Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Downloading ?
Posted by: marko ()
Date: February 25, 2011 19:37

Thats a perfect list for beginners!

Posted by: NWSooner ()
Date: February 27, 2011 03:25

Friends, yesterday was the day....and "BRUSSELS" it was....So at first I was like hmmm this is interesting, I guess maybe because I wasn't sure to expect, about 3 songs in I was going yea this is "RAW", maybe like a small venue/club show (which by the way I've never had the pleasure of attending). By the end I was really loving the experience for sure.

Now I'm going to download a few more...,Thanks for all of the great help and tips for what shows to start with.

NWSooner

PS An yes Wainright going down was not good...who is your team?

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: February 27, 2011 03:30

Love Taylor's lead on "Heartbreaker" from Brussels.

Posted by: NWSooner ()
Date: February 27, 2011 05:53

Elmo Lewis
Love Taylor's lead on "Heartbreaker" from Brussels.

HMMMMM, must have downloaded the wrong BELGIUM show, no Heartbreaker in the set list I listened too....? I'm an idiot!

Listening to Hampton 81 now,,,,incredible show so far.....

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: February 27, 2011 07:25

The jam on "Heartbreaker" from '73 always seems to be foreshadowing "Fingerprint File."

Posted by: neylon79 ()
Date: February 28, 2011 21:49

I think most of the brussels discs out there are actually a combo of the 10/17 show from Belgium and a London show, maybe 9/9/73? So you may have grabbed one that only had the Brussels show on it. Since most of the Brussels discs combine these shows, and often putting the songs in a random order, I know I always assume Heartbreaker was played (and recorded) on 10/17.

see urbansteel's Brussels discs, which show exactly where each song came from here.

Now, with all this information, the 9/9/73 show was compiled from the soundboard recording's and filled in with audience recordings here. Here heartbreaker is called doo doo doo doo doo (which is what jagger calls it before the band starts playing)

and just because I think the 73 tour is my favorite group of recordings, I'd suggest you try out this one too. which is 10/13 and 10/14 some soundboard and while the band was still in this peak.

Hope that clears things up- stones shows have never been as well organized on bootlegs as some other bands, with various versions of shows on vinyl and cd, chopped up, edits done, various quality, a TON of misinformation on the liner notes, incomplete shows, dropouts mid-song, etc. Thankfully, now there is a lot of compiling and organizing that has been done in the internet age, so you can avoid a lot of redundancy in your collection (and spend way less money than when these records/cds were only available by mail order or in mom-and-pop stores.)

If I'm wrong on any of these, please feel free to correct me. I spent a ton of time organizing my collection of live and studio stuff a while back and discovered just how much redundancy I had in my collection.

Matt

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: February 28, 2011 22:24

Here heartbreaker is called doo doo doo doo doo (which is what jagger calls it before the band starts playing)

Correct - just too many words to type.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1934
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home