Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

It's Only Rock and Roll (the album) Sessions
Posted by: DiamondDog7 ()
Date: February 28, 2011 03:08

Aren't there any pics or something of those sessions? Of course I read all those stories about conflicts between Richards and Taylor. But I'm very curious about dates, takes and pictures during those sessions? :-)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2011-02-28 03:12 by DiamondDog7.

Re: It's Only Rock and Roll Sessions
Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: February 28, 2011 03:10

Has the original IORR demo recorded at Ronnie's house ever appeared ?

Posted by: stones78 ()
Date: February 28, 2011 03:11

[www.iorr.org]
Here's a few.

Date: February 28, 2011 03:11

Sorry... I mean the whole album. Not just the song. ;-)

Date: February 28, 2011 03:17

stones78
[www.iorr.org]
Here's a few.

Those are GHS sessions. Also very cool. But not the ones I'm looking for. Thanks anyways, Stones78.

Re: It's Only Rock and Roll (the album) Sessions
Posted by: stones78 ()
Date: February 28, 2011 03:28

No, those are from the IORR sessions, it's the Musicland Studios in Munich. GHS was recorded in Jamaica and there are a lot of pictures of those sessions as well.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: February 28, 2011 09:29

stones78
No, those are from the IORR sessions, it's the Musicland Studios in Munich. GHS was recorded in Jamaica and there are a lot of pictures of those sessions as well.

They only recorded basic tracks of a few songs in Jamaica. According to Wyman, the sessions in Jamaica where dreadful and yielded nothing. GHS was recorded most in Island Recording Studios, London, May and June 1973.

Mathijs

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: February 28, 2011 17:43

According to one of those Uncut Rolling Stones special issues IORNR started out to be Side A covers Side B live tracks from the 73 tour.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: February 28, 2011 21:08

skipstone
According to one of those Uncut Rolling Stones special issues IORNR started out to be Side A covers Side B live tracks from the 73 tour.

I remember them even officially announcing this at the time (yes, that's how f'n old I am).

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: February 28, 2011 22:12

So that's actually true then! Considering how different that was for them to do at that point (what was the last album with a lot of covers on it? Out Of Our Heads?) I figured that magazine was not pulling any kind of a prank in saying/revealing that. They must've done, what, at least five covers for one side, right? So maybe they actually did more. We know of Drift Away and obviously Ain't Too Proud To Beg. It would be great if they actually decided to release it with the original intent - stellar sonic quality of the 1973 tour of course being the better part of the release.

With the amount of LPs they've released, what, 26 or so, barring various comps and live albums, why not dig into the vaults and release some of the stuff that's just laying around. Why not. It's as simple as why they keep touring - because they can. They need to smarten up.

Oddly they might be considered more relevant (if not so more in a historic sense than anything) if they did release some of the unreleased gems they have in the vaults (preferably without any new overdubs, ha ha). Of course, their relevance pretty much stopped after Exile, got a shot in the arm with Some Girls and then Tattoo You was it. Since then any influence they've had on bands is all the older albums. In terms of actual relevance that is, not just because they're still going or 'of the moment' like how some people think the Black Eyed Peas are relevant because they're 'of the moment'! They're not! Are they truly influencing anything or anyone? Other than people's money leaving their wallets, I think not.

Etcetera.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1647
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home