Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Leavell on Huckabee
Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: May 31, 2011 16:50

Re: Leavell on Huckabee
Posted by: Vocalion ()
Date: May 31, 2011 16:54

Worst TD version ever, period.

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: May 31, 2011 17:15

Chuck resembles Col. Sanders

Posted by: mitchflorida ()
Date: May 31, 2011 17:16

I don't mind that Leavell isn't the greatest singer, but his piano playing sucked on that song. Is he supposed to be a top notch keyboard player?

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: May 31, 2011 19:05

Their should be laws against Mike Huckabee playing rolling stones songs. I don't care how big a fan he is.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 31, 2011 21:21

Chuck Chuck bo buck, bannana-fanna fo-fvck, fee-fi mo muck...works with "Huck" too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-05-31 21:24 by 71Tele.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: May 31, 2011 21:44

so Chuck has a new book.

He is a good guy.
I don't know about Huckabee, though...kinda wish he would have run, I'd like to hear him debate other GOP candidates...

the country did pretty well the last time we had a pres who likes the Stones, and could play an instrument...

Date: May 31, 2011 21:46

duke richardson
so Chuck has a new book.

He is a good guy.
I don't know about Huckabee, though...kinda wish he would have run, I'd like to hear him debate other GOP candidates...

the country did pretty well the last time we had a pres who likes the Stones, and could play an instrument...

Well, I DO know about him, and without going into details that would make this a political thread I am glad he will not be president, even though I think he is a decent guy.

Date: May 31, 2011 21:48

71Tele
duke richardson
so Chuck has a new book.

He is a good guy.

Well, I DO know about him, and without going into details that would make this a political thread I am glad he will not be president, even though I think he is a decent guy.

You are what they used to call a yellow dog Democrat. Would vote for a yellow dog as long as he is a Democrat.

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: May 31, 2011 21:52

Chuck is something of an enigma...his work with the Allmans was great...but, he has failed to impress me since being with the stones...he always seems to go into overkill. I'm sure he is a very talented keyboard player, but nothing on the scale of Nicky Hopkins.

Date: May 31, 2011 22:00

71Tele
duke richardson
so Chuck has a new book.

He is a good guy.

ah..don't get me wrong, I know Huckabee would have been beholden to a base of voters I basically disagree with: the so-called Christian right wingers...

its almost impossible to think of them supporting anyone with any Stones connection..a disconnect that I find kind of amusing, and that's why I would have liked to see Huckabee debate other GOP candidates.

sorry for the political comments, but we are talking Stones too!

Date: May 31, 2011 22:15

duke richardson
71Tele
duke richardson
so Chuck has a new book.

He is a good guy.

ah..don't get me wrong, I know Huckabee would have been beholden to a base of voters I basically disagree with: the so-called Christian right wingers...

its almost impossible to think of them supporting anyone with any Stones connection..a disconnect that I find kind of amusing, and that's why I would have liked to see Huckabee debate other GOP candidates.

Some people are just opposed to the Republicans and there is no sense in arguing with them.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: May 31, 2011 23:31

mitchflorida
duke richardson
71Tele
duke richardson
so Chuck has a new book.

He is a good guy.

Some people are just opposed to the Republicans and there is no sense in arguing with them.
And some people just want to make political statements so they can argue.

Date: May 31, 2011 23:33

mitchflorida
71Tele
duke richardson
so Chuck has a new book.

He is a good guy.

You are what they used to call a yellow dog Democrat. Would vote for a yellow dog as long as he is a Democrat.

A. You don't know enough about me to assume that

B. You happen to be wrong. In fact, I supported McCain in 2000, until Bush slimed him in the So. Carolina primary by making robocalls asking people if they heard about McCain's "black" daughter, so I have supported Republicans. But that was before they became the party of the willfully stupid, the hateful and the greedy, and drove anyone with an ounce of sense out of the party.

Date: May 31, 2011 23:39

mitchflorida
duke richardson
71Tele
duke richardson
so Chuck has a new book.

He is a good guy.

Just like there is no sense in arguing with people who held onto the belief - despite all empirical evidence to the contrary - that Obama was not born in the U.S., something like 50% of Republicans. That is, until he produced his long-form birth certificate, humiliated Donald Trump at the White House Correspondent's dinner, and got Osama bin Laden - all in one week!

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: May 31, 2011 23:42

mitchflorida
duke richardson
71Tele
duke richardson
so Chuck has a new book.

He is a good guy.

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: May 31, 2011 23:53

crumbling_mice
Chuck is something of an enigma...his work with the Allmans was great...but, he has failed to impress me since being with the stones...he always seems to go into overkill. I'm sure he is a very talented keyboard player, but nothing on the scale of Nicky Hopkins.

My first thought was why didn't they do an instrumental like Jessica by the Allmans, that would've seemed to make much more sense.

Huckabee seems like a nice guy (although I voted for one of his competitors in his party in the last primary; not the guy they ended up nominating though). He had Tommy Chong on his show once, very interesting interview. They actually agreed on a lot if you can believe that.

Date: June 1, 2011 00:03

" they became the party of the willfully stupid, the hateful and the greedy, and drove anyone with an ounce of sense out of the party."

smileys with beer

not to mention dishonest...

Date: June 1, 2011 01:02

mickscarey
mitchflorida
duke richardson
71Tele
duke richardson
so Chuck has a new book.

He is a good guy.

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

People oppose them because there are ample reasons to do so. End of story. Deal with it.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: June 1, 2011 01:37

Carry on with this political stuff if you want to have this thread closed...
...back to the topic - Chuck's singing and playing don't bother me, it's the cheap sound of his keyboard that annoys me no end.

Date: June 1, 2011 02:30

alimente
Carry on with this political stuff if you want to have this thread closed...
...back to the topic - Chuck's singing and playing don't bother me, it's the cheap sound of his keyboard that annoys me no end.

Me too...why does his digital keyboard sound like crap? I just saw Elvis Costello and Steve Nieve's digital piano sounded like - a piano.

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: June 1, 2011 05:35

>the country did pretty well the last time we had a pres who likes the Stones, and could play an instrument...

What instrument does the President play?

Congressional Quarterly reporter: "Beatles or Stones?"

Obama: "Stones."

Posted by: MRJIMMMY ()
Date: June 1, 2011 06:22

71Tele
mitchflorida
duke richardson
71Tele
duke richardson
so Chuck has a new book.

He is a good guy.

Just like there is no sense in arguing with people who held onto the belief - despite all empirical evidence to the contrary - that Obama was not born in the U.S., something like 50% of Republicans. That is, until he produced his long-form birth certificate, humiliated Donald Trump at the White House Correspondent's dinner, and got Osama bin Laden - all in one week!

JUST REMEMBER ................

Date: June 1, 2011 07:05

MRJIMMMY
71Tele
mitchflorida
duke richardson
71Tele
duke richardson
so Chuck has a new book.

He is a good guy.

JUST REMEMBER ................

True. I shouldn't take the bait. Sometimes it is difficult to allow idiocy to go unchallenged.

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: June 1, 2011 07:55

The playing and singing are fine but it seems stale due to the lousy sound in their studio and our speakers. Perhaps if they had played and rehearsed more then it would 'cook' more too?

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: June 1, 2011 14:42

Back to music - he's missing a few other key people - Mick, Keith, and Charlie.

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: June 1, 2011 14:45

Very nice gig.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: June 1, 2011 14:55

Chuck's version of TD? I think the people he had playing with him were below average at best. Couldn't hear the guitar. It was still better than the anything the Stones did in 81'.

Posted by: Vocalion ()
Date: June 1, 2011 15:52

More Hot Rocks
Chuck's version of TD? It was still better than the anything the Stones did in 81'.

Stupid x 37 IMHO

Date: June 1, 2011 16:45

I think it is fair to say that there was no rehearsal of this song, or at most one walk-through. Chuck, you are on national television, why not put some more effort in it?

The guitarist in back is no where to be heard, but that would just have been a good opportunity to show us what you can do on the ivories.

A missed opportunity.

I am not familiar with Chuck Leavell. Is he considered to be a triple AAA musician, or just another sideman?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-06-01 16:45 by mitchflorida.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2415
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home