Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Running Out of Luck - complete film
Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: May 20, 2015 07:30

For those who haven't seen it, it's well worth watching, if only for the hot love scene between Mick and Rae Dawn Chong.

The acting leaves something to be desired, although you do get a flavour of Mick and Jerry's real r'ship.

Running Out of Luck

Re: Running Out of Luck - complete film
Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: May 20, 2015 14:34

It looks like a lot of fun to watch. Thanks for posting the link. thumbs up

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: May 20, 2015 14:56

Bliss
For those who haven't seen it, it's well worth watching, if only for the hot love scene between Mick and Rae Dawn Chong.

The acting leaves something to be desired, although you do get a flavour of Mick and Jerry's real r'ship.

Running Out of Luck

It's OK.

There's one really tremendous scene where a penniless Mick is trying to convince a couple in a shop that he's really Micko Jaggero and he's doing his stage type dancing, and tiny kid - can't be much more than 7 or 8, appears behind him mimicking him. Great stuff.

And, in my view, "Just Another Night" is one of the best songs that The Stones never recorded.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: May 20, 2015 15:27

CaptainCorella
Bliss

Running Out of Luck

It's OK.

There's one really tremendous scene where a penniless Mick is trying to convince a couple in a shop that he's really Micko Jaggero and he's doing his stage type dancing, and tiny kid - can't be much more than 7 or 8, appears behind him mimicking him. Great stuff.

And, in my view, "Just Another Night" is one of the best songs that The Stones never recorded.

Brilliant and he points himself out on the cover of Through the past darkly saying "It's me, it's me" and puts it on the record player........and out comes Brown sugar......(which isn't on that album........great stuff...I wonder if they noticed...

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: May 20, 2015 15:51

Haven't seen it in years, but it is a very enjoyable romp. I liked the Shes the Boss album anyway; and this Julien Temple directed mini movie, while very dated, is kitschy but definitely fun!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 20, 2015 16:09

EddieByword
CaptainCorella
Bliss

Running Out of Luck

It's OK.

Brilliant and he points himself out on the cover of Through the past darkly saying "It's me, it's me" and puts it on the record player........and out comes Brown sugar......(which isn't on that album........great stuff...I wonder if they noticed...

That was the brilliant scene from the movie. I remember watching it when it first came out, thinking WTF? At the time I didn't think it actually was a mistake, just a wink to see if we were paying attention.

EDIT...oh, and MJ flipping through vinyl, trying to find a stones album, and only finding Julio Iglesios over and over...Julio, Julio, Julio, Julio...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-20 16:11 by treaclefingers.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: May 20, 2015 16:17

I still own it, on vhs ... too bad I no longer have a vhs player!!

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: May 20, 2015 16:30

LeonidP

Betamax

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: May 20, 2015 16:52

Horrible film. A B-movie in eighties-style. Jagger's acting isn't very well either, plus the 'rape'-attempt done at Jerry, where she blinds the guy with a pocket-mirror, leaves a lot to be desired. However, as others pointed out, the scene where Jagger is trying to convince that he is himself, is hilarious.

Date: May 20, 2015 20:52

Blueranger
Horrible film. A B-movie in eighties-style. Jagger's acting isn't very well either, plus the 'rape'-attempt done at Jerry, where she blinds the guy with a pocket-mirror, leaves a lot to be desired. However, as others pointed out, the scene where Jagger is trying to convince that he is himself, is hilarious.

It's so horrifically bad it's impossible to think they may not have been aware of this while making it, meaning that it actually approaches greatness!

Actually though, there's no explanation for Primitive Cool thereafter so maybe it's just a horrible film.

Date: May 21, 2015 04:34

treaclefingers
Blueranger

It's so horrifically bad it's impossible to think they may not have been aware of this while making it, meaning that it actually approaches greatness!

Actually though, there's no explanation for Primitive Cool thereafter so maybe it's just a horrible film.

At the time that came out I owned a shop and one of the girls who worked for me was obsessed (she wasn't even a Stones fan)...but she used to play it as soon as she came in and at least one more time during the day for about 3 months...........loved it.....I've got be honest I was a fan too - although Let's Work on TOTP was a bit hard to take.....eye popping smiley....... but even that, Mick should rewrite the lyrics and rename it; Let's Twerk............

Another scene from Running out of luck was the one of all the prisoners dancing on the balcony ...to 1/2 a loaf if I remember rightly..............great camp nonsense....so funny...

Date: May 21, 2015 06:01

EddieByword
treaclefingers
Blueranger

At the time that came out I owned a shop and one of the girls who worked for me was obsessed (she wasn't even a Stones fan)...but she used to play it as soon as she came in and at least one more time during the day for about 3 months...........loved it.....I've got be honest I was a fan too - although Let's Work on TOTP was a bit hard to take.....eye popping smiley....... but even that, Mick should rewrite the lyrics and rename it; Let's Twerk............

Another scene from Running out of luck was the one of all the prisoners dancing on the balcony ...to 1/2 a loaf if I remember rightly..............great camp nonsense....so funny...

It's complete kitsch, which is great but prolly not what MJ was aspiring to.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: May 21, 2015 06:54

It's ridiculous. Silly story, bad acting. It's saved by the scenery and some really good guitar work on some of the tracks. I guess it's fun to watch. I have it on Laser Disk but haven't watched it much over the years

Date: May 21, 2015 07:25

I watched it... many "cringe-worthy" moments HA!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-21 07:33 by brokecollegestudent.

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: May 21, 2015 09:53

LeonidP

I transferred my VHS to DVD a few years back.

If you're a bit of a techie, then you can get something that plugs your VHS player into your PC which makes it very easy.

If you're not a techie, then there may still be VHS to DVD writer/players that do the job for you. (The one I used was VERY good. If you go down this route, check what the device does if you're using a dual layer DVD to write to, and the first layer fills up. Some stop and ask for user action (eh!), but good ones simply carry on...)

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: jp.M ()
Date: May 21, 2015 10:22

...why not on DVD....??? I have VHS but can't use the machine now..it' an interesting film and I like the songs...

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: June 27, 2015 18:58

Blueranger

hahaha

one of the funniest movies I have seen..

The Jagger solo stuff is very refreshing to hear...the people who bag it just cant let the keith-stones stuff go...

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 27, 2015 19:05

treaclefingers
EddieByword
CaptainCorella
Bliss

Running Out of Luck

It's OK.

That was the brilliant scene from the movie. I remember watching it when it first came out, thinking WTF? At the time I didn't think it actually was a mistake, just a wink to see if we were paying attention.

EDIT...oh, and MJ flipping through vinyl, trying to find a stones album, and only finding Julio Iglesios over and over...Julio, Julio, Julio, Julio...

Indeed a hilarious scene. Isn't JJF is the tune that comes out though, not BS? That is the first track on the record. Here it is again:

video: [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: June 27, 2015 19:32

Naturalust
treaclefingers
EddieByword
CaptainCorella
Bliss

Running Out of Luck

It's OK.

Indeed a hilarious scene. Isn't JJF is the tune that comes out though, not BS? That is the first track on the record. Here it is again:

I think hilarious is when something is really funny. Anyone who finds that hilarious is easily amused and I can't imagine what they would call something that is actually really funny.

That scene is crineworthy and had to watch.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 27, 2015 19:39

stanlove
Naturalust
treaclefingers
EddieByword
CaptainCorella
Bliss

Running Out of Luck

It's OK.

I think hilarious is when something is really funny. Anyone who finds that hilarious is easily amused and I can't imagine what they would call something that is actually really funny.

If you don't like that scene, I don't recommend the rest of the film. It would probably be torture for you.

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: June 27, 2015 19:46

Naturalust
stanlove
Naturalust
treaclefingers
EddieByword
CaptainCorella
Bliss

Running Out of Luck

It's OK.

If you don't like that scene, I don't recommend the rest of the film. It would probably be torture for you.

correct. .stop watching and stop commenting.

Date: June 27, 2015 19:47

Eleanor Rigby
Blueranger

hahaha

one of the funniest movies I have seen..

The Jagger solo stuff is very refreshing to hear...the people who bag it just cant let the keith-stones stuff go...

Refreshing?
Like water on a burning beach?

I just can't let the keith-stones stuff go. I'll take it any day

Date: June 27, 2015 19:55

Naturalust
treaclefingers
EddieByword
CaptainCorella
Bliss

Running Out of Luck

It's OK.

I forgot JJF came out first but if you watch the film he dances with that little kid for a bit and then says "You don't remember? you don't remember? No?.....then puts another track on saying "ok, you'll remember this....then BS comes out, also, when he puts the record on it's got a yellow label.....(not the blue Decca........(not that that's even the actual record playing anyway..

funny though..................I'm dismayed we haven't had Freejack II - the sequel...............he's so camp he's really funny.......

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-27 21:20 by EddieByword.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: June 27, 2015 19:57

Thank god MJ didn't give up his day job. free Jack was hideous too.

Date: June 27, 2015 20:03

Wonder if Mick can play a pirate?
Disney is hiring...

Date: June 27, 2015 20:19

Munichhilton
Wonder if Mick can play a pirate?
Disney is hiring...

did Keith fall out with Disney. don't think he is in the new Pirates with Johnny Depp

Posted by: 751st ()
Date: June 27, 2015 20:33

Don't think the film was made to wow anybody just a way to plug or promote the album say like Thriller besides it's charming enough and its certainly more entertaining than say Give My Regards To Broad Street.I have it copied to DVD. She's The Boss is my favorite MJ solo LP maybe not the best but my fave.Can you imagine Keith making films for Talk Is Cheap or Main Offender now that could have been quite interesting.

Date: June 27, 2015 20:37

751st
Don't think the film was made to wow anybody just a way to plug or promote the album say like Thriller besides it's charming enough and its certainly more entertaining than say Give My Regards To Broad Street.I have it copied to DVD. She's The Boss is my favorite MJ solo LP maybe not the best but my fave.Can you imagine Keith making films for Talk Is Cheap or Main Offender now that could have been quite interesting.

Did Jagger had some kind of mid life crises in the 80's or what. male menopause i think they call it..

Posted by: CloudCat ()
Date: June 27, 2015 21:16

keefriffhards
Thank god MJ didn't give up his day job. free Jack was hideous too.

Hey now!

one mississppi, two mississippi.........

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: June 27, 2015 21:41

Yeah, I guess as a long form video, it's OK, and yes it's better than Give My Regards to Broad Street (which may be among the worst movies ever made, so that isn't saying much). But, that doesn't make it good - only the music saves it for me.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1356
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home