Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Keith Can Play.
Posted by: paulm ()
Date: August 15, 2011 01:28

These Keith can't play posts are a joke. 3 fingers or 1 finger and an @sshole, really doesn't matter much with his style. RW or whoever could augment whatever sus 4ths need to be done. Lots of those...

Re: Keith Can Play.
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 15, 2011 01:55

“At the time Keith had his book just out and it had knocked Mark Twain off the number one spot. So he'd done so many interviews he was fed up and just he wanted to make music. 'I've been let out of jail', he said. A lot of the entourage were saying, 'Do you think we should go now, Keith?' and he'd say 'No' and we'd talk and jam a bit more until the early hours. That was good fun.”

....................... Ben Waters May 2011

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: August 15, 2011 03:00

Yeaaaaahhhh!!!!! ....
the only problem is that a thread like this is needed, but,
sigh.... it is.... just to offset the naysayers bashing on Keith.

Posted by: fate268 ()
Date: August 15, 2011 06:39

various other rock stars report he plays the guitar just fine

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: August 15, 2011 07:02

Yes. He's playing very well.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: August 15, 2011 07:13

I guess none of these people saw or heard him play in 2007.

Posted by: klrkcr ()
Date: August 15, 2011 07:18

TeddyB1018
Yes. He's playing very well.

Thanks Teddy - good to get some updates from you,please keep them coming.Cheers.

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: August 15, 2011 08:13

Almost all of you are wholly divorced from reality. You should all be at Jones-Town drinking Kool Aid.

Now go to RollingStones.com and pay for a platinum package ( which includes a 'Laminate" ) buy a bottle of Rolling Stones Wine to wash down the barbiturates with apple sauce and catch that spaceship trailing behind the Hale-Bopp Comet.

P.S. Don't forget the purple shroud and Nike sneakers!!!

On second thought someone else put it best in another thread:[delano.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-15 18:28 by deadegad.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: August 15, 2011 09:26

Yeah, and Christina Aquillera has a nice body...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 15, 2011 11:05

......YEP!!! and so does the '56 Karmann Ghia

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: August 15, 2011 11:29

ab
I guess none of these people saw or heard him play in 2007.

You mean shortly after he had brain surgery & nearly died? Things may well have improved since then.

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: August 15, 2011 13:07

Yes, they have, and Keith has modified his behavior to improve his health as well. I saw Darryl Jones in LA at an excellent Big Audio Dynamite show we were both attending, and he said he's going to New York this week to do some work in Pierre's studio. I didn't press him for specifics, though it would seem obvious it's Keith-related. As for Mick Jagger, he's still off doing his thing and, as others have posted, has not been in contact with other Stone. But everyone expects he will be in time for band work in the coming year.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: August 15, 2011 13:23

Thanks Teddy

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: August 15, 2011 14:03

Come On

Not really...see her latley?

Date: August 15, 2011 14:20

More Hot Rocks
Come On

Not really...see her latley?

I think she looks better personally, but if having a "bad" body makes people concentrate on her fantastic voice instead of her "sexy" videos then surely that's a good thing? A talented & beautiful woman.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: August 15, 2011 19:19

TeddyB1018
Yes, they have, and Keith has modified his behavior to improve his health as well. I saw Darryl Jones in LA at an excellent Big Audio Dynamite show we were both attending, and he said he's going to New York this week to do some work in Pierre's studio. I didn't press him for specifics, though it would seem obvious it's Keith-related. As for Mick Jagger, he's still off doing his thing and, as others have posted, has not been in contact with other Stone. But everyone expects he will be in time for band work in the coming year.

Thanks Teddy! It's not clear if these sessions with Steve Jordan and Darryl are Winos-related or Stones related...time will tell.

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: August 15, 2011 19:25

Last time he could play was in 2003, ABB was mostly awful and 2007 was sometimes a joke. What would he have done without Ronnie back then, covering up for his many misstakes.

But you can´t blame Keith, he can´t do it with those fingers anymore.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-15 19:28 by JumpinJeppeFlash.

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: August 15, 2011 19:30

JumpinJeppeFlash
Last time he could play was in 2003, ABB was mostly awful and 2007 was sometimes a joke. What would he have done without Ronnie back then, covering up for his many misstakes.

But you can´t blame Keith, he can´t do it with those fingers anymore.

Agree with that!

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: August 15, 2011 22:17

Rockman
......YEP!!! and so does the '56 Karmann Ghia

Sure does! I had a '65 KG, but same body style.

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: August 15, 2011 23:55

TeddyB1018
As for Mick Jagger, he's still off doing his thing and, as others have posted, has not been in contact with other Stone. But everyone expects he will be in time for band work in the coming year.

They just believe in it or their expestations on Mick's side are based on something?
It's more logical to assume that if Richards will record a solo album then Mick will do the same?

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: August 16, 2011 01:18

i saw the band in 05 and 06 and keith as well as ronnie were playing great.no problem,same old stones.

my question is for the european fans-did the band and/or keith really play that horribly on the 07 leg of the tour or was it just a couple of shows?

i'v never gotten a straight answer on this and it seems a little like maybe a couple of bad gigs became the victim of the "on that tour" syndrome where people assume the couple of shows they saw were the same as the rest of the tour.

Date: August 16, 2011 02:06

MILFSRAOKWME

Date: August 16, 2011 10:29

lem motlow
i saw the band in 05 and 06 and keith as well as ronnie were playing great.no problem,same old stones.

my question is for the european fans-did the band and/or keith really play that horribly on the 07 leg of the tour or was it just a couple of shows?

i'v never gotten a straight answer on this and it seems a little like maybe a couple of bad gigs became the victim of the "on that tour" syndrome where people assume the couple of shows they saw were the same as the rest of the tour.

The last scandinavian shows in 2007 were great (Copenhagen and Oslo). Keith was back in fine form after a few horrendous shows earlier on.

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: August 16, 2011 12:41

attn: lem motlow:

I saw the Stones in 05,06 and 07. Keith had trouble in 07 for some concerts for sure, but not for all. The london 02 Trilogy was great for me. Exceptional was Lausanne.
The most problem was actually Sympathy for the Devil where keith barely hit the notes correctly.
Still also in 1981/82 they had problems. It was quite interesting to see that they had problems starting and ending a song at those times. But once they swing the nailed it.

Anyway it's always a different point of view.

Date: August 16, 2011 13:37

Compare 2005-2007 with 97-99 or 2002-2003, it´s a very big difference. Those of you that play guitar can hear/see that Keiths guitar playing only have become worse during the last fifteen years. SFTD is not the only song that he can´t play anymore, there are many more, you got the silver for example where he used to sing and play by himself. Ronnie did the guitarplaying last tour, and Keith...well he had more than enough trouble with the singing and remember the lyrics. Sad but true.

Can´t really understand all the people hear thinking that he is as good nowadays as he used to be in the 70s, 80s and 90s...the man is soon 70 years old and he has big problems with his fingers. He can´t play the way he used to and that´s the end of the story.

I attended eight shows in 2007 and Keith almost made a fool of himself from time to time on those shows, of course there was great moments during the shows but he made many big misstakes. One last tour or big show would be nice, but i don´t want to see Keith make a complete fool of himself by making misstakes on the songs he have played so many times, songs that he used to be able to play when he was sleeping.

Date: August 16, 2011 13:52

JumpinJeppeFlash
Can´t really understand all the people hear thinking that he is as good nowadays as he used to be in the 70s, 80s and 90s...the man is soon 70 years old and he has big problems with his fingers. He can´t play the way he used to and that´s the end of the story.

This doesn't bother me too much. When I go to see Chuck Berry, Little Richard or Jerry Lee Lewis I don't expect them to sing & play the way they did back in the 50s & 60s, but that doesn't stop them (on a good night) from still being highly entertaining.

Posted by: Bärs ()
Date: August 16, 2011 14:12

It's still very unclear what exactly explained his off-nights in 2007.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: August 16, 2011 15:24

The question isn't whether he plays as well as he used to - I don't think that anybody here is claiming that. But there is a difference between not playing as well as he once did, and being unable to play in public at all, which is what some people seem to believe and post quite regularly.

Date: August 16, 2011 15:34

I don´t want Keith to make a fool of himself on stage, that´s all, and that was the case on some shows that i attended on ABB. Off course he could play on stage untill he becomes 100+ but is it really that fun to watch your idol play like shit because his fingers and head wont do it anymore?

Date: August 16, 2011 15:55

Keith can play. period.
He always has, He always will.

...of course, the naysayers will always be
out there naysaying, it is what naysayers do.
I have no idea the objective of naysaying, but it is what it is.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2089
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home