Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3435363738394041424344...LastNext
Current Page: 39 of 63
Re: SuperHeavy
Posted by: HighwireC ()
Date: September 29, 2011 16:29

Gazza
eye rolling smiley Whooooooooooooooosh!

sorry, not Joos. It will be Joss, the little Stone, surely cool smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 29, 2011 16:31

nocomment
treaclefingers
Are you saying Mick is belittling the other superheavians? Has he actually said he 'refuses' to play with them?

"belittling" is too strong a word. earlier we used the word "paternalistic" to
describe our perception of mick's behavior and attitude. maybe "patronizing"
is even a better word for it.

but this is all just our perception and so may be a tempest in a teacup.
we don't know how the other Heavies feel. All we know is how we would feel
if Mick was publicly comporting himself towards us like he has been towards
what we at one point were led to believe were his bandmates.

what did joss say? that dave called her up and said me and mick are starting
a BAND, do you wanna be in it?

then suddenly mick is saying he never thought it was more than just a one-
shot thing.

so maybe yeah, maybe just a misunderstanding and misinterpretation on our part.
of a whole host of comments by mick towards the other four and towards
SuperHeavy collectively that we have found strange at best. yes, we know he
has also said some gracious and generous things towards each of them, but
that's not what we're talking about here. just like with the album, we're
not talking about all the great notes mick has hit, just the strange
out-of-place ones.

anyway, we are not saying that SuperHeavy is playing their first public live
gig without mick in order to send mick a message. we are saying we HOPE that
is what they're doing. time to shit or get off the pot, man.

I'm sorry that I actually bothered to challenge your unsubstantiated remarks.

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: September 29, 2011 20:08

Mick Jagger
The SuperHeavy gang are busy working on some exciting stuff and with the re-issues of Some Girls - I see a very busy time ahead smiling smiley
[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: September 29, 2011 20:23

Currently listening to the vinyl. Nice sound. Good production. Forget the destructive files and give it a true listening

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: the juf ()
Date: September 30, 2011 00:00

Date: September 30, 2011 14:39

New Vibrations - SuperHeavy
By Alexa Kwiatkowski
[www.jhunewsletter.com]

Superheavy weighs in with impressive debut
By Jesse De Leon
[www.caller.com]

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: September 30, 2011 15:09

smileys with beerCongratulations to the Superheavy thread! More than 60 000 views and soon 40 pages of posting. Judging by the interest on this site this Superheavy project must be a smash hit! Maybe even Jagger will recognize that soon?

Posted by: sweet things ()
Date: September 30, 2011 17:16

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: September 30, 2011 17:29

I went to the record store yesterday to buy a copy. Amazingly all copies were off the shelves. They had to pick one from the shop window.
Must be a big seller.

Posted by: sweet things ()
Date: September 30, 2011 17:30

http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/bookworm_mick_1FOyudeXHrKLmnYdZ9M1bI

Mick Jagger was a New York culture vulture over the weekend. After visiting a preview of Bob Dylan’s paintings at Gagosian Gallery, the Stones legend and SuperHeavy singer hit the rare- book room at the Strand near Union Square. Flanked by gal pal L’Wren Scott and two bodyguards, Jagger spent an hour browsing, according to spies. He bought “a stack of antiquarian and rare” tomes on painters Egon Schiele and Marc Chagall, graphic designers Merle Armitage and Alex Steinweiss, fashion designer Madeleine Vionnet and photographer Helmut Newton. Jagger also left some room for fun, buying a first edition of Ian Fleming’s “On Her Majesty’s Secret Service.”

Read more: [www.nypost.com]

Date: September 30, 2011 19:25

Stoneage
smileys with beerCongratulations to the Superheavy thread! More than 60 000 views and soon 40 pages of posting. Judging by the interest on this site this Superheavy project must be a smash hit! Maybe even Jagger will recognize that soon?

You try to be sarcastic I suppose? But 60 000 views speak for themselves. And SuperHeavy is really a hit in Europe. US have never been in cultural avantguard in any field - art, cinema, literature and as for music even Jazz and blues received recognition first in Europe and only after that became popular in US.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: September 30, 2011 19:27

proudmary
Stoneage

US have never been in cultural avantguard in any field - art, cinema, literature and as for music even Jazz and blues received recognition first in Europe and only after that became popular in US.
Perhaps it's the other way around. Americans are just smart enough to know crap when they hear it....and Super heavy is crap.

Date: September 30, 2011 19:47

sweetcharmedlife
proudmary
Stoneage

US have never been in cultural avantguard in any field - art, cinema, literature and as for music even Jazz and blues received recognition first in Europe and only after that became popular in US.
Perhaps it's the other way around. Americans are just smart enough to know crap when they hear it....and Super heavy is crap.

I think SH is fine - it's new and funny and inspiring. You call it "crap" - americans have never been known for their good maners

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: September 30, 2011 20:28

Stoneage
Judging by the interest on this site this Superheavy project must be a smash hit!

Absolutely, no one can doubt that.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: September 30, 2011 20:30

proudmary
americans have never been known for their good maners

Now why do you have to cross that line again. It's really incredible what you dare to post again. I simply can't believe my eyes.

-------------------

Posted by: Roscoe ()
Date: September 30, 2011 20:45

Whale
I went to the record store yesterday to buy a copy. Amazingly all copies were off the shelves. They had to pick one from the shop window.
Must be a big seller.

Or they only ordered a handful of copies to begin with.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: September 30, 2011 20:57

proudmary
Stoneage

You try to be sarcastic I suppose? But 60 000 views speak for themselves. And SuperHeavy is really a hit in Europe. US have never been in cultural avantguard in any field - art, cinema, literature and as for music even Jazz and blues received recognition first in Europe and only after that became popular in US.

I admit to being a bit sarcastic but mostly surprised really!

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: September 30, 2011 21:11

proudmary
sweetcharmedlife
proudmary
Stoneage

I think SH is fine - it's new and funny and inspiring. You call it "crap" - americans have never been known for their good maners
Ok,I just don't thnk Super Heavy is very good. Is that better?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 30, 2011 21:58

Stoneage
proudmary
Stoneage

Even Hendrix had to go the UK, to 'make it' in the USA

Date: September 30, 2011 22:33

sweetcharmedlife
Ok,I just don't thnk Super Heavy is very good. Is that better?

Absolutely. You don't like it - that's fine with me. Each to his own

Date: September 30, 2011 22:43

Stoneage
proudmary
Stoneage

I'm surprised more than anybody else. It's unbelievable all the negative reaction I got for this thread (but there were always people who were really interested in this topic)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-30 22:55 by proudmary.

Posted by: mandu ()
Date: October 1, 2011 02:34

i love the album,
beautiful people is catchy its a nice tune

Feel The Fear
And Do It Anyway

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: October 1, 2011 06:38

proudmary
Stoneage

What a ridiculous statement. Let's see, American culture practically invented Jazz, Blues, and pioneered modern cinema. Maybe it didn't sell to heeps of folks, but it was born and bread in the US, and enough of a following to keep it growing and morphing. Oh and lets not forget Rock and Roll! Now to be sure for massive stretches of the US the most avantguard you could find is chile on the hot dog as opposed to on the side. But go to New York, DC, San Fran, LA, Denver, New Mexico, Chicago, Detroit (home to the larges electronic music festival in the world!) and Miami, and even Austin. And you will find thriving artistic communities willing to push the boundaries of Art outside of the box. The fact Super Heavy isn't selling in the US speaks to that type of music not being popular by the masses who are now captivated by Glee. No accounting for taste...but to say Superheavy is avantgaurd?? That is quite a stretch, when comparing to something like say Laurie Anderson or Robert Maplethorp. Superheavy is not avantgaurd.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: October 1, 2011 07:07

IT may be that new buzzword "multi-cultural" but no way is

SuperHeavy "avantguard."

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: October 1, 2011 14:06

‘Superheavy’: interesting thumbs up
‘Unbelievable’: good thumbs up
‘Miracle Worker:’ nice reggae thumbs up
‘Energy’: useless
‘Satyameva Jayathe’: terrible
‘One Day One Night’: useless (Mick's voice is embarassing)
‘Never Gonna Change’: useless (Mick's voice is a nightmare eye popping smiley)
‘Beautiful People’: useless
‘Rock Me Gently’: useless
‘I Can’t Take It No More’: useless Mick's solo song.
‘I Don’t Mind’: useless
‘World Keeps Turning: useless
‘Mihaya’: awful
‘Warring People’: terrible
‘Common Ground’: thumbs down
‘Hey Captain’: interesting.

Date: October 1, 2011 15:10

KRiffhard
‘Common Ground’: thumbs down

Oh man, that's one of my favourites. I just love that song.

-------------------

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: October 1, 2011 16:13

One Day One Night starts promising, but the song does not develop properly, MJ's vocals are not bad.

Date: October 1, 2011 21:48

SuperHeavyFB status update
It's Saturday Morning Here in Los Angeles new mix of Superheavy "Energy" blasting out in my garden the mixture of that and the triple strong espresso I just had could well tip me over the edge HA!!!!! dave stewart

SuperHeavy not sure of Energy release in UK or when it goes to radio but soon I would imagine going to radio here in USA next week I think
[www.facebook.com]

SuperHeavy
Ok I'm just saying Mick is incredible to work with he has crazy amounts of "Energy" if he drank strong espresso all you would see of him would be a blur ! Nobody moves like Jagger !
[www.facebook.com]

SuperHeavy
Here a photo I took of Mick when he came round for a coffee at my apartment in Covent Garden a few years ago.... see what I mean !!!Dave

[www.facebook.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-01 22:08 by proudmary.

Posted by: DragonSky ()
Date: October 1, 2011 23:04

proudmary
sweetcharmedlife
proudmary
Stoneage

Horse or lion kind of mane?

Posted by: DragonSky ()
Date: October 1, 2011 23:06

sweetcharmedlife
proudmary
Stoneage

That made me laugh out loud! International snobbery is hilarious!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3435363738394041424344...LastNext
Current Page: 39 of 63

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2715
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home