Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
do you think any of the stones have a glance at iorr
Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: June 26, 2015 10:34

if the stones do watch iorr, or say, a family member of the stones does, and reports back to dad. to you think sometimes it must be heartbreaking to read some of the comments. i never participated on this site before but i have had a look on 'tell me' for years and some of the things said about Keith between 2007 and 2012 were hideous.
don't want to go into the finer points but it must be a slap in the face to someone who has given so much to the music. he may of been going through personal crisis around 2007 and perhaps the last place he wanted to be was on stage. but he pulled through. point is could the Keith bashing have been toned down a bit. you get banned from this site for swearing or being passionate and loosing your temper in the heat of the moment. so why not ban people ( or give them a time out ) when they get too personal about the stones .

Re: do you think any of the stones have a glance at iorr
Posted by: Lipsgogreen ()
Date: June 26, 2015 10:49

I don't want to get banned for talking about getting banned. However, I cant imagine anyone from the Stones would put any credence into anything said on any fan site.

How can you?Onepostsays "greatest version ever" the next post says "worst I've ever heard". Then you have all the people who claim to be insiders. They spout on endlessly about how much they know and who they blow. Drivel.

The Stones are about the music and performances. Everything else is just another buzz, episode or story. Just follow the music and performances.

You in white and me in green.

Thanks.

Tim

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: June 26, 2015 10:50

there are a lot of cruel comments on the board, the anonymity of the internet brings out the worst in people.

Date: June 26, 2015 10:55

Lipsgogreen
I don't want to get banned for talking about getting banned. However, I cant imagine anyone from the Stones would put any credence into anything said on any fan site.

How can you?Onepostsays "greatest version ever" the next post says "worst I've ever heard". Then you have all the people who claim to be insiders. They spout on endlessly about how much they know and who they blow. Drivel.

The Stones are about the music and performances. Everything else is just another buzz, episode or story. Just follow the music and performances.

You in white and me in green.

Thanks.

Tim

i would like to think this is the case. im a sensitive soul and probably over think things. thanks.

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: June 26, 2015 10:55

No, they don't. And if they would, they would laugh their heads off.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: June 26, 2015 10:56

Mick said he likes to read the comments on Stones forums.
He didn't say this forum, but I bet he checks this forum too.

About Keith: for me, Keith was responsible for the absolute low in stones history (the 2007 ABB tour). He gets praised for his greatest achievements too... blind admiration isn't good either.

Posted by: Lipsgogreen ()
Date: June 26, 2015 11:05

Tell me about it. I never said or did half the stuff I was accused of on IORR.
Oops, I mean onlystones never did or said half the stuff he was accused of on IORR.

Some people were worse than others. Some people could not tell the difference between my G4 and a piper cub (look it up).

Then after all the nonsense, people could not even agree if OS was a man or woman. MJ78 got banned for telling you I (he) is a guy. That is all MJ78 said was that OS was a male and he is sorry for the dead hooker jokes. Everything else was true.

Every man has the same come on...

Thanks.

Tim

Posted by: RaiseTheKnife ()
Date: June 26, 2015 11:25

BowieStone

Keith was responsible for the absolute low in stones history (the 2007 ABB tour). He gets praised for his greatest achievements too... blind admiration isn't good either.

IMO the absolute low in Stones history was the American 50 & Counting-tour 2013. Both Keith and the rest of the band (Ronnie may be an exception) played better in 2007. I also must say that I enjoyed my 2007 shows a lot more than the shows I've seen this year and last year. The biggest difference is the tempo, 2007 = Fast pace, 2012-2015 = Slow pace.

Date: June 26, 2015 11:30

RaiseTheKnife
BowieStone

Keith was responsible for the absolute low in stones history (the 2007 ABB tour). He gets praised for his greatest achievements too... blind admiration isn't good either.

IMO the absolute low in Stones history was the American 50 & Counting-tour 2013. Both Keith and the rest of the band (Ronnie may be an exception) played better in 2007. I also must say that I enjoyed my 2007 shows a lot more than the shows I've seen this year and last year. The biggest difference is the tempo, 2007 = Fast pace, 2012-2015 = Slow pace.

are you out of your mind ?? thats got to be a wind up. its the other way round pal

Date: June 26, 2015 11:33

and Ronnie is a big 'exception' because he completely redeemed himself. he is playing consistently the best ever. period. in my humble opinion of course lol.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: June 26, 2015 11:35

The slow tempos are a huge deal.
Most of us don't notice it as much because we are so used to it.

Date: June 26, 2015 11:43

Turner68
The slow tempos are a huge deal.
Most of us don't notice it as much because we are so used to it.

ok the tempo may of been better in 07 for you. and i agree with that. but would you rather see them now with RON and KEITH blowing everyone away with their guitars every night,, read the live feeds they tell the true story. read the reviews. just saying.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 26, 2015 11:43

Wasn't it Mick who once said something like ... One should never google one's own name

ROCKMAN

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 26, 2015 11:50

Lipsgogreen
MJ78 got banned for telling you I (he) is a guy. That is all MJ78 said was that OS was a male
and he is sorry for the dead hooker jokes. Everything else was true.

LoFL: If everything else was true, then it wasn't true that OS/you is/are a male
or that she/you was/were sorry for the jokes. It all fits, just like the ladies' lingerie tongue sticking out smiley

I believe it's been established that Stones Inc. do look in on iorr.
I agree that there have been times when the comments have been just plain mean.
There's a difference between thoughtful criticism and vicious nagging.

Date: June 26, 2015 11:51

MMM like are we on topic here. lol. the thread has nothing to to with how they play today or what tempo. but carry on i love this topic. its better

Date: June 26, 2015 11:53

with sssoul
Lipsgogreen
MJ78 got banned for telling you I (he) is a guy. That is all MJ78 said was that OS was a male

LoFL: If everything else was true, then it wasn't true that OS/you is/are a male
or that she/you was/were sorry for the jokes. It all fits, just like the ladies' lingerie tongue sticking out smiley

i'm referring thumbs up to the last sentence. i don't know nothing about the other stuff your on about.

thumbs up what can i say ssoul your beginning to grow on me

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-26 12:02 by keefriffhards.

Posted by: tauk ()
Date: June 26, 2015 12:11

with sssoul
Lipsgogreen

To sssoul I agree.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 26, 2015 12:16

It's better than this : iorr member Dreamtime IS Mick Jagger!

Posted by: tauk ()
Date: June 26, 2015 12:22

dcba
It's better than this : iorr member Dreamtime IS Mick Jagger!

To myself right now I am saying in re. to the above comment re."Dreamtime": "Keep your mouth shut, keep your mouth shut, don't write anything at all about DT just like you haven't for a long time now, lest DT will rudely jump in & call me names.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-27 03:30 by tauk.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: June 26, 2015 12:26

Date: June 26, 2015 12:32

Im lost. can we have an adult conversation about the thread title without all the crap.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-07-18 23:52 by keefriffhards.

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: June 26, 2015 12:33

Being critisized for over 50 years, I don't think the Stones are really bothered about
what a couple of trolls are posting on a message board. They've heard and seen it all
before a zillion times.

I can imagine someone in the organisation is following the boards and reports now and
then what the trending topics are. This filter may lead to some biased information they
receive, but in the end it might be used as positive feedback and we'll all benefit.

Most important, I guess, is that the spirit is kept alive on boards like IORR. Fans make
each other crazy with raving reviews and this helps ticket and album sales a lot.
So in the end the boys must be happy that a board like IORR exists where fans join
together with the band (sorry, wrong lyrical reference).

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Date: June 26, 2015 12:33

before the thread gets deleted.

Date: June 26, 2015 12:44

every time someone says something certain people dont agree with. the troll word comes up. why cant we talk about something without being called fanboy or troll. does it make you feel better about yourself to call people troll cos you dont agree.
look if i was talking about the stones to a friend in a pub, would you join in by calling them a troll. that would be asking for trouble. or would you say hey man i seen the stones in 81' or 72' and buy each other a drink. people get more insulting hiding behind their lap tops or whatever they use.

Date: June 26, 2015 12:49

back on thread. i think Mick and chuck look on iorr. its uncanny how many times they change the setlist when people moan. so yeah some moaning and criticising is productive

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: June 26, 2015 13:40

BowieStone
[www.iorr.org]

Lol I don't know why he would do that to himself. Maybe it's just because he is so secure with himself and it doesn't bother him, but personally i would not be able to take being ripped to shreds by a complete stranger (as he sometimes is on here).

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: June 26, 2015 14:27

Yes I do, and I believe this forum was instrumental in Mick Taylor being included on recent live shows and studio work. Taylorite power!

It's not quite the free-for-all you would believe. Posts or threads that are too critical within certain criteria will either be deleted or closed, and can lead to a poster being banned.

Date: June 26, 2015 14:41

Bliss
Yes I do, and I believe this forum was instrumental in Mick Taylor being included on recent live shows and studio work. Taylorite power!

It's not quite the free-for-all you would believe. Posts or threads that are too critical within certain criteria will either be deleted or closed, and can lead to a poster being banned.

thanks for the tip. think i will back of from heavy threads or subjects from now on. looks like they do no good. some things are just better not said. im learning my way about here. cheers Bliss

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: June 26, 2015 15:06

I think they look and quickly back away! "These are our best fans? Jesus Christ".

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: June 26, 2015 15:08

Bliss

OMG...you're so far from the truth.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1789
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home