Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
16 years ago !!! Paradiso gig in Amsterdam, 26 & 27 may, 1995
Posted by: Keessie ()
Date: May 26, 2011 18:59

Great memories of one of the best concerts I've ever seen !

R.T.L. 4 Nieuws, 22 May, 1995

N.O.S. Journaal, 23 May, 1995

Paradiso 1995 report, N.O.S. Journaal, 24 May, 1995

Paradiso 1995 report, N.O.S. Journaal, 26 May, 1995

Paradiso 1995 report, R.T.L. 4 Nieuws, 26 May, 1995

Paradiso 1995 report, R.T.L. 4 Nieuws, 27 May, 1995

Paradiso 1995 report, N.O.S. Journaal, 27 May, 1995

Paradiso 1995 report, N.O.S. Journaal, 27 May, 1995

Paradiso 1995 report M.T.V. News., 30 May, 1995

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-05-30 19:26 by Keessie.

Re: 16 years ago !!! Paradiso gig in Amsterdam, 26 & 27 may, 1995
Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: May 26, 2011 19:38

The 1995 club concerts belong to the best Stones gigs ever.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 26, 2011 19:54

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-05-26 21:50 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: May 26, 2011 20:36

2 of the best concerts of the last 25 years for sure.

Only thing negative about these shows - Jagger used a low flow shower head at the hotel in Amsterdam

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: May 26, 2011 21:05

i only know it from youtube clips and i'm always speechless when i see and hear how they played. outstanding! technicaly as good as on steel/urban but rougher and dirtier. real rock n roll! just imagine if those gigs were filmed for "shine a light"...
damned.

Date: May 26, 2011 21:11

guitarbastard
i only know it from youtube clips and i'm always speechless when i see and hear how they played. outstanding! technicaly as good as on steel/urban but rougher and dirtier. real rock n roll! just imagine if those gigs were filmed for "shine a light"...
damned.

Both shows were professionally filmed. And a couple of songs broadcasted on TV, and the whole shows being showed at a big screen in a park in Amsterdam. Yet they never chose to release these films.

Instead they left us waiting untill 1997 - when we got Any Way You Look At It - and the "deep grunge bizarre disco dub remix" of "Anybody Seen My Baby".

Date: May 26, 2011 21:33

The whole show from 27 May is on a private film from the screen on Museumplein in Amsterdam

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: May 26, 2011 22:14

Unfortunately they hired chicks in a disco to reaplace the
bad and the ugly front row. That shadow will last forever
on those shows.

Date: May 26, 2011 22:20

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: May 26, 2011 22:58

History repeats itself. They keep their greatest gigs away from the public and release, if anything at all, only some snippets on official albums: El Mocambo, Paradiso.

Date: May 26, 2011 23:14

alimente
History repeats itself. They keep their greatest gigs away from the public and release, if anything at all, only some snippets on official albums: El Mocambo, Paradiso.

Indeed.

Indeed. Wish I could talk to Jagger, personally, and tell him to get his finger out, and do what he should do, "releasing-wise". But apart from the fact that Jagger isn't communicating with me (apart from when it comes to choices of Shampoo-labels), the whole band doesn't give a crap about retrospective releases, obviously.

Jagger was a real clever guy in the late 60s, and the 70s.....yes; I agree; the 80s as well. You ask about the 90s? Siiiiigh....!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-05-27 13:51 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: stonesfan ()
Date: May 27, 2011 01:25

TooTough
on those shows.

That was only the second show, the first show I was in front of the stage, and I'm ugly as hell.

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: May 27, 2011 01:35

It saddens me dearly that the Paradiso (as well as Brixton Academy)shows were not released in their entirety as a CD/DVD set...once again, another missed opportunity...From the snippets I've seen and heard of this stuff, the playing & energy was there..

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: May 27, 2011 01:37

I just wish I was there sad smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: May 27, 2011 01:47

i'm a bit confused: how much is actualy available of those gigs (audio and vid)?

thanks for the infos.

***** i'm a cold italian pizza *****

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: May 27, 2011 02:58

Erik_Snow
alimente

Indeed. Wish I could talk to Jagger, personally, and tell him to get his finger out, and do what "he should do", releasing-wise. But apart from the fact that Jagger isnot communicating with me (apart from when it comes to choices of Shampoo-labels), the whole band doesn't give a crap about reprospective releases, or you (or me) "old fans" who wishes to re-live what we experienced back then. This is the only policy I can can think of which makes me "understad" "Mick's decions".

Jagger was a real clever guy in the late 60s, and the 70s.....yes; I agree; the 80s as well. You ask about the 90s?

[everything afterwards is edited. I wrote 2-3 pages more. But I deleted it all - god bless]

If the 80's Jagger-Richards fight was made up just to make us all believe the Stones were finished as a band, only to make us buy the 1989/1990 "reunion" tour tickets en masse and to treat a good, but not great "reunion" album Steel Wheels as a new masterpiece, then Jagger was indeed super clever-clever still in the 80's. In the 90's, he (and Keith, of course) wanted us to believe that the Stones were still a "current" band, but Bridges To Babylon was their last album that mattered, at least somewhat. It's only that we did not notice it until 8 or so years later when ABB came out... And these 8 years after Bridges was the last period of time that could have generated sufficient amounts of income with archive releases. And what happened? Nothing. NOT CLEVER! Now it's simply too late. They could earn the same income they had with this Exile reissue with just one gig!!! But that's EXILE! Whereas Mocambo or Paradiso on CD or DVD would earn them just an expensive dinner or two. Unless Mick will do it for the glory, I doubt that there is any motivation to dig that deep into the archives. What can we expect from the UMG deal that's already half over? Some Girls deluxe and possibly Sticky Fingers deluxe. And that's it. That's most probably as deep archive digging as it will get.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: May 27, 2011 03:03

guitarbastard
how much is actualy available of those gigs?

As far as I know both gigs are available, but only in very poor quality. Taken from the big screen outside.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: May 27, 2011 14:02

alimente
If the 80's Jagger-Richards fight was made up just to make us all believe the Stones were finished as a band, only to make us buy the 1989/1990 "reunion" tour tickets en masse and to treat a good, but not great "reunion" album Steel Wheels as a new masterpiece, then Jagger was indeed super clever-clever still in the 80's. In the 90's, he (and Keith, of course) wanted us to believe that the Stones were still a "current" band, but Bridges To Babylon was their last album that mattered, at least somewhat. It's only that we did not notice it until 8 or so years later when ABB came out... And these 8 years after Bridges was the last period of time that could have generated sufficient amounts of income with archive releases. And what happened? Nothing. NOT CLEVER! Now it's simply too late. They could earn the same income they had with this Exile reissue with just one gig!!! But that's EXILE! Whereas Mocambo or Paradiso on CD or DVD would earn them just an expensive dinner or two. Unless Mick will do it for the glory, I doubt that there is any motivation to dig that deep into the archives. What can we expect from the UMG deal that's already half over? Some Girls deluxe and possibly Sticky Fingers deluxe. And that's it. That's most probably as deep archive digging as it will get.

"now it's simply too late"

That sounds like a bizarre statement, but actually it's very true
Being interested in a band and it's music is something that is needed to be kept alive - by new recordings and new footage

That's why the "bootleg" -or "ROIO recordings" is such a great thing; as one get to hear new things - and keep the interest of the band alive. Obviously, this market has hit the dry, the last 15 years (of course with some exceptions)

Jagger's decision about leaving it all in the vaults is real bizarre. He has nothing to gain by it. Material like El Mocambo 1977, 1972 live album, Amsterdam 1995, London/Brussels 1973......how on earth could releases of this stuff make any harm? If not wanting to releasing "Taylor material" while Ronnie was in the band, in the late 70s and 80s.....then I understand - despite disagreeing to the decision.

But these times - Rolling Stones are no longer active....!

As you say, the hour is getting late; and maybe too late.

- best R&R in the world.....why close the curtains of these treasures they have recorded ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-05-27 14:13 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: May 27, 2011 14:13

The Stones should issue a DVD live box set like the excellent Led Zep one (only the Stones one would be much bigger).

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: May 27, 2011 14:32

It sure would be a treat if these gigs were to be released.

Only thing negative about these shows - Jagger used a low flow shower head at the hotel in Amsterdam

Gotta agree with this one. It's always a major turn off when your heroes use them darn low flow gizmos.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: May 27, 2011 14:52

The Stones

It sure would be a treat if these gigs were to be released.

Gotta agree with this one. It's always a major turn off when your heroes use them darn low flow gizmos.

That looks like 3 gigs spliced together.

Mick sounds great in the first on (wearing purple). The other ones I'm not sure about he sounds flatter.

Date: May 27, 2011 21:50

3 new reports from 27 may, 1995 in the first message

Gr Ray

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: May 27, 2011 23:39

Remember this so well. It was crazy.
I guess I was not so well-informed at the time. So I was waiting for the radio to announce where the presale would be. I lived in the center of town. So when it was stated that the presales were at the Melkweg never in my life have I raced so fast on my bike to the Melkweg. I remember racing along the Keizersgracht and seeing people jump out of their houses to do what I was doing.
Only to arrive at the Melkweg, to find out that 10,000 had gotten there earlier...
And the horrible people from public radio. All of them had a ticket of course, and so many people who really cared were left out, while the radio people were giving themselves a party. Apparently they were even handing out tickets to the cleaners there. Don't know if that was true, but it was pre-internet and all these media people and journalists and representatives of course all thought they were entitled to have something that they were basically taking away from the real fans. Don't know how other people feel about it, but that's how I felt about it.

Posted by: OhNoNotMeAgain ()
Date: May 27, 2011 23:50

Whale
I guess I was not so well-informed at the time. So I was waiting for the radio to announce where the presale would be. I lived in the center of town. So when it was stated that the presales were at the Melkweg never in my life have I raced so fast on my bike to the Melkweg. I remember racing along the Keizersgracht and seeing people jump out of their houses to do what I was doing.
Only to arrive at the Melkweg, to find out that 10,000 had gotten there earlier...

You know, it's funny...I just finished reading Bill German's great book "Under Their Thumb" this afternoon, and towards the end of that book, Bill describes in great detail what went on around Amsterdam regarding ticket sales for the Paradiso shows. How people gathered around different places in the city they thought were "the right ones" for tickets, and how Melkweg eventually turned out the only place to be. Must have been pure mayhem.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-05-27 23:56 by OhNoNotMeAgain.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 28, 2011 13:54

TooTough
on those shows.

+1

That was quite a fake.
Lots of these chicks didn't give a hoot about the Stones and just kept up the appearance,
while true Stones fans got sent away.

Date: May 30, 2011 19:27

Update with a report in the first message from M.T.V. News., 30 May, 1995

Gr Ray

Date: May 30, 2011 19:36

Strange situation to wait for a show on the screen. Those were the days in Holland.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 30, 2011 19:52

Slightly OT but can the Dutch IORRers confirm the 2nd Paradiso tape (the exc+ one) was taped inside or outside? (that is front of the screen)
Thx!

Date: May 30, 2011 20:16

dcba
Slightly OT but can the Dutch IORRers confirm the 2nd Paradiso tape (the exc+ one) was taped inside or outside? (that is front of the screen)
Thx!

The Foottappers And Wheel Shunters Club Gig Cd is from outside for the screen have i read

Date: May 30, 2011 20:17

Whale
And the horrible people from public radio. All of them had a ticket of course, and so many people who really cared were left out, while the radio people were giving themselves a party. Apparently they were even handing out tickets to the cleaners there. Don't know if that was true, but it was pre-internet and all these media people and journalists and representatives of course all thought they were entitled to have something that they were basically taking away from the real fans. Don't know how other people feel about it, but that's how I felt about it.

And i'm standing by the first 30 people >grinning smiley<

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2535
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home