Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Stones Look Finished, Bring On The Mick Jagger Solo Tour
Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: January 28, 2011 03:29

It's looking more and more like the Stones are finished, due to age and Keith's arthritis. It's very sad but I'm starting to accept it. Nothing lasts forever, after all.

But Jagger, on the other hand, seems to be in excellent health and could probably go on performing for a while. It wouldn't be as good as the Stones (very little is) but it would beat the hell out of nothing. He could sign up a couple of virtuoso guitar slingers and a crack backup band and hit the road.

I'd go see a Jagger solo tour. Of course he'd have to play much smaller venues, but that might actually be a good thing. What do you all think ... would you go see a Jagger solo tour, and what kind of business do you think it would do? Is it something Mick would even consider at this point?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-01-28 03:30 by ohnonotyouagain.

Re: Stones Look Finished, Bring On The Mick Jagger Solo Tour
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: January 28, 2011 03:35

Thanks, but no thanks! Been there, done that.

Date: January 28, 2011 03:38

Stoneage
Thanks, but no thanks! Been there, done that.

I'm guessing/hoping that if he toured solo again it would be a lot better than his 80s solo tour, which was kind of tacky from what I hear. And it would probably do a lot better business now due to the nostalgia factor.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: January 28, 2011 03:50

Mick & Keith "solo": The two of them with a couple of stools, acoustic guitars and harmonica, maybe a keyboard; doing blues cover favorites, reinterpreting some Rolling Stones songs, and maybe even a couple of new ones. Small venues, intimate, conversational vibe. Can you imagine how cool that would be? It would be the hottest ticket in town. Too bad they can't stand each other.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-01-28 03:52 by 71Tele.

Date: January 28, 2011 03:54

71Tele
Mick & Keith "solo": The two of them with a couple of stools, acoustic guitars and harmonica, maybe a keyboard; doing blues cover favorites, reinterpreting some Rolling Stones songs, and maybe even a couple of new ones. Small venues, intimate, conversational vibe. Can you imagine how cool that would be? It would be the hottest ticket in town. Too bad they can't stand each other.

That would be cool, but if they're going to do that they might as well include Ronnie and Charlie and call it the Stones.

Posted by: svendborg ()
Date: January 28, 2011 03:55

Why on Earth?
His solo tours in the past wasn't anything like the Stones, it was really a parodu of a rock show.

Date: January 28, 2011 03:56

ohnonotyouagain
71Tele

That would be cool, but if they're going to do that they might as well include Ronnie and Charlie and call it the Stones.

That would be the point. Once you have Ronnie and Charlie, they would feel compelled to need the whole circus. As much as I would miss Charlie, the opportunity to see the two songwriters and lifelong friends in an intimate environment would be awesome. I like this idea so much I moved it over to its own thread...

Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: January 28, 2011 04:01

ohnonotyouagain
It's looking more and more like the Stones are finished, due to age and Keith's arthritis. It's very sad but I'm starting to accept it. Nothing lasts forever, after all.

But Jagger, on the other hand, seems to be in excellent health and could probably go on performing for a while. It wouldn't be as good as the Stones (very little is) but it would beat the hell out of nothing. He could sign up a couple of virtuoso guitar slingers and a crack backup band and hit the road.

I'd go see a Jagger solo tour. Of course he'd have to play much smaller venues, but that might actually be a good thing. What do you all think ... would you go see a Jagger solo tour, and what kind of business do you think it would do? Is it something Mick would even consider at this point?

Sometimes I get this strange feeling that that is exactly the way Mick would like to see it all play out. I sure hope I am wrong about this feeling.

Date: January 28, 2011 04:05

71Tele

This could become reality in about five to ten years. They will eventually grow closer as they come to grips with their own immortality.

Date: January 28, 2011 04:05

stonescrow
71Tele

This could become reality in about five to ten years. They will eventually grow closer as they come to grips with their own immortality.

Silly me, I meant mortality!

Date: January 28, 2011 04:07

stonescrow
stonescrow
71Tele

In Keith's case it might be immortality.

Posted by: cc ()
Date: January 28, 2011 04:15

I wouldn't go.

Date: January 28, 2011 04:21

71Tele
stonescrow
stonescrow
71Tele

In Keith's case it might be immortality.

Nevertheless, I absolutely love your idea. It is the way I always envisioned them closing out their lives.

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: January 28, 2011 04:47

I'd probably go just for the hell of it.

Date: January 28, 2011 04:54

71Tele
ohnonotyouagain
71Tele

That would be the point. Once you have Ronnie and Charlie, they would feel compelled to need the whole circus. As much as I would miss Charlie, the opportunity to see the two songwriters and lifelong friends in an intimate environment would be awesome. I like this idea so much I moved it over to its own thread...

good point. and if it's acoustic, you really don't need a drummer

Date: January 28, 2011 04:55

svendborg
Why on Earth?
His solo tours in the past wasn't anything like the Stones, it was really a parodu of a rock show.

Granted that it has the potential to be bad based on his past solo concerts. I'm going to blame the '80s for that, tho; lots of great musicians sucked in the '80s.

Posted by: cc ()
Date: January 28, 2011 05:03

yeah, but there's also the quality of mick's vocals to consider. I don't think his voice has held up to the extent that many fans think it has. I don't think you could center a whole show--in reality, not the "Two Stools" fantasy, so Bernard, Lisa, Matt Clifford, and Jimmy Rip (maybe?) are likely in the mix--around him as a singer anymore. At least with the Stones, the crowd gets to "see" the legendary band.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: January 28, 2011 05:31

I think he's past the solo tour itch. Maybe he'd play with some other 'senior' superstars on his level.

Date: January 28, 2011 07:31

24FPS
I think he's past the solo tour itch. Maybe he'd play with some other 'senior' superstars on his level.

I don't know, I think he craves the adultation too much to stay off the stage even after the Stones call it quits.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 28, 2011 07:33

...A Mick tour with Keef on geeeetar and Charlie on drums would be way cool ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: klrkcr ()
Date: January 28, 2011 07:52

I wouldnt go to a Mick solo tour - wasnt interested in '88 when he came down under.

Date: January 28, 2011 08:48

Rockman
...A Mick tour with Keef on geeeetar and Charlie on drums would be way cool ....

Yessir...Maybe Charlie can break out the toy drum kit from SFM...

I once saw a weird version of Squeeze at the Beacon Theater in NY. Drummer Pete Thomas had dropped out to get back with Elvis Costello & The Attractions, so Squeeze lined up on stage in a row with their keyboard player (believe it was Paul Carrack on that tour) hitting a snare drum on a stand. They added Aimie Mann too. One of the best shows I've ever seen...but I digress...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-01-28 08:49 by 71Tele.

Posted by: bustedtrousers ()
Date: January 28, 2011 09:11

71Tele

You've talked a a lot about Keith's playing ability Tele, he can suddenly play acoustic without any problems? I've seen some footage of him messing around on them, and he seems better at that than electric. But it's a big jump to a whole set/tour. Plus, Keith's voice is shot. It's not even raggedly pleasant/pleasantly ragged at this point, and I imagine your imagining them singing together, right?

They'd never settle for the pay cut.

Nice fantasy, but no less problematic than the full works.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: January 28, 2011 09:22

Been there, done that, and yes, I'd do it again in a heartbeat. A tight, professional show, with no drunken antics on stage; probably in an arena, lower ticket prices. Bring it on.

Posted by: goinhome ()
Date: January 28, 2011 09:54

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: January 28, 2011 11:00

24FPS
I think he's past the solo tour itch.
'

I share this sentiment. I don't think Mick is anymore eager (if ever) to change the winning receipt. Within The Stones he can just concentrate to keep himself in fit - physically, vocally - to play the Rolling Stones frontman character he knows by heart. It is 'easier' to have the right to play the war heroes set under the name of The Rolling Stones. I really can't imagine Mick has some "artistic" ambitions to change the nature of the game radically now. It is a long since the 80's when he serioulsy tried to be something else in a musical world than the singer of The Rolling Stones.

- Doxa

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 28, 2011 11:22

ohnonotyouagain
24FPS

I don't know, I think he craves the adultation too much to stay off the stage even after the Stones call it quits.

he hasnt exactly been keen to get anywhere near a stage when the Stones have been inactive, has he?

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: January 28, 2011 13:03

ohnonotyouagain
71Tele

This could contribute to the best of all possible worlds ...

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: January 28, 2011 13:09

I would go but to be honest I´m not really interested in this stuff, If Mick wouldn´t be in the Stones I wouldn´t care about him.

Posted by: TrulyMicks ()
Date: January 28, 2011 15:03

I'm surpised at the amount of people here who would not go. Mick is one of the greatest, most prolific songwriters of all time, not to mention his showmanship and stage presence that no one can rival. This is a Stones fan site?

I would love to see him on stage, with or without the Stones.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Previous page Next page First page IORR home