Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: Keith Can Play.
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: August 18, 2011 03:59

whiskey
I am 68 years old and cant do my job anywhere near as good as my reputation once was, I suppose all the people I have made a little richer in the past will come and euthanase me soon.
No bro, no youth in Asiawinking smiley but I bet (hope) those people who you made happy(and/or some money) will have your back if/when fkheads wanna start bashing on you and asking you "what have you done for us lately?"

whiskey

Rolling Hansie you are a breath of fresh air.
aint that a fking FACT!!! HAN'S POST IS POST OF THE YEAR

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-18 04:04 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: August 18, 2011 11:24

Max'sKansasCity
Rolling Hansie
Max'sKansasCity
I nominate Han's post here for POST OF THE YEAR ON IORR

LOL Max. I think that would be just a little too much.

No sir, I would not say that lightly. Your comment was right on.

--------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------

I just do not understand the need for some people to continue to bash on Keith.

Have they have not noticed that it has already been said 100,000 times... yeah yeah, we get it, a lot of you think you know for a fact all of the intimate details about Keith... We understand that you think they will never tour again, and if they do they will suck..... YEAH... WE GET IT!!! we got it about 50,000 negative comments ago.

And I guess you also have not noticed that your never ending pesimism does not change, or affect people's optimitism... hoping for the best... positive based wait and see attitude....

Why do you need to naysay, doom and gloom and piss all over the campfire... Why do you feel the need to tell people over and over and over and over how you feel people need to feel? I just dont understand why you feel that way... If you hate the Stones and you depsise Keith so much, why do you bother to come to a Stones site and post about it? Why not find something you are happy about and focus on that? .... Why not find something positive to do and say?.

Why always dwell on the negative waves?... always with the negative waves.

Piss all over the campfire?

Well, you don´t understand as usual. The only thing i said was that Keiths guitarplaying has got worse and worse during the last years and that doesn´t mean that i hate the stones or Keith. In fact i love them both and have dedicated the last 10 years of my life to them going to shows and collecting boots (to this date i have 2000+ CDs/DVDs). If you can´t handle the fact that Keith is getting older and got big problems withs his fingers affecting his playing, that´s your problem.

Date: August 18, 2011 11:29

Max'sKansasCity
Markdog
What he can't do well anymore is play a solo, and that is ok. Wish he gave up more solos to Ronnie.

Would love to hear some new Keith though. ME TOOsmiling smiley

Has Keith ever been able to play guitars solo?

I am his biggest fan, but I have also made fun of him for 30 years for not being able to duplicate the SFTD solo... he has (usually) always hacked that up... but I dont care.... it is a live show... and I sure dont hold it against him.... and facts be known....maybe thank goodness he cant play solos or we might get a RUSH/VanHalen type of shows.... complete with 15 minute drum solos and 20 minute guitar solos... and bolo solos... and solo solos... and then Mick would come out and sing acapella..... and... omg... the horror... the horror.

No, you are not his biggest fan and you don´t have any idea what you are talking about. You don´t play guitar, do you?

Date: August 18, 2011 11:57

JumpinJeppeFlash
No, you are not his biggest fan and you don´t have any idea what you are talking about. You don´t play guitar, do you?

seek help boy.

Date: August 18, 2011 11:58

JumpinJeppeFlash
Piss all over the campfire?

Well, you don´t understand as usual. The only thing i said was that Keiths guitarplaying has got worse and worse during the last years and that doesn´t mean that i hate the stones or Keith. In fact i love them both and have dedicated the last 10 years of my life to them going to shows and collecting boots (to this date i have 2000+ CDs/DVDs). If you can´t handle the fact that Keith is getting older and got big problems withs his fingers affecting his playing, that´s your problem.
hmmmm?... mental issues?

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: August 18, 2011 13:18

JumpinJeppeFlash
If you can´t handle the fact that Keith is getting older and got big problems withs his fingers affecting his playing, that´s your problem.

Actually I can handle that very well and I have no problem with it at all, although I do regret it of course. My problem is that I cannot understand why it has to be mentioned and discussed over and over again.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: August 18, 2011 14:04

Sessions recording in L.A. with Steve Jordan and then in NY with Darryl Jones are Winos or Stones related? IMO this the only interesting question about Keef...everything else has nothing to do with music.

Posted by: Stones62 ()
Date: August 18, 2011 18:18

Rolling Hansie
JumpinJeppeFlash
If you can´t handle the fact that Keith is getting older and got big problems withs his fingers affecting his playing, that´s your problem.

Actually I can handle that very well and I have no problem with it at all, although I do regret it of course. My problem is that I cannot understand why it has to be mentioned and discussed over and over again.
The way I see it is the reason why this issue keeps coming up for discussion is that Keith not being able to play, or at least play well, has a a major impact on the Rolling Stones as we know them. Without his musical presence, in my view at least, there is no Rolling Stones. Some see no change in his playing, others note there is a problem but he is OK and can carry on, and others wonder if can he still play at all. If the latter is indeed the case what does that portend for the future of the band? It gives me no great pleasure to say it as Keith is a musical hero to me, but it seems clear the obvious decline in his playing and the lack of any musical output from him since the end of the last tour does not bode well for Keith the musician or the future of the band. I can only go by what I hear of his playing and know about arthritis. It doesn't get better and currently there is no cure for it, at least that I know of. All of this, along with other factors not mentioned here, puts the future of the band in question and that is a topic of some importance to all fans of the Rolling Stones, isn't?

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: August 18, 2011 20:08

Well, I'd like to have some material to make that sort of judgements in the first place... If he can, or not, does not much differ from the output we have heard in the last four years... grinning smiley

- Doxa

Date: August 18, 2011 20:38

Stones62
that is a topic of some importance to all fans of the Rolling Stones, isn't?

Of course it is, but again, what is the use of bringing it up again and again when we know there is no answer yet to that question ?

-------------------

Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: August 18, 2011 20:43

Come On
Keith is getting more and more close to play like Chuck Berry...don't know if I like it too much...

Well here's Chuck Berry filmed just last night (17th August 2011), he doesn't sound too bad to me for a nearly 85 year old...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-18 20:44 by Sleepy City.

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: August 18, 2011 20:50

Stones62
Rolling Hansie
JumpinJeppeFlash

The way I see it is the reason why this issue keeps coming up for discussion is that Keith not being able to play, or at least play well, has a a major impact on the Rolling Stones as we know them. Without his musical presence, in my view at least, there is no Rolling Stones. Some see no change in his playing, others note there is a problem but he is OK and can carry on, and others wonder if can he still play at all. If the latter is indeed the case what does that portend for the future of the band? It gives me no great pleasure to say it as Keith is a musical hero to me, but it seems clear the obvious decline in his playing and the lack of any musical output from him since the end of the last tour does not bode well for Keith the musician or the future of the band. I can only go by what I hear of his playing and know about arthritis. It doesn't get better and currently there is no cure for it, at least that I know of. All of this, along with other factors not mentioned here, puts the future of the band in question and that is a topic of some importance to all fans of the Rolling Stones, isn't?

I hope you don't mind me chiming in. The reason there is criticism for Keith's playing in this case is because someone started a thread about: Keith Can Play.

For those in this thread who complain about those who complain about about Keith's playing, well, we were invited, kind of.

I love the man and his music and do not fault him for getting old and his health. Who on earth could do so?

But some in this thread, and IORR, are unrealistic regarding Keith's guitar skills past and present.

It is more than just health and age. It is about ego. Keith should have stuck to playing rhythm a long time ago and let Ron play all the leads! Assuming Ron was sober and focused.

For so many tours now the Stones have sounded the best live during the songs in which Ron played lead (when sober) and Keith stuck to rhythm. On those songs they sounded great! So many of the others were train wrecks.

Another poster in this thread mentioned SFTD. That's a good example. Imagine that with a sober Ron on lead and Keith ( and maybe Blondie) on rhythm? They would sound great again.

I love Keith but his ego has gotten in the way as outlined above. Do you remember his comments about Mick T regarding lead and rhythm? There is no such thing because 'you're either a guitar player or you are not.'

When you charge as much money as The Stones do for seeing them live they should do their best to sound great but the as outlined above they often fall far short of that and health and age are only part of the equation. I'll bet Mick J get this.

Date: August 19, 2011 03:04

The amount of hate spewed at members of my favorite band here is unreal.

Someone should create a board called Ihatetherollingstones.com so
people could spend all day complaining about every member of the Stones.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-19 03:04 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: August 19, 2011 03:05

Max'sKansasCity

We all love Chuck Berry though! smiling bouncing smiley

Date: August 19, 2011 03:06

YEEEAAAHHHH CHUCK BERRY smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-19 03:07 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: northernale1 ()
Date: August 19, 2011 03:21

Max'sKansasCity

Im with you Max,,, and some of them even admit they have never seen them live,, yet they are the biggest critics,,,

Posted by: ohcarol ()
Date: August 19, 2011 04:44

So how about those Mets.....

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: August 19, 2011 04:52

ohcarol
So how about those Mets.....

20 games out, still struggling to stay at .500.

Date: August 19, 2011 05:52

northernale1
Max'sKansasCity

Im with you Max,,, and some of them even admit they have never seen them live,, yet they are the biggest critics,,,
Yup... but they own 2000 bootlegs and have spent 50million hours studying them, only to wind up hating the band.... kind of sad.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-19 05:54 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: Stones62 ()
Date: August 19, 2011 06:19

I haven't read anywhere here in this thread where someone said they hate the band or Keith. Rather, what I read are observations made on Keith's ability to play guitar. These observations are for the most part very real concerns, based on critical observations. I'm not sure how anyone reads hate into that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-19 06:22 by Stones62.

Date: August 19, 2011 09:25

Max'sKansasCity
northernale1
Max'sKansasCity

Yup... but they own 2000 bootlegs and have spent 50million hours studying them, only to wind up hating the band.... kind of sad.

Please shut up idiot, i´ve seen them live 12 times during three tours and i´m 31. You don´t have any idea what you are talking about.

Date: August 19, 2011 09:26

Stones62
I haven't read anywhere here in this thread where someone said they hate the band or Keith. Rather, what I read are observations made on Keith's ability to play guitar. These observations are for the most part very real concerns, based on critical observations. I'm not sure how anyone reads hate into that.

thumbs up

Date: August 19, 2011 09:31

JumpinJeppeFlash

Please shut up idiot, i´ve seen them live 12 times during three tours and i´m 31. You don´t have any idea what you are talking about.

anger issues... mental problems... poor guy.

Date: August 19, 2011 09:32

Keith can play.
Who knows what these naysayers hope to achieve with their continued drivel.

Date: August 19, 2011 09:38

Always with the negative waves.... bad vibes...

Date: August 19, 2011 09:54

Max'sKansasCity
JumpinJeppeFlash

Yeah, and you are the biggest looser ever on this board.

Date: August 19, 2011 09:58

JumpinJeppeFlash
Max'sKansasCity
JumpinJeppeFlash

Yeah, and you are the biggest looser ever on this board.

hahahahaha.... you are a funny kid.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: August 19, 2011 10:20

Max'sKansasCity
Once again I say....
I'd sure like to see some youtube clips of the critics
playing their guitars, you know, just for comparision.

of course... anybody can do what they want,
say whatever they, naysay all they want... of course they can... and will.

Really? You know I can play a pretty good guitar and thanks to their records and live boots and live records I can actually play some songs excatly like Keith and sometimes better meaning if Im the right mood, inspired, like Keith when he was inspired. Im not gonna post youtube clips and neither will Keith. Keith doesnt do stuff for free and neither do I. Calling me or other critical fans naysayers is just laughable.

Posted by: paulm ()
Date: August 19, 2011 12:25

Hey, regarding "mental issues" blasts, etc., not sure where an Admin is for this board, but check this out from IORR Forum Policy:

"offending or personal posts are not accepted."

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-19 12:34 by paulm.

Date: August 19, 2011 12:41

paulm
Hey, regarding "mental issues" blasts, etc., not sure where an Admin is for this board, but check this out from IORR Forum Policy:

"offending or personal posts are not accepted."

Correct paulm. Bjornulf (BV) is the administrator. But he cannot read every message on this board. Therefore there is a "Report This Message" button under every message. People can use this button when they want Bjornulf to take action.

-------------------

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1686
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home