may have been a mistake. I will find my mint copy to confirm

Thanks DearDoctortake1, although I should point out that this thread is about RARE stones vinyl....not ultra RARE!

Love to see it!

Date: January 5, 2012 00:04

"Thanks DearDoctortake1, although I should point out that this thread is about RARE stones vinyl....not ultra RARE!

Love to see it!
"

OK please instruct me how to post a photo

Date: January 5, 2012 00:22

You are also missing the alternate Miss You promo double sided stereo with the alternate serial number on top 7-99724

Date: January 5, 2012 00:26

deardoctortake1
"Thanks DearDoctortake1, although I should point out that this thread is about RARE stones vinyl....not ultra RARE!

Love to see it!
"

You need to use a service, such as photobucket.com, and create an account (it's free).

From there, you just follow the instructions, upload the photo from your computer, and then copy the img code, into the IORR posting window.

If you were to hit quote on any of the posts with a photo in it, you'll see what the code looks like.

Hope that helps!

Date: January 5, 2012 00:48

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-05 00:55 by deardoctortake1.

Date: January 5, 2012 01:01

Finally Mono promo far away eyes

and Stereo on the flip side

and alternate serial number Miss YOU double sided blue stereo promo

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-05 01:06 by deardoctortake1.

Date: January 5, 2012 02:17

OK Mr. Fingers, I've now got the photos saved as JPEGS, but can't figure out how to upload them to this MB...Have any easy instructions for a dummy like me ??

Date: January 5, 2012 08:20

dewlover
OK Mr. Fingers, I've now got the photos saved as JPEGS, but can't figure out how to upload them to this MB...Have any easy instructions for a dummy like me ??

You Mr. or Ms. lover, are no dummy...just posted the instructions in a post above yours...here it is again:

deardoctortake1

Love to see it!"

You need to use a service, such as photobucket.com, and create an account (it's free).

From there, you just follow the instructions, upload the photo from your computer, and then copy the img code, into the IORR posting window.

If you were to hit quote on any of the posts with a photo in it, you'll see what the code looks like.

Hope that helps!

Date: January 5, 2012 18:55

ugh, could they make it more complicated?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 66

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1675
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home