Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: Keith Can Play.
Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: August 16, 2011 16:01

Max'sKansasCity
Keith can play. period.
He always has, He always will.

...of course, the naysayers will always be
out there naysaying, it is what naysayers do.
I have no idea the objective of naysaying, but it is what it is.

Naysayer? Some people here need to be realistic for once...

I don´t say that he can´t play, but it´s a fact that his guitarplaying has become worse and worse the last years and that´s mainly due to his fingerproblems.

Date: August 16, 2011 16:02

Max'sKansasCity
Keith can play. period.

...of course, the naysayers will always be
out there naysaying, it is what naysayers do.
I have no idea the objective of naysaying, but it is what it is.

I agree, but sometimes even fans are allowed to question:

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: August 16, 2011 16:08

Once again I say....
I'd sure like to see some youtube clips of the critics
playing their guitars, you know, just for comparision.

of course... anybody can do what they want,
say whatever they, naysay all they want... of course they can... and will.

Date: August 16, 2011 16:14

Max'sKansasCity
Once again I say....

You don´t know much about guitarplaying, do you? If you can´t see or hear how bad Keith is playing in the clip above i guess you must be tonedeaf.

Date: August 16, 2011 16:16

JumpinJeppeFlash
Max'sKansasCity
Once again I say....

You don´t know much about guitarplaying, do you? If you can´t see or hear how bad Keith is playing in the clip above i guess you must be tonedeaf.

LOL, whatever you say..... or is that nay-say

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-16 16:18 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: August 16, 2011 16:18

Max'sKansasCity
Once again I say....

So you can't critique unless you do?

Date: August 16, 2011 16:19

MingSubu
Max'sKansasCity
Once again I say....

uh... did you read that part anybody can do what they want

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: August 16, 2011 16:21

Keith is getting more and more close to play like Chuck Berry...don't know if I like it too much...

2 1 2 0

Date: August 16, 2011 16:37

Make no mistake, he's still my favorite player smiling smiley

Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: August 16, 2011 16:46

JumpinJeppeFlash
I don´t want Keith to make a fool of himself on stage, that´s all, and that was the case on some shows that i attended on ABB. Off course he could play on stage untill he becomes 100+ but is it really that fun to watch your idol play like shit because his fingers and head wont do it anymore?

Is anyone forcing you to attend the shows?

Posted by: paulm ()
Date: August 16, 2011 17:11

Why can't some posters just keep it to the music instead of getting into personal attacks about others being tone deaf, not knowing much about music, etc? Kinda undermines the board.

Anyhow, clip above does show that Keith was probably re-gaining some of his motor skills after the accident. But he did pull it together, and Ronnie stepped up as he should. I think Keith went on the road a lil' fast after the accident; I bet he's rehabbed by now.

Date: August 16, 2011 17:22

Max'sKansasCity
MingSubu
Max'sKansasCity
Once again I say....

uh... did you read that part anybody can do what they want

I did read it, but dismissed it as a weak defense. Want to try again?

Date: August 16, 2011 17:23

with a 4 month old poster, not really.

Date: August 16, 2011 17:35

Max'sKansasCity

A little childish. It was expected though, coming from a pseudo-fan that you are. Take care.

Date: August 16, 2011 17:43

paulm
Why can't some posters just keep it to the music instead of getting into personal attacks about others being tone deaf, not knowing much about music, etc? Kinda undermines the board.

Anyhow, clip above does show that Keith was probably re-gaining some of his motor skills after the accident. But he did pull it together, and Ronnie stepped up as he should. I think Keith went on the road a lil' fast after the accident; I bet he's rehabbed by now.

So you really think he can play as good as 97-99/2002-2003? How many shows did you attend in 2007?

What do you expect now? A three year worldtour with 150 shows?

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: August 16, 2011 17:44

Is Keith the best guitar player in the world ? No
Is Mick the best singer in the world ? No
Is Charlie the best drummer in the world ? No
Is Ronnie the best guitar player in the world ? No
Does Keith make mistakes when playing live ? Yes
Does Mick make mistakes when playing live ? Yes
Does Charie make mistakes when playing live ? Yes
Does Ronnie make mistakes when playing live ? Yes

We all know that. But all this is irrelivant, not important, or whatever you wanna call it.
Put these guys together and we got THE ROLLING STONES the greatest rock 'n roll band in the world.
That's when the magic happens. That's when fans from all over the world come together to have a great time. You can keep on nagging as long as you like. But with every of the 53 shows, since 1990, that I attended, including the last one at the O2, I had a wonderful time. To me it was pure magic. Not only the shows, but the whole package of meeting other Stones fans, having a drink together and having a good time.
And if the Stones go on tour again, I will be there again, as many times as I can afford, and relive that magic again.

But if you choose to do otherwise, that's OK with me. If you want to keep on nagging, go ahead if that's what you want. But I am sure that I will have a blast again. Already looking forward to meeting all those great Stones friends again. Whether in Amsterdam, London, Copenhagen or Berlin. If I can, I will be there again.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: northernale1 ()
Date: August 16, 2011 18:25

Rolling Hansie

We all know that. But all this is irrelivant, not important, or whatever you wanna call it.
Put these guys together and we got THE ROLLING STONES the greatest rock 'n roll band in the world.
That's when the magic happens. That's when fans from all over the world come together to have a great time. You can keep on nagging as long as you like. But with every of the 53 shows, since 1990, that I attended, including the last one at the O2, I had a wonderful time. To me it was pure magic. Not only the shows, but the whole package of meeting other Stones fans, having a drink together and having a good time.
And if the Stones go on tour again, I will be there again, as many times as I can afford, and relive that magic again.

But if you choose to do otherwise, that's OK with me. If you want to keep on nagging, go ahead if that's what you want. But I am sure that I will have a blast again. Already looking forward to meeting all those great Stones friends again. Whether in Amsterdam, London, Copenhagen or Berlin. If I can, I will be there again.

one of the few threads that have made commom sense, that i have seen on this site in a long time,,

Date: August 16, 2011 18:51

MingSubu
Max'sKansasCity

A little childish. It was expected though, coming from a pseudo-fan that you are. Take care.
LOL,
I think you have me mistaken for someone who cares what a noob like you thinks.

Date: August 16, 2011 18:53

Rolling Hansie

I nominate Han's post here for POST OF THE YEAR ON IORR

Date: August 17, 2011 18:29

Max'sKansasCity

LOL Max. I think that would be just a little too much.

-------------------

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: August 17, 2011 19:16

Rolling Hansie

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up
only one small clarification :Is Mick the best singer in the world? Yes!smiling smiley

Posted by: Stones62 ()
Date: August 17, 2011 19:16

Max'sKansasCity
Keith can play. period.
Or as long as he fingers will allow him to. I wish I could share your optimism, but until I hear something new from Keith, which I have not since 2007, it is hard to conclude that his playing has improved since it began its decline, which became most noticeable to me 2005 but was evident before.

Date: August 17, 2011 20:41

Stones62
Max'sKansasCity
Keith can play. period.
Or as long as he fingers will allow him to. I wish I could share your optimism, but until I hear something new from Keith, which I have not since 2007, it is hard to conclude that his playing has improved since it began its decline, which became most noticeable to me 2005 but was evident before.

Finally someone understand! thumbs up

Posted by: Steen G ()
Date: August 17, 2011 22:33

JumpinJeppeFlash
Max'sKansasCity
Once again I say....

Hmm, he is loosing things especially in the begining but actually the rythm slide is off. That said he is not in his prime in this one. Brown Sugar in Barcelona had another weird thing - he made it almost kind of a jazz tune.

Posted by: thabo ()
Date: August 17, 2011 23:00

JumpinJeppeFlash
Naysayer? Some people here need to be realistic for once...

I don´t say that he can´t play, but it´s a fact that his guitarplaying has become worse and worse the last years and that´s mainly due to his fingerproblems.

That's right, ofcourse if he can play there is no problem. But as you say it's a fact that he's got worse and worse. And now we are even further down the road. It is much more realistic to consider a farewell line-up with a last new album with the two Taylors together with Wood, instead of Keith, and Wyman joining in for the occasion. It is more likely to produce a better and solid sound.

Date: August 18, 2011 01:30

proudmary
only one small clarification :Is Mick the best singer in the world? Yes

LOL proudmary. I expected this one

-------------------

Date: August 18, 2011 02:38

Rolling Hansie
Max'sKansasCity

LOL Max. I think that would be just a little too much.

No sir, I would not say that lightly. Your comment was right on.

--------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------

I just do not understand the need for some people to continue to bash on Keith.

Have they have not noticed that it has already been said 100,000 times... yeah yeah, we get it, a lot of you think you know for a fact all of the intimate details about Keith... We understand that you think they will never tour again, and if they do they will suck..... YEAH... WE GET IT!!! we got it about 50,000 negative comments ago.

And I guess you also have not noticed that your never ending pesimism does not change, or affect people's optimitism... hoping for the best... positive based wait and see attitude....

Why do you need to naysay, doom and gloom and piss all over the campfire... Why do you feel the need to tell people over and over and over and over how you feel people need to feel? I just dont understand why you feel that way... If you hate the Stones and you depsise Keith so much, why do you bother to come to a Stones site and post about it? Why not find something you are happy about and focus on that? .... Why not find something positive to do and say?.

Why always dwell on the negative waves?... always with the negative waves.

Posted by: Markdog ()
Date: August 18, 2011 03:28

What he can't do well anymore is play a solo, and that is ok. Wish he gave up more solos to Ronnie.

Would love to hear some new Keith though.

Date: August 18, 2011 03:42

Markdog
What he can't do well anymore is play a solo, and that is ok. Wish he gave up more solos to Ronnie.

Would love to hear some new Keith though. ME TOOsmiling smiley

Has Keith ever been able to play guitars solo?

I am his biggest fan, but I have also made fun of him for 30 years for not being able to duplicate the SFTD solo... he has (usually) always hacked that up... but I dont care.... it is a live show... and I sure dont hold it against him.... and facts be known....maybe thank goodness he cant play solos or we might get a RUSH/VanHalen type of shows.... complete with 15 minute drum solos and 20 minute guitar solos... and bolo solos... and solo solos... and then Mick would come out and sing acapella..... and... omg... the horror... the horror.

Posted by: whiskey ()
Date: August 18, 2011 03:54

I am 68 years old and cant do my job anywhere near as good as my reputation once was, I suppose all the people I have made a little richer in the past will come and euthanase me soon. Rolling Hansie you are a breath of fresh air.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2743
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home