Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: References to the Stones in fictional TV programs or films
Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: March 23, 2013 02:11

memphiscats
NoCode0680
ozziestone
You should see it then-it's a classic. That guy (Ralph Brown) has a fairly minor role right at the end but he shines in it. Similar character to the Wayne's World role actually.

I'll check it out, they have it streaming on Netflix.
Withnail is one of my very favorite flix...enjoy! smoking smiley
Another Stones reference was in "The Art of Getting By"...the kid says, yeah I guess someday I'll understand why my mother likes the Stones...Mmm - sounds too familiar.

You and me both memphiscats. I was listening to the band so much before the concert in December my son said to me, "Mom, I feel like we live with The Rolling Stones."
I've backed off a little bit. cool smiley

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: June 16, 2015 23:17

Last night Henry Winkler was on Last Call with Carson Daly and said that on an episode this season of his comedy series Children's Hospital he will dress as Keith Richards.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: June 17, 2015 06:08

Didn't Susan Partridge keep hearing the Boys after she had dental work?

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: June 17, 2015 06:38

Yes. In a 1971 episode of "The Partridge Family", Laurie Partridge (Susan Dey) says she can clearly hear the Rolling Stones in her mouth after she gets braces for her teeth. Apparently the metal braces are acting like a radio antenna picking up the signal from a local AM station. No mention of what song she is hearing.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-17 07:31 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 17, 2015 07:25

In my early years in school, I remember reading a novel called "On the shorther End of Sun Alley" (Am kürzeren Ende der Sonnenallee) which was about the iron curtain division of Berlin in the 70s. In between a story about growing up in GDR and confiscated West tapes, a character called Wuschel is determined to get his hands on a copy of Exile on Main Street and when he got it, he carried it around in his jacket without ever opening the shrinkwrap. The album ends up saving his life when during a power outage the border patrol shoots at him at Berlin Wall, mistaking him for a refugee. [en.wikipedia.org]

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: June 17, 2015 08:10

TornAndFried
Yes. In a 1971 episode of "The Partridge Family", Laurie Partridge (Susan Dey) says she can clearly hear the Rolling Stones in her mouth after she gets braces for her teeth. Apparently the metal braces are acting like a radio antenna picking up the signal from a local AM station. No mention of what song she is hearing.

[www.youtube.com] at 16:15, no mention of what song, and I can't remember if this was before or after the release of Sticky Fingers. At that time it really didn't matter since the Stones were on top and not playing in any dentist office. I can't find the thread where this originally started but it is on this site.

Posted by: Olly ()
Date: June 22, 2015 02:51

In Breaking Bad, Hank likens Walter holding a gun to 'Keith Richards with a glass of warm milk.'

Olly.

Date: June 22, 2015 22:57

Ronnie (played by Chris O'Dowd) in This Is 40:

'Keith Richards gets away with it [ageing], but that's because Keith Richards looked 70 when he was 40. And now that he's 70 he looks 69. He's regenerating.'

Olly.

Date: June 23, 2015 02:33

vudicus
There's an episode of Family Guy where Death pays a visit to Peter Frampton (not to kill him, just to use him to help Peter).

When Frampton sees death creeping up on him, he says

"SHOULDN'T YOU BE AT KEITH RICHARDS HOUSE???"

Season 9 Episode 7 of Family Guy, 'Foreign Affairs', features the music video for Bowie and Jagger's 'Dancing In The Street.' thumbs up

I appreciate this thread's been active for a while, but if anyone has anything further to add it would be great to try and compile as comprehensive a list as possible. smiling smiley

Olly.

Posted by: jrcjohnny99 ()
Date: June 28, 2015 20:09

EddieByword
During CSI Las Vegas the other night the Bossman CSI Langston turns up at a crime scene., a laboratory of a ""professor" of flatlining"". CSI Sarah Sidle was already there, there was a dead body in a cupboard, Langston says to Sarah Sidle "Where's the prof ? How is he ?"... Sarah, "Out in the corridor, he hasn't had so much fun since Altamont".................

If I remember rightly there's another I think in the film Officer & a Gentleman......the marine seargent refers to "Not wanting any of that Mick Jagger music around here"........can't remember the detail of that though.............anybody know of any others ?

Ha; this was just on a few minutes ago and reminded me of this thread; the line, spoken by Sgt Foley is
"Where you been all your lives? At an orgy? Listening to Mick Jagger music and bad mouthing your country I'll bet"

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: June 28, 2015 20:21

jrcjohnny99
EddieByword
During CSI Las Vegas the other night the Bossman CSI Langston turns up at a crime scene., a laboratory of a ""professor" of flatlining"". CSI Sarah Sidle was already there, there was a dead body in a cupboard, Langston says to Sarah Sidle "Where's the prof ? How is he ?"... Sarah, "Out in the corridor, he hasn't had so much fun since Altamont".................

If I remember rightly there's another I think in the film Officer & a Gentleman......the marine seargent refers to "Not wanting any of that Mick Jagger music around here"........can't remember the detail of that though.............anybody know of any others ?

Ha; this was just on a few minutes ago and reminded me of this thread; the line, spoken by Sgt Foley is
"Where you been all your lives? At an orgy? Listening to Mick Jagger music and bad mouthing your country I'll bet"

That's it...Officer & a Gentleman 1982.......and then in Too much blood - 1983 - Mick of course returns the nod by singing ...."When I get to the movies, you know I'd like to see something more romantic, you know. Like 'An Officer and a Gentleman' or something. Something you can take the wife to",

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-28 20:27 by EddieByword.

Posted by: geordiestone ()
Date: June 28, 2015 20:24

I don't know if this has been mentioned but i was watching the movie Boyhood the other night when some lyrics from Bitch were quoted by a teacher.

Date: June 28, 2015 20:52

Apologies if someone has posted this one already...

But there's a reference to Ron Wood by "Stefon" in what used to be the Seth Meyers Weekend Update portion of SNL, in the episode where Mick Jagger was the guest.

Stefon: "If you want culture and you want it now, I’ve got the place for you. New York’s hottest club is [funny buzzing noise]. Written and directed by James L. Brooks, this place has everything. Backpacks, sea lions, Ron Wood, a rental car filled with bottled water, my best friend Joel, plus a special appearance by evil celebrity chef, Wario Batali. He’s just like his brother, except he doesn’t wear crocs."

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2471
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home